facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 21, 2009, 07:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default Geert Wilders to be prosecuted

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/eu...ion/index.html

the producer of an rabidly anti-muslim film will be prosecuted for "inciting hatred" and rightfully so. not only does his film take things completely, and i mean completely, out of context, but i am sure there are outright non-truths in it as well.

very good move, IMO, by the dutch just when u lose faith in them.

it will be interesting to follow this and see if anything will come out of it. nonetheless its a start.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old January 22, 2009, 01:17 PM
ODI Cricketer

I think money talks. Since the cartoons and the film, there has been a pretty big movement to ditch Dennis and Dutch products all around the world by muslims. It was hurting them, even more so because of the already declining economy. They had to do something to sale their products again.
Old January 22, 2009, 01:50 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Very well said Tokai. Money talks.
Seems like they are on a damage control, or may have woken up from a long big slumber on certain issues.

Also with the recent Israeli onslaught on Gaza, i think its a first step for western govt to distant themselves from what seems to be an ongoing discriminisation against Muslims.

I'd assume there are many more to follow.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old January 22, 2009, 04:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

The problem with the west is that, in the name of 'liberalism', they've hurt Christianity beyond imagination. And why did it go that far? Simply because, in the name of 'liberalism', this was allowed.

Mockery of religious figures like Jesus, Prophet Mohammad, and many others have happened. The only exception being, when it came to Prophet Mohammad, it was always met with fierce criticisms throughout the world - thanks to the overly short-tempered Muslims. This is probably the only reason why Muslims around the world deserve a round of applause.

To come to my point - it's not good to hurt anyone's religious beliefs. That's perhaps one of the reasons why I haven't watched the movie 'Da Vinci Code'. But what really baffles me is how many people went crazy over this movie. Had it been about Islam, the movie and the movie maker would've had a different fate altogether.

There has to be apoint where mockery about religion has to stop. And in that case, the fact that we, the Muslims, speak out at these mockeries when it comes to Islam...is actually a good thing.

PS. But at the same time, it's us who do many things that are not allowed in Islam...in the name of liberalism.
Old January 24, 2009, 07:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

the film is problematic in many aspects, yet the fanaticism often at display in condemnation of supposed insults to islam are equally problematic. when i walked across the park earlier today, i noticed a c shaped turd perched on top of a semi rotten leaf. one glance was sufficient for me to avoid it and not even think about what i saw. if the general muslim populace ignore the cinematic efforts of wilders, it would turn into what i saw in the park. wilders aspires notoriety. talking about him, talking about his publications and productions offer him the very podium that we want to sweep away from underneath his crooked feet. that in itself would spell the demise of the likes of him as well as the racism that is presently being expressed under the guise of islamophobia.
Old January 25, 2009, 03:24 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck
the film is problematic in many aspects, yet the fanaticism often at display in condemnation of supposed insults to islam are equally problematic. when i walked across the park earlier today, i noticed a c shaped turd perched on top of a semi rotten leaf. one glance was sufficient for me to avoid it and not even think about what i saw. if the general muslim populace ignore the cinematic efforts of wilders, it would turn into what i saw in the park. wilders aspires notoriety. talking about him, talking about his publications and productions offer him the very podium that we want to sweep away from underneath his crooked feet. that in itself would spell the demise of the likes of him as well as the racism that is presently being expressed under the guise of islamophobia.
thats one way to look at it. and it is true that the film (or any propoganda) has a very low success rate in terms of persuasion capability. most people who buy into the ideology of "fitna" already bought into it. and those who would call it "rubbish" would have said that before they watched the movie. this is undoubtedly true.

but the clearest indicator of whether its working or not is to see what happens. is wilders upset at the prosecution or does he embrace it for whatever reason? since he clearly views it in a negative light, our job is done. we must simply do whatever negates him. especially since this is actually working withing the law and establishment.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 29, 2009, 04:27 PM
BC Editorial Team

Puck, were it the world was more enlightened but the vast mass of sheeple are not capable of ignoring provocation and people like Wilder use that!
Old January 29, 2009, 09:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

if you seriously want to attack islam, use wisdom and intellect, this guy got what he deserved!

i used to attack islam this way, i ended up loving it