facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 31, 2018, 02:03 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
BANGLADESH GENOCIDE 1971 KHULNA University MASSACRE by PAKISTAN ARMY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DbXvM2FITU
I saw this video some time back. Their only fault was they were being students?

The suffering that the Pakistani army did is unforgivable. May all involved get justice.

Old March 31, 2018, 05:53 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I wonder what Paks know about 1971.
What they feel, the mass educated people about 71 ?
There was a time they could get away with it reading or not reading on their academic books but now with internet there are many reliable sources to learn about it.
Old March 31, 2018, 08:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
I wonder what Paks know about 1971.
What they feel, the mass educated people about 71 ?
There was a time they could get away with it reading or not reading on their academic books but now with internet there are many reliable sources to learn about it.
From what I learnt from Pakistanis their education system teaches them that this war was fought against India. However they forget to mention their soldiers torture and aggression against innocent people.

Sadly some Pakistanis I have come across who have read the Internet on 1971 say it’s all false propaganda against their army.

These people also blame the army’s reason for such acts was due to the Mukti Bahini as a counter action, which they didn’t start.

I consider these people as blind as Israelis who always blame Hamas for the whole situation, and their Army and country are innocent.
Old March 31, 2018, 09:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
From what I learnt from Pakistanis their education system teaches them that this war was fought against India. However they forget to mention their soldiers torture and aggression against innocent people.

Sadly some Pakistanis I have come across who have read the Internet on 1971 say it’s all false propaganda against their army.

These people also blame the army’s reason for such acts was due to the Mukti Bahini as a counter action, which they didn’t start.

I consider these people as blind as Israelis who always blame Hamas for the whole situation, and their Army and country are innocent.
Firing unguided rockets from hospitals isn't really an effective medium to get your point across.
Old March 31, 2018, 10:45 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:

All these documentaries can not ne false but as you said thzy are as blind as Israelis
Old April 1, 2018, 08:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Happy Independence to all Bangladeshis.

May Allah bless, prosper Bangladesh into more bigger things to come going forward. Ameen!
Old April 1, 2018, 09:17 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Guys,
If you really want to know few war stories, expeditions, of '71. Buy or get a hold of a book called "Brave of Heart: The Urban Guerilla Warfare of Sector-2 during the Liberation War of Bangladesh" - Habibul Alam. Bir Protik. Actually buy two and give one to your parents.

That book is not like a normal book. It is our history. It is a collection of incidents, coming from 1st hand. Make sure you have a tissue box with you (or may be not).

For many many years after the liberation war, several times, the retired mukti bahinis of Sector 2, would meet at our house 1/3 Dilu Road. We as kids, would sit around them and listen to stories till late nights. Tears rolling, smiling, laughing went on and on.
Old April 15, 2018, 06:40 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Great thread.
Thanks for sharing the experience / videos etc.

Long live our country - Bangladesh.
Old April 16, 2018, 02:15 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Dear guys,

In post #25, this morning I realized that one of the YouTube clips that I initially posted about the late Shahid Zaheer Raihan - it was titled as something like 'Zaheer Raihan's Dialogues About 'Paki' Propaganda'. Zaheer Raihan did not address Pakistanis as Pakis. It was labeled by the YouTuber who posted the clip on YouTube.

It is absolutely not cool, appropriate or acceptable to address any person or group of people with derogatory names or terms. We know that British Pakistanis in England are often called as 'Pakis' by racist people over there to belittle the sub-continental British. It is NOT cool to hurt or insult your fellow man or any living being, God's creation by insult even if you or I are atheist for that matter. And it is absolutely not acceptable, just like we Bangladeshis would not tolerate being addressed as 'Bangers' or 'Bangis' or 'Bangla' or whatever. Call a Pakistani a Pakistani, and a Bangladeshi a Bangladeshi or Bangali and Bengali is fine too.
Also calling anyone Paki or Malu is absolutely against banglacricket.com forum rules.

I did not pay attention to that detail in the title of the clip, and I missed it somehow. It was a big mistake on my part. Please forgive me if I accidentally and unintentionally offended anyone of you. It was never my intention, I get carried away while posting historical emotional clips and slipped.
Old April 16, 2018, 07:42 PM
Club Cricketer

Whoa, ghastly war crimes. I'd heard it was bad but didn't really know it was a holocaust. Now I know.

Happy Independence day mates.

-
Siraj
Old April 17, 2018, 08:23 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheikh_Saheb
Whoa, ghastly war crimes. I'd heard it was bad but didn't really know it was a holocaust. Now I know.

-
Siraj
Yes, Siraj. It was a genocide, a 'systematic' and 'organized' state/military operated ethnic cleansing. I am glad you have now learned something about the bloody and painful history of Bangladesh, and her people's struggle and sacrifice that made the country a reality. I am sure you will continue to search and learn more about Bangladesh's history.
Best wishes to you.

