facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 23, 2018, 11:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Rifat re magna paiya shobai ask imam forum shuru kore felse. Amio kisu korsi lol. Jai hok. Kathgora te Rifat, dhormo nah. I wanna know more about the man.

Bolo Rifat —

1) jibone koita prem korso?
2) why are you a Shafiul fan? Maybe I am wrong but thought you said you like him.
3) tumi ki khali east coast thakba? Move korar kono plan ase?
4) how many kids do you want and why is it more than five?
5) koi chilla lagaiso? Next kobe 40 days jaba
1) at least two.
2) I will always remember what Shafiul did to England in World cup 2011. plus I have seen him swing the bowl few times.
3) Yes, I have plans to move.
4) ever since I was young, I have always wanted two kids, a boy a girl. insha Allah some day.
5) 0. maybe someday insha Allah.

Old January 24, 2018, 03:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Dear SportingBD,

First and foremost, all praises and thanks due to Allah who has given us the opportunity to be freed from Hellfire with his blessed deen(way of life) of Islam.

second of All, may Allah forgive all of us for our shortcomings and mistakes. the following words in the post should be taken with a grain of salt as I am not qualified in the Islamic sciences to answer some of the questions.

With all due respect SportingBD brother, the responses to these very important and serious questions will require extensive research and will not do justice to my tongue in cheek type quick paced responses. I am not a Qur'an expert. There are various sciences one must master before interpreting the Qur'an at will. one such very basic requirement is to master the "fusHaa" a.k.a. classical Arabic which I did take a couple of courses with my local imam Alhamdulillah. but that barely scratched the surface of a vast deep ocean of the knowledge of the Qur'an. Please forgive me If none of my answers satisfy you, However I can at least approach the questions you have in a way In order to understand where you are coming from. The following responses are in no way "official Islamic Response". just a disclaimer!

I would first advise learning Classical Arabic, as it is a necessary component to seriously and genuinely learn about Islam (that is just the tip of the iceberg, as in it is necessary but not sufficient). Do not always rely on English translations. Learn from your Local trusted Imam/Teacher who spent years or decades studying this stuff.

1) The first part of the ayah. Allah subhana wa ta'la wants to highlight the Typical human reaction when they are blessed with goods in life. People tend to correlate success in this life with the pleasure of Allah. some people think that they earned everything, meaning they deserve everything they got(forgetting the fact that it is Allah who gave it to them in the first place). some people often conflate piety with success in this life. The reality is thats not always the case. At the same time, some people also conflate misfortune with someone Allah is not pleased with. This is also not always the case. The truth of the matter is that, the Prophets and the ones closest to Allah always goes through the most severe-est of tests. Not honoring Orphans or taking care of the needy may be a reason for Allah subhana wa ta'la to restrict and withhold from your provisions. It is always a good habit to develop a generous mentality to please Allah for it purifies your wealth and it is a means of expiation of sins and Allah puts more barakah(generous increase/bang for your buck) on your wealth and provisions.

2 &3) The Prophet SalAllahu A'laihe wasallam is the final Messenger. there is to be no more revelation after him. I believe during his lifetime Prophet Isa, (Son of Maryam) (A'laihis Salaam) made du'a to Allah that Allah make him amongst the followers of Prophet Mohammad(SalAllahu A'laihe wasallam). Allah accepted this du'a. Jesus, Son of Mary is to return as a follower of Prophet SalAllahu A'laihe wasallam just like one of us. hence, he would be asked to lead the prayer but himself out of humility would ask Imam Mahdi to lead the prayer(that time may be closer to us than we think ...how close? I can't say only Allah knows the future...but over 95% of All minor Signs have been fulfilled and this is it...).
After his return, for some time, Jesus, Son of Mary will rule the world and he will get married and he will die. He will be buried right next to Prophet SalAllahu A'laihe wasallam. According to Qur'an, remember in Surah Ale-Imran(Chapter 3) Jesus, Son of Mary was not crucified. so he is still alive waiting for Allah's command to descend when it's time.

