facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 13, 2006, 12:32 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Rather than seeing some team changes, I'm very interested to see if our batsman can continue like the 1st test with the batting and whether our batsman can improve on the 2nd innings.

Old April 13, 2006, 12:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Aftab out, Kapali in.
Old April 13, 2006, 12:41 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Default Bangladesh Will Perform better in the second test. Reasons ??

Link http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=15885

Last edited by Miraz; April 13, 2006 at 01:12 PM..
Old April 13, 2006, 12:47 PM
Cricket Legend

well I really don understand how people want rassel over shahadat in test matches..... shahadat and mashrafees economy rate was almost the same in firts innings.... wen u r playing against the aussies u got to be aggressive. Thats the name of the game... we did so well the first couple of days only because we played all out. Shahadat must stay no matter wat. Rassel cannot hit pontings helmet even if he tries a million times. We need someone who can show the world that we deserve in the big league..We cant show that if our front line pacer bowls at 115- 125 kph. I mean even kenyans bowl faster. In ODI it is ok. containing is necessary then. But in test...u must be kidding me. I want ashraful to stay. If we gambled with him all this time... we must not let him go now.... but i wont be overly dissapointed if he is dropped. Aftab has been tried with not too much luck.. so kapali can be given an oppurtunity... if not as i siad i don mind too much abt that either
Old April 13, 2006, 01:39 PM
ODI Cricketer

how about iqbal in the middle order like aussies have hussey when langer is fit?bring him in instead of ash or aftab.he and rajin can consolidate our middle order.scoring runs is not a problem .staying in the wicket is the biggest problem for the team now.may be iqbal will be able to provide a more stable middle order.
Old April 13, 2006, 03:23 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunniath
how about iqbal in the middle order like aussies have hussey when langer is fit?bring him in instead of ash or aftab.he and rajin can consolidate our middle order.scoring runs is not a problem .staying in the wicket is the biggest problem for the team now.may be iqbal will be able to provide a more stable middle order.
I like the idea. But with Nafis you can't guarantee anything. I just wish Ash could have a head on his shoulder.
Old April 13, 2006, 03:34 PM
ODI Cricketer

we can only wish when it comes to ash.may be iqbal can replace aftab.keep ash as a wild card.he can bat in between rajin and iqbal.both ash and aftab bat similarly.it is just too risky to play both of them together.iqbal is also not that responsible.but as an opener,he should have better temperment than ash and aftab.other teams have done it before.sri lanka had hashan tillekaratne in number six.i mention hussey before.it may turn out to be a good strategy.
Old April 13, 2006, 06:59 PM
ODI Cricketer

I don't really see any need for a change. This is probably the best performance ever by us. Giving just one test is really not a decent culture. Let us hope they learn from their mistakes in the second innings and bat more responsibly.

I would rather want to see our board try and get a few test matches. This is ridiculuos not to have another test match in a year.
Old April 13, 2006, 07:52 PM
Test Cricketer

Can't be bothered to read every sentence in a 3 page topic,
but yeh i'd like to experiment with Nafees Iqbal replacing Javed Omar. Also, Rasel ought to tried out. Rajin should definitely come in as early as possible beacause he is in solid form and would be wasted down the order. I really want to replace Aftab with somebody because I don't believe he's a test player, but not sure who. I can't find any replacement who can make more runs against Australia than Aftab. Of course, Al-Sahariar would be great, but the selectors will never pick him. If selectors stick to Aftab, then both Ashraful and Aftab should come lower down the order where their "hitting" abilities may be required as the aussies progress to bowl out our spineless tail.
Old April 13, 2006, 08:10 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I'd go for a pretty much unchanged team:

Javed Omar
Shahriar Nafees
Habibul Bashar
Mohammad Ashraful (this is his final chance to prove himself)
Rajin Saleh
Aftab Ahmed (he deserves another chance.. but IF he's replaced I'll go for Alok)
Khaled Mashud (he's still a capable 'WK')
Mohammad Rafique
Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
Shahadat Hossein
Enamul Hoque Jr
Old April 14, 2006, 01:08 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib, Tamim, Tendulkar

i think we should stick with the same team....we did well in 1st test give them one more chance....
Old April 14, 2006, 01:52 AM
Test Cricketer

i would prefer alok in place of aftab and tushar/nafees in place of ashraful. let give one more chance to javed... he can anchor the innings, if he succeeds and that is very much necessary in tests alok can bowl also and it is an additional favour
Old April 14, 2006, 02:37 AM
Forever Bangy

Newest member of the JO-haters club here. I still don't think it's worth dropping him for the 2nd test. Mainly because it will be the last one they play for god knows how long.

I don't think Aftab's performance warrants his exclusion. His batting was ok, just the ways he got (himself) out were damn stupid.

