facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old September 20, 2013, 05:44 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash
Default is Olivoilà good? whats a good brand of olive oil in BD?

i am thinking about buying some olive oil for my father. my father is an heart patient and i heard that olive oil is good for heart. but with "Bhejal" everywhere in Bangladesh i am doubtful about getting the original olive oil

i searched in the net and the world's best olive oil brands looks not available in Bangladesh. one brand i found is Olivoilà. is this any good?. has anybody used this?

anybody know any good brand of olive oil in Bangladesh?, i'll really appreciate any personal experience sharing as olive oil is really expensive i want to buy a good one

Old September 20, 2013, 09:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

i cook all my food with olive oil... and i only buy extra virgin olive oil as that is the product of initian process.....got all the good stuff...

subsequent one, virgin is ok... however just olive oil that is not virgin i think is no different from having just other oil like corn or vegetable..... thats just 4th or 5rh processing...

so instead of company my suggestion is to go for extra virgin olive oil.... however i am in usa and we have costco so thats affordable....u on the other hand, i am not too sure how feasble it would be to cook everything in extra virgin...
Old September 20, 2013, 09:54 PM
Cricket Legend

btw my cooking is only done by extra virgin kb.....as well... not only olive oil...
Old October 2, 2013, 05:03 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
i am thinking about buying some olive oil for my father. my father is an heart patient and i heard that olive oil is good for heart. but with "Bhejal" everywhere in Bangladesh i am doubtful about getting the original olive oil

i searched in the net and the world's best olive oil brands looks not available in Bangladesh. one brand i found is Olivoilà. is this any good?. has anybody used this?

anybody know any good brand of olive oil in Bangladesh?, i'll really appreciate any personal experience sharing as olive oil is really expensive i want to buy a good one
Olivoila is fine, but as Idumb mentioned, its more important that you get extra virgin olive oil.

Buy the oil from a wholesaler rather than Agora, Meena Bazaar. You'll get a better price.
Old October 2, 2013, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Buy the oil from a wholesaler rather than Agora, Meena Bazaar. You'll get a better price.
Agreed. I used to buy from Gulshan 1 DCC Market 2nd floor, above the kacha bajar. You will get the big cans at more economical prices, and for many different imported brands. DCC 1 Market has surprised me over the past few years with their prices on things from Mama noodles to roll on deo. Much cheaper than the general stores and supermarket chains.

However I dont know how their prices would compare to prices in New Market ground floor (opposite Gausia/Chandni Chawk... Footbridge corner gate area). New Market may be cheaper, but I dont know if they would carry all the imported brands that are at Gulshan 1 DCC Market.
Old October 3, 2013, 03:24 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

I used to use extra virgin olive oil for cooking but after some research I have found out it isnt.

In the UK many olive oil companies actually state which kind of olive oil is used for what. Extra Olive Oil is labelled for dressing in salad.

This is why it isnt recommended to COOK with olive oil:
http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=george&dbid=56
Old November 9, 2013, 12:57 AM
Cricket Legend

http://lifehacker.com/the-most-and-l...nds-1460894373

I was wrong in the sense that no worry abt company but u should.

Guess who made the list of good stuff..kirkland yeah thats right costco brand
Old November 9, 2013, 04:28 AM
Administrator

Costco FTW.

When I'm cooking with EVOO, I will use blend it with some Canola oil to increase the smoke point so as to preserve the delicate flavors. The best way to enjoy EVOO is to mix it with some balsamic vinegar and use a hearty Italian bread to sop up or pour it over some warm hummus to enjoy with some flat breads. For normal day to day cooking I use Canola. It's low in polyunsaturated fats and has more cholesterol balancing monounsaturated fat than any oil except for olive oil. Canola also contains Omega-3 fatty acids which some studies have shown to have reduced cholesterol and triglycerides.
Old November 9, 2013, 05:16 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Bought 2 bottles for my dad, one Olivoilà and other one a Spanish brand, saw in the net that extra virgin olive oils are best in spain

actually i was looking for a good cooking oil which is good for the heart and read in the net that olive oil is the best..but its costly though..can eat it regularly with my budget
Old November 9, 2013, 05:21 AM
Administrator

Can you get Canola oil in Dhaka?
Old November 9, 2013, 05:23 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Can you get Canola oil in Dhaka?
Found my answer.

http://m.bikroy.com/ads/capri-canola...for-sale-dhaka

How the price compare to olive oil etc?
Old November 9, 2013, 06:16 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Found my answer.

http://m.bikroy.com/ads/capri-canola...for-sale-dhaka

How the price compare to olive oil etc?
1L olivoila cost me 580tk and the other one cost 680

your link shows the price as 1250, but not sure about the quantity, looks like a 5L bottle

Rice Been oil is found here in departmental stores which is the 2nd costliest, but half the price as Olive oil

which one is better for heart patients Rice Been or Canola?
Old November 9, 2013, 06:50 AM
Administrator

You mean Rice Bran oil? It has a lot of saturated fats but no transfats so may not be as good as Canola oil. I've never used it myself and just did a bit of a google search.

Look at this chart: http://www.heartfoundation.org.nz/he...ich-oil-to-use

You nee less red. So it looks to me Rice Bran Oil is not bad but not as good as Canola. But - I can imagine it to be much much cheaper in Bangladesh because of the origin.

PS: Avocado oil looks to be the best. Never used it. Yet.