facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old June 29, 2008, 02:25 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Adam Gilchrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi
Where is our Kapali my bro???
My mistake, he's there batting at #5. Can't beleive I overlooked him.

Old June 29, 2008, 03:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

i would be happy if mehrab jr have a chance in the opening slot who can carry on if settled.Najim was introduced very early in ODi, another misjudgement from the selectors and nafis if cant fix his weekness, cant be in ODI against big guns.
Old June 29, 2008, 04:09 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

this might be a joke... but can we try mehrab jr, for Nazimuddin and Mosharof Hossain for Reza? i mean, these two havebeen sitting ducks. since we already know that we can't qualify for final anyways, can we give those two some experience at least?

aside from missed catches i am not too dissapointed with Reza, after all, he cosistently takes wickets too. which should help in future when we have the best bowling combo.

when we inshallah have Shakib and Rasel back, Reza can just bowl part time with Riyad and kapali.

keep it up, Kalpurush bhai, top class stuff from you as usual
Old June 29, 2008, 04:15 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taklima_naj
i would be happy if mehrab jr have a chance in the opening slot who can carry on if settled.Najim was introduced very early in ODi, another misjudgement from the selectors and nafis if cant fix his weekness, cant be in ODI against big guns.
Mehrab Hossain Jr might actually have to score runs for Dhaka or Bangladesh A before he's given another shot, and rightfully so.

Shahriar Nafees is obviously a very talented batsman, but as you say he needs to sort out his weaknesses so he can score runs against the bigger ODI nations. Only has two half-centuries against Test playing nations in ODI cricket (Australia and Sri Lanka) while the other eight, and four centuries, have come against minnows. I very much think he has the ability to change this though, and hopefully he starts performing for Bangladesh.
Old June 29, 2008, 04:21 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifat
this might be a joke... but can we try mehrab jr, for Nazimuddin and Mosharof Hossain for Reza? i mean, these two havebeen sitting ducks. since we already know that we can't qualify for final anyways, can we give those two some experience at least?
I would definitely like to see more of Mosharraf Hossain at ODI level, he may well turn out to be a very good bowler who can keep the runs down. Nazimuddin and Mehrab Hossain Jr are both fairly rubbish, not in the same class as Shahriar Nafees - one batsman who desperately needs to regain his confidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifat
aside from missed catches i am not too dissapointed with Reza, after all, he cosistently takes wickets too. which should help in future when we have the best bowling combo.
I personally can't see Farhad Reza being part of the best XI when Saqibul and Rasel get back from exams/injury. The all-rounder spot will be taken by Alok Kapali and Reza would be fighting with Mahmudullah.
Old June 29, 2008, 04:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Obayed bhai, nice thread. Best of luck to the thread opener and the team.

Can you change the pic of Jayawardane? He is not such a nice person as in the pic. Please put a picture which shows the real arrogant silly Jayawardane.
Old June 29, 2008, 05:33 AM
Cricket Sage

good news for us is that The pakis will probably tire the lankans out today, so tommorrow i am hoping we play really well and win.
Old June 29, 2008, 05:38 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Mash and Tamim

If all of our players give 100% then we shall win InshaAllah. Mahela's team are much more dangerous than Pakistan batting-wise but when they play bad they really do play bad. Let's take advantages of mistakes instead of dwelling on our own.
Old June 29, 2008, 05:41 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perm
I would definitely like to see more of Mosharraf Hossain at ODI level, he may well turn out to be a very good bowler who can keep the runs down. Nazimuddin and Mehrab Hossain Jr are both fairly rubbish, not in the same class as Shahriar Nafees - one batsman who desperately needs to regain his confidence.
Couldn't have better said it myself.
Old June 29, 2008, 08:26 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful, Tamim & Junaid
Default Great Thread – One Suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Asia Cup 2008
Bangladesh vs. Sri Lanka
9th Mach

Date & Time:
June 30, 2008 (16:00 Local Time.10:00 GMT Time)
Venue: Karachi
Current GMT Time:

Bangladesh XI (from):
Mohammad Ashraful (c), Mashrafe Mortaza (vc), Abdur Razzak, Farhad Reza, Mahmudullah, Raqibul Hasan, Shahriar Nafees, Tamim Iqbal, Mushfiqur Rahim, Nazimuddin, Shahadat Hossain,Alok Kapali, Dolar Mahmud, Mehrab Hossain Jnr,Mosharraf Hossain

Sri Lanka XI (from):
Mahela Jayawardene (c), Dilhara Fernando, Chamara Kapugedera, Jehan Mubarak, Kumar Sangakkara (wk), Mahela Udawatte, Kaushalya Weeraratne, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Sanath Jayasuriya, Nuwan Kulasekara, Thilan Thushara, Muttiah Muralitharan, Chamara Silva, Chaminda Vaas, Farveez Maharoof

Cricinfo:
Series Home Latest News

Live Coverage:
Tigercricket

BanglaCricket Tour Coverage:
Latest Bulletins | Latest News

Live Chat:
BanglaCricket Chat Room (irc://irc.cricket.org:6667/banglacricket)

GREAT THREAD – ONE SUGGESTION

Hello Kalpurush Bhaiyya,

Congratulations to you for this wonderful thread that you have opened for BD Cricket team Vs Sri Lanka Asia Cup match scheduled for tomorrow June 30 2008.

Designwise ,Contentwise it is second to none. Full Marks to you!

I have just one suggestion on this thread that of the picture of Ashraful.

It appears to me (no offence to you) that in the picture Ashraful looks jaded, pensive and giving the impression that he is short of confidence.

On the other hand Mahela’s picture has his character personified. A very appropriate picture typical of Mahela Jayewardene.

I have a picture of Ash from a CNN link that shows him fresh, smiling and all confidence.

Here’s the link:

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/SPORT/09...y20/index.html

The only problem of Ash photograph in this CNN link is his Jersey as this was the one BD cricket team wore during the World 20 02 0 .This picture was taken after his match winning knock against West Indies.

Having said the picture of Mahlea Mahela Jayawardene on this thread does not show him in his national jersey. So from that perspective it should b okay.

A fresh confident looking Ash photo will do full justice alongside a confident and fresh looking Mahela Jayawardene as this will have both of them in same phase off course photowise .

Hope this helps.

Allah Hafez.

Cheers!

Whatever THE MIND OF MAN can CONCEIVE and BELIEVE it can ACHIEVE – Napolean Hill

Every ADVERSITY, every FAILURE and every HEARTACHE carries with it the SEED of an equivalent or a greater BENEFIT - Napolean Hill
Old June 29, 2008, 09:15 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Bismillah.

The quality of our bowling and Obhi's HaBa-esque field placements remain worrisome.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 29, 2008, 09:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: MASHRAFE MORTAZA

great thread.. fantastic job!!

good luck tigerzz.. lets start from where we left off yesterday.. lets play the way we did yesteday.. only tomorrow.. lets take those catches alongside the good batting and good bowling..
Old June 29, 2008, 09:23 AM
Cricket Sage

my "faltu" prediction:

fans superb expectation soars high after a great performance but team falls ONCE AGAIN!!!

Quote:
as per expected, Bangladesh's inconsistent performance continues... Sri Lanka won the toss and posted a mammoth 378/5. Chamara Silva top scored with 156* off 98 deliveries.

Bangladesh on reply... best not to comment!
Old June 29, 2008, 10:02 AM
Banned

Default CBN Broadcasting Live : Bangladesh VS Sri Lanka match

GOOD NEWS FOR CANADIAN ONTARIO BASED BC FORUM READERS
ATN through CBN Broadcasting Live : Bangladesh VS Sri Lanka match – June 30 2008

ATN through CBN will broadcast the match tomorrow June 30, 2008 live starting 6:00 am eastern standard time.

There is also good news for those who miss watching live - It will be rebroadcast the same day starting at 7 : 00 p.m.

In order to use CBN one must have ATN.

Those who do not have CBN can have it for $4.99 per month.

All you have to do is call Rogers at : 1 888 764 3771 and ask them to add CBN.

