facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 15, 2013, 11:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Default Cricket in Bangladesh Games

The 8th Bangladesh Games will commence on 20 April 2013 with cricket making its debut in this multi-event competition. The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) decided to enter the Games following an invitation from the Bangladesh Olympic Assiciation. Cricket will be an eight-team Twenty20 tournament organised under the auspices of the BCB Tourament Committee. The national selection panel of the BCB picked the teams (team list and itinerary attached). . . . .http://www.tigercricket.com/news/cri...esh-games.html

Old May 1, 2013, 01:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Sabbir Rahman was the highest scorer followed by Dhiman Ghosh and Marshal Ayub......http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Ev...g_by_Runs.html
Arafat sunny was the highest wicket taker.....http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Ev...y_Wickets.html
Old May 1, 2013, 01:46 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Yh he was also the man of the tournament and mom twice.

Still not in bcb's plan for t20 wc...

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old May 1, 2013, 03:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Sabbir rahman is a talented individual, but the question is, in place of whom are you going to give him a chance in the T20 squad? We already have shakib, nasir and mushy in the middle order. Sabbir is more of a finisher than a top order player, and the only one he can replace in riad, but Riad has done OK in t20s and you cant really drop your VC easily
Old May 1, 2013, 04:38 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Yh he was also the man of the tournament and mom twice.

Still not in bcb's plan for t20 wc...

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
I would really like to see him in the T-20 team ahead of Ryad
Old May 1, 2013, 06:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Riyad really shouldn't be playing T20s.
Old May 1, 2013, 08:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Shabbir Rohman is consistently doing well in T20 level. His consistency says he is good in short format. I hope he will do good in future.
Old May 1, 2013, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Riyad really shouldn't be playing T20s.
Riyad should only be playing ODIs. He also shouldn't be VC.
Old May 1, 2013, 11:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Wasn't Riyad 1 of our best batsmen last game against SL in T20I? I honestly wouldn't replace him with Shabbir. Let's see what Shabbir can do in the upcoming A team tour. I'm a fan of him and he's a good prospect but let him showcase himself more on the A team level before we throw him in to the highest level.
Old May 1, 2013, 02:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Wasn't Riyad 1 of our best batsmen last game against SL in T20I? I honestly wouldn't replace him with Shabbir. Let's see what Shabbir can do in the upcoming A team tour. I'm a fan of him and he's a good prospect but let him showcase himself more on the A team level before we throw him in to the highest level.
I agree

I personally think sabbir is a bit overrated in this forum. Sabbir has an average of 30 in FC cricket and 20 something in List A which shows that he is nothing special.

Dragging him into the international area will be a big mistake. If he performs in academy and A team matches, he will get his chances. We are a bit to impatient when we see some promise.
Old May 2, 2013, 05:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
I agree

I personally think sabbir is a bit overrated in this forum. Sabbir has an average of 30 in FC cricket and 20 something in List A which shows that he is nothing special.

Dragging him into the international area will be a big mistake. If he performs in academy and A team matches, he will get his chances. We are a bit to impatient when we see some promise.
We never said that he should be in the test team. So why bring up his FC average? If you watch Shabbir bat you will know how much talent he possesses. He has huge potential.
Old May 5, 2013, 11:02 AM
Richard McInnes
Manager / Head coach, National Cricket Academy
Former BD U19 Coach

Sabbir has only made runs since the BPL this year but it is great to see him continue, with cosistent performances in the games. He is an outstanding fieldsmen and his new found confidence and some improvements in his technique, will see him challenge for a spot in the next 12 to 18 months. At whose expense i am not sure, but we need this type of competition for spots to ensure we have a strong national team.
Old May 5, 2013, 11:11 AM
Cricket Legend

The problem is that our middle order looks pretty much settled. If anything, its a good top-order missing.

Sorry, but if Sabbir doesnt become a proper top-order batsman I dont see him in our side for the time being. One thing for sure, he is an outstanding fielder.
Old May 5, 2013, 12:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer
Sabbir has only made runs since the BPL this year but it is great to see him continue, with cosistent performances in the games. He is an outstanding fieldsmen and his new found confidence and some improvements in his technique, will see him challenge for a spot in the next 12 to 18 months. At whose expense i am not sure, but we need this type of competition for spots to ensure we have a strong national team.
Thanks for the input coach. I think with Mominul struggling in the shorter formats, Shabbir could definitely put his hand up for the NZ tour. If he has a strong and solid showing in the A team your of England, then I see him having a good chance of making the team.

Shabbir in comparison to Mominul, seems to take far less time to get settled at the crease. He rotates the strike well and is a clean hitter. Temperamentally he's probably not quite there yet and that's why I'd rather have Mominul for the Test team but for the shorter forms he can definitely be an asset for us
Old May 5, 2013, 01:42 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Look at Riyad's overall T20I batting stats, his average is less than 14 and strike-rate is less than 100, that is very poor for an international batsman. Also he was ordinary in the last BPL, average was 21 with a strike-rate of 113. Riyad just doesn't look like he is suited to this format.
Sabbir on the other hand has shown glimpses of match-winning ability in T20 cricket, he is an aggressive player with clean striking ability. In my opinion he has shown enough to be included in the T20 squads and should be nurtured for the next T20 World Cup. I'd also love to see him tried out in the number 7 slot in the ODI team. We were once again reminded of Riyad's inability to finish with a flourish in his innings today. He scored 31 with a SR of 65, not bad for his average but didn't really help the team out. Riyad should be batting higher up either 3, 4, or 5 (personally I would have him at 5, coming in after Shakib and Mushy).
Old May 5, 2013, 01:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden
Look at Riyad's overall T20I batting stats, his average is less than 14 and strike-rate is less than 100, that is very poor for an international batsman. Also he was ordinary in the last BPL, average was 21 with a strike-rate of 113. Riyad just doesn't look like he is suited to this format.
Sabbir on the other hand has shown glimpses of match-winning ability in T20 cricket, he is an aggressive player with clean striking ability. In my opinion he has shown enough to be included in the T20 squads and should be nurtured for the next T20 World Cup. I'd also love to see him tried out in the number 7 slot in the ODI team. We were once again reminded of Riyad's inability to finish with a flourish in his innings today. He scored 31 with a SR of 65, not bad for his average but didn't really help the team out. Riyad should be batting higher up either 3, 4, or 5 (personally I would have him at 5, coming in after Shakib and Mushy).
I agree it's poor but I don't really take those stats in to account much because we really don't play it often and also it's not only Riyad that had poor stats, it's basically all our players.

Don't forget Riyad also is a handy bowler. So I agree he hasn't come quite good yet but he's been a fixture in our team for a while.

I think the player that Shabbir should come in for is Mominul rather than Riyad
Old May 5, 2013, 10:10 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

if ryad (and tamim) cant hit for BD then no one else can ......... some one said this some days ago