facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 20, 2014, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehsin
He is not ready yet. Bring back Momin.
Shabbir was never prepared to play in this T20WC and suddenly he starts playing ...

It shows how our selectors lacks cricketing knowledge and thus vision...

Old March 20, 2014, 09:50 PM
Cricket Legend

fficeffice" />
I won’t definitely drop Shabbir Rahman as the entire team collapse like a planned building detonation. My previous posts about him were very positive and I am sticking with that. The reasons behind this are:-
a) Batting failed collectively (We all know that it’s not an uncommon trend for us and we will do this again after some good games, don’t we?)
b) Shabbir played only 3-4 games
c) He did not throw his wicket. This is more like he has beaten by swing and pace. Probably, his issues are around new moving ball and top order batting.
d) He looks calm under pressure (i.e. 19th over bowling)
e) He can ball with variations and leg spin ( If Mushi counts him)
f) We should not reject a talented new comer without helping him to grow.
At this stage, work around would be bring Mominul at number 3 and drop Shabbir at number 6 or 7.
Old March 20, 2014, 09:55 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana Melb
fficeffice" />
I won’t definitely drop Shabbir Rahman as the entire team collapse like a planned building detonation. My previous posts about him were very positive and I am sticking with that. The reasons behind this are:-
a) Batting failed collectively (We all know that it’s not an uncommon trend for us and we will do this again after some good games, don’t we?)
c) He did not throw his wicket. This is more like he has beaten by swing and pace. Probably, his issues are around new moving ball and top order batting.
At this stage, work around would be bring Mominul at number 3 and drop Shabbir at number 6 or 7.
Yeah dropping him down the order might be the trick, though I'd seriously think about shamsur instead of mominul, whoever is in the best form I say.
Old March 21, 2014, 01:14 PM
Cricket Sage

I don't believe in bring and drop theory. I my opinion, he is still work in progress and we need to stick few a little bit longer before comming to conclusion that he is a failure.

I think he can be a very good option for our team. He fields well, he has the potential to be a decent batsman and then he can also become a decent spinner. For a young player, to come to the national team, he must be a good fielder, and he is a decent fielder. When selecting a player for the national team for limited over game, we need to give more importance in fielding. The days of Rafiq-Razzak type fielding should be a no-no in today's cricket.
Old March 22, 2014, 11:59 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Other than his drop catch, he's an aggressive fielder. Has good aim, and can run. Also, he's not injured or anything of that sort. Good days ahead for this young lad.
Old March 23, 2014, 12:36 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

His batting looks more suited to ODI than T20 tbh. He takes lots of time to get his eyes in. Good prospect nonetheless.
Old March 23, 2014, 01:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

I think he needs one good knock to settle down a bit. He can hit the ball longgg way, he hit the biggest six I have seen hit by a Bangladeshi batsman when he hit one for 92 meters. That was a spinner, imagine if the ball was coming onto the bat, it would have gone atleast a 100. Also, he is a tremendous fielder, he is saving easily 10-15 runs in that crucial backward point position, he did let off a sitter but that happens and he did make up a few balls later with a running catch. If I was the captain, I would put him in crucial positions, as Nasir to save the singles etc. His fielding is super impressive. And he is a handy bowler who spins the ball for once, I am tired of bowlers who can't spin the ball but call themselves spinners. This guy is none of that, he spins the ball. Still a long way to go and imagine the pressure on him to perform on a world stage, but he still looks cool and kind of settled into the team with ease and never for once looked nervous. So, counting the attitude which is very important I think we are looking at a very fine prospect here, again one of the players I supported for soooo longgg... Thank god we have him in the team!
Old March 23, 2014, 03:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Yeah dropping him down the order might be the trick, though I'd seriously think about shamsur instead of mominul, whoever is in the best form I say.
Quote:
fficeffice" />
At this stage, work around would be bring Mominul at number 3 and drop Shabbir at number 6 or 7." target="_blank">

Bit frustrated as some supports want to get rid of Shabbir. I am challenging their understanding of cricket. You cannot drop someone for one flop match whereas the entire team failed. He is talented, calm and powerful. I strongly believe he will blossom with time.
Old March 23, 2014, 03:17 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Bit frustrated as some supports want to get rid of Shabbir. I am challenging their understanding of cricket. You cannot drop someone for one flop match whereas the entire team failed. He is talented, calm and powerful. I strongly believe he will blossom with time.
well we all have a different perspective....there are plenty of talented players in BD and we all have our individual opinions on the players and the ones we tend to support more than others. i said the same of shuvagata for a long time, many did't agree with me but that's how it is. shabbir has been on the radar for a number of years, ever since his u19 days.
Old March 23, 2014, 08:57 AM
Cricket Legend

[QUOTE=Rana Melb;1770504]
Quote:
This bloke has impressed me today with his variation of bowling and electric fielding. I can tell you he earned enough confidence in the team that’s why he padded early and probably would go in No 3. However, since we needed to finish the game carefully, experience Shakib walked in. He also played in No 3 at one of the practice matches. Overall, Shabbir’s big hitting ability and spot on fielding warranted his inclusion in the T20 team. Also, don’t forget how he played in the under 19, Asian games and domestic arena. This is good for us a player like him who can ball both leg and off break. With the help of a good bowling coach, I strongly believe he will become an asset for us.fficeffice" />
PS: To be honest, I would like to see both Hulk and Shabbir in the T20team." target="_blank"> ************************************************** **************************************************
As I addressed earlier Shabbir’s big hitting ability, which is shown in the Nepal match. He is capable of hitting Monster 6s (90 -100+ meter). He generated so much power that he can clear any boundaries by miles unlike our other batsmen. This is why Shabbir is so special in T20 and lower order in ODI.

