facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 31, 2016, 11:40 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall
Lightbulb **The Official Saif Hassan Thread**

Current Age: 17 years 93 days

At only 17, what do you guys think? I think sometimes nerves get to players.

But then again, if you are playing in a limited overs game, it is essential that you rotate the strike..

Being involved in a 100+ partnership with current record holder,Shanto, should have instilled a hint of confidence into run scoring at a healthier rate...so in the future if he plays another game in this competition, we might see something special from him.

Listen to your critics, they have analyzed you from head to toe..all your deficiencies are under the microscope..persevere, make this your vehicle towards being a better player.

All the best young tiger....I know right now that you are in a bad spot in some fans minds...but nevertheless, raise your head up high for you are wearing the colors of your country.

All the best on future endeavors....

Go tigersssss

Last edited by aklemalp; February 1, 2016 at 04:38 PM.. Reason: Added an ICON to the thread.
Old January 31, 2016, 11:44 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Interesting fact about him:

He was Raised up in Saudi Arabia until the age of 11/12
Old January 31, 2016, 11:49 AM
Cricket Savant

^^wow that is interesting
Old January 31, 2016, 12:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Anyone seen his technique? Could give us an insight to why his sr is so atrocious and his inability to rotate strike
Old January 31, 2016, 12:10 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Anyone seen his technique? Could give us an insight to why his sr is so atrocious and his inability to rotate strike
From what I could see in the first game, he plays a lot of forward defensive strokes...he doesn't panic that much...only.when the pressure accumulated gets to his head and he decides to play unconventional shots..the dismissal in the first match is example of that
Old January 31, 2016, 12:14 PM
Cricket Savant

He is Mudasssar Nazar 2.0

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old January 31, 2016, 01:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

I know his SR is driving people nuts but I wouldn't write him off. Remember he's got a pretty good FC average for a 17 year old kid and also his average in U19s is decent. He seems to have a decent technique but his temperament needs a lot of work. Definitely a player that should be groomed for the longer version
Old January 31, 2016, 05:34 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I know his SR is driving people nuts but I wouldn't write him off. Remember he's got a pretty good FC average for a 17 year old kid and also his average in U19s is decent. He seems to have a decent technique but his temperament needs a lot of work. Definitely a player that should be groomed for the longer version
wow man..are you still alive?? good to see you back. don't disappear again.
Old February 1, 2016, 11:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
wow man..are you still alive?? good to see you back. don't disappear again.
Thanks Mufi bhai. I'm very busy nowadays but ill try my best to post here as much as I can
Old January 31, 2016, 02:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

‘সবচেয়ে পাওয়ারফুল স্ট্রোক আছে সাইফের’

অনূর্ধ্ব-১৯ বিশ্বকাপে বাংলাদেশের টানা দুই জয়েও খানিকটা অস্বস্তি আছে সাইফ হাসানের মন্থর ব্যাটিং নিয়ে। তবে এই ওপেনার পাশে পাচ্ছেন মেহেদি হাসান মিরাজকে। দলের চাওয়াতেই এমন খেলছেন সাইফ, দাবি অধিনায়কের।
Full Story: http://bangla.bdnews24.com/cricket/a...1097881.bdnews
Old January 31, 2016, 02:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Sunil Gavaskar folks
Old January 31, 2016, 03:16 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Shakib

At this age, it should not be an issue. He can always improve on it as time passes.

On a second thought, his 'patient' batting can be a good fit for our test team years down the line?
Old February 1, 2016, 10:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

I think the teams game plan is to have him see off the new ball. I wish he would rotate the strike more but I am happy that he is doing his job of seeing the new ball off. I think the captain said the other day that he is doing that because the team asked him to do so. So people let the team play as they want you can't change a player in the middle of the tournament so why criticize and increase pressure on him?
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old February 1, 2016, 10:44 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Aishob see off the new ball, preserving wickets aigula shob 90s er cricket philosophy. This is one day cricket we are talking about! Akhon opener ra crease e jai and they take on the hard new ball and set the tone for the innings utilizing the powerplay. We are not playing in England or South Africa. These are flat dead pitches of Bangladesh and bowlers were from Scotland. 100 ball 49, 20 odd balls to get 5 runs these are not signs of a promising cricketer. In a 300 ball contest u cannot consume 100 balls and then get out without covering up the dot balls. India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan would love to see this kind of stagnating innings from our team. In the end we had wickets in hand but we ran out of overs because of him
Old February 1, 2016, 10:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Well a grafter like Saif Hassan is important in tests, but absolutely needless in modern cricket.

