facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 19, 2009, 08:51 PM
Street Cricketer

Mash is the caps and sakib is the vice caps thats my selection

Old January 19, 2009, 09:20 PM
Cricket Legend

That was a GREAT post by Billah bhai. Spoke my mind. Age does play a BIG role in batting, more so than bowling.
Old January 19, 2009, 10:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Just because we want to see Sakib shining doesnt mean we should not make him the captain.. well, if Ash makes stupid decisions like batting first or sending a rookie bowler to bowl crucial overs,, performances from Sakib/Mashrafee will mean nothing. Are there any other logical rationale that precludes him from being a captain?

Captaincy is about how you read the game, who has the respect and support from the players and and who can lead with performance... And that makes either Sakib or Mashrafee the choice. Sakib has led numerous practice matches with success and led from front. Even before Ashraful was made the captain,, he was a fluke. He will remain a fluke and not improve. He has played over 130 matches and he still does the same mistakes. I am not sure why Sakib or Mashrafee was not made the captain in the first place. There are many threads about why Ashraful should be kicked out but if there was one player who has been the real super consistent star of BD cricket to date.. its Sakib Al Hasan. And the next person is Mashrafee. If there was ever a most inconsistent player in BD cricket history,, it is Feluda Md. Ashraful .. sorry thats the truth!!
Old January 20, 2009, 02:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain/Dale Steyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by billah
Over and over, we hear the horrible stories of one problem - "Batting Failure". Over and over, we hear the possible/probable cause: "Shot-selection". Well, "Shot-selection" is not just skill, not just intuition. "Shot selection" is a decision-making process.The decision-making process of a "cumulative" top-middle order brain that is averaging about 20 years is quite different than that of a 30-ish one.

It's the coach.
It's the skipper.
It's Junaid
Sack this guy, sack that guy.

We've heard it all.

Ranjit Fernando was sharing: Sri Lankans, before becoming a Test nation, used to play a lot of 4-day matches. Players such as Ranatunga, Mendis were quite prone to playing long, arduous, innings well before they started playing Tests - the only arena where you can get a lot of time in the middle against quality bowling.

When that 20-ish cerebral cortex gets to be 30-ish, this batting demon will mitigate itself - my humble opinion. We need to back our "kids" wholeheartedly. We need to give them tenure. Worship their primary success - you get Shahriar Nafees type flops. Drop too many of them - you end up with a team with even hotter head.

We are passing, of all things, a time of development. It will pass. So will the batting, I mean decision-making issues. Soon enough, soon enough - we'll see consistency, repeated success and more so - substantial averages from our future batting stars.

DW, towards the end of his tenure - was pretty much giving motivational speeches every now and then. Salauddin bhai was doing much of the daily trainings with the players. JS is very much hands on. He's been a "process" coach from just about day one. Very different in style, yet, success of these two coaching era can not be much different from each other. Next coach, I suppose, would probably be looking for a genetic disorder for the batting failure. Point is, methods of the coach will become less of an issue as we become more success-prone with time.

Time. Let them mature. Diamonds in the rough. Every one of these kids.

I often think of the lives of these kids. Yes, there is glamour, money, air travel, fancy hotel, autograph etc. etc. But imagine yourself as Ash. Where is your young adulthood? How does it feel to stand under the beating sun in Multan, helplessly staring at sure defeat, being deliberately hit by Inzamam, while fielding at silly point? How does it feel to come home after these heavy beatings? How fast do these kids have to mature to handle the pressure? Injuries, insults and what not....

I love every one of them. I respect them deeply.
They will succeed.
In time.
write a book.
Old January 20, 2009, 03:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

only I can say that SHAKIB needs more years to take up the captaincy, he rather shine up and get experienced.
Old January 20, 2009, 04:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

just because BD is a test nation doesn't mean they can't play lots of 4-day cricket throughout the year against quality opposition. time to schedule lots of 4-day cricket against quality opposition whether it be the national team, the A team or the academy team. as to shakib for captaincy, it's really really tempting but my gut says give him more time.
Old January 20, 2009, 04:26 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by azizmd
Mash is the caps and sakib is the vice caps thats my selection
Agree.
But it could be Ash for vice caps.
Old January 20, 2009, 04:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

i think we shouldnt ruin shakib like ashraful even though he seems lik captaincy material. Mash is too injury prone. I think another candidate for at least test captain is definetly mushifiqur rahim. He is a keeper batsman and it puts less pressure on him on the field.