facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

View Poll Results: Who is the Worst Ever BD Prime-Minister?
Tajuddin Ahmed 0 0%
Mujibur Rahman 5 14.71%
Mohammad Mansoor Ali 0 0%
Mashiur Rahman 0 0%
Shah Azizur Rahman 1 2.94%
Ataur Rahman Khan 0 0%
Mizanur Rahman Chowdhury 0 0%
Moudud Ahmed 1 2.94%
Kazi Zafar Ahmed 1 2.94%
Khaleda Zia 16 47.06%
Sheikh Hasina Wajed 15 44.12%
Mohammad Habibur Rahman 1 2.94%
Latifur Rahman 1 2.94%
All of our leaders are bad/None of our leaders are bad 2 5.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 27, 2006, 07:51 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful
Default Worst Ever Bangladesh Prime-Minister

There are elections coming up in Bangladesh (if my memory serves me correctly) and to compliment the 'controversial' event, I thought it would be quite interseting to see who the BD Cricket members think is the worst leader in our country's history...

(P.S-In the poll some of the names are completely nes to me. I will try my best to give a link to each one, probably via wikipedia)

Old September 27, 2006, 08:02 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Tajuddin Ahmed-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tajuddin_Ahmed
Mujibur Rahman-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mujibur_Rahman
Mohammad Mansoor Ali-Can't find a significant link
Mashiur Rahman-Can't find a significant link
Shah Azizur Rahman-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shah_Azizur_Rahman
Ataur Rahman Khan-Can't find a significant link
Mizanur Rahman Chowdhury-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mizanur_Rahman_Chowdhury
Moudud Ahmed-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moudud_Ahmed
Kazi Zafar Ahmed-Can't find a significant link
Khaleda Zia-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khaleda_Zia
Sheikh Hasina Wajed-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheikh_Hasina_Wajed
Mohammad Habibur Rahman-Can't find a significant link
Latifur Rahman-Can't find a significant link

P.S-In regards to Latifur Rahman and Mohammad Habibur Rahman, I am not sure if they were PMs.
Old September 27, 2006, 09:01 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

All the leaders are equally bad, in my opinion, with the exception that Bangabondhu was a good opposition leader and his contribution in the liberation of the country is unforgetable. however, his performance as a prime minister/president was probably the worst.
I would probably rate Zia higher than him as a president, even after all the bad things he did, he also did some good things. everyone else, only did bad things as president/prime minister.
Old September 27, 2006, 09:02 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Awami league's website - http://www.albd.org/
Looks neat and very "informative"

BNP's website - http://www.bnpbd.com/
Looks tacky and under construction
Old September 27, 2006, 09:06 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Khaleda Hasina reigns supreme.
Those two [...edited...] wins the race by miles.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]

Last edited by Ahmed_B; September 27, 2006 at 12:50 PM.. Reason: mod.content: dont write something that needs to be edited.
Old September 27, 2006, 09:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
All the leaders are equally bad, in my opinion, with the exception that Bangabondhu was a good opposition leader and his contribution in the liberation of the country is unforgetable. however, his performance as a prime minister/president was probably the worst.
I would probably rate Zia higher than him as a president, even after all the bad things he did, he also did some good things. everyone else, only did bad things as president/prime minister.
After the independence it was a mamooth task to build up the country. And many people might say that Bangabandhu was a bad leader, but did we give him much time to do something? Three years was enough? The person who loved his land, his people, we just killed him. It is shame, equally it is a crime. Again it is a responsibility for us to bring the culprits into justice who were involved with his murder. We could not do that in 31 yrs, I doubt we will be able to do it. What a shame.

Again if want to rank Mr Zia ahead of Bangabandhu then I won't say anything. Somehow Mr Zia said nothing when the army people who approached to him asking whether they should kill Bangabandhu, Mr Zia was silent and in real world silence means 'yes'. Afterwards Mr Zia suffered the same fate,প্রকৃতি অনিয়ম সহ্য করেনা।

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old September 27, 2006, 11:02 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Mr. Holmes Vai, where exactly did I say that masacre was justified? Of course it was a terrible thing, and it is a shame that those people never got punished. Agree 110% on that. But where is the connection bro? I am talking about what he did from 72-74, not how he died.

