facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 28, 2007, 03:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangladeshCricket
True on that, Farhad was not given chance, but what I heard/read from this forum his pace is like chacha, we saw how Bermuda batsman go after Aftab that day...
Here is my opinion about that:

1. Chacha used to bowl 10 overs for us. With our current team composition, we don't need Farhad to bowl 10 overs, but 5+ overs.
2. Farhad is already a much better batsman than Chacha.
3. Farhad is not your future opeining bowler. He is you 3rd pacer at best, 4th pacer in pace friendly pitch.
4. Right now Farhad's strength is his batting
5. I don't think Farhad's pace is too much slower than Rasel. You can get away and squueeze some ecomical overs without speed if you can swing a bit and bowl in line and length.
6. In game with Bermuda, speed was not the only issue. Aftab was squashed, not because of this speed, becuase he was rusty and was not used at all in recent games. In the same game Mukkadem Bhai created terror with a speed of 75+ MPH.

I think in ODI specially in batting pitch, speed is over rated, unless you bowl close to 100 MPH. Its more important the ball swings, they bowl in line and length, bowler use brain i.e. they adjust to batsman's batting strategy.

However it's useless to talk about Farhad, he is not in the team.

Last edited by Fazal; March 28, 2007 at 03:13 PM..

Old March 28, 2007, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrounder
Here is another allrounder option for you all:
Hasibul Hossain not out 61 98 67 10 0 91.04

Hasibul Hossain 6.0
http://india-bangladesh.cricket.deep...DI.html#scores
Old March 28, 2007, 06:02 PM
First Class Cricketer

I am for having an extra bowler in the team and Rajib seems to be our best option. The reason i am for it is because in the game against Sri-Lanka, the BD bowlers were getting hammered and Basher seemed to have been out of options. He kept playing the same bowlers over after over. It would have been wise to have a third option available.
Old March 28, 2007, 06:09 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ockey
I am for having an extra bowler in the team and Rajib seems to be our best option. The reason i am for it is because in the game against Sri-Lanka, the BD bowlers were getting hammered and Basher seemed to have been out of options. He kept playing the same bowlers over after over. It would have been wise to have a third option available.
I hope we will see some adjustment in the bowling dept in the next match. or the SLAs will go ....
Old March 31, 2007, 05:24 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

We surely need an additional bowler (Pacer/Rajib) and drop SN. Last 4 games team is playing without him. Anytime a bowler may collapse, we definitely need 6 bowlers. We have saki very good with bat, Mash reasonable with bat, Rasel reasonable with bat and razaq, rafiq all can also contribute a bit with the bat when needed. This will make the team more agressive. Let SN come back with some weaker opponent later after some practice. He is badly out of form.