facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old May 7, 2017, 01:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Thats nice.
Me I am 5 minutes away from the Lake,take it for granted but when I take a walk,I do like to have a look at it.
Very near the beach too.
Wollongong is on the East Coast.

Old May 7, 2017, 10:48 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockley
Thats nice.
Me I am 5 minutes away from the Lake,take it for granted but when I take a walk,I do like to have a look at it.
Very near the beach too.
Wollongong is on the East Coast.
It is something I look forward to every summer. It is aesthetic. I find it romantic
Old May 7, 2017, 11:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Cool thats good.
Old May 7, 2017, 01:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Vancouver is by far the most amazing and beautiful North American city I have been to. It's so scenic and cultural. Stanley Park, downtown, Granville island, whistler. It's like heaven on earth. Only thing is that it rains a lot.

Wish I could move there permanently
I would like to move there aswell but it's super expensive there.
Old May 8, 2017, 01:48 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Quote:
Vancouver is by far the most amazing and beautiful North American city I have been to. It's so scenic and cultural. Stanley Park, downtown, Granville island, whistler. It's like heaven on earth. Only thing is that it rains a lot.

Wish I could move there permanently
Every year when -20C arrives me & wify talk about moving to Vancouver one of those years! Dream!!! Then again friends living in Vanc complains about excessive rain & overall expensiveness​. Its pretty populus too I think. Everyone wants to move there secretly I guess

Visited all the places you mentioned ... Amazing!

By the way our KP bhai lives in a better place than Vanc - Victoria, it is! Heaven on Earth! Visited & stayed in his place back in 2011
Old May 8, 2017, 09:20 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin

If I need to move, I will perhaps move South to US as most of my school buddies live in states. My wife will be crazy happy if we end up in Australia as she has her brother, aunts-uncles, cousins living there for years.

Although it has been more than a decade here, I still did not visit Vancouver yet. But out of all the countries I visited before, I liked Australia the most (didn't feel the summer heat though). If a large number of my in-laws' family members were not living there, I would seriously consider moving there.

Winter in Canada is really a big issue for immigrants. We did not grow in this weather, so can't really enjoy it. There are plenty of things Canadians do though: skiing, skating, hockey, ice-fishing, snowmobiling etc. There is also the hassle of changing tires, preventing road salt/rustproofing, driving sporty cars, large bill on home heating etc. If you're a car enthusiast, you need to have minimum 2 cars here.
Old May 8, 2017, 04:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

I live in a county called Surrey and it's nice. The town I live in his apart of greater London. I don't think I could live anywhere else.

Fast trains to London, schools are great, a good balance between greenery and cosmopolitan life, equidistant from Heathrow and Gatwick to name a few advantages, best weather in this part of the UK, good number of restaurants close by, and near to Asian localities.

A couple of my friends moved from London to my area after visiting to me. Allhamdullilah this has become my home and don't want to go anywhere else.
Old May 8, 2017, 05:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

[QUOTE=adamnsu;1988836
- Good transport and road facilities [I]- Central liney ekbar uthley jiboney ar eta bolben na[/I]
- Weather - Ki kon ? Englishra porjonto weather posondo korey na.
- Telecommunications, TV, internet, phones, water, energy and food are reasonablly priced - Very expensive! BDtey 1 weekey Tk100 taka dei for electricity aka £1!
[/QUOTE
Old May 8, 2017, 05:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Police in the UK are generally friendly. The rough ones I've come across is in Home Office(immigration office) and airport.
Home office ones are UKBA officers. Not sure about the SO18 officers
Old May 9, 2017, 03:26 AM
Cricket Guru

[QUOTE=Shingara;1989276]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu;1988836
- Good transport and road facilities [I

