facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 8, 2012, 03:41 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah ,sakib tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
The current selection committee is too much defensive. I still miss the committee of Faruk and Athar.

Not impressed with SN and Nazimuddin being in the team. Last test performance cannot be counted if you play test after one year.

What the heck Abul Hasan is doing in the team? Now I believe he has the strongest lobbying.

If Riyad plays in the first test and fails he must be dropped in the second test. This should be his last chance.

Junaid should partner with Tamim in the opening slot.

Most probably Shahadat and Rubel will take the new ball.

I would like to see Shohag playing in the first test. He cannot do worse than others. But if he is a big match performer then he will grab the chance to impress.
yeah u should drop the whole team , tamim and sakib too , what is in the world u wanna drop riad ? he is the best test player we have right now , just bcz of switching his batting position making him suffer , when the last time u saw musfiq made 50? musfiq has lower average in all format than mahmuduallah , and 2nd able he is allrounder and very effective as a offspin bowler , u dont have no clue bro, dropping riad will be a disaster for bangladesh team batting line up

Old November 8, 2012, 03:44 AM
Test Cricketer

why abul, sn and big z ? no mominul ?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old November 8, 2012, 03:49 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysun
Naah. I think Sunny is an automatic pick. If there is a fight for a place if at all, IMO, it will be between Nazimuddin/SN/Gazi.
I hope so. Sunny should be an auto pic for test team.
But having Naeem at no 3 will be a tricky business. He is more suited in middle order than top.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old November 8, 2012, 03:56 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Shipon bhai seems have gotten frustrated.

Bhai after coming such a long way please keep the faith.
What do you mean by frustrated?

I am with Bangladesh Cricket Team whether they win or loose. If you refer to a player I prefer who does not get selected for good reason (completely out of touch) then I am even happier.

Only player who I think is unfairly left out is Enam Jnr but which SLA would you left out to get him in to team. Shakib or Elias.
Old November 8, 2012, 04:00 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
What do you mean by frustrated?

I am with Bangladesh Cricket Team whether they win or loose. If you refer to a player I prefer who does not get selected for good reason (completely out of touch) then I am even happier.

Only player who I think is unfairly left out is Enam Jnr but which SLA would you left out to get him in to team. Shakib or Elias.
Actually I misunderstood. By reading your last post I thought you became a bit frustrated which periodically happens with almost all of us.

Sunny has to be discarded from the team if Enam has to come in the team. I think he might get the call if Sunny doesn't perform well in the first test.
Old November 8, 2012, 04:04 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

So I was right. Bcb end up With safe option. Losers

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old November 8, 2012, 04:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
So I was right. Bcb end up With safe option. Losers

They always are.
Old November 8, 2012, 04:07 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahidnyc
yeah u should drop the whole team , tamim and sakib too , what is in the world u wanna drop riad ? he is the best test player we have right now , just bcz of switching his batting position making him suffer , when the last time u saw musfiq made 50? musfiq has lower average in all format than mahmuduallah , and 2nd able he is allrounder and very effective as a offspin bowler , u dont have no clue bro, dropping riad will be a disaster for bangladesh team batting line up
I think "Best" is your favorite word.... You term LK the best president and Riyadh the best test player..... ....

Riyad if dropped from the playing 11, I won't mind....
Old November 8, 2012, 04:10 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
My team....

1. Tamim
2. Junaid
3. Naeem
Shakib
Mushfiqur
Mahmudullah
Nasir
8. Sunny
9. Shohag
Rubel
Shahadat
Agree to this team, but I guess Riyadh will come in for Nasir...
Old November 8, 2012, 04:14 AM
Cricket Legend

There are a few positives though. One positive is they are shielding Mominul and Anamul. Many will not agree, but its better to allow them to keep performing in FC and maybe a few more A Team tours. Sohag Gazi's selection is also another positive. Selectors have probably realized we need variation in the spin attack and included him. Think about it, better to have Gazi than both Enamul and Sunny. And how can you drop Sunny considering what he did against the same opposition a year ago.