Read the book "End of the World" written by one of my favorite Modern day Muslim Scholars: Mohammad Al A'refe. It should only cost you less than 40 pounds i think.

https://archive.org/details/EndofTheWorld_1101

4) I personally am not an advocate of Learning Islam from TV channels. I am not saying which is right or wrong. me personally, I would go straight to the source(Qur'an and the authentic teachings of Prophet SalAllahu A'laihe wasallam) and I would learn from my local Imam or a very knowledgeabe Local Muslim scholar whom you trust and can befriend and learn from him on a consistent basis. once Allah subhana wa ta'la grants you a solid grasp of deen, you yourself would be able to make a decision and distinguish between truth and falsehood, right from wrong, deception from clarity, genuineness vs. imposters.
Thank you for your valuable input

Also thanks to Tigers_eye for taking time to answer by PM.

May Allah bless you guys with more knowledge and wisdom.
Old January 24, 2018, 06:54 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
2) plus I have seen him swing the bowl few times.
If this is true, He must be called the chef of swing from now on
Old January 24, 2018, 05:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Alright Rifat, Here are questions from me:

1. You are an American, assuming no going back to BD; how much Govt. debt bother you?
2. What problem(s) of BD would you solve if you had a chance? How?
3. You have three recommendation for BCB. What are those?
Old January 24, 2018, 05:59 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Hi Rifat, since you are on the Kathgora, I can ask you anything.

1. How old were you when you first starting following cricket?

2. Have you played any cricket competitively, at age group?

3. Besides BD, what other teams you like? And why.

4. Do you like( or hopeful of) the current crop of young players coming up in the fringe for BD?

5. Do you have an opinion on the state of selecting players who are not performing?

6. Do you think guys who are scoring heaving in the domestic first class scene will ever get a chance at international level?

7. How many more years you think before Bangladesh raise a world cup?

8. BPL needs more teams?

9. How much longer until ESPN starts broadcasting the game in the US, permanently? (You said you work at ESPN)

10. Penélope Cruz or Salma Hayek?

Thanks
Old January 24, 2018, 07:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Alright Rifat, Here are questions from me:

1. You are an American, assuming no going back to BD; how much Govt. debt bother you?
2. What problem(s) of BD would you solve if you had a chance? How?
3. You have three recommendation for BCB. What are those?
1. It bothers me a lot. quite a lot actually. see my response to Roman's question president of USA.

2. I would probably try to launch some form of very radical multi-billionaire infrastructure overhaul project that would make travel super duper easy. It can serve as a template for any city in the world facing similar constraints like Some cities in India, maybe New York City. Elon Musk is the right guy for these kinda jobs anyways.

Probably, If given the opportunity make Public Education super efficient and relevant. I am very anti "mukhosto bidda" (learn by memorization). Education should be about self awareness and learning exactly the skills needed to think on your own and solve complicated problems without being handicapped or always told what to do.It should be skills necessary to succeed in personal life and professional life. I loved the Bollywood Movie "3 idiots" that is one of my inspiration behind this. The truth of the matter is, in the professional world, there are many many many complicated problems out there that needs solving. 9 times out of 10, You have to invent a solution from scratch or come up with your own algorithm. Google search is there just as a supplement to feed you ideas.

Go visit some Madrasas, Talk to religious ministry and see I will offer some suggestions to see what can be changed. Islam is such a wonderful religion. I truly believe that Qur'an offers amazing solutions to many of our day to day practices that can be adopted in the professional world(such as in the field of psychology and many others). In Bangladesh, or some Bangladeshi think tank some people have negative opinion of Islam. Especially from those who are in the "upper echelon of life/holding positions of power"(I sense that from some people in this forum as well) .For Example: you have three kids, the first kid is super brilliant: the parent says, I am gonna make you Dactar(bangla accent, simon miah should be proud ). the second is not as brilliant as the first kid, but just as good, The parent says, I am gonna make you an Engineer. The third child is not too bright, the parent just sends that poor kid to Madrasa. I think this is a type of Insult. If our scholars are dumb, the entire Muslim Ummah is Doomed, giving brain dead fatwas. (Not to downplay the other professions). they will say dumb stuff that will turn people off. I feel like this is what has happened/happening in not just Bangladesh but most parts of the muslim world. Bangladesh/India/Pakistan were colonized by British for over 200 years. some parts of backward thinking still exists within us due to that. for example: skin complexion inferiority, shoving wonderful Islamic teachings on the side... thinking that people with lighter skin are superior over dark skin(whether we agree or not, these teachings are antagonistic to Islamic teachings) we have been brainwashed. There were definitely some good things that came out of Colonization no doubt. but there were many many bad things that came out as well. We were exploited as people, our resources were exploited. In a sense, it is a form of intellectual slavery(the worst kind).