- Central liney ekbar uthley jiboney ar eta bolben na[/I]
- Weather - Ki kon ? Englishra porjonto weather posondo korey na.
- Telecommunications, TV, internet, phones, water, energy and food are reasonablly priced - Very expensive! BDtey 1 weekey Tk100 taka dei for electricity aka £1!
[/QUOTE
- I dont have to use Central line. On the odd occasion when I do use it in the weekends it has not been a problem. Although I know how awful the services can be as I ve heard they need to close down the tube stations in the morning. The trains are fast in our area.
- The English like hot weather, which I dont so its to my liking.
- Telecommunications: I am not comparing UK with BD or any other country but from my opinion. For example: BB 14mps unltd+ House phone I currently pay nothing (with discounts). I pay TV license and I get a good number of channels in HD. Mobile phones are subsidised and depending on your usage it is quite reasonable. The quality of water that comes is drinking water and very cold. Basic essentials & staples like bread, milk, eggs are priced cheap depending on where you shop ofcourse, but if you always go to Waitrose thats a different story.
Old May 9, 2017, 03:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
Karon ami ekhaney jonmaisi? Ki ar korar
I wonder if you were born in Bangladesh, your dislikes list would have been a couple of pages
Old May 9, 2017, 08:07 AM
Test Cricketer

Lightbulb Canada vs Europe

Trivia

Land area of Europe = 10.18 million km²
Land area of Canada = 9.98 million km²

Population of Europe = 743 million
Population of Canada = 36 million

Ontario = France + Spain (area-wise)
Old May 9, 2017, 08:44 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0ssei
Living abroad makes you an electrician, a carpenter, a gardener and at times a plumber.

Get a hand bidet ("push shower" commonly called in BD) and attach it to the water supply to your toilet tank with a Y-pipe or similar and live happily ever after . You may need to use heat shrink, plumbing tape etc. But you need to carry empty bottles/cups in public places or rental apartments I guess.
Heheheh...thank you, my dear R0ssei bhai saheeb, for the chhochu advice...I listened to you, and since then, I have been doing much better, living in a bit of comfort, if you know what I mean.

I have three bosses...one of them gets on my nerve, in the past, if he is not around, I sometimes used his personal coffee mug in the office. Then I stopped, I realized it's mean and not nice.
Old May 9, 2017, 08:45 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

What happened to the conversation between Samosa bhai and Gupal...?

Another one of mine:

Like:

Dollar$$
Old May 9, 2017, 11:32 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
Every year when -20C arrives me & wify talk about moving to Vancouver one of those years! Dream!!! Then again friends living in Vanc complains about excessive rain & overall expensiveness​. Its pretty populus too I think. Everyone wants to move there secretly I guess

Visited all the places you mentioned ... Amazing!

By the way our KP bhai lives in a better place than Vanc - Victoria, it is! Heaven on Earth! Visited & stayed in his place back in 2011
KP bhai is the man. I call him my bhaira bhai for nothing. I will go to his place for sure next time I visit (*pending his invitation*).

My friend lived in Vanc and he also said that its very expensive. But I was used to NY cost and so it didn't struck me as too high. That being said, everything is cheap when compared to ridiculous NY cost of living. Toronto isn't that cheap necessarily as well but one can afford renting an apt in downtown.

I would have loved to move to Canada. But unfortunately, the financial sector doesn't pay as much as US.
Old May 9, 2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
KP bhai is the man. I call him my bhaira bhai for nothing. I will go to his place for sure next time I visit (*pending his invitation*).
Ha! Ha!! Mufi, my vaira bhai doesn't even need an invitation!!! Just give me a knock few weeks ahead, if I am not busy or out of city, I might even cook for you!
Old May 9, 2017, 01:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:

My friend lived in Vanc and he also said that its very expensive. But I was used to NY cost and so it didn't struck me as too high. That being said, everything is cheap when compared to ridiculous NY cost of living.
After reading your post I too had an urge to visit vancouver but then was discouraged reading everything is so expensive.. i am like.. ami thakbo kothai, khabo ki eto poisha lagle.. then u say it's cheap compare to NYC and then I am like ha! taile to ami baller hobo vancouver e...

anyways.. NYC has multiple economies... it can be cheap for many ppl - that's why you see so many ppl still surviving here with next to no income. And can be super expenvise for wealthy. One example is housing.... There are new developments in Manhattan where to get tax break they rent certain apartment to low income families which is distributed via lotteries....And most apartments have these allotted apartments....I personally know 5 familieis who live in one of those apartments.

They pay rent of 1100-1400/month that has Manhattan skyline view from their lviing room and bedroom....where the current rate for other folks pay north of 5k/month. This is the reason it was in the news an architech suggested making a door in the back for ppl who are subsidized.. LOL... (ppl were outraged but I say sign me up if i get to pay that rent..i will enter through any hole u got)

One of my dream was always to live in an apartment with all glass wall overlooking manhattan skyline...it never came true for me but there are ppl living that life - if you would know their income you would be like "you must be homeless in NYC"?

Well they are thriving my friend... thriving..
Old May 9, 2017, 02:43 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
After reading your post I too had an urge to visit vancouver but then was discouraged reading everything is so expensive.. i am like.. ami thakbo kothai, khabo ki eto poisha lagle.. then u say it's cheap compare to NYC and then I am like ha! taile to ami baller hobo vancouver e...

anyways.. NYC has multiple economies... it can be cheap for many ppl - that's why you see so many ppl still surviving here with next to no income. And can be super expenvise for wealthy.
that's very true. that's called the struggle of being middle class.

as humayun ahmed said (paraphrasing) - "gorib manusher lojjar bhoy nei. tara rastar je kono hotel e boshe khete pare. keu kichu mone korbe nah. keu du bar takabe nah. abar borolok dero chokku lojja kom. tara shokher boshe rastar hotel e anonder jonno jete pare. khali pare nah moddhobitto manushera"

A poor person can maintain a certain lifestyle and won't be scrutinized. They can rely on food stamps, live on projects or subsidized housing. But I can't just because of societal expectations to maintain a certain standard of living. On the other hand, will struggle to keep up with the rich folks. So we will just go by pretending to be happy.

That's why moved out of NY.
Old May 10, 2017, 04:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

how far do you live from disney? I cancelled a trip to florida disney last month ... last time i went to florida I didn't think that was a place i would particularly enjoy living in...

anyways, none of the ppl here mentioned DHaka.. for some of you i thought it would be the greatest city on earth.

I feel like major cities are only good to live in if you are young up to 10 years post college.

There are quiet a few times I got taken aback by how friendly ppl are when i went outside NYC within America. It's to the point where you feel uncomfortable almost.
Old May 10, 2017, 10:36 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
There are quiet a few times I got taken aback by how friendly ppl are when i went outside NYC within America. It's to the point where you feel uncomfortable almost.
Same in Canada.
Old May 10, 2017, 06:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0ssei
If I need to move, I will perhaps move South to US as most of my school buddies live in states. My wife will be crazy happy if we end up in Australia as she has her brother, aunts-uncles, cousins living there for years.

Although it has been more than a decade here, I still did not visit Vancouver yet. But out of all the countries I visited before, I liked Australia the most (didn't feel the summer heat though). If a large number of my in-laws' family members were not living there, I would seriously consider moving there.
Australia is definitely such a great scenic place. Even to this day if i go sight seeing there are randoms lakes, creek beds, waterfalls, lagoons, bushlands, beaches that I have never been or heard of before and its always a surreal experience. City life is a bit hectic but about 30mins away from the city and you can live in really nice and chilled places. The heat is quite intense around the summer (around Dec-Feb) but after that its not really that hot. But most Aussies look forward to the summer season anyway so they can hit the beaches and go holidaying.
Old May 10, 2017, 08:34 PM
Cricket Legend

I am happy to be born into Australia,I am very lucky.
No wars.

Main problem here is crime,but have car insurance and contents insurance.
We have a socialized health system.
Ice and Heroin main problems here,but that is a problem elsewhere.

Yes we are divided.
But anyone can get flak,i've got flak before but just live with it.

Agree with Bengali we have many sights to see, used to live in Brisbane,and Brisbane is nice very rural.Stradbroke Island is very nice.
We have many sights round Wollongong like beaches,the Buddhist monastery and gardens.and Kiama blow hole.
Have been to yaringuly caves near Wee Jasper and they are great.