facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 28, 2014, 04:40 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Smile Jurgensen resigns as Bangladesh coach, who's next?

Quote:
Shane Jurgensen, the Bangladesh coach, has resigned from his position after a string of poor performances by the national team. His resignation letter has been received by the Bangladesh Cricket Board, which is believed to have begun its search for a new coach some time ago.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/740185.html

BLESSING IN DISGUISE, MAYBE?

Old April 28, 2014, 05:03 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

We're screwed either way. There is a world cup in 9 months time and we'll have a new coach and new a system. In fact, I'll bet no one will be willing to take this job and we'll have some other Z list no-name coach who will be named interim HC and then become full time HC sometime before the WC.

Doesn't look good.

BCB is clueless, thinking of hiring consultants. Consultant is another word for free loading jackass. Saqlain ought to return his paycheck.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 28, 2014, 05:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Wtf is happening to us..falling apart.
Old April 28, 2014, 05:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Now the garbage media is saying BCB hasn't accepted his resignation. WTF is going on over there? Who are the incompetent clowns that are having this meeting today? Is he really gone or what? Confused right now! Can anyone confirm for sure? Thanks. Just let the guy go if he doesn't want to be there anymore! Show some professionalism for once BCB! Don't drag him around the mud like that.
Old April 28, 2014, 05:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
We're screwed either way. There is a world cup in 9 months time and we'll have a new coach and new a system. In fact, I'll bet no one will be willing to take this job and we'll have some other Z list no-name coach who will be named interim HC and then become full time HC sometime before the WC.

Doesn't look good.

BCB is clueless, thinking of hiring consultants. Consultant is another word for free loading jackass. Saqlain ought to return his paycheck.
Best news of the year bro. Clearly BCB wasnt going to pull the trigger. Either they didnt want to pay compensation, or some members seriously thought Jurgensen would be able to pull Bangladesh out. Thankfully he has made the job easier for us.

Bangladesh cricket team doesnt have severe flaws that ll take years to correct. We need an individual to get them working as a unit, get them working according to a plan, instill more discipline, play more role on the tactical aspects. And most importantly someone who can motivate the players. I ve said it before. Even a B or C Grade coach will be able to do a better job than SJ. If BCB is willing to dish out a good salary, i am pretty sure we ll be able to land someone good.

9 months is a lot of time. A reasonably good coach can change thing in a matter of months. Lets not forget we didnt do all that badly prior to Asia Cup.

But i absolutely agree with you the consultants bit. BCB is going overboard. Bringing in Wasim Akram or Saurav Ganguly for a couple of weeks wont do any good. Instead target someone lower profile who can work with the players for a longer period. Batting or bowling these are not things that can be taught in a couple of sessions. Someone needs to grind or drill these techniques to players day and night, for months.
Old April 28, 2014, 05:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

This news isn't exactly something to be happy about. We now have no coach and probably won't have one for a while and an important World Cup is coming up.
Old April 28, 2014, 06:07 AM
Cricket Legend

@BengaliPagol. I am just thinking from the perspective now finally we have the chance to end the anarchy that we ve been having in our team for a while. SJ was never in control of his charges. They played the way they wanted. Never easy for a young credential-less coach to gain the respect of players.

Might not convince you, but i believe even someone like Sarwar Imran will have more authority in our dressing room. As i have said in the previous post, we can still do well without technical tinkering if there is more discipline, motivation and planning. Sadly SJ failed in all three departments.
Old April 28, 2014, 06:15 AM
First Class Cricketer

Looks like the all the Australians are leaving town....
Old April 28, 2014, 06:28 AM
Administrator

The trainer also quit:

Bangladesh trainer David Dwyer has stepped down from his position after 14 months on the job. Akram Khan, the BCB's Cricket Operations Committee Chairman, confirmed the receipt of the resignation letter two days ago.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/739599.html
Old April 28, 2014, 06:40 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Pont mama koi? Must be happy to see all the Aussies heading home

Last edited by Nadim; April 28, 2014 at 08:34 AM..
Old April 28, 2014, 07:02 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Best news of the year bro. Clearly BCB wasnt going to pull the trigger. Either they didnt want to pay compensation, or some members seriously thought Jurgensen would be able to pull Bangladesh out. Thankfully he has made the job easier for us.

Bangladesh cricket team doesnt have severe flaws that ll take years to correct. We need an individual to get them working as a unit, get them working according to a plan, instill more discipline, play more role on the tactical aspects. And most importantly someone who can motivate the players. I ve said it before. Even a B or C Grade coach will be able to do a better job than SJ. If BCB is willing to dish out a good salary, i am pretty sure we ll be able to land someone good.

9 months is a lot of time. A reasonably good coach can change thing in a matter of months. Lets not forget we didnt do all that badly prior to Asia Cup.