As Canadian Ontario based readers of BC may be residing in different cities of Ontario check with Rogers for the channel number corresponding to CBN at their location.

The CBN channel number is 640 at Markham,Ontario.

We are al looking forward with great zeal and interest to the forthcoming match .

Our wholehearted prayers for Bangladesh Cricket Team.

Allah Hafez.

Cheers!

Every ADVERSITY, every FAILURE and every HEARTACHE carries with it the SEED of an equivalent or a greater BENEFIT - Napolean Hil
Old June 29, 2008, 01:11 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mushi, Mash

According to Ittefaq, there will be one change in the XI against SL. Nafees will replace Nazimuddin.
http://www.ittefaq.com/content/2008/06/30/news0352.htm
Old June 29, 2008, 01:22 PM
Banned

Cool thread!!!!!!!!

COME ON BANGLADESH!!!!

Insha-Allah we will win!!!!!!!!!
Old June 29, 2008, 01:32 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

select your Sl team XI.

guys we have selected BD Xi several times. now its time to select SL XI. here is my XI

i dont want sangakara, jaysuriya, vaas and murali---they are getting old, they should retire and new faces should replace them.LOL. so my team is

mahela udawatte
chamara kapugedera
mahela jaywhardhane
c silva
jehan mubarak
t dilshan
kulasekara
dilhara fernando
a medis
weeratne
thilan tushara

what do u guys think?

vaas is the real destroyer for BD ---always takes wkt in first ball /first over
murali: destroyer in test
sangakara: cant even think, a fear ful name
jaysuriya: Old is gold, so is matara hurricane

rest, i think we can handle
Old June 29, 2008, 01:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perm
Would like to see the following side played against Sri Lanka.

Tamim Iqbal
Shahriar Nafees
Mohammad Ashraful (c)
Raqibul Hasan
Alok Kapali
Mushfiqur Rahim (wk)
Mahmudullah
Mashrafe Mortaza
Abdur Razzak
Mosharraf Hossain
Shahadat Hossain

The Sri Lankans might be traditionally good players of spin but in the past they have struggled against Daniel Vettori, Jeetan Patel, Graeme Swann etc. The key will be keeping Jayasuriya and Sangakarra in check early on, as the rest of their batting is quite weak. It will be up to Shahadat and Mashrafe to take wickets and allow Razzak, Mosharraf, Kapali and Mahmudullah to keep the run rate down. Ashraful may have to chip in with a few overs if his bowlers are proving too expensive. Pretty balanced team though.
thats anew thought. hmmm; mosharraf: have to think twice, dont we have enough spinners in the current team
instead why dont u add mehrab jr in the opening slot instead of SN
so farhad can retain his spot. after 3 pacer: mash-shahadat-farhad, our spinner can show their valky: razzaq-alok-mahmudullah-mehrab jr and ash(if it requires). what do u think?
Old June 29, 2008, 01:53 PM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

According to tigercricket.com (via daily star) Bangladesh will field the same XI that played against India in the last match.

Tigercricket.com, Karachi
Old June 29, 2008, 02:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Aeitasi Eibar Kaya felamu....Aloukik, Tamim, Ash, Raqib hold on to your diapers
Old June 29, 2008, 02:54 PM
Banned

so far this is the best tournament for Bd players, all matches 200 plus runs,
2 century: kapali, ashraful
half century: tamim, rakibul
milestone 1000 run: tamim, kapali
100 wkt: razzaq

Bd is so in consistent ,so my prediction is next 2 matches will be worst and Bd will score less than 200 in next matches and tamim , alok, rakibul will be failed,
i hope i am wrong......... i am just saying this, so u will be mentally prepared and dont be too upset and admit our lack of ability.

again, i hope i am wrong
Old June 29, 2008, 03:18 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Who ever performs better
Default kool!

bro i hate to say this but Im thinking the same...someone else mentioned about Vaas, Sanga, JoySuaria love our bowling/batsmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
so far this is the best tournament for Bd players, all matches 200 plus runs,
2 century: kapali, ashraful
half century: tamim, rakibul
milestone 1000 run: tamim, kapali
100 wkt: razzaq

Bd is so in consistent ,so my prediction is next 2 matches will be worst and Bd will score less than 200 in next matches and tamim , alok, rakibul will be failed,
i hope i am wrong......... i am just saying this, so u will be mentally prepared and dont be too upset and admit our lack of ability.

again, i hope i am wrong
Old June 29, 2008, 03:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi
According to tigercricket.com (via daily star) Bangladesh will field the same XI that played against India in the last match.