Do you know which is the most unsuccessful LOI team off late amongst the top sides despite playing full strength? Yes no big deal, the answer is Pakistan. And they open with two batsman -Azhar Ali and Shehzad both who struggle to rotate the strike and usually plays a lot of dot balls. Hence, Pakistan are always struggling to score much even on flat wickets. Look at BD, India, SL, Aus, Eng all the current ODI sides have aggressive batsman opening. Forget opening the batting, no teams usually field a batsman like Misbah, Chanderpaul, Dravid anymore.

Playing at a SR of 45-50 will not win you matches unless there is a collapse even then you need to be able to get moving otherwise you will result in the further pressure down the order. Today NZ was 45-4 chasing 216 against Ireland, regardless of the opposition, they did really well to chase down that 216 with plenty of overs to spare.

I am sure Hassan is talented and has a lot of shots in the book. I am fine with him playing a slow innings, But, he needs to play it smart, find the gaps when needed, run hard.
Old February 1, 2016, 11:03 AM
Cricket Savant

^^ off topic : you mentioned Chanderpaul in above post.

Google or youtube Chanderpaul's 150 against south Africa odi....he opened the batting with the big bad Gayle...one of the best Chanderpaul knock I've seen...
Old February 4, 2016, 09:57 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Saif Hassan, the patient run monger

Mohammad Isam

Two years ago, Saif Hassan was worried about the future of Bangladesh playing in Test cricket. The Big Three proposal had just come out and one of the stipulations was to make teams ranked Nos. 9 and 10 play in the Intercontinental Cup from 2015, which would have left Bangladesh, ranked No. 10 at the time, with very little room to play any more Tests against the top eight countries.

"Will Test cricket be safe bhai?" Saif had asked me on Facebook a few hours after Mushfiqur Rahim, Bangladesh's Test captain, had blasted the proposal.

"Yeah, don't worry," I replied quickly, still filing that Mushfiqur report.

"Thank you for the info. I was quite fearful since the morning," he wrote back.

Saif was fearful of Test cricket going away from Bangladesh. His inquiry was remarkable given he was only 16 at the time and had been raised on a diet of one-day matches in age-group competitions and the Dhaka League system. None of his peers had asked about it.

Read More
Old February 4, 2016, 10:11 AM
Cricket Sage

What is he doing in ODI?
Old February 4, 2016, 01:42 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
What is he doing in ODI?
He was given the role of batting through the inning, taking up as much time as possible. The article clearly states that the coach, Miraz, and Shanto, all were comfortable with him playing that way...
Old February 4, 2016, 02:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
He was given the role of batting through the inning, taking up as much time as possible. The article clearly states that the coach, Miraz, and Shanto, all were comfortable with him playing that way...
They may (coach, Miraz, and Shanto), but I am not. Even in TEST standard he was way too slow. It was to the point when I was hoping that he gets out.

If he plays like that again, I will pray again that he gets out quickly before making much damage to the innings.
Old February 4, 2016, 02:13 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
They may (coach, Miraz, and Shanto), but I am not. Even in TEST standard he was way too slow. It was to the point when I was hoping that he gets out.

If he plays like that again, I will pray again that he gets out quickly before making much damage to the innings.
I understand where your're coming from...I had the same POV when I saw him bat in the previous games...It is something that is unorthodox. He bats without understanding the match situation...blocking out maidens create pressure for him and his partner.

I agree with you on that.
Old February 4, 2016, 05:58 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib al Hasan

Quote:

Me too. Some times I even think, it is much better for the team if he gets out within first 5 overs.
Old February 4, 2016, 02:36 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

No disrespect to his playing style but agree with Fazal bhai here. You can't go with <50 SR in ODi's, especially when your a opener.
Old February 4, 2016, 02:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Team management has no clue whatsoever about game situation. Every batsman in the side is there to score runs. So he will block and others will play their strokes? This is nonsense.

If he just plays through then he will score 100 from 180 balls and we will score 225 with 3 wickets down. What's the use.

And not every batsman are supposed to play from the word go and make up for him. And there is also a point about batsman being set.

If you are set you cannot stick around scoring at 50sr especially with wickets at hand. This is the kind of garbage thinking makes us such a poor side in U-19 level. We have amassed plenty of plate finals and hardly qualified to the next level.

I am sure that the fans who are agitated aren't agitated because he is boring to watch but because he is not effective.

Name one batsman in this day and age is in the team to bag at a SR of 60-70? And there we have an opener batting at 45-50! Are you kidding me?

We scored 256 only against Scotland on a good batting wicket where Saif scored 49 from 108 balls and rest scored 207 from 192 deliveries. Speaks volumes.

Even in the first match. He scored 6 from 31. How does that help the team? Well, it doesn't.
Old February 4, 2016, 03:59 PM
Cricket Savant

He should be groomed for the longer format. If he's a high concentration kinda guy who wants to occupy the crease for as long as possible...that format is the perfect stage to show your blocking prowess