facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 5, 2010, 02:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe
Question Are Bangladeshi cricket fans in Bangladesh losing self-respect ??

Today, I saw so many (bangladeshi) people holding Indian flags and coloring their body with indian flags color. No doubt we used to wave indian or pakistani flags in stadium during 90's when we were hardly playing with any big teams. Most of the time Bangladesh were like a silent audience. But now as we are a test team and also emerging as a competitive team, i think, we (bangladeshi) should be more self-respectful than we used to be. Moreover, where Bangladesh team is playing itself in Bangladesh Tournament, waving other country's flag and coloring whole body with indian flag/paki flag color doesnt look good.

Here many people may argue that, then whats about waving Brazil/ Argentina's flag during WC. But to me thats a different thing. Have you seen any English, Germans waving Brazil's flag ? Have you seen any Brazilian to wave French flags ? Coz they are in the same league and competitor to each other whereas, Bangladesh is no near to them.

But in Cricket, Bangladesh plays in the same league and all those teams compete each other. So in this case, Bangladeshi fans needs to be more thoughtful and self respectful here. Those days are gone buddy where we used to shout each other by the name of India, Pakistan. I am not against india or pakistan; coz We enjoy watching them to play and we may support them as well but thats not at the cost of losing our self respect.

ps: this is my personal view. just wanted to share with you guys. i may not express myself properly. so forgive my ignorance and please feel free to comment.

Last edited by Naimul_Hd; January 5, 2010 at 02:27 PM..

Old January 5, 2010, 02:35 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

How do you know that they are not travelling Indian fans? Kolkata is not far from Dhaka and there are many cricket fans who travel a lot.
Old January 5, 2010, 02:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

If there's no interest from home crowds when the home team is not playing, then revenues suffer.

I dont mind, as long as theyre not supporting any other country over Bangladesh in a match.
Old January 5, 2010, 02:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
How do you know that they are not travelling Indian fans? Kolkata is not far from Dhaka and there are many cricket fans who travel a lot.
those are not indian for sure....those are some cheap bangladeshi fans who try to attract TV cameraman !
Old January 5, 2010, 02:45 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: SRT,Ash,Saki,dhoni,drvid

Whats wrong in supporting our neighbour when our team isnt playing...!! grow up!

terrible thread to tell the least!
Old January 5, 2010, 02:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
If there's no interest from home crowds when the home team is not playing, then revenues suffer.

I dont mind, as long as theyre not supporting any other country over Bangladesh in a match.

i also dnt mind supporting other country over bangladesh, but we should be careful that we dnt go over the top in the process !
Old January 5, 2010, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
Exactly. I do flinch when Bangladeshis support Pakistan - call me an egotistic bastard with issues for that or whatever - but at the end of the day, all that matters is whether these people are having trouble eating before a Bangladesh game.
Old January 5, 2010, 02:52 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by asddsa
those are not indian for sure....those are some cheap bangladeshi fans who try to attract TV cameraman !
And what is wrong to get his/her one minute of fame? This can not be considered as an act of insubordination.

Shorkari mal churi, on the other hand, is a bigger crime done by so called patriots who represent our nation.
+++
Did you not see Koreans and Japanese supporting Brazil in WC finals?

By the way, what Germany is to Football, Bd is not to Cricket.
More like what Japan is to Football, BD is to cricket.
Old January 5, 2010, 02:59 PM
Cricket Guru

thanks a lot guys to make me clear. I dnt knw whether u watched today's game properly or not, but some bangladeshi supporters craziness towards other teams likely india/paki team make me feel uncomfortable and confused !! As u guys dnt feel the same way, i guess, i m taking this quite seriously. thanks !
Old January 5, 2010, 03:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Dear brother...look who lost the "self-respect" here!! fans are fans. don't tag them under "cheapness" specially when they are Bangladeshi as you are also Bangladeshi I guess !! they were your country men ! they paid ticket to support guest team being in the gallery in this unbearable cold weather.... thus our identity as friendly cricketing nation/supporter was once again shown around the world !
Old January 5, 2010, 03:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

There is a large Indian expats populace in Dhaka. That being said, I grew up watching a lot of our own country men waving Indian and Pakistani flags when those two faced each other.
Old January 5, 2010, 03:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Not only men women has lost it way before the indian team arrived... just watch the crazy for watching indian movies and stuff... oh btw how about this?

