facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Closed Thread

Old August 9, 2004, 01:23 AM
Test Cricketer

Default save cricket

ICC is making continuous and tireless efforts to globalise and popularize the cricket and I believe they succeeded in their mission upto certain limit. So far, the ICC trophy, Inter Continental three day tournament, Continental one day tournament are success. There is steady progress every there and the performances of following teams to be noticed and they are in the verge of recognition:

One day status:

Ireland and Scotland are the strong contender and they should be rewarded very soon.

The following teams are to be considered for getting the One day status in next one or two years:

(1) Namibia (2) U A E (3) U S A (4) Canada and (5) Nepal

Test Status:

Kenya is the strong contender and they have real talent to play the test as they proved recently.

The following teams are to be considered for getting the test status in next 2 / 3 years:

(1) Scotland (2) Ireland

Scotland and Ireland are playing lot of cricket in English county cricket and they are improving day by day in all version of cricket. Others should get more opportunity to gain more experience and explore their possibilities. The main hurdle for the development of the game in these countries is money. But, if they allowed to play more in international arena, they will be able to attract the sponsors and other sources to raise the money.

Secondly, if a second string countries are there to play each other, it is more easy to arrange matches among them and to explore the chances of gaining more experiences. So, the things would not be in that way like BD suffered in international cricket as BD forced to take much stronger opponents and failed miserably. Let these countries play each other more and occasionally to meet the top teams. Let these countries to play 6/8 tests in between them and play 2/4 against the top giants in an year. Similarly, 15/20 one days between them and 4/6 against top giants.

Now the situation is like that even reaching in the semi final of the world cup, Kenya didn’t get any opportunity to play the international crciket since then, except the sharjah tournament (that is also a stop gap arrangement). So can anybody imagine, in the absence of international exposure, how the teams can perform well? At the same time, Bangladesh is suffering as the difference in standard of other nations are high and it seems every humiliating defeat killing their players confidence.

I strongly believe necessity of emergence of second string nations like Kenya, Ireland, Scotland, Namibia, UAE, USA, Canada, Nepal alongwith BD in the international cricket. It also reduce the series of humiliating defeats to the beginners in the international cricket, otherwise the beginners supposed to play with big guns at all time. Series of losses causes loosing the confidence of the players, which would automatically affect their overall performance and the standard of the play. It will also cause huge alarm from all around the world like two tier system, three tier system, standard of cricket, etc, etc….If the new nations not loose their matches continuously in the very beginning of their entry in to big group, I feel , they will produce much balanced cricket and steadily improve their performance as their players can always have the feeling in their mind that they can win the matches. Otherwise all new nations will suffer as in the case of BD. Moreover, more matches in the international cricket attract more fund from the match revenue, broadcast and also from sponsors in time, so they don’t have to worry about the funds for their developmental program

So I think it is very much necessary to allow the entry of nations to test arena and one day arena immediately to save the cricket. What do you people think?

Old August 9, 2004, 01:42 AM
Retired BC Admin

What are you up to vv_sunil? Don't you know we are against any n-tier or second string system?

Take your absurd suggestions elsewhere. And we are not sheding any tears for Kenya, Scotland, Ireland, Canada or any other country for that matter.

Don't play wise guy here.
Old August 9, 2004, 02:16 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

vvs: ultimately your method is n-tier.

I personally believe whatever hardship BD faced is almost over. The days of defeats and whitewash are numbered. We have already faced the fire. it can't be any worse.

Also, notice that during all these "humiliating" defeats, BD did not list themselves within any record lowest score. Neither in ODI nor in test. All the humiliating lowest scores still belong to all other mighty test nations!
Old August 9, 2004, 02:35 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by chinaman
What are you up to vv_sunil? Don't you know we are against any n-tier or second string system?

Take your absurd suggestions elsewhere. And we are not sheding any tears for Kenya, Scotland, Ireland, Canada or any other country for that matter.

