facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old November 8, 2008, 01:54 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
Probably you haven't seen the match.

Bangladeshi bowlers bowled extremely we in this match. You have to consider the condition and the pitch. It's a very good pitch to bat on.

Bangladesh was well in the match until Ash got out. Even after that Bangladesh had the chances very high but Roqibul's out just shattered the chance.

But Mash frustrated me the most with bat. The way he was batting as if the match was all over. But that was not the case. Naeem needed a supporter at the other end with him. Mash could do that even Raz could have done that too. At the death of the innings couple of shots by Naeem proves how good the pitch was to bat on.
This is the very famous old habit (concede the defeat before the ending) of our cricket...Our tail enders now a days continuously perform disappointing batting show...we need to improve this area definitely...in current ODI, captain definitely expect 50-70 runs from last 4 batsman.

Old November 8, 2008, 02:10 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

bringing Shahadat bak would do no wonder. He would be smacked around the park by Kallis and ABD. Imrul didnt look that bad. That shot he got out was good but he just didnt time it right. Lets see what he does next match.
Old November 8, 2008, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovik
we have successfully managed to loose another match. Bravo
কঠিন কাজ, সন্দেহ নাই...!!!
Old November 8, 2008, 09:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TI/Dwayne Bravo/Afridi

i know nobody is willing to blame ashraful for this loss, it's 100% understandable, that ball from steyn was a beauty. but i still think it's kinda he's fault . the fact is and will remain for god knows how long, that he's the only player in bd who can make a difference and win matches. and he should know that! he should've takin that 3rd power play while he was at crease, during that brilliant partnership with shakib. and take full advantage of those five overs in bringing down the RRR. so that when the other batmen came to crease they would've had no pressure whats so ever in getting the rest of the runs.
but what a knock from ash

Mrs Mahmudullah Riyad
Old November 8, 2008, 09:32 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shobha
i and he should know that! he should've takin that 3rd power play while he was at crease, during that brilliant partnership with shakib. and take full advantage of those five overs in bringing down the RRR. so that when the other batmen came to crease they would've had no pressure whats so ever in getting the rest of the runs.
but what a knock from ash
Well said, he did the same mistake against NZ, then Rasel and Shahadat had to play final PP.
Old November 8, 2008, 10:57 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
None looked stupid, other than crazy Mashrafee batting,.. thats the good part. And seeing Imrul, I dont know what to make of him,, is he really national team ready? I mean if he is,, then what wrong did Riad do? he scores decent runs and gets wickets..Imrul has no foot movement whatsoever and was looking nervous and upset from the begining..On a wicket like this,, I am surprised that Shahadat didnt bowl or we didnt ahve 3 pacers. What was that all about..

Naem is impressing with his bat and bowl. I like his confidence in batting,, I think he will be a good asset to the national team. All in all,, not an exciting or special performance but not a performance that makes you feel bad and low either.
Some of you guys are talking about bringing Shahadat which is ridiculous.
You are talking about 3 pacers but u must have seen the way Sakib & Naeem bowled which was much impressive comparing to Mash & Rasel spell.
And Shahadat anywau isnt ready for ODIs untill he learns to stop bowling short.
Old November 8, 2008, 11:26 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Sorry although found a link could not watch the match. Fell asleep after a horrible travel. When I woke up it was allover. We were not able to finish the stipulated overs. Sad and thanks to Ash showing again that he rocks.
Old November 8, 2008, 11:42 AM
Cricket Sage

it's the third powerplay that changed everything...had we taken that powerplay while sakib n ashraful were batting we wud hav been fine...but i can see why ashraful didn't take the 3rd powerplay they wanted to keep steyn off the attack as much as possible..n beside at one point they were scoring 7,8,9,10 of consecutive overs..so why take powerplay if u can get that much run without it..
Old November 8, 2008, 12:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

One thing for sure... we are not losing badly these days and always there was a situation where we couldve/wouldve won. However, I think it is about time that we finalize our best XI player. And Shahadat is part of that equation until we find another medium pacer-allrounder. Champaka will work on him and make him ready for prime-time. He is too goood of a player to be left outside the playing XI. But I think Imrul has been brought to team prematurely and should be either given more time or leave him out.