facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 17, 2004, 02:47 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default our team has internal problem

Hi,

When Bob woolmar fixes the problems among players of pakistan team, our coach makes problem with players. Yes, I want to indicate the problem between chacha and whatmore. I guess, we will show this type of poor performance until the problem is solved.

who will solve the problem?

A nice song from Kishor kumar (although hindi) to quote:

"mazadhaar mein naiyyaa dole, to maanzee paar lagaaye
maanzee jo naaw dooboye use kaun bachaaye?"

Edited on, September 17, 2004, 7:47 PM GMT, by songsoptok.

Old September 17, 2004, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

what problem?
Old September 17, 2004, 03:20 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
what problem?
check here:

http://www.bangladesherkhela.com/def...&iCategoryID=1
Old September 18, 2004, 12:01 AM
ODI Cricketer

Default Curious..!!

I've seen a lot of credits/source cited to this 'Bangladesher Khela' magazine.

Not trying to play dumb here..but how reliable (especially respectable) is this publication?'

Before I left BD in late 80s, some of the respectable sports journalists belonged to 'Ittefaq', 'Bichitra (weekly Magazine)' and of course 'Kriralok (sp?).

Thanks to BC, I got to know 'Daily Star' and was pleasantly surprised by the quality and substance of the sports reporting.

Like everywhere else, there must have been an explosion of online publications in BD now.

How many of them are quality products..? I realize that terms like 'quality' and 'respectability' can be totally subjective.

I'm just worried that fans are not taken for a ride by wanna be journalists/publications.

Thank you.

Edited on, September 18, 2004, 5:59 AM GMT, by BushidoTiger.
Old September 18, 2004, 12:57 AM
Cricket Legend

The quality of most of the articles I've read on Bangladesher-Khela seemed below par to me. I didn't like this particular article either. The writer claimed that KM was removed from captaincy/test team because of Whatmore. In reality, it was undoubtedly a good decision. Following his dismal test-match performances and world record bowling average, it was only a matter of time for KM to get the axe. The writers really need to stop their melodramatic crap. It seems as though they are trying to make KM look like the victim here, while totally ignoring his performance and ability (lack of it thereof). I don't know if you came across Shahidul Azom's (or was it Alom?) articles or not. If you didn't, well you didn't miss much. That fella's writing makes me feel like a Rhodes Scholar.
Old September 18, 2004, 01:04 AM
Cricket Legend

lol..........
well i like reading prothom alo's sports reporter i think his name is mostafa mamun or something. e chara motamoti shob paper bishesh kore jugantor ar sports reporter shob cheye bhuwa. jokhon naki dekha jai je akdom je keo jitte pare tokhon ora lekhbe je akdom akdom joyer mukhe. abar jokhon dekha jabe ak dol joyer mukhe tokhon tara lekhe tan tan uttojona biraj korche. and some of these sports writers are just bloody emotional. are bap tumi oi team ke support korba bolai ki tumi ore jitay diba naki. jaita khela hochhe oita bolo.
Old September 18, 2004, 01:07 AM
Test Cricketer

i dont think there r any internal problem in bd team. i think this young guys r all friends of eachother. i dont think there r any grouping or anything like that. it will b an idoitic thing to do to axe khaled mahmud. he should still b odi team captain. he should play for another yr bc there is no replacement. n khaled mahmud proved in this icc trophy that he belongs in the team. i dont think he deserves a spot on the test team though. but you know till today khaled mahmud have the best test bowling record. he did it against pakistan. he took 7 wickets giveing i forgot how many runs but it is the best bowling figure for bd player in any test.
Old September 18, 2004, 01:13 AM
Cricket Legend

"he should still b odi team captain"

sorry aita agree korte parlam na. karon ore captain korle abar oi aki shomoshha hobe. abar form harabe. abar na parbe batting na parbe boling. bechara abar ore pura team theke shorai dibe. tar theke he should be like a chacha of the team. uni hobe gramer murobbir moton. mane captain hobe gramer chairman. ar uni hoben hochhe akdom retire kora school teacher. unio khelbe no problem. he will be in the one day team. but he will just be the think tank i mean he will just give advice. oiii rajin shon tui fielding ai bhabe ai bhabe shaja buchhish......ar golla shono jani tomar boure niye aiso shopping a jaba kono shomoshha nai. kintu akhon please kindly aktu fielding ar dike mon dao. ar ashraful tomar gf re miss call dite mana koro umpire kintu rag hobe. ar na hoi mobileta vibrate a diye dao. mane ai rokom upodesh dibe ar ki. abar 12 number player ke bolbe oi amar sunglass ta paltay deto. oi je mark waugh jaita porto oita niye ai ja.
Old September 18, 2004, 02:02 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

well Bangladesher Khela sometimes takes selected articles from the newspapers, but the most useful thing that they do is publish tomorrow's news tonight - which is good.
Old September 18, 2004, 05:20 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Bandladesher Khela sometimes looks like an Online-Tabloid to me...
I donno wht others think
Old September 19, 2004, 12:30 AM
Cricket Legend

lol................thik bolsen crickethorizon bhai. kemon jani akta chor chor bhab.
Old September 19, 2004, 02:24 PM
First Class Cricketer

Again,

this time shahidul azam in his new article in BK has written about whatmore and sujon. why BK and co give so much emphasis on this matter?
Old September 20, 2004, 01:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Who cares if Sujon doesnt like the coach who cares they can sought it out them selves.
Old September 22, 2004, 12:05 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash,Rafiq,Wasim,Lee,Inzy

.oops:.oops:
Old September 22, 2004, 12:27 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Quote:
this time shahidul azam in his new article in BK has written about whatmore and sujon. why BK and co give so much emphasis on this matter?
It is not only a matter of the BK, every bengali papers have been saying so for a long time now.

Only recently during the Champions Trophy that The Daily Star (& may be others) has come out with the issue so openly.

In short, its the 'talk of the town' among the reporters now a days.
Old September 22, 2004, 05:01 PM
ODI Cricketer

I dunno about you guys, but I have some serious doubts about the quality of Bangladesherkhela's reporting. I have tried reading through a few of Shahidul Azam's writing, and they have some serious issues of breaking some standard journalistic norms. He uses too many 'anecdotes' and he liberally mixes these stories them with his own hyperbole.

I guess he figured 'everyone is PO, so we need to find someone as the scapegoat'. Thats is formula behind some of the recent reports.

btw, bderkhela does do an outstanding job of bringing scores faster than anyone else. They should stick to preporting and fire the bugger who writes such nonsense.