But I do disagree with the fact that he was not given enough time and that is why his deeds in that period looks bad (if that is what you are trying to say). His 'Shadharon Khama' for the rajakars is one of the root cause of the country's ruin. if he could not punish them because of the situation, he should not have block the path for the next generation to punish them. It is 10000 time more shame for us that we could not punish the rajakar than that we could not punish the killers of bangabondhu.

secondly, a country takes time to build up after a war is a weak argument. bangladesh is not the only country that had a war. look at germany, how long it took for them to be a strong country after such a huge war? how long it took for japan? we could not get rid of a 9 month war's scar in 35 years. there is no sign either, we are getting worse.

being a leader to unite people is one thing, and running a country is another. in my opinion, bangabandhu had 100% on first and 0 on the 2nd.
Old September 27, 2006, 11:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

The roles to play for the country by Ershad and Zia's prime ministers are different form the other bunch of prime ministers. Ershad's and Zia's were just puppet. Rest of them had/have something to play. Anyway, all of them are a bunch of selfish, they never thought/cared the country, peoples. They cared only thier kith and kin and a bunch of chamcha.
Old September 27, 2006, 12:06 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Sorry for the off topic discussion. This is what I know and feel.

I hail Mujib for the shadaron khoma. That was a good thing he did. Stoped from an internal blood shed. The place he failed was to unite the people and control his sons and subordinates. He was such a figure then that if he said to the people I want this this this to be done they would have done it without even thinking twice. He had that much control over every citizen of bangladesh. The order of surrendering arms were weak. His own men did not give up those prize equipments. A person owning a LMG at that time thought he was the law. His rokkhi bahini was the final straw for people losing trust on him. His two sons didn't help him build the country but ruin it. He was too nice, too soft, didn't wanted to ruffle too many feathers. If only he were firm (say like Mahatir) Bangladesh may have taken off towards the developed country right then and there.
Old September 27, 2006, 12:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
Awami league's website - http://www.albd.org/
Looks neat and very "informative"

BNP's website - http://www.bnpbd.com/
Looks tacky and under construction
The BNP site is a good reflection of "under construction" leadership in the party!
Old September 27, 2006, 03:38 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye

I hail Mujib for the shadaron khoma. That was a good thing he did. Stoped from an internal blood shed. The place he failed was to unite the people and control his sons and subordinates. He was such a figure then that if he said to the people I want this this this to be done they would have done it without even thinking twice. He had that much control over every citizen of bangladesh. The order of surrendering arms were weak. His own men did not give up those prize equipments. A person owning a LMG at that time thought he was the law. His rokkhi bahini was the final straw for people losing trust on him. His two sons didn't help him build the country but ruin it. He was too nice, too soft, didn't wanted to ruffle too many feathers. If only he were firm (say like Mahatir) Bangladesh may have taken off towards the developed country right then and there.
I dislike Mujib for the same thing. His weak leadership failed to take a clear stand against the war criminals and created division in Bangladesh which is still preventing Bangladesh's progress.

Still, awami league is dividing Bangladeshi people as স্বাধীনতার পক্ষ শক্তি আর বিপক্ষ শক্তি, as a result we are not working from a united Bangladeshi front. If this problem was solved after independence, we could have done lot better as a country.

Irony is, Sheikh Mujib forgiven the war criminals and his party is making everyday mess and destruction demanding their punishment
Old September 27, 2006, 05:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_pagol
The BNP site is a good reflection of "under construction" leadership in the party!
Agree.

And the BAL party website shows some great pics of the infamous "Hijra Bahini" in action....
Old September 27, 2006, 06:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye

His rokkhi bahini was the final straw for people losing trust on him.
I think, creation the One-Party democratic system was the final straw that broke the camel's back. As you may know, the Rokkhi Bahini was created early on. Rokkhi or no Rokkhi Bahini, the gun-toting thugs were giving him the bad name anyways. Pretty much every one of these commanders had his own Bahini: Kutub bahini, Patel Bahini etc...

One thing to say about the "Shadharon khoma", I belive today, that the most essential part of that declaration should have been a constitutional amendment clearly stating: "Regardless of the pardon, the known collaborators would never ever, in their lifetime, be able to hold a public office, elected or selected". This clause is sorely missing.