But i absolutely agree with you the consultants bit. BCB is going overboard. Bringing in Wasim Akram or Saurav Ganguly for a couple of weeks wont do any good. Instead target someone lower profile who can work with the players for a longer period. Batting or bowling these are not things that can be taught in a couple of sessions. Someone needs to grind or drill these techniques to players day and night, for months.
Good points, Jeesh bhai. I agree.

The right guy and the right mindset could turn us around even before the India series. We just have to get out of the mental rut we're in now.

Lets see what BCB does.

Our media rights are going up in the next week or so. We really should get at least $80 million given that in 2006 we were able to net $56 million for 5 years (BCB was only paid aprox $45 million...100 crore short) our media value should have gone up at least 25-30% since 2006.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 28, 2014, 07:18 AM
Cricket Legend

I doubt Loser the Great Papon will let Jurgesen go eventually. His resignation is hung up because Papon is in Singapore right now God knows doing what. If you don't believe me, go look at Mushfiq's case. He resigned twice and Papon still kept him around. We are screwed anyway. Coach na paile o problem abar coach resign korleo problem. BCB shob kaj e badha dey.
Old April 28, 2014, 07:22 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh

Agree with you. We won't have to go too far to see examples of it. See what Lehmann has done to the Aussie team in the space of just few months.
Old April 28, 2014, 07:25 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:

Doesn't look good.

That was unfair. Saqlain definitely made a huge difference when he was here.
Old April 28, 2014, 07:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Thank you Shane for your services. A separation was necessary at this point. We need a more authoritarian head coach for our sissies. Hope the BCB accepts his resignation and finds a suitable replacement in time. Wish Shane the best of luck for the future. He is a really nice guy.

I think BCB has to accept that to find a good coach in this market certain concessions have to be made. For example, the right to coach in T20 leagues if we don't have any international engagements and an extensive holiday package. A top-notch coach is imperative for us at this stage given the leadership crisis the team is currently going through.
Old April 28, 2014, 07:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Good points, Jeesh bhai. I agree.

The right guy and the right mindset could turn us around even before the India series. We just have to get out of the mental rut we're in now.

Lets see what BCB does.

Our media rights are going up in the next week or so. We really should get at least $80 million given that in 2006 we were able to net $56 million for 5 years (BCB was only paid aprox $45 million...100 crore short) our media value should have gone up at least 25-30% since 2006.
Depends on how many India tours are scheduled for the period being tendered.
Old April 28, 2014, 07:31 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

now only if Mushfik also steps down
Old April 28, 2014, 07:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
now only if Mushfik also steps down
Even if he does, he will get rejected. Just like Shane will get rejected eventually. So hold your horses and stop "thanking" him already. Mokkah bohu dur, especially when Papon is in charge. Heck, the whole BCB is filled with losers not just Papon.
Old April 28, 2014, 07:43 AM
Cricket Legend

"Tar shonge alap alochona kore shindhanto neya hobe!" Really???? You clueless morons he just said "I quit"'. What else do you want to talk to him about? I wish Shane gets his money worth before leaving and punches these morons across their faces during his meeting with them. Every single one of them! Nothing to lose you already left the job.
Old April 28, 2014, 07:44 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickbang
I doubt Loser the Great Papon will let Jurgesen go eventually. His resignation is hung up because Papon is in Singapore right now God knows doing what. If you don't believe me, go look at Mushfiq's case. He resigned twice and Papon still kept him around. We are screwed anyway. Coach na paile o problem abar coach resign korleo problem. BCB shob kaj e badha dey.
Unfortunately the Board President is in Singapore for medical reason.
http://www.24livenewspaper.com/site/...lerkantho.com/
Old April 28, 2014, 08:21 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

shukur alhamdulillah

but I hope he gets a good farewell afterall he worked a lot with the team & shared some success .
Old April 28, 2014, 08:23 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Meanwhile, the comments below corresponding CI bulletin are filling in with interesting viewpoints.
Old April 28, 2014, 08:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

coaching Bangladesh is impossible, the only one who could probably do it and handle it would be pont. seriously who'd want to coach BD now? a number of the coaches of recent times have made it obvious that the reason they left or couldn't improve things is because the board wouldn't allow for any of their proposals to go through.

if the board won't work with the coach then it's going to be tough for the team to improve.
Old April 28, 2014, 08:55 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

He made the job easier for BCB perhaps.

World cup is only 9 months away. BCB needs to be extra careful now when it comes to selecting a coach. They cant afford to have another slip up. Time to look at County coaches now. No tentative coach this time please. .

I would like to thank Shane for his service. He tried his best to work with us. Under him, we did have series win against WI and NZ. Managing a team full of conceited players without much authority is not easy. Wish him all the best in all his future endeavors..
Old April 28, 2014, 09:33 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Just heard Akram Khan's interview on Shomoy TV, he said it was an 'emotional' resignation from SJ - seems like another 'drama queen' in the making. I am pretty certain, he will withdraw his resignation soon enough.