Tigercricket.com, Karachi
So Nazim gets another chance! From Siddons' facial expression after the fall of his wicket in the last match, I thought Siddons would kill Nazim.

I think it's a good move that Siddons is giving Nazim a long enough trial instead of reverting back to Shahriar.
Old June 29, 2008, 04:02 PM
Banned

Default Sri Lanka Vs Bangladesh Match - Expectations

SRI LANKA VS BANGLADESH MATCH - EXPECTATIONS.

The opening partner of Tamim continues to frustrate everyone as both Nafees and Nazimuddin failed to deliver the goods.

For now we do not have too many options.

Most likely the Coach and Ash would go for Nafees and not Mehrab Jr.as the latter has not played any match and is short of match experience for the Asia Cup although Mehrab Jr. would have been an ideal choice.

So the final playing eleven most likely would be :

Tamim
Nafees
Ashraful
Rakibul
Mushfiq
Alok
Mahadullah
Farahad
Mashrafe
Razzaq
Shahadat

Our Batting has made steady progress. We have rediscovered Alok in dual role' Grafter and Master Blaster '.

His first fifty came in 65 balls and second one in 21 balls. So a century in 86 balls with 10 sweetly timed boundaries and 5 huge sixes.

Tamim also made a fluent 50. Others have done their part - bits and pieces ie okay when you have 2 key performers .

Bowling and fielding has always been our headache . In a matter of 2 days we don’t expect miracles or drastic changes.

So our only hope is praying for Ash to win the toss and bat first .

It will be much more difficult to score against the Sri Lankans especially the spinners: Murali and New star Baw Mendis who had just demolished Pakistan today with his spinning magics returning figures of 10 overs no maiden 47 runs 4 wickets.

In the pace department barring Vaas nobody is threatening so our batsman should be comfortably able to negotiate Sri lankan pace attack.

For tomorrow’s match anything 250 and above against Sri lanka would be a bonus for us.

We want our team to put up a great fight . Show improved bowling and fielding performance.

We have seen our bowling has been ineffective . Even if the catches of Gautam Gambhir and Suresh Raina was held India has a long list of Master blaster batsmen who are capable to finish the game in style.

We do not have the bowling firepower to unsettle opposition batting lineup to create pressure.

Our bowlers haven’t mastered swing bowling nor do they have depth in variation.

Nobody is able to clock 140 kmh . So opposition batsmen have no problem negotiating them with ease and piling up a huge total. The absence of a Specialist Bowling Coach was greatly felt.

Fielding – Catchingwise it has been very sloppy. If you let off the their key batsmen how can you expect better results.

If we are to see a turn around of our Cricket winnigwise we got to have a Specialist Bowling and Fielding Coach for the Senior Team ASAP.

Gazi Ashraf Hussain Lipu one of the top bosses of BCB watched the match against India and was also one of the Guests who gave away the Prizes in the Match Presentation .He has seen it all and he too must have felt the ineptness of our bowling and fielding.

One hopes he will arrange for Specialist Bowling and Fielding Coaches for the Senior Team ASAP so that all the hard work of our batsmen does not go in vain.

We will all pray wholeheartedly for BD team to put up a good fight against Sri Lanka tomorrow .

Allah Hafez.

Cheers!

Whatever THE MIND OF MAN can CONCEIVE and BELIEVE it can ACHIEVE – Napolean Hill

Every ADVERSITY, every FAILURE and every HEARTACHE carries with it the SEED of an equivalent or a greater BENEFIT - Napolean Hill
Old June 29, 2008, 04:07 PM
Banned

seems like nazim is getting another chance, hope he takes advantage of his last chance. here is the source:

http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news...TA1OTE2&mid=MQ==