The unravelling of Mujib came under the auspices of "বৈজ্ঞানিক সমাজতন্ত্র" , military and probably the CIA. Mujib's sons were not all that bad, contrary to the Jashod propaganda against them. For one, the story of the bank robbery was very likely an overblown, sensationalized news that went far beyond the truth.

The mass murder, was in part, overreaction due to personal grudge of some military members. Its a pity and a a shame that the Awamis themselves failed to bring a closure to the incindent, when they came back to power.
Old September 27, 2006, 08:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

I have not seen the things that happend after liberation and I only want to comment based on what I saw and understood. I was old enough and able to understand enough to judge the politicians since the early 90's. So I had only had the "privilege" to witness mainly Khaleda zia and Sheikh Hasina along with the caretaker governments. My vote for the worst PM from personal observation would have to be Sheikh Hasina with Khaleda Zia running very close by only for the massive looting her government has done this term. Howwever nothing comes close to the destruction Sheikh hasina unleashed during her tenure. I blame her squarely for the terrible law and order situation in Bangladesh now. It could be that she is a weak leader or culd be she herself is a bad person but I am not in a position to judge that because I do not know her personally but she takes the cake as the worst PM of Bangladesh since the 90's.
Old September 27, 2006, 09:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
Mr. Holmes Vai, where exactly did I say that masacre was justified? Of course it was a terrible thing, and it is a shame that those people never got punished. Agree 110% on that. But where is the connection bro? I am talking about what he did from 72-74, not how he died.

But I do disagree with the fact that he was not given enough time and that is why his deeds in that period looks bad (if that is what you are trying to say). His 'Shadharon Khama' for the rajakars is one of the root cause of the country's ruin. if he could not punish them because of the situation, he should not have block the path for the next generation to punish them. It is 10000 time more shame for us that we could not punish the rajakar than that we could not punish the killers of bangabondhu.

secondly, a country takes time to build up after a war is a weak argument. bangladesh is not the only country that had a war. look at germany, how long it took for them to be a strong country after such a huge war? how long it took for japan? we could not get rid of a 9 month war's scar in 35 years. there is no sign either, we are getting worse.

being a leader to unite people is one thing, and running a country is another. in my opinion, bangabandhu had 100% on first and 0 on the 2nd.
I don't know whether Shadharon khoma was a bad decision and I don't know what I would have done if I was in that type of situation. But in reality it was not a good decision at all. It gave some people to do harm.

I do agree that some of his decisions were wrong but after all how we will judge him? Do you think 4 years enough for a newly borne conuntry's prime minister? A lot was expected to him its true but at the same time you gotta consider how difficult the situation was. A country takes time to build up after a war is a weak argument - it is not true Rubu bhai. Bangabandhu got 3/4 years and did Germany improve in 4 years? They took quite a long time to come in this position. And its been more than half of a century. We have no sign its true but did Bangabandhu get 50 years and did he fail to make our country as like Germany? No. We did not give him much time.

We all are human being, we all have good and bad sides, we all have weakness and strenght. But can you actually judge a leader based on few decisions? After all it was he who gave us dream, a dream of Bangladesh.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old September 27, 2006, 10:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Sadly today AL does not contain the true colour of Bangabandhu. They have deviated from their way, sometimes they try to go back to their own way but they cannot do that for some reasons. And as Miraz bhai said they say স্বাধীন্তার পক্ষের শক্তি এবং স্বাধীনতার বিপক্ষের শক্তি which severely divides people and the whole country. I don't believe that we will find too many people who are against our independence, so there is no point of talking about this. Moreover it looks very odd that after so many years of the independence still we are shouting about that, still we are not united.

Acutally AL deviated a lot, in such extent that they forgot how to respect the law, the people. Otherwise they could have finished the Bangabandhu murder caase and some other issues.

Old September 27, 2006, 10:52 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Alastair Cook

When did we have all those leaders, i thought only these 2 stupid ladies f`d up our country.
Old September 28, 2006, 04:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

I dont remember having those leader with the exception of ershad, mujib, khaleda, hasina and zia.

