facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 22, 2018, 11:02 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Selfish players do not walk out to bat with a broken wrist. They stay inside the dressing and make sure that the all-important hand is fully recovered. If Tamim was so concerned about maintaining his place in the team he would not have risked hurting his wrist further in that game. So along with your birtherism style bullshit over the past 2 years slandering Mushfiq, I call bullshit on this narrative too.

As for Mash, he has been bowling very well over the past 2 years. He knows his time is up after this 2019 WC and it will be a sad day for old fans like me that stuck with this team since we qualified for the 1999 world cup. He is the best pacer we have with the new ball after Mustafizur and we have no problems with our ODI bowling unit as a whole. If the batsman gives this group a competitive total more often than not these guys will defend it and have defended it.

We are in a new era with new kind of fans. The new fans cannot handle defeat. Yes, we have our issues with the inexperienced batting lineup but Pakistan was also bundled out for 160 against India.
Well said. Unfortunately, knee-jerking is all too common in sports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Top post.

Fans mood in BC sometimes makes me sick these days. Our over hyped boy Shanto became a trash only after 2 matches! Some of us even found out his techniques atracious with their golden eyes. Mash became a trash overnight with only 2 bad performances. They forgot how good he has been performed for last 3 years.

Like fans, like team.
Tbf, about Shanto, he looked nothing special to me back in U19 WC and in games since then. I don't know what the big deal is supposed to be. I don't see any talent.

Unlike with Mosaddek e.g. who looks like a very good test prospect (whether he'll fulfill his potential is another matter) and a good player of spin...and who's being played at #7 in ODIs for some reason and mostly ignored in tests.

Old September 22, 2018, 11:06 PM
Test Cricketer

The problem with shanto in last two matches was not his technique , he has it to be successful, it's his shot selection , too many times I saw him moving down the track and trying to smash the ball as if it's the 50th over of the match. He needs to calm down and play it safe until he is in , someone needs to tell him that
Old September 22, 2018, 11:57 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
The problem with shanto in last two matches was not his technique , he has it to be successful, it's his shot selection , too many times I saw him moving down the track and trying to smash the ball as if it's the 50th over of the match. He needs to calm down and play it safe until he is in , someone needs to tell him that
So basically the same problem as the rest of our batsmen then. Other than Mushy and Tamim.
Old September 23, 2018, 12:15 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by epitaph
So basically the same problem as the rest of our batsmen then. Other than Mushy and Tamim.
Even Mushfiq and Tamim are guilty of bad shot selections one day or the other, the difference is they minimize it and make runs once in a while which shanto needs to do.