3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old January 5, 2010, 04:00 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Dear bhais, please don't misunderstand our asddsa bhai, I know where he is coming from. Also asddsa bhai, please don't misunderstand some of them crowds showing Indian support/cheer through body paint, flags etc. As some of the bros explained here already, I will also reiterate the fact that there is good substantial number of Indian (more) and Pakistani and a small number of SriLankan citizens living and working in Dhaka, BD, throughout the business industry, Import-export sector etc. My parents often had Indian tenants and some of my relatives who has big (not so big, in their context) business in Dhaka have a decent number of Indian employees/staffs (accounting, billing, admin. etc.). And these Indians have a lot of Bangladeshi friends/colleagues who will go to the stadium and show their support for their friend's team in cricket! that's all...after all at the end of the day, under all the body paints and fabrics of flags, we are simply human and nothing but human!

Also I think some BD supporters might have supported India since BD lost to SL, thus they wanted to send the winning vibe to India probably to stabilize the tourny with the hope that then BD would have a chance to be in the play, after all we, BD are the weakest team among the 3 here!

Man it feels very lonely, very empty, vacuum and extremely sad like feeling when I see my Bangladesh lose, but after the game, the next day when my Bangladesh is out of the equation, I will go with my fellow Indian, Pakistani, Sri Lankan cousins/friends back to the stadium to watch their team playing against another team, maybe with some of their color on and roudy smile and even though they just beat us BD yesterday. At the end of the day we are all human and boy,we love that cricket.

P.S. Also a flight or bus ride from Calcutta Dhaka is relatively cheap and quick, it is indeed very very good for our economy that foreign supporters travel to our Bangladesh and spend the money in BD even if their country is our rival at the field.
Old January 5, 2010, 04:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Dear bhais, please don't misunderstand our asddsa bhai, I know where he is coming from. Also asddsa bhai, please don't misunderstand some of them crowds showing Indian support/cheer through body paint, flags etc. As some of the bros explained here already, I will also reiterate the fact that there is good substantial number of Indian (more) and Pakistani and a small number of SriLankan citizens living and working in Dhaka, BD, throughout the business industry, Import-export sector etc. My parents often had Indian tenants and some of my relatives who has big (not so big, in their context) business in Dhaka have a decent number of Indian employees/staffs (accounting, billing, admin. etc.). And these Indians have a lot of Bangladeshi friends/colleagues who will go to the stadium and show their support for their friend's team in cricket! that's all...after all at the end of the day, under all the body paints and fabrics of flags, we are simply human and nothing but human!

Also I think some BD supporters might have supported India since BD lost to SL, thus they wanted to send the winning vibe to India probably to stabilize the tourny with the hope that then BD would have a chance to be in the play, after all we, BD are the weakest team among the 3 here!

Man it feels very lonely, very empty, vacuum and extremely sad like feeling when I see my Bangladesh lose, but after the game, the next day when my Bangladesh is out of the equation, I will go with my fellow Indian, Pakistani, Sri Lankan cousins/friends back to the stadium to watch their team playing against another team, maybe with some of their color on and roudy smile and even though they just beat us BD yesterday. At the end of the day we are all human and boy,we love that cricket.

P.S. Also a flight or bus ride from Calcutta Dhaka is relatively cheap and quick, it is indeed very very good for our economy that foreign supporters travel to our Bangladesh and spend the money in BD even if their country is our rival at the field.
sorry can't agree. doesn't matter how bigger friend the other guy is, i will never paint their coutrys flag on me... I know at least all my friends will not or may be at least most of them will not
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old January 5, 2010, 04:20 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
sorry can't agree. doesn't matter how bigger friend the other guy is, i will never paint their coutrys flag on me... I know at least all my friends will not or may be at least most of them will not
Agree.
Old January 5, 2010, 04:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

This is one of the very few things that I see everyone really finding it difficult to get the balance right of.

In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with cheering* and supporting** a different country (no matter what the history between that and my country is) unless they're playing against my team. However, I would actually never go to a match painting on myself some other country's flag, coz to me that's something only my own flag deserves. But neither would I judge (but I wouldn't appreciate either) the ones who do that, coz I wouldn't know what points of view he's carrying in this matter, and whether that's reasonable or not. BUT again if the same person doesn't come to his own country's match with his own flag painted on his body, then I have a problem (and again, that's just me...though I know most of the others would agree too). So before I comment on the guy who painted Ind's flag in today's match, first I've to know whether he really was a BD man and second whether he came to watch BD's match yesterday (or would come to any of the BD matches) with BD's flag painted on him.