Only issue with him he needs some time to settle. I am not sure but like to see (next big matches) whether he can frequently hit the ball for 6s and 4s.

In my book, currently our lower order big hitting sensations are :-

1. Shabbir
2. Zia ‘Banglar Hulk’
3. Mukhter Ali
Today Faruk mentioned 3 potential player who likely to be in the pipeline for inclusion...

a. Zia ‘Banglar Hulk’
b. Mukhter Ali and
c.Taskin

Atlast, they are start thinking
Old March 23, 2014, 09:01 AM
Cricket Guru

muktar ali is also a good t20 prospect so good that they are thinking of him.
Old March 24, 2014, 05:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Shabbir is probably being dropped from today's match This is not a good idea.
Old March 24, 2014, 06:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Should drop razzak first, I'd rather see 4 overs from sabbir.
Old March 24, 2014, 06:53 PM
Cricket Sage

That's how Rahim and co. are just killing the new players: Selectors bring a new player, Rahim bring him in the team, but doesn't use him properly, publicly humiliate them and then without giving enough chance drop them for nothing (keeping his non performing buddies).

This is how Rahim just killing the new breeds so that his buddies can rule the team peacefully without any threat.

As long he is the captain, no point bringing new players. they will be systematically eliminated.
Old March 24, 2014, 08:19 PM
Test Cricketer

Really hope Sabbir doesn't get dropped.
Old March 24, 2014, 09:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
That's how Rahim and co. are just killing the new players: Selectors bring a new player, Rahim bring him in the team, but doesn't use him properly, publicly humiliate them and then without giving enough chance drop them for nothing (keeping his non performing buddies).

This is how Rahim just killing the new breeds so that his buddies can rule the team peacefully without any threat.

As long he is the captain, no point bringing new players. they will be systematically eliminated.

Can't agree more

Mushi is a dedicated player but not a captain material. His best role is Vice Captain.
Old March 24, 2014, 09:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

I am not really sure whether Sabbir will be dropped or not, but if management wants to bring in Mominul I have no reason to complain. At the no. 3 position I would take mominul any day and to add his SLA might be useful against WI hacks.

TBH, Sabbir had plenty of chances with the bat but did not really look comfortable at all.
Old March 24, 2014, 09:54 PM
Cricket Guru

personally i'd take shamsur over mominul in t20s, unless you need some extra bowling in which case you'd have to take mominul as shamsur doesn't bowl.
Old March 24, 2014, 10:04 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

According to our Thinktank playing at no 3 is a piece of cake. While other players put their best players at the top against the new ball, we put debutantes and newbies (while senior guys like Ryad hide in the tail)
Old March 25, 2014, 12:51 AM
First Class Cricketer

UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DON'T STOP PLAYING SABBIR THIS SOOOON

হেই বেডা খারাপ টা কি করছে ?
হেরে তো বল করার সুযোগই দিলো না ঠিক মতো
আর ব্যটিং করার সুযোগটাই বা পাইলো হে কই ???!!!!

আজিব কান্ড কারখানা ....
Old March 25, 2014, 01:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Idiot selectors and captain.. Persist with a arrogant out of form player nasir and drop a hungry newcomer whos looking to secure his spot.
Old March 25, 2014, 01:49 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD_TigerZ
Idiot selectors and captain.. Persist with a arrogant out of form player nasir and drop a hungry newcomer whos looking to secure his spot.
Sabbir could have an excellent ODI guy. LET HIM GET SOME INTERNATIONAL EXPOSURE FOR THE WORLD CUP!!!
Old March 25, 2014, 02:18 AM
Cricket Legend

I don't think Shabbir would get any chance after this T20. Sobi sukho politics..
Old March 25, 2014, 02:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by naim519
Sabbir could have an excellent ODI guy. LET HIM GET SOME INTERNATIONAL EXPOSURE FOR THE WORLD CUP!!!
if he's a ODI guy then let him get exposure in ODIs, only keep in the t20 side if he's t20 material.
Old March 25, 2014, 03:02 AM
Cricket Guru

i believe he should be stuck with in t20s, he's a very useful bowler and i think he's going to settle with the bat very soon and although he hasn't done amazing with the bat the 3 times he's reached 20, 2 of the times he struck at 100+ the other was much slower at 72 but that was his very first international innings and the team was in trouble so he seems to be batting better now and i believe will continue to get better if given more chances.

in saying that competition is quite good with the bat atm, shamsur and mominul are on the sidelines and despite nasir being in a major slump he has been very reliable in the past so it's still tough to drop him.

but i reckon we have room for sabbir in the t20 side.