facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 25, 2012, 08:49 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah ,sakib tamim
Default Mushfiq must lose his captaincy for his decisions

How is in the earth musfiq choose bat first when whole world think batting second would be the best chance for bangladesh to qualify for 2 round , i still cant believe he just through the whole chance away for bangladesh , is just not acceptable at all at anyway , their is noway pakistan could lose by 35 runs if they bat 2 in t20 , i mean even team lyk afganistan lose by only 10 odss runs against big nation in t20 , so i dont know what musfiqur was thinking , but it definitely proofs he is not capable of being a captain

Old September 25, 2012, 08:53 AM
First Class Cricketer

Negative approach. Bangladesh just want to show some performance rather than qualify. Bangladesh never learn.
Old September 26, 2012, 04:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

That's how we roll in BD. One day spinners failed so we used all pacers next game. One day bowling first failed so we batted first the next. Trial and error disregarding logic.
With BD batters' lack of temperament and ability to pace their innngs, they should always bat second and chase down a target against stronger oppositions, at least in T20.
Old September 26, 2012, 04:30 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

We haven't got any option...so I will rather stick with Mushy

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old September 26, 2012, 05:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
We haven't got any option...so I will rather stick with Mushy

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
I do not want Mushy to be sacked....not yet. He's got not much options to work with, garbage in garbage out....he's just the operator. But I do question some of his decisions though; wanting to bat first on a day when there were 2 equations at stake, is not one of them.
I do not believe the decision was his alone....he's not that comfortable in his hot seat yet to make a call like that....I bet they talked about it and decided to bat first just because bowling first failed against NZ. What I question though is his ability to think outside the box. Bowling change such as: who to apply when against which Pak batsmen could have made some impact and could've won the match. Knowing how strong Imran Nazir is against pace bowlers, he opted not to use Razzak as he usually does at the beginning. I know Paks are better players of spin but Imran Nazir’s lack of technique could’ve been exploited by taking the pace of the ball and keeping the trajectory low. I can go on and just as most of you can…
The gist is, Mushy’s captaincy should not be changed yet for blunders like this just because , in his defense, when you have no bowlers to rely on, your ability, as captain and in bowling change, suffers. Confidence is the key and if the captain cannot confide in his players because of the lack of their ability, then changing captain would not help; especially when his replacements aren’t quite Imran Khan material.
Old September 26, 2012, 06:21 PM
Club Cricketer

Who else would you have if not Mush? His basically the last of the thinking players...we have already had mortaza n shakib.

We cant blame him for our bowlers being rubbish really. Pak bowlers couldn't do much bowling 1st so what would our bowlers have done??

Plus I dont think he alone makes the decison whether to bowl or bat. The couching staff must also contribute so I do not think you can blame him alone.
Old September 26, 2012, 07:23 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, De Villiers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG
Who else would you have if not Mush? His basically the last of the thinking players...we have already had mortaza n shakib.

We cant blame him for our bowlers being rubbish really. Pak bowlers couldn't do much bowling 1st so what would our bowlers have done??

Plus I dont think he alone makes the decison whether to bowl or bat. The couching staff must also contribute so I do not think you can blame him alone.
THAT's RIGHT!!!
Old September 26, 2012, 07:28 PM
ODI Cricketer

I would love to know why on earth is mushfiq the captain? Please check his stats as a player and we all know about his average wicket keeping.. I just dont get it
Old September 26, 2012, 07:57 PM
Cricket Legend

There simply isnt anyone in the team to take over captaincy from mushy now.... and its not going back to mash/shak.

But the captaincy took a heavy toll in his batting... he is always nervous and plays half hearted shots...
Old September 27, 2012, 01:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Nobody is "Not Replacable" in this world. Yes for some situation you may have "established' alternative, in other cases there may not be any proven alternatives, but that doesn't mean there is no no alternatives.... they may be risky, there there are alternatives with unknown factors... unless you try...you will never know.

If bangladesh team doesn't have any plan B (for captaincy) in their sleeve, then who is to be blamed? Of-cource its BCB to blame. Why they have a VC in the team then? And how they are using that position grooming Captaincy as Plan-B, that have to be questioned.