facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 1, 2008, 02:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehsin
This is unbelievable. What has happened to BD ? We let criminals roam free in public, allow them to get out of jail and run for election and this folks want to ban cricket match videos?
Allow people who follow DW n tv to enjoy these matches. This was a bonehead move and they should be ashamed to bring themselves to this is a new low for a democratic country like Bangladesh.
Yea we definatly need to get our priorities straight as a country.

I was also thinking how we can ban something like this, being a "democratic" country.

Old November 1, 2008, 02:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

as long as they ban IPL too, it will be great.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 1, 2008, 02:29 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
I am not an ICL fan. But this is not true. I could watch in ten and zee sports the ICL match. I would applaud the govt to ban any local channel (specially the Diganto). This is for two reasons - saving money going outside the country and the other one is purely political. However I am not at all please with this so called information ministry thinks. We can not watch the ongoing Aus- Ind series as the free to air channel Super sports and neo-sports needed to be pre -approved by Govt. This is simply blatnat interference of government in our freedom of speech.

Seems like your blue planet is turning black
Old November 1, 2008, 02:35 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
I do not watch ICL. So I do not know which Bd companies are buying ad in 10 sports or Zee sports. But I never saw any bd ad in ten sports or zee sports when I watch other sp0rting event on those channel. So I infer that no Bd company is buying ad over there. However when Digonta TV is buying the right, they have to pay Zee for that right; thus money goes outside Bangladesh; Regarding your second issue, I hope you use teletalk - then then problem of money going to Norway or Malaysia or Egypt would not arise. BTW I have serious problem going money to India then Norway (even after massive amount of money going through GP, it is one of the few country where we have balance of Trade in our favor; at least that was the case till 2006; last time I checked). BTW you may have forgot how much money GP and Banglalink invest in Bangladesh and how much job they created in Bangladesh. GP alone created more job for Bangladeshis then all indian companies in Bangladesh combined .
BTW is not it quite ironic Digonta - a channel associated with Jamat is trying to buy product from Zee - a channel which has very soft corner for BJP and if some of my Indians friend to belive may be part of BJP. Surely Fundies are always together irrespective of Hindu, Muslim or Christians

Even though you have some strength in the later part of your comment in terms of logic, the first argument is simply pathetic. What will happen to Bangladesh, if other countries decide not to trade (import) anything including labour from Bangladesh to prevent money going abroad????? There could only be a campaign to promote goods and services produced by the country to be consumed in the country, but that only could be a second front. Not a primary one as you seem to suggest. Why watch India Aussie match?
Old November 1, 2008, 02:42 PM
ODI Cricketer

This is a clear propaganda mission. We are taking mediavle approach of leaving the mass in ignorace so that status quo can be maintained. This is pathetic. So ICL ban was not from the ground they said it was. Now that BCB has successfully lobbied the Propaganda Ministry (or used the army connection) to even Ban ICL broadcast, it shows a clear intent of revenge at best, and as i mentioned a mediavle, stupid, insipid and ignorant approach. I dont care what Digonto promotes, I dont care whatever their political agenda is, I dont care whether they want to use popularity of ICL to sway more audience for their political agenda.

But such an insipid ban is work of weak government.

I am sorry ICL is becoming my heroes now.............
Old November 1, 2008, 02:45 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabber375
Looks like I am the only one who appreciate this ban. C'mon guys, why should Diganta show ICL matches live. None of our private TV channels appeared to be interested to broadcast matches when our national team play. Then why Diganta is so enthusiastic about ICL??
I mean what was the purpose of ICL to introduce a team from Dhaka. Its not like they have great respect about BD cricket. ICL's strategy was to increase the TV rating by attracting some viewers from Dhaka. We all agree that ICL has devastated our cricket already. If Diganta keep showing this fake show(I cant call this cricket), day by day more people will start watching it and will serve the ultimate purpose of ICL(General people are more interested to see fake events and that’s why WWE or HILLS is so popular). As you can imagine it will bring more devastation to BD cricket.

