facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 1, 2018, 06:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Default Should there be crackdown on sledging?

I been reading up on some of the stories behind smith warner ban. And it seems like the environment these guys play are just very toxic. Perhaps many of such things that we don't pick up on TV are the reasons you see in your face wild celebrations by our players and subsequent nagging of others.

In the recent Aus SA test, these guys were "sledging" and making deragotary remarks on each others wives, families. It came to the point where spectators were wearing masks made of a with a picture of warner wife's x-lover many years ago. And SA officials were seen taken pictures with them.

These acts and comments are nothing short of abuse. And 20% match fee I am afraid isn't enough. Our BC forum has higher standard than that. Say something like that and member is gonna get 6 months ban.

I do however enjoy when batters or bowlers get riled up - makes for enjoyable cricket. But I don't support such vile abuse to get those response.

Old April 1, 2018, 06:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

If you sledge I am 99% sure you have a small penis.
Old April 1, 2018, 06:26 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Also, Philander's twitter account was hacked by the Aussies. That's prior to the ball tampering fiasco.
Old April 1, 2018, 06:31 AM
Cricket Savant

Sledging in the old days:

"This is rather like Chris Cowdrey's recollection of tossing-up with Viv Richards at Headingley in his only Test. When it came to the ritual exchange of teams, Richards cut Cowdrey short by saying: "You play who you want, man." Same sort of dominance, I fear."

I think Viv went on to say, "we'll beat you anyways..."

This was an interesting read(written in 2001):
A siege mentality is bad for the game

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cr...-the-game.html
Old April 1, 2018, 07:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Yeah, it goes too far these days.
Old April 1, 2018, 08:33 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I think I have a worse mouth than a sailor when it comes to Basketball. That is how I learned to play streetball with my hommies few moons back.
Old April 1, 2018, 08:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Aussies are crying because they got pawned in their own game. This was long time coming for them.
Old April 1, 2018, 08:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Aussies are crying because they got pawned in their own game. This was long time coming for them.
Regardless, do you really think it’s acceptable to talk about family suicides, sick family members, affairs of a players partner?

It’s not just the Aussies that do this, Aussies have done their fair share no doubt.
Old April 1, 2018, 09:07 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Mushy

Not really. Sledging adds more entertainment to the game. But there should be a difference between light hearted humor/ mild insults and straight up personal attacks on someone's family members.

Sledging doesn't have anything to do with the toxic environment at Cricket Australia. But the overwhelming pressure on each player to consistently do good, maintain their spot on the team and win matches does. Warner and Smith didn't plot to tamper the ball just because what De Kock did. CA management needs to change if anything.

It's not Bangladesh where you score a couple of half-centuries in a row and you secure a spot in the team for 50+ matches...
Old April 1, 2018, 09:25 PM
Cricket Guru

I think some sledging to a certain degree makes the game more exciting but I think sometimes it’s taken too far, in the Aussies case I think they’ve been trying to use it in a big way to try and mentally break their opposition and I think they do it more than other teams. Other teams go over the line as well but I think the Aussies push it more than others.
Old April 1, 2018, 09:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon4567

It's not Bangladesh where you score a couple of half-centuries in a row and you secure a spot in the team for 50+ matches...
Loool, that rarely ever happens in our case. Its more like one half-century and your spot is fixed for the next 50 matches
Old April 1, 2018, 10:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
If you sledge I am 99% sure you have a small penis.
In the woman's game as well?
Old April 1, 2018, 10:23 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Regardless, do you really think it’s acceptable to talk about family suicides, sick family members, affairs of a players partner?

It’s not just the Aussies that do this, Aussies have done their fair share no doubt.
If one can't take it, he/she shouldn't dish it.

This is not golf. The art is knowing where the mics and umpires are. Its not like TV viewers can cost you a stroke and a championship.

Anything and every thing should go as long as you don't get caught.

That's the thug way, that's the Detroit Pistons bad boys way.
Old April 1, 2018, 10:31 PM
Cricket Guru

I think there should be a crackdown on sledging. Yes, it has become part of the game, but in a lot of cases, people do not know where to stop. We might even be able to take cricket back to its 'gentlemen's game' era
Old April 2, 2018, 11:06 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Yes, I also think there should be a crackdown on sledging, there should not be any sledging in sport. The whole concept of sport starts with differentiating a sportsman from a savage! Winning is important, but being a sportsman and a true athlete is even more important. A true athlete shows/projects decency, moral, ethic and is courteous to his/her competition.

There should be a crackdown on sledging in cricket or any sport for that matter, just like there should not be any sledging in a beautiful forum environment like BC.
Old April 2, 2018, 01:40 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

accha, crack maney heroïne na? Naki taar chira?
Old April 2, 2018, 01:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
accha, crack maney heroïne na? Naki taar chira?
Heroine is an opioid, a type of pain reducer narcotic and a 'downer'. Heroine is taken intravenous or can be snorted.

'Crack' is an 'upper'. It is a crude, cheaper, modified version of cocaine. From a small amount of clean cocaine, by 'cutting' it (mixing it, cooking it) aka free basing it, one can produce a larger amount of crack cocaine aka rocks. Crack is smoked. The high lasts for a very short time but is extremely intense.

You can get both in Paris very easily.

BTW in the U.S. crack also means someone's buttocks. I don't know may be in other English speaking countries too.
Old April 2, 2018, 02:01 PM
Cricket Savant

By the way, one can very easily over-dose from either heroine or crack. And one will never know when it is cut with junks. And that adds more to the risk. Any way, both of these are extremely addictive.

In another word, BAD. You can very easily die from using them. Stay away from these stuff.
Also, if you are caught with these controlled substances, you will go to jail. If you get caught with more than a certain amount (as determined by your local area law), you will be prosecuted on possession or controlled narcotics with intention to distribute. You WILL get a lot more PRISON sentence. In another word, you will get cursed for the rest of your life.

Last edited by bujhee kom; April 2, 2018 at 02:36 PM..
Old April 3, 2018, 09:28 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin

Cricket is far from gentleman's game nowadays.

I don't mind little sledging especially in Test cricket when bowlers bowl tirelessly for sessions after sessions and slip fielders fall asleep waiting for a catch. Or a fast bowler riles up and give a stare to the batsman. But nothing should cross the limit of using cursing/ harassment/ racism/ derogatory or any sort of personal attack. And field umpires should warn the players who indulge in such exchange.

But things go far and beyond nowadays especially in T20 leagues. Even spinners swear right after they get a wicket. BAN players are no exception. I was kinda stunned to see Shadab cursing the infamous IND-PAK slang B****** after he got Walton out in the 2nd T20 vs Windies. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have the guts if it were Gayle instead of Walton.

It wasn't like this at all when I started watching cricket. Bowlers and fielders would run in joy with big smiles on their face after getting a wicket. Now you know that there would be multiple cameras on you when you get a wicket and your family/friends/everyone else would see this live, you still swear and verbally abuse the opponent. Perhaps they were not educated by their parents/elders when they grew up - I must say. I hate it, I absolutely hate it.