Selectors must also be praised for not selecting Razzak, it was a pretty bold decision considering Razzak is the leading wicket taker so far in NCL.
Old November 8, 2012, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Agree to this team, but I guess Riyadh will come in for Nasir...
Yh gd XI. Would PRobably chose the sme.

Riyad is there already;at 6

Old November 8, 2012, 04:22 AM
ODI Cricketer

Anamul Haque could have been selected instead of big Z/SN/Nazim!
Old November 8, 2012, 04:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

reckon mushy should bat at #7, nasir at #5 and riyad at #6, mushy isn't in form at all atm and he's also there for his keeping and he's generally good at the end of the innings so #7 is a good spot for him atm. riyad isn't in form either but he is primarily there for batting so he needs to bat top 6 and prove it. nasir has done well enough in all formats of internationals, even the test format to warrant a top 6 spot and to be given more responsibility and a greater amount of time to contribute to the innings.
Old November 8, 2012, 04:25 AM
Banned

Poor Selection: No Enamul Haque Jr. happy to see Abul included, looks a good combination. Three seamers, Shahadat & Rubel to bowl majority and have Abul as third option seam. The Spinners as usual will be Shakib, Elias and I think Sohag Gazi will debut. This looks like the team:

1) Tamim Iqbal
2) Shariar Nafees
3) Mahmudullah Raid
4) Naeem Islam
5) Nasir Hossain
6) Shakib Al Hasan
7) Mushfiqur Rahim
8) Elias Sunny
9) Sohag Gazi
10) Shahadat Hossain
11) Rubel Hossain

where does Nazimuddin fit in?

any know how we can play three seamers?
Old November 8, 2012, 04:35 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar89
Poor Selection: No Enamul Haque Jr. happy to see Abul included, looks a good combination. Three seamers, Shahadat & Rubel to bowl majority and have Abul as third option seam. The Spinners as usual will be Shakib, Elias and I think Sohag Gazi will debut. This looks like the team:

1) Tamim Iqbal
2) Shariar Nafees
3) Mahmudullah Raid
4) Naeem Islam
5) Nasir Hossain
6) Shakib Al Hasan
7) Mushfiqur Rahim
8) Elias Sunny
9) Sohag Gazi
10) Shahadat Hossain
11) Rubel Hossain

where does Nazimuddin fit in?

any know how we can play three seamers?
think naeem is more likely to be at #3 than riyad...junaid might even sneak in as opener ahead of SN based on his big ton he just scored, SN didn't score too significantly in the recent NCL matches...

only way to get a 3rd seamer in is to drop a spinner or a batsman. i think it's more likely they'll only take 2 spinners (shakib and sunny) than it is for them to drop a batsman. BD always likes to bat down to #7 and dropping a batsman won't allow that....and they could use riyad as a 3rd spin option. though i really hope gazi and sunny make the XI and based on this squad i hope naeem plays to.
Old November 8, 2012, 04:37 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

To be brutally honest, SN and Junaid will hit at least one fifty each, and in fact I expect 1 ton from their 8 innings. Nazimuddin I expect to fail. Rampaul can easily eat him up. Then again I expected him to crap in his pants against Pakistan. We'll see.

Abul's selection is dumbfounding. Even more so when you consider how many guys have LEGIT claims above him. Nazmul, Al Amin, any U-19 pacer, Enamul, Sajib, Shubhashish heck even Dollar and Robin and Soumya's arm deserve a spot over him!

I've always defended the selectors, by and large, and I have no idea how Akram and company came up with this. This isn't even conservative, its downright coma-inducing!

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 8, 2012, 04:40 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_master
Anamul Haque could have been selected instead of big Z/SN/Nazim!
At least two of Nazim, SN, Junaid, riyad will fail this series. That makes room for the Haque duo who should continue to score in NCL. If Gazi fails, I think Enam will be called up for the Khulna clash.

This is the first time we've named a segmented Test squad (first and second matches). I think selectors are giviing one last shot to some old guns before getting new blood in. Thats not a bad strategy in my opinion, but if the new blood are to be trusted why not give them the entire series and the best possible chance at getting a positive result?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 8, 2012, 04:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
At least two of Nazim, SN, Junaid, riyad will fail this series. That makes room for the Haque duo who should continue to score in NCL. If Gazi fails, I think Enam will be called up for the Khulna clash.