Don't play wise guy here.
I request you to please read my views carefully without any pre judged mind. I didn’t recommend any tier system or second string systems. All I want a string of new teams to arrive in international cricket and they play each other as well as play with big guns also. I think u agree with my points of big guns and I believe there are 7/8 teams definitely at this time are much better than any other teams in terms of quality of their play.

Im not shedding tears for any nations, but I want to globalise and popluarise cricket . it is going to be very beneficial to Bangladesh also. Bangladesh should get more opportunity, they will start to register wins continuously, which will help their players capable of winning against big guns.rs. Just imagine, what would be the scenario then? I know Bangladesh is already a cricket crazy nation and some positive results boosts their spirit and ofcourse, the team will get motivations to perform better and better. I always see that. Otherwise, defeats after defeats put their morale down and ultimately lot of people do turn away from cricket. Remember, India generated such kind of big enthusiam after winning the world cup and it was a real revolution. Now the cricket is playing every corner of the India n u can see 3 / 4 years children playing cricket in even small villages. The positive result and the winning habits of India caused to develop cricket in deep root level. I do believe, positive results will always give good and healthy outcome, so one should always look for the positive sides always.

just see, how the bd fans thrilled over their win against hong kong, even the double hundred from nafees against a small team make good reasons.!! So I still belive if bd would register 7/8 wins continuously, (don’t mind even if it is against small teams, but it should be one days/tests) that will grow the confidence of their players which would surely enable them to topple the tops!!

For clarification, I neither intend to make the voice for n-tier system/second string nor involve the status of BD in any of these categories. See , I already mentioned there that these teams should play with big guns also, but it should be pro-rated to minimize the losses and thus to avoid loosing the confidence of their players
Old August 9, 2004, 03:21 AM
ODI Cricketer

vv_sunil

I think you are wasting your effort starting a controversial thread like this in this site. Your past effort when you started a similar thread should have earned you some experience of the reactions you are likely to face. Learn from your past experience just as many of us expect our favourite cricketers to learn from their past experiences. If you cannot foresee the responses that you are going to receive for this thread then best of luck. You will need it.
Old August 9, 2004, 03:26 AM
Retired BC Admin

Quote:
For clarification, I neither intend to make the voice for n-tier system/second string nor involve the status of BD in any of these categories.
Quote:
Secondly, if a second string countries are there to play each other, ...... Let these countries play each other more and occasionally to meet the top teams. Let these countries to play 6/8 tests in between them and play 2/4 against the top giants in an year. Similarly, 15/20 one days between them and 4/6 against top giants.
Quote:
I strongly believe necessity of emergence of second string nations like Kenya, Ireland, Scotland, Namibia, UAE, USA, Canada, Nepal alongwith BD in the international cricket.
Didn't I say not to play wise guy? Who you trying to fool man? Stop it now and never repeat it.
Old August 9, 2004, 03:46 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by chinaman
Quote:
For clarification, I neither intend to make the voice for n-tier system/second string nor involve the status of BD in any of these categories.
Quote:
Secondly, if a second string countries are there to play each other, ...... Let these countries play each other more and occasionally to meet the top teams. Let these countries to play 6/8 tests in between them and play 2/4 against the top giants in an year. Similarly, 15/20 one days between them and 4/6 against top giants.
Quote:
I strongly believe necessity of emergence of second string nations like Kenya, Ireland, Scotland, Namibia, UAE, USA, Canada, Nepal alongwith BD in the international cricket.
Didn't I say not to play wise guy? Who you trying to fool man? Stop it now and never repeat it.
Please link with these lines with the other lines. U will get the message there.

If any body thinks, I m trying to bring down bd, I have no objection in withdrawing all the reference related with bd, directly or indirectly, if there.

I repeat, I would like to discuss the topic related with emergence of new cricket nations and their importance in the game. this topic is nothing related with bd and I would like to remain within the topic only
Old August 9, 2004, 03:55 AM
Retired BC Admin

vv_sunil, consider this as a warning for failing to stop after asked to do so.
Closed Thread