And caretaker prime minister doesnt count much.
Old September 29, 2006, 04:58 PM
First Class Cricketer

I think the argument that Muzib got less time is a weak one. No one was expecting him to do miracle. I think the direction the country was going is what brought his demise. The one party system, the famous "Rokkhi Bahini", and the behavior of his close family and friends are the root cause that he was killed. Don't get me wrong...I don't support the killing. But there comes a time in every person’s life when he/she can really do things that he/she could never have done at any other time. As a nation, I think we're in such a situation in 1974.fficeffice" />

But what happened since then? We really didn't change the common faces near the top of power in ffice:smarttags" />Bangladesh. And this talk of "Muktijuddher Pokkho/Bipokkho" is the last thing we need in Bangladesh now. The new generation of Bangladesh wasn't even born in 1971. How can they be anti independence? I think we need to unite the people and look for a democratic process. I believe any individual can be wrong. But a nation, a group of people can never be wrong. If tomorrow in a free and fair election, the majority of Bangladeshis decide to vote against our independence, then that's what they want. There is nothing wrong with that. That's what democracy is. It gives voice to everybody and the most common voice is always heard.

By the way, I also believe, no matter what, or how long after liberation, so called Rajakar bahini will never come to power in Bangladesh. The majority will never bring them to power.
Old September 30, 2006, 12:44 AM
Test Cricketer

bangladesh was in terrible conditon after the war. people had weapons in their hand. we did not know how to run a country. bangobundu was a great leader he united our people and won independence for our country. but i think his biggest mistake was becoming prime minister after the independence. i think he should have just left that job to tajuddin. he could have been like mahatma ghandi. after the independence he just lost control of the country but the truth is he did not have enough time to rebuild bangladesh. three and half year is just not enough time to rebuild a country after a war. as far as forgiving those rajakar. when our prophet won back mecca he forgave the people of mecca as well. so what is so wrong is bangobundu forgiving the rajakars? its a tragedy how he died but he is without a doubt the father of the nation and without him i dont know if we would have bangladesh even now.
during 96-2001 awami league government made alot of mistakes. but they are still better then bnp government. sheik hasina is much better then khaleda zia. khaleda zia needs to worry more about running the country then her hair and makeup. looking at that lady makes me want to throwup. i have never seen a grandmother who dresses like that. and her son is the biggest thief in bangladesh. i know people whose land he tookover for his own personal use. compare to him sheik hasinas kids r thousands time better.
personally i hope awami league wins this election. and the way people are angry at this government even with ershad in their side bnp may lose.
Old September 30, 2006, 05:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

mujibur rahman(even though he was president and not prime minister) and captain monsur ali were the best leaders..

sheikh hasina and khalada r the worst definetly...
Old September 30, 2006, 05:42 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yameen
mujibur rahman(even though he was president and not prime minister) and captain monsur ali were the best leaders..

sheikh hasina and khalada r the worst definetly...
Probably you missed a part of the history. Very bad, I know you are the relative of one of our national leader .
Sheikh Mujib was president for a brief period after independence ( Upto 12 Januray 1972). Later he took the charge of the country as the prime minister (From 13 January 1972 to 26 January 1975). After the controversial Bakshal reform, he again took the charge as President.

Click here for the prime ministers list
Old September 30, 2006, 04:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

oops ma bad, thanks miraz 4 that
Old October 1, 2006, 09:40 PM
First Class Cricketer

Sorry to disagree with you. Muzib or Awami League DID NOT bring the independence of Bangladesh. People of Bangladesh did that. In muktibahini, there was no awami league or Jasod or any other party. Muktibahini was and is known as Muktibahini.

My second point is, it's not what Muzib achieved in three and half years. It's about the direction he was taking the country. He was such a leader at that time, right after independence, people of Bangladesh could have done anything and everything for him. He wasted that opportunity to accomodate some of the stupidest people in the party. Unfortunately, those people are still in leading positions in Awami League.

People had arms in 1971? What do they have now? Lathi? or flower? This must be a joke to use arms as an excuse. No one leader since 1971 had the kind of command over the people of Bangladesh as Muzib did. The truth is he sucked as the leader of independent Bangladesh. This does not make him any less of a leader in pre-independence Bangladesh. But some people just could not accept it.

Personally, I agree with a lot of you that Hasina-Kaleda are the worst possible leaders of Bangladesh. But in between them, I'd prefer Khaleda anytime. I couldn't forget the situation when Hasina and Awami league came to power in 1996. Those 5 years were the worst 5 years of post Ershad ira. BNP and Khaleda had never been that vindictive.
Old October 1, 2006, 10:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

jamon desh tamon public...

We keep blaming the politicians but seldom look the bad side of our jonota...