* And even more so when them winning would help my team out.

** But I wouldn't tolerate getting into stupid arguements over supporting different countries, as some of us back home (heck, even some overseas) still do. Like - ''Ind-supporting BD people'' and ''Pak-supporting BD people'' getting into fight for useless reasons. That's just pathetic.
Old January 5, 2010, 05:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

They may be Indian expats living in Bangladesh. But yeah if they are Bangladeshi then I gotta say it's pretty sad and disrespectful.
Old January 5, 2010, 05:06 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Supporting is ok, when bd is not playing butpainting body is too much
anyway bangla girls have reputations of following other fans activity and copy from fans

during 94 wc one American girl hold a banner Tony meola marry me, it was hit over the net.
Then a Bengali girl hold banner. Afridi marry me

its funny and silly. I think we should have some limit

joke: if a girl hold poster, written enamul haq moni. Marry me
how wud be ur reaction?
Old January 5, 2010, 05:08 PM
Cricket Legend

As long as the match is not being played against bangladesh OR the team is Pakistan (provided it is not the bihari crowd) then I really dont mind this.....

Bangladeshi fans were first put to limelight for theie hospitality during the Knowckout world cup, lets not be hostile...
Old January 5, 2010, 05:08 PM
Test Cricketer

Firstly I would never do that coz I know I’m pure breed and I love my country .. secondly before we point the fingers to someone we need to make sure that they're genuine Bengali.. As said by Miraz bhai they could be travelling Indian fans also there are many Bengalis living in BD where their origin is from India.. i.e. father or mother’s side from India.. if that’s the case I see nothing wrong with that..
Old January 5, 2010, 05:10 PM
Test Cricketer

imo supporting other country is fine but not over doing it..
Old January 5, 2010, 05:47 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

lol, another example to counter Akabir77's nice find.

Did we not see "Marry me" signs from the WIan fans for Tamim?

I align myself with tiger_club. I can't do that even if someone offers me a huge some of money (extra motivation). But I would tollerate if someone besides me does that.
Old January 5, 2010, 07:33 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
lol, another example to counter Akabir77's nice find.

Did we not see "Marry me" signs from the WIan fans for Tamim?

I align myself with tiger_club. I can't do that even if someone offers me a huge some of money (extra motivation). But I would tollerate if someone besides me does that.

awww, that sounds cute to me.

but again, if bengali girls do that----thats not tolerable, thats shameless, thats silly
Old January 5, 2010, 07:36 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default waste

how do u know? they could be from Kolkata or other cities close to bangaldesh or could be students studing in Dhaka or forign workers....this is a waste of a thread...

Quote:
Today, I saw so many (bangladeshi) people holding Indian flags and coloring their body with indian flags color. No doubt we used to wave indian or pakistani flags in stadium during 90's when we were hardly playing with any big teams. Most of the time Bangladesh were like a silent audience. But now as we are a test team and also emerging as a competitive team, i think, we (bangladeshi) should be more self-respectful than we used to be. Moreover, where Bangladesh team is playing itself in Bangladesh Tournament, waving other country's flag and coloring whole body with indian flag/paki flag color doesnt look good.

Here many people may argue that, then whats about waving Brazil/ Argentina's flag during WC. But to me thats a different thing. Have you seen any English, Germans waving Brazil's flag ? Have you seen any Brazilian to wave French flags ? Coz they are in the same league and competitor to each other whereas, Bangladesh is no near to them.

But in Cricket, Bangladesh plays in the same league and all those teams compete each other. So in this case, Bangladeshi fans needs to be more thoughtful and self respectful here. Those days are gone buddy where we used to shout each other by the name of India, Pakistan. I am not against india or pakistan; coz We enjoy watching them to play and we may support them as well but thats not at the cost of losing our self respect.

ps: this is my personal view. just wanted to share with you guys. i may not express myself properly. so forgive my ignorance and please feel free to comment.
Old January 5, 2010, 07:37 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default hahaah

is that ur gf? she is fat dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
Not only men women has lost it way before the indian team arrived... just watch the crazy for watching indian movies and stuff... oh btw how about this?