facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old June 17, 2010, 04:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Ash was totally clueless out there but every1 didn't do much better..the batting was just horrendous..not 1 batsman batted well..
If we batted well, I am sure our bowling misery would be apparent. The bottom line is we suck in everything.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

Old June 17, 2010, 04:46 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
If we batted well, I am sure our bowling misery would be apparent. The bottom line is we suck in everything.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
So true!
Old June 17, 2010, 04:54 AM
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012

Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool

I didnt watch the game (good thing for me), but will watch the next with finger crossed. This is how it is, and will remain for long time.
Admit or not, you all are crazy about cricket, love BD and wont be able to hold your self for long!
Old June 17, 2010, 05:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Many people are finding an scapegoat in Ashraful. He did not play well for sure; but he is not the problem of the team.

The way he played yesterday, I am sure he is completely down in confidence. Mentally immatured players like Ash need motivating words from the team; but he is not getting it for sure. He was in two minds from the very start. If the management does not have confidence in him, he should be dropped immediately.
Old June 17, 2010, 06:02 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
Many people are finding an scapegoat in Ashraful. He did not play well for sure; but he is not the problem of the team.

The way he played yesterday, I am sure he is completely down in confidence. Mentally immatured players like Ash need motivating words from the team; but he is not getting it for sure. He was in two minds from the very start. If the management does not have confidence in him, he should be dropped immediately.
In that case why not have him open? Because most often than not he comes at a time where we are like down 2 wickets in a jiffy in the first ten overs and thus has the added pressure of not playing freely.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old June 17, 2010, 06:08 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
In that case why not have him open? Because most often than not he comes at a time where we are like down 2 wickets in a jiffy in the first ten overs and thus has the added pressure of not playing freely.
I really don't want him to open and start the collapse of wkt that early.
He just needs to score when ever he comes in.
With so many games he played in his career, he should be comfortable at any place in the line up.

All these bd players need to shut up and perform now.
Old June 17, 2010, 06:12 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Our last five playes went for 7 runs or so. Who had a clue in the team?
Old June 17, 2010, 06:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
The two-minds thing is not because of the match situation, it is because of his fear for criticism. For the last two years he plays more for justifying his position than for the team. A tickle with the batting order will not help him.
Old June 17, 2010, 06:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

My take is that after playing on bouncy wickets in England, they just could not adjust to the flat wicket. India, SL and Pakistan have the advantage because they have been playing on flat wickets for months.
Another disadvantage is that they had to jet back east, jet lag plays a big part on the body's functions, 8 hours difference is quite a bit for the body to handle, takes about 5 days to get back to normal. After this, they return to BD, then jet back west to England, a bit hard on these boys.
I am sur that they will do better against SL and will surely score over 225 runs.
Old June 17, 2010, 07:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Just finished watching the highlights and this was the best I've seen us bowl in a long time. Except Shuvo (I have no idea why he was playing ahead of Razzak) eveyone was on the spot. Gambhir was very very lucky. He was tortured by Rasel, Mashrafe and then Shafiul. I don't get what is wrong with our team selection. Razzak is picked for Tests and ignored in ODIs, where he is actually decent in favour of a rookie who has proved to be useless in this format so far. The less said about the batting the better. Our tail which always used to put up a fight has forgotten how to wag.
Old June 17, 2010, 08:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
My take is that after playing on bouncy wickets in England, they just could not adjust to the flat wicket. India, SL and Pakistan have the advantage because they have been playing on flat wickets for months.
Another disadvantage is that they had to jet back east, jet lag plays a big part on the body's functions, 8 hours difference is quite a bit for the body to handle, takes about 5 days to get back to normal. After this, they return to BD, then jet back west to England, a bit hard on these boys.
I am sur that they will do better against SL and will surely score over 225 runs.
The pitches in England were completely flat, especially when the sun was out.
Old June 17, 2010, 10:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

^ well, regardless of how batting friendly the English pitches were, they had more bounce than Mirpur, Chittagong and Bogura pitches combined.
Old June 17, 2010, 11:28 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

it was a game we had no notable PERSONAL ACHIEVEMENTS.
Old June 18, 2010, 12:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
All in all a horrible match for us. A game that started with great promise ended in misery. But I am not going to give up hope so soon, I have seen these boys play. They can play some goddamn cricket and I am sure they will come back strongly in the next game InshAllah.
Another thing, I found the newspapers being a bit unfair to the team. A national team is playing a major cricket tournament, and all the coverage it gets is a tiny winy article in near the bottom of sports page? And a Swiss-Spain game report goes in the front page! Of course to the rest of the world the world cup is way way way bigger than Asia cup. But if we don't support/cover our team, who will? I understand our performance was horrible but a little more media exposure wouldn't have been bad.
i didn't see anything about the asia cup in our newspaper.this is just disgusting,they have to report about how many times a female fan blows kisses to thei favourite player but there is nothing whatsoever about the asia cup!bunch of hypocrites!bcb and the players should boycott the bd media!
Old June 18, 2010, 12:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Just finished watching the highlights and this was the best I've seen us bowl in a long time. Except Shuvo (I have no idea why he was playing ahead of Razzak) eveyone was on the spot. Gambhir was very very lucky. He was tortured by Rasel, Mashrafe and then Shafiul. I don't get what is wrong with our team selection. Razzak is picked for Tests and ignored in ODIs, where he is actually decent in favour of a rookie who has proved to be useless in this format so far. The less said about the batting the better. Our tail which always used to put up a fight has forgotten how to wag.
right u are!i think if we had a few more runs,then surely we would have won given our bowers bowled like that had we got a decent score.