Of course Ash's performance was disappointing, but I actually believe he was a little unlucky with both decisions giving him out so I guess his beating can wait till next time.

Shahadat to me was impressive. I think he bowled better than Mash most of the time, just wish he didn't change his tactics in the second innings.

Pilot's wicket, I hope, was a one-match thing (same with Bashar's run out). One good thing about dismissals as dumb as those is that they will remember not to do it again. It's sad how we can rely on Pilot's batting less and less these days.

So yeah, it took me all that to say 'no changes'. One thing though: It was disappointing to see the guys not actively learning from the test as it went on. If only Aftab remembered Gilchrist, when he went for the sweep shot in the 2nd innings. Or if Rafique and Mash remembered Gillespie's perfect defence or even Stuart Clark's 0 off 20 balls, things may have been different. So long as they remember to observe the Australians and learn from them, there's nothing to say that the 2nd Test can't be ours.
Old April 14, 2006, 02:46 AM
Cricket Legend

The inability to learn as the match progresses is troubling..but learning on your feet is not easy either. Anyway, giving "one more chance" to players of Ashraful and Aftab's calibre is silly. These guys will play for BD for years. They shouldn't be bothered with "one more chances" - just pick the best 11 based on the pitch and who is in form without worrying about who will get crushed and what not. I think the opener (JO) is probably not going to be changed just yet, so maybe #6 will be as the single change. Bowling looks solid.
Old April 14, 2006, 10:02 PM
Cricket Legend

As Ahmed Bhai mentioned the performance of Aftab is more on selectors fault. Selectors giving him wrong signal. The only change need is JO. He got out in a stupid shot in second innings and in first innings after getting hit by lee he was just proddiing to return to pavillion. with two pacer we are playing do not underestimate the power of Aftab's gentle medium pace. With the sea breeze his gentle outswinger might come in handy.
Old April 15, 2006, 01:49 AM
Club Cricketer

Khalad Masud shuld be not in team. I have no clue about all of you dude, why do you think BD team should still keep Khaled Masud Pilot in the team. He should be out of the Team.
Old April 15, 2006, 01:59 AM
Test Cricketer

I would support to keep the team intact. No change.

Aftab should be a permanent part of the team.

Batting order seems ok. Only change should be regarded for the nightwatchman as Pilot.

Although Rajin seems comfortable at his position, He could be a good candidate to squeeze in between Ash and Aftab, keeping Bashar at 3.

We are in desparate need for an genuine alrounder like Flintoff or Shoeb Malik!
Old April 15, 2006, 03:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanW
Rajib is still the #2 quick, with Rassel the #3.

I'm thinking seriously about dropping JO and poutting Saleh up to open ... but I definitely wouldnt replace him with Alok.

Ian
I defer to your knowledge of the game. It is something I have thought about too. I do not call for JO's exclusion as such like many do. He certainly does a job. Like it or not , even a 25 opening partnership is better than what we used to achieve. JO and any partner has more or less given us that.

Rajin could be a replacement as they are of the same mould. Giving up a batsman's position. There is no adequate replacement that the selector's would consider.

But I would plug one name. Tushar Imran had a great tour of England with the "A" team. 3 centuries and 3 fifties. Yes , against, "B" teams but when did a county put up a full team against us. Even our test team got "C" teams and got hammered - e.g. Sussex. I was there ! Compare that against any other batsmen touring England. He was head and shoulders above everyone else. He had a far better tour than Nafees but, I presume, you have an advantage when you are the chief selector's cousin ! Selecting on Nafees was correct though as they were banking on potential. So why not Tushar ? If he does not have the potential , so why was he selected in the first place. [ Rasel also had a great tour with the ball ! ]

It is no good saying Tushar has been given many chances. When ? He was given one test against Sri Lanka and was promptly dropped. Before that he played in Australia. How many chances are Ashraful, Aftab etc. given ? Alok and Rajin have had more comebacks than Frank Sinatra !
Old April 15, 2006, 03:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Our bowlers did really well so i don't want any changes there, khaled masud is the best wicketkeeper in bangladesh, JO ans SN put up good partnership in both innings, and rajin showed the temperment in both innings, bashar is the captain and played really well in 1st innings. and now with ashraful and aftab. they are he future of the team. ashraful and aftab can be very dangerous in their day. and i hope they can play atleast 1 sensible innings and show some test match temperment in this match.
Old April 15, 2006, 03:43 AM
First Class Cricketer

I want Alok for this test...he gives a bowling option for BD ...I think Ashraful has dissipointed me(although many of u might disagree)...And give Shadat another goo...at it....
Old April 15, 2006, 05:34 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: khaleda zia

JO
S.Nafees
Bashar
Rajin
Ash
Alok
Pilot
Rafique
Masri
Rasel*
Rajib
*because chitagong is a pacer friendly pitch, and enamul will be less useful there