facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 15, 2008, 02:31 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

BCCI wont agree with PCB's plan of substituting Australia with India. The Men in Blue will be exhausted after this Australia tour and then they got the South Africans at home. Then there's the Asia Cup in June.

We are free after the Ireland series in March. That gives us April-May without any scheduled tour/series until the end of June. Will PCB look at us after getting rejected by both Australia and India ? All the other teams