a) Invest heavily in Academy/A team such that we should have 25 fringe players outside the national team or somewhat warming the bench in national colors who regularly travel or play HP units from all over the world. Shakib and Tamim has every right to just say "I quit"/"I resign" I made my money now suck ** *****(last part probably not necessary but they can make such claim). what do we do then?

b) Invest in Specialized Academies. India is a very very good example to look up to in this regard. Part of the reason why India is so successful and can churn out talent like Virat Kohli, Unmukht Chand, Prithvi Shaw day in after day out is because the infrastructure is there. They have a Pace Academy. Bangladesh needs to have these academies not just in Dhaka, but also in places like Chittagong, Sylhet, Rajshahi, Khulna etc. have Bowling Academies, Batting Academies. these are costly operations but it should improve the cricket in the long term

c) invest in more stadiums throughout the country.
Old January 24, 2018, 08:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Hi Rifat, since you are on the Kathgora, I can ask you anything.

1. How old were you when you first starting following cricket?

2. Have you played any cricket competitively, at age group?

3. Besides BD, what other teams you like? And why.

4. Do you like( or hopeful of) the current crop of young players coming up in the fringe for BD?

5. Do you have an opinion on the state of selecting players who are not performing?

6. Do you think guys who are scoring heaving in the domestic first class scene will ever get a chance at international level?

7. How many more years you think before Bangladesh raise a world cup?

8. BPL needs more teams?

9. How much longer until ESPN starts broadcasting the game in the US, permanently? (You said you work at ESPN)

10. Penélope Cruz or Salma Hayek?

Thanks
1) ever since I was a kid, I would watch it/follow it. I grew up with it. There were talks within my family to send me to BKSP due to my overwhelming interest. but my family decided to move to USA. After coming to USA, I did not have proper internet until I was about 16. I found BanglaCricket when I was about 18. I just gave away my age

2) no.

3) New Zealand and South Africa. I love NZ. the country seems really beautiful and the people as well. I can tell those guys have very good character and they are very humble. I also love their competitive fighting spirit. South Africa for similar reasons as I have always been a big fan of Hashim Amla. I have also been a huge fan of Afghanistan Cricket. I sympathize with them and their cause and the state that their poor country was in I also admire their resilient spirit.

4) I do not know the future. In terms of Potential, I can tell you five names from the U-19 crop: Afif, Saif, Pinak, Towhid Hridoy, that medium pacer guy forgot his name. from the batch that graduated, Nazmul Hossain Shanto needs no new introduction. Mosaddek is a genuine Batsmen that can probably walk into England Lions or Australian A team. He needs to be handled properly. It would be super shameful if he turns out like Nasir Hossain or Tushar Imran. Mohammad Mithun can probably chip in as he i think is peaking right now. Very impressed with Saifuddin's batting. Abu Hasan, Ebadat guys like them needs that A team exposure/ playing against the very very best. Mehedi Miraz as well.

5) My thing is fairness. If you made it to the national team, you deserve your fair chances. Once you have been tried for 5 matches in a row without any form of meaningful contribution. then you should not feel ashamed if you are kicked out. for example: even though Sabbir failed with the bat in the last match his 24 off 12 was a very meaningful contribution in the context of the match. just based on that alone, I think he deserves at least a couple more outings.

6) They should get chances regardless of their age. Again, this is where A team/ academy team can fill in.

7) How many years did it take South Africa to lift a world cup? How many years did it take New Zealand to life a World cup? How about England?

8) If you have 5 foreigners within each team then BPL can be expanded to include 8 teams. otherwise I think BPL is improving in many areas since season 1.

9. That is not in my control. There are a lot of factors: Public interest in the game, revenue etc...Broadcasting World cup 2015 was a huge success. I think they might do it again for World cup 2019.

10. Salma Hayek!

Last edited by Rifat; January 30, 2018 at 09:48 AM..
Old January 24, 2018, 08:20 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
1) ever since I was a kid, I would watch it/follow it. I grew up with it. There were talks within my family to send me to BKSP due to my overwhelming interest. but my family decided to move to USA. After coming to USA, I did not have proper internet until I was about 16. I found BanglaCricket when I was about 18. I just gave away my age

2) no.

3) New Zealand and South Africa. I love NZ. the country seems really beautiful and the people as well. I can tell those guys have very good character and they are very humble. I also love their competitive fighting spirit. South Africa for similar reasons as I have always been a big fan of Hashim Amla.

4) I do not know the future. In terms of Potential, I can tell you five names from the U-19 crop: Afif, Saif, Pinak, Towhid Hridoy, that medium pacer guy forgot his name. from the batch that graduated, Nazmul Hossain Shanto needs no new introduction. Mosaddek is a genuine Batsmen that can probably walk into England Lions or Australian A team. He needs to be handled properly. It would be super shameful if he turns out like Nasir Hossain or Tushar Imran. Mohammad Mithun can probably chip in as he i think is peaking right now. Very impressed with Saifuddin's batting. Abu Hasan, Ebadat guys like them needs that A team exposure/ playing against the very very best. Mehedi Miraz as well.

5) My thing is fairness. If you made it to the national team, you deserve your fair chances. Once you have been tried for 5 matches in a row without any form of meaningful contribution. then you should not feel ashamed if you are kicked out. for example: even though Sabbir failed with the bat in the last match his 24 off 12 was a very meaningful contribution in the context of the match. just based on that alone, I think he deserves at least a couple more outings.

6) They should get chances regardless of their age. Again, this is where A team/ academy team can fill in.

7) How many years did it take South Africa to lift a world cup? How many years did it take New Zealand to life a World cup? How about England?

8) If you have 5 foreigners within each team then BPL can be expanded to include 8 teams. otherwise I think BPL is improving in many areas since season 1.

9. That is not in my control. There are a lot of factors: Public interest in the game, revenue etc...Broadcasting World cup 2015 was a huge success. I think they might do it again for World cup 2019.

10. why not both ?

Defendant, you should answer all the questions. The not answer a question with a questions. I hope the judge is taking this into consideration.

Just kidding Rifat bhai. Thank you for answering the questions that u did
Old January 26, 2018, 09:20 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

so whos next?(in bill goldberg voice)
Old January 26, 2018, 09:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
so whos next?(in bill goldberg voice)
Roye hoque.

When the week is up. when are we starting? sundays i guess?
Old January 26, 2018, 10:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Roye hoque.

When the week is up. when are we starting? sundays i guess?
I second this.
Old January 26, 2018, 11:10 AM

I was thinking about BK..
Old January 29, 2018, 12:50 PM
Cricket Savant

So, who is it gonna be this week?
Old January 29, 2018, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
So, who is it gonna be this week?
who do you want? two votes for resident midget lover and one for mental hospital escape artist
Old January 30, 2018, 02:39 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

one world or bk...

roye r ki korbe... khali beat box kore berabe...
Old January 30, 2018, 02:42 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
If this is true, He must be called the chef of swing from now on
I had to do a double take cuz to I was confused as to which of his answer you were quoting.
Old January 30, 2018, 03:03 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
I had to do a double take cuz to I was confused as to which of his answer you were quoting.
Rifat said Shaiful can swing a bowl
Old January 30, 2018, 05:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

I'll vote for Mushys #1 fan to make it 3.
Old January 30, 2018, 07:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
who do you want? two votes for resident midget lover and one for mental hospital escape artist
LOL

this is the problem with us Bangalees.. there is potentially unlimited amount of future time and ppl are debating btween two or three members to put next. After two votes how does name of 3rd or 4th person come about when there are more weeks coming up. it's only tuesday. :p
Old January 30, 2018, 09:47 AM
Cricket Sage

Thank you for Hosting me, B_C . I think It's time to choose a new scapegoat to grill him/her with questions haha. I also vote for Roey_Haque
Old January 30, 2018, 10:26 AM
Cricket Savant

I also vote for Roey of house Haque.

If he doesn't make it in time, I choose Dinraat.
Old January 30, 2018, 11:22 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Old January 30, 2018, 11:43 AM

Ok Roey_Haque it is
Old January 30, 2018, 11:49 AM

I am not sure Roey is active enough to answer questions..May be we should rename the thread to Mushfik in Kathgora, that can attract roey's attention

anyway my questions

1. What happened with your Rap? why dont you post your rap videos anymore? what did we do to deserve this travesty?

2. Other than Rap, which music genres you enjoy?

3. Did you hear the modern generation Bangla alternative rock bands like Black, Nemesis, Arbovirus etc? if yes how would you rate their music?
Old January 30, 2018, 12:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Don't worry, I put out the Bat_Mushy signal. Roey should be here soon.