I think you all agree BCB doesn't have the ablity to fight ICL's huge money. So, BCB needs some minimum protection which may be unfair.

I do not agree, and so many of us who dont.

I do not think ICL has devastated our cricket. Rather the ICL ban and the subsequent politics had effect, if there were any whatsoever.

Last edited by mafizraju; November 1, 2008 at 02:58 PM..
Old November 1, 2008, 03:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

তো সমস্যাটা কোথায়? জামাতে ইসলামের চ্যানেলে খেলা দেখাতে দিবে না। ব্যাস ফুরাইলো। এদের তো পুরা চ্যানেলই ব্যান করে দেয়া উচিত।
ঘৃন্য পরাজিত ধর্ম ব্যবসায়ীদের কোন সুযোগ দেয়ার পক্ষপাতি নই।
Old November 1, 2008, 03:15 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
তো সমস্যাটা কোথায়? জামাতে ইসলামের চ্যানেলে খেলা দেখাতে দিবে না। ব্যাস ফুরাইলো। এদের তো পুরা চ্যানেলই ব্যান করে দেয়া উচিত।
ঘৃন্য পরাজিত ধর্ম ব্যবসায়ীদের কোন সুযোগ দেয়ার পক্ষপাতি নই।
Diganta happened to be a JI channel here who have bought the rights to show the matches. I don't think if the name of the channel was Channel i or NTv it would have made any difference to these bunch of hypocrites.

The issue isn't political.
Old November 1, 2008, 03:26 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

BTW. the thread should be moved to the ICL forum.
Old November 2, 2008, 12:20 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

I obviously didn't read the whole thing. So, Diganta is a JI unit? Bd Govt is willing to bad cricket matches but allow these ...... to have their own channel ? I wasn't even aware of this.

I have no problem with the guys playing in ICL. However, it makes sense that JI would pay good money to show matches of a team that some consider to be a rajakar team. Makes complete sense, doesn't it? The fake rajakars get the axe while the real ones are running around with their head held high AND having their own propaganda machine on the air. The shahid's from 1971 must be turning in their graves.
Old November 2, 2008, 12:52 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Its good for India in some way. Watching Digonto would expose BD audience to Deshi advertise. Now they will tune in back to Indigo channels bringing in Nirma and all these ***tty low quality products.
Old November 2, 2008, 04:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

I am so pissed off of losing our your young players to ICL, I have no problem of banning ICL in Bangladesh... (none of West Bengal people can watch Ntv, Channel I, etc because those are kinda banned there!)
Old November 2, 2008, 08:53 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Mafiaism at it's best!!

If Local channels are broadcasting people get exposed to local products, now they will be exposed to more and more Indian products. so it's not saving money at all, just making way for more going out. I think, the Ten sports lobby has done this, so that most of the people watch their channel.
Old November 2, 2008, 09:17 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
I wonder under what legal authority can the government do this? Very much like trade protectionism except in this case the protection does not benefit us but a foreign entity.
I wouldn't want to see Tamim, Shakib, Mash and the young ones coming up the pipeline joining Chittagong "Hilltrackers" or Khulna "spotted deer" in near future. With the success of DW may be they will come up with another team. A 2nd ICL team that is.

It protects our interest too. T20 is no cricket. It spoils the patience needed for test. No wonder we suck in test.

There is no freedom for any body in any where in this world. The word "Freedom" should be taken out of the dictionary.
Old November 2, 2008, 10:28 AM
Cricket Guru

It scares to me see how some people are willing to ignore this attack on media's freedom because they hate a political party, or, even sillier, a cricket league. IMO, this is the kind of mentality that is holding Bangladesh to feudal age.
Old November 2, 2008, 10:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Agree with all ur points here guys but still please no Deganta TV. It was there marketing policy to attract people to there channel by telecasting ICL matches. Good to know that the plan failed.
Old November 2, 2008, 05:23 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Has there been any kind of protest against this decision? I didn't see anything in The Daily Star.
Old November 3, 2008, 05:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

What is next? Alok and Co. get banished from the country?