This is the first time we've named a segmented Test squad (first and second matches). I think selectors are giviing one last shot to some old guns before getting new blood in. Thats not a bad strategy in my opinion, but if the new blood are to be trusted why not give them the entire series and the best possible chance at getting a positive result?
as you say they should trust the new blood with the series, otherwise they're not getting enough matches and if they fail they'll be dropped most likely.
Old November 8, 2012, 04:43 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
There are a few positives though. One positive is they are shielding Mominul and Anamul. Many will not agree, but its better to allow them to keep performing in FC and maybe a few more A Team tours. Sohag Gazi's selection is also another positive. Selectors have probably realized we need variation in the spin attack and included him. Think about it, better to have Gazi than both Enamul and Sunny. And how can you drop Sunny considering what he did against the same opposition a year ago.

Selectors must also be praised for not selecting Razzak, it was a pretty bold decision considering Razzak is the leading wicket taker so far in NCL.
Agreed 100%. Although I would have played the Haques, I think they might get called up for the 2nd test if guys in teh current squad crap in their pants. And I suppose this is not a terrible decision by the selectors (if in fact this is what they were thinking, which I think is possible since they selected the best possible prelim 22).

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 8, 2012, 04:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
To be brutally honest, SN and Junaid will hit at least one fifty each, and in fact I expect 1 ton from their 8 innings. Nazimuddin I expect to fail. Rampaul can easily eat him up. Then again I expected him to crap in his pants against Pakistan. We'll see.

Abul's selection is dumbfounding. Even more so when you consider how many guys have LEGIT claims above him. Nazmul, Al Amin, any U-19 pacer, Enamul, Sajib, Shubhashish heck even Dollar and Robin and Soumya's arm deserve a spot over him!

I've always defended the selectors, by and large, and I have no idea how Akram and company came up with this. This isn't even conservative, its downright coma-inducing!
why do you think abul's selection is dumbfounding? -

I don't see why we should be unhappy about this decision. The coach and team management has belief and trust in him. that in itself does not mean he will start the test match against West Indies. If someone like Shafiul or players you mentioned are picked will they start in the playing XI? knowing that BD normally plays 2 seamers, I assume it will be Shahadat& Rubel. so what happens if Abul is Included as 3rd option seamer?

-- Nazmul should have been included over any of this players.. Nafees or Nazimuddin.--
Old November 8, 2012, 04:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar89
why do you think abul's selection is dumbfounding? -

I don't see why we should be unhappy about this decision. The coach and team management has belief and trust in him. that in itself does not mean he will start the test match against West Indies. If someone like Shafiul or players you mentioned are picked will they start in the playing XI? knowing that BD normally plays 2 seamers, I assume it will be Shahadat& Rubel. so what happens if Abul is Included as 3rd option seamer?

-- Nazmul should have been included over any of this players.. Nafees or Nazimuddin.--
Inclusion of Abul would give wrong signal to other upcoming pacers. They would tend to think that performance is not the main criteria to be selected as pacer in BD team.

On a different note for your kind information, our team management and coach are not asked for opinion before finalizing the 14. This is a common trend in BD.
Old November 8, 2012, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Agreed 100%. Although I would have played the Haques, I think they might get called up for the 2nd test if guys in teh current squad crap in their pants. And I suppose this is not a terrible decision by the selectors (if in fact this is what they were thinking, which I think is possible since they selected the best possible prelim 22).
We will see Haque's in odi. Long odi series ahead and we have no number 2/3 for that format

Old November 8, 2012, 05:52 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

time to chnge my abhatar from Ononto to Abul.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old November 8, 2012, 06:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

SRK, Abul ache jekhane bipod nai shekhane
Old November 8, 2012, 06:27 AM
Cricket Legend

What we have to do to get abul out? If selector going for experience what experience he has?

I am also worried about form of our main players, Shakib / Mush is worrying me.