facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 27, 2011, 03:48 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose
Default BD vs WI series Oct 2011: USEFUL TIPS FOR BUYING TICKETS

hi everybody. the BD vs WI series is not so far. only two weeks left. lots of you may have started planning to go to the stadium to watch ur favorite players. But for that u need to buy tickets unless u get complimentary tickets from somewhere else.

well lots of us have gone to stadium several times before but there will be somebody new who may be going to the stadium for the first time. for everybody i am going to give some useful advice as lots of us faced some trouble as Grameen Phone forced us to use their MobiCash service to buy tickets.

And as again this time GrameenPhone has been given the responsibility to sell tickets so we have to assume that they will again force us to buy tickets with the Mobicash system. so i will try to make all of u familiar with what we need to do to buy tickets easily with the Mobicash service of grameenphone. first of all i want to remind there are three ways to avoid MOBICASH ticketing

I) buy tickets in the match day morning in long lines or black market.
II) if u have known ppl in GP phone centre, then cpontact with them.
III) collect supplementary tickets from which BCB gives to sponsors and stakeholders

1. Get a Grameen Phone sim: unfortunately u must have a grameenphone connection to buy tickets. u cant buy cricket tickets with mobile phones of other operators. so grab a grameenphone sim, or if u have an unused sim activate it. if u already have one grameenphone then lets proceed.

2. register with MOBICASH: now that u have got ur grameenphone, its time to register with the MOBICASH service. MOBICASH service is a service offered by grameenphone with which u can buy train tickets and cricket tickets easily.

Type TKET from your GP mobile phone and send to 1200. In the reply SMS, you will get your PIN and other instructions. Change the PIN (dial *777*4* default PIN*New PIN of 4 digit*New PIN of 4 digit# from your mobile). Those who are already paying utility bills through BillPay service from their mobiles, need not do this registration process.

for more on MOBICASH or BillPay service visit http://www.grameenphone.com/mobile-l...le/marketplace

3. Plan ur tickets: now you have got registerd to MOBICASH plan start planning whicg games you want to go and keep ur eyes on when the tickets will be out for buying. the prices of tickets have already been published. plan which games u will be going, how many tickets u need and of which type. get ur money ready.

4. Purchasing Tickets: now there are two methods to buy tickets.

i) book e-ticket > pay > buy e-ticket > collect ticket: first you need to book ur ticket by dialling *131*4*1# and follow the instructions. u will need to enter info about the ticket, no of ticket, category of ticket etc etc and after several steps u will get a sms with booking code and amount of taka. then within 1 hour you need to got to a GP customar care centre or BILLPAY BOOTH and pay the amount of taka in ur MOBICASH account. this time dial *131*4*2 and complete buying the e-ticket with the booking code you recieved earlier. you will also have to enter ur collection point. if successful with the steps, you will finally receive ur e-ticket. now go to ur collection within deadline and collect ur paper ticket showing the e-ticket.

ii) pre-pay> buy ticket> get ticket > in this method u can directly buy without booking. first prepay the amount of taka u may need to buy in ur MOBICASH ACCOUNT from a GP customer centre or BILLPAY BOOTH. then dial *131*4*3 and follow the instructions. u will need to enter info about the ticket, no of ticket, category of ticket, collection point etc etc and after several steps if successfull u will get an sms with ur e-ticket. now go to ur collection point and collect ur e-ticket showing the paper ticket.

NOW CONFUSED ABOUT WHICH METHOD TO FOLLOW ???? book first, pay and buy or pay first and then Buy ???? i suggest the later one. there are several reasons. if u book first and then buy you will need to run the USSD codes twice. and it will cost u more. and normally u will have some trouble completing the USSD's. so you will findout ur normal balance is decreasing in this method. and as u r running USSD codes twice you may face twice the trouble. then u will have a timebound of paying within 1 hour of purchasing. GP will suggest you to follow this method so that GP can earn more.

but if u pay first u need to run the USSD codes only once and thus less cost and less trouble. remember, even if u have noy bought tickets u can later use the mone for tickets of other games, train tickets or pay utilty bills.

SO these are my suggestions (perhaps the easiest way)

1. plan how many tickets u want to buy and determine how much it would cost. then load ur MOBICASH account. avoid busy GP centres and specially centres where tickets are sold. because there you will see long line for collecting tickets or even refilling Mobicash accounts. i avoid mirpur 1 and mirpur 10 GPC and load my MOBICASH from a billpay booth in mirpur 1 market. also u can recharge ur mobicash even now as GP centres will be less busy now. if u wish you can load ur money for all the games and you can do it today if u wish.

2. then buy ur tickets directly. i strongly recommend u avoid using a SMARTPHONE while uying ur ticket using USSD code. because in Smartphones i have seen the USSD codes not responding after some steps and specially in the step when it check whether ticket is available and then notifies the amount of money. then u have to restart ur phone to continue again. so i STRONGLY SUGGEST u use a basic nokia set for this purpose. otherwise u may get stuck for a long time running USSD again and again.

3. then if everything is successful then get collect ur tickets.

4. come to BC and share ur experience of buying the tickets. tell us which tickets u have bought and see if somebody else is going to the same sand or not. enjoy the game and post ur experience of game in BC

Old September 27, 2011, 03:58 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

I have tried and failed before, buying tickets thru mobicash that is.
Also because I'm using a smartphone, makes life even difficult for me.

But this thread should be made sticky, till the end of the series and should be resurfaced at the beginning of every series that GP sponsors.

For this series, WALTON is the title sponsor, so not sure how the ticket system will be.