BC should protest this.
Old November 3, 2008, 05:37 AM
Cricket Legend

To clarify the political issue, this govt did not ban Diganto TV, they banned the broadcasting of the ICL. So, they have nothing against Jamat (should be also evident from their behavior during the past two years); so, please do not try to give it a political color.

We are not going towards the right direction, harder times ahead.
Old November 3, 2008, 08:39 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

It is pure wrong, only in Bangladesh!

I am guessing they are trying to stop the local sponsors from advertising thus funding the warriors, so that they can not afford to take any more Bangladeshi players.
Old November 4, 2008, 03:27 AM
Test Cricketer

one day, the gov will ban all the icl players entering their country.
Old November 4, 2008, 04:38 AM
Test Cricketer

I think the popularity of ICL is growing fast in Dhaka and BCB is really worried abt it. If DW reaches semi or more this time BCB will be in real trouble. I myself was also not interested at the biginning but i must admit i am a regular viewer of DW now. My enthusiasm has greatly enhanced by the behavior of BCB and BCCI.
Old November 4, 2008, 05:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by istiak
I think the popularity of ICL is growing fast in Dhaka and BCB is really worried abt it. If DW reaches semi or more this time BCB will be in real trouble. I myself was also not interested at the biginning but i must admit i am a regular viewer of DW now. My enthusiasm has greatly enhanced by the behavior of BCB and BCCI.
No wonder here. BCB played the cheap shot of questioning patriotism of the DW players only to hide their own mis-management. Many of us jumped in to that view without looking at the background of the problem or what ICC says. Many of us even forgot the past behavior of BCCI that they did not even host us to play in India. This ban by the govt will make many of us think a bit more and at the end of the day, justice prevails! Unfortunately, by the time we all come to sense, these BCB stupid officials will leave, the next management will start delegating all the blames to the past officials.

We must focus on the actual problems and in-time.
Old November 4, 2008, 07:14 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
I wouldn't want to see Tamim, Shakib, Mash and the young ones coming up the pipeline joining Chittagong "Hilltrackers" or Khulna "spotted deer" in near future. With the success of DW may be they will come up with another team. A 2nd ICL team that is.

It protects our interest too. T20 is no cricket. It spoils the patience needed for test. No wonder we suck in test.

There is no freedom for any body in any where in this world. The word "Freedom" should be taken out of the dictionary.
Lohore Badshahs did very good in Last tournament, But ICL didn't go for another team from Pakistan. Pakistan has more players to offer than BD. Even the paki players playing in other ICL teams can make up another one of them. It is strategically not benefitting ICL to have more than one team from same country, rathar they would like to go for a third country. More over ICL can't make a tournament with 'N' number of teams, anything more than 12 teams will make it too lengthy to sustain. So this type of fear is just a little bit ridiculous I guess.

Whatever these guys are doing is still cricket & competitive cricket. Much better than sitting at home and hoping for a place in the national team. Could Playing cricket be more damaging than not playing?

Well they might opt to get better players to make the team stronger, that's it and I don't think taking 1/2 players every year is going to hurt much. It it hurts BCB should lift ban and allow them to play in the national team. Who stops them?
Old November 4, 2008, 09:24 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Common Sense. That's what stops BCB from doing the right thing in many of its decision making. Think about it, if they weren't in such a hurry to ban these players, things wouldn't have come to this. People who are questioning the 'patriotism' of these players would have been supporting them all the way. DW is doing more to promote BD cricket (among 20/20 viewers) than BCB ever did. The players are being ambassadors of BD cricket to the world. Calling them Gaddar/rajakar/unpatriotic at this stage would mean having your priorities in a twist.

As a BD cricket fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Well they might opt to get better players to make the team stronger, that's it and I don't think taking 1/2 players every year is going to hurt much. It it hurts BCB should lift ban and allow them to play in the national team. Who stops them?