I am just curious, is your mom by any chance the great artist/sculptor Shamim Sikdar? In another word, are you the nephew of the great late revolutionary communist leader of Bangladesh, Siraj Sikdar (RIP)? I don't know why, but something made me wonder just seeing your name in the 'Introduce Yourself' thread.
Nonetheless, you bear the names (a. your real name and b. your BC name) of two the greatest leaders of the twentieth century from the sub-continent.
Old April 17, 2018, 08:41 AM
Cricket Savant

In regards to Bangladesh's Independence history (between the timeline of 1967-1975), a new reader/searcher should read on Siraj Sikdar (RIP), Col. Taher (RIP) and Kader Siddique (aka Tiger Siddique/Bagha Kader), Abdul Kuddus Makhan (RIP) and Nur-e Alam Siddique
Old April 17, 2018, 09:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:

I am just curious, is your mom by any chance the great artist/sculptor Shamim Sikdar? .
My friends class mate's mother is Shamim Sikder. She would come to pick up her daughter in track suits, she was quite a character. By any chance do you know their family?
Old April 17, 2018, 09:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheikh_Saheb

-
Siraj
Read on Operation Search Light and you will be shocked that the Pakistani army was as ruthless as Hitler's army in terms of killing innocent people. The Blood telegram also fell on deaf US ears as their allies at the time were Pakistan.
Old April 17, 2018, 09:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Dear guys,

It is absolutely not cool, appropriate or acceptable to address any person or group of people with derogatory names or terms. We know that British Pakistanis in England are often called as 'Pakis' by racist people over there to belittle the sub-continental British. It is NOT cool to hurt or insult your fellow man or any living being, God's creation by insult even if you or I are atheist for that matter. And it is absolutely not acceptable, just like we Bangladeshis would not tolerate being addressed as 'Bangers' or 'Bangis' or 'Bangla' or whatever. Call a Pakistani a Pakistani, and a Bangladeshi a Bangladeshi or Bangali and Bengali is fine too.
Also calling anyone Paki or Malu is absolutely against banglacricket.com forum rules.
I agree that you shouldnt address people by such racial names. Its racist and idiotic to do so IMO.

But during the BD vs Ind T20 final recently in Sri Lanka a so called Bangladesh as Chokledesh after the defeat. I feel that it is as bad if not worse than calling others racially incorrect labels like what you have mentioned.

You wouldnt tolerate if someone was making fun of your Mother's name, how people could let bypass of others calling our Motherland's name like that is kind of disappointing
Old April 17, 2018, 09:55 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
I agree that you shouldnt address people by such racial names. Its racist and idiotic to do so IMO.

But during the BD vs Ind T20 final recently in Sri Lanka a so called Bangladesh as Chokledesh after the defeat. I feel that it is as bad if not worse than calling others racially incorrect labels like what you have mentioned.

You wouldn't tolerate if someone was making fun of your Mother's name, how people could let bypass of others calling our Motherland's name like that is kind of disappointing
Absolutely! That is absolutely unacceptable. At the end of the day, you know that it is always the most pathetic, loser and most unsecured ones that call people insulting names, hurl insults, attack and abuse the lone and the defeated. Because they simply lack class, self dignity and grandure - because if one has self dignity, he or she shall never belittle another.

Quote:
Read on Operation Search Light and you will be shocked that the Pakistani army was as ruthless as Hitler's army in terms of killing innocent people. The Blood telegram also fell on deaf US ears as their allies at the time were Pakistan.
Excellent suggestions! Operation Search Light.

Quote:
My friends class mate's mother is Shamim Sikder. She would come to pick up her daughter in track suits, she was quite a character. By any chance do you know their family?
Adam bhaiya, Shamim khala is a very distant aunt of mine. I believe she is a blue belt Karate and Judo martial artist. She kicked some loser maastaans' (4 of them) butts in front of the Malibagh Mouchak Market in 1976, literally like FDC Bangla movie, those losers insulted her, because she was wearing jeans and a tie-dye t-shirt. I was a little boy back then. Later I started to worship her personality. I admired her courage and adored her sculptural work in the 80's as an aspiring architect myself. Siraj Sikdar mama once took refuge in our house in 1973 I believe for 2 nights, while he was on the run as a Nakshaal leader. He ate roti and fish for dinner in our house. He was murdered along with a few of his comrades soon after that, I believe in Kushtia or Jessore.
Old April 17, 2018, 10:16 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:

Excellent suggestions! Operation Search Light.
For others this is the code name that the Pakistani army used for their ethnic cleansing operation when they started killing all civilians.

Quote:

Adam bhaiya, Shamim khala is a very distant aunt of mine. I believe she is a blue belt Karate and Judo martial artist. She kicked some loser maastaans' (4 of them) butts in front of the Malibagh Mouchak Market in 1976, literally like FDC Bangla movie, those losers insulted her, because she was wearing jeans and a tie-dye t-shirt. I was a little boy back then. Later I started to worship her personality. I admired her courage and adored her sculptural work in the 80's as an aspiring architect myself. Siraj Sikdar mama once took refuge in our house in 1973 I believe for 2 nights, while he was on the run as a Nakshaal leader. He ate roti and fish for dinner in our house. He was murdered along with a few of his comrades soon after that, I believe in Kushtia or Jessore.
I wouldnt want to mess with that lady. Even in the early 1990s she looked pretty scary to me as a young teenager But she is definitely multi talented. Sad to hear about your Uncle. I am assuming Shuvro Bhai is your cousin.