But thanks for your effort Sagar bhai.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old September 27, 2011, 04:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: ShakTikMashNasir(ShakV2)

Yes offstump bhai this is really a good post, thanks for the tips.
Old September 27, 2011, 04:13 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
I have tried and failed before, buying tickets thru mobicash that is.
Also because I'm using a smartphone, makes life even difficult for me.

But this thread should be made sticky, till the end of the series and should be resurfaced at the beginning of every series that GP sponsors.

For this series, WALTON is the title sponsor, so not sure how the ticket system will be.

But thanks for your effort Sagar bhai.
although Walton is title sponsor it has been already decided that GP will sell tickets according to the following link

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=203477
Old September 27, 2011, 04:17 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump

1. plan how many tickets u want to buy and determine how much it would cost. then load ur MOBICASH account. avoid busy GP centres and specially centres where tickets are sold. because there you will see long line for collecting tickets or even refilling Mobicash accounts. i avoid mirpur 1 and mirpur 10 GPC and load my MOBICASH from a billpay booth in mirpur 1 market. also u can recharge ur mobicash even now as GP centres will be less busy now. if u wish you can load ur money for all the games and you can do it today if u wish.
I just cant understand the person who buys ticket through online or mobicash in this case, why does he need to collect paper ticket again ? When he buys, he should receive a notification confirming his transaction with purchase no and seat no. He then just needs to show his Mobile no and confirmation no to get into the stadium. Simple as that.

Paper ticket should be available only those who want to buy tickets by cash 24-48 hours before the game.

If the person who buys ticket online then he has to go again to collect ticket standing in the queue then it does not make any sense.

Anyway, a great post Offstump bhai. Thanks for your time and effort.
Old September 27, 2011, 04:20 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
although Walton is title sponsor it has been already decided that GP will sell tickets.
Thanks for that info again.
Didnt know that.
Old September 27, 2011, 05:07 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
I just cant understand the person who buys ticket through online or mobicash in this case, why does he need to collect paper ticket again ? When he buys, he should receive a notification confirming his transaction with purchase no and seat no. He then just needs to show his Mobile no and confirmation no to get into the stadium. Simple as that.

Paper ticket should be available only those who want to buy tickets by cash 24-48 hours before the game.

If the person who buys ticket online then he has to go again to collect ticket standing in the queue then it does not make any sense.

Anyway, a great post Offstump bhai. Thanks for your time and effort.
Not sure, but I think it's because they dont have an online/electronic system of counter checking any forged to be online tickets.
Old September 27, 2011, 07:16 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Please also give us some useful tips on getting good Lunch like packet Biriyani at the Stadium...where can we eat lunch after we get the ticket?
Old September 28, 2011, 03:27 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Please also give us some useful tips on getting good Lunch like packet Biriyani at the Stadium...where can we eat lunch after we get the ticket?
WC er somoy Stadium er bhitor shob stand er sathei Khabar er dokan hoise .......... pura stadium e sob kisui almosr eki daam er sob stand ei pawa jay ...... apni dhukar somoy chokh, nak ar kaan khola rakhben, specially shiri diye ordhek uthar por daane baame uki deben .... paye jaben

jodi na pan, sekhetre proti over er majhei kheyal rakhben ashe pashe karo haate khabar dabar ase kina .... then taake dhorben je se koi pailo .........
Old October 2, 2011, 01:10 PM
Cricket Legend

T20 match koitay?

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old October 2, 2011, 05:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Seems really unfair to me that you have to be on GP to buy tickets in advance, and the only legal alternative is to stand in long queues in the heat on matchday. But great post nonetheless and very informative and helpful. Good job offstump!
Old October 2, 2011, 09:36 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
T20 match koitay?
cricinfo says 3 PM BD time but its too early for a T20 in BD

well BCB official website says 5-30 PM BDT which is reasonable
looks like the BCB website gave me a good info for the first time in history
Old October 3, 2011, 01:57 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Ticket kobe theke paoa jabe please keu janan.*131# e to cricket tickets name kuno option e nai.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old October 3, 2011, 02:05 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

^^ Most likely a day or two before the match.
So wait till next week.
Old October 3, 2011, 02:17 AM
Street Cricketer

Thanks

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
Old October 3, 2011, 02:18 AM
Street Cricketer

Tket ki mobicash er maddomei paoa jabe?

Old October 3, 2011, 02:18 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:

are u sure 5.30 pm?

Old October 3, 2011, 02:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: ShakTikMashNasir(ShakV2)

The source is mentioned brother.This is the link to BCB official website.
Old October 3, 2011, 11:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Thanks Offstump. But what about the 3rd ODI? It's supposed to be a day night affair, isn't it?

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old October 3, 2011, 01:47 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim44
Tket ki mobicash er maddomei paoa jabe?

please answer.

Old October 3, 2011, 02:04 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Another Nadim on the forum:p wc bro

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old October 3, 2011, 11:04 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Another Nadim on the forum:p wc bro

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
nice to see u. ;-)

Old October 3, 2011, 11:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:

CI: 5PM
Espn3: 7PM
BCB: 5:30

Bujhina konta shothik.
Old October 3, 2011, 11:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

^^ another cricket sage in the making?

Nadim why don't you open a celebration thread in FC to congratulate your younger brother on learning how to type
Old October 3, 2011, 11:54 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Welcome to BC Nadim44.

I suggest you change your nick.
Two Nadims gonna be confusing for everyone, including yourselves.
The Nadim of Old is our Savant and has been here for some time now.
When we speak of Nadim, we refer to him.
So, if you wanna make a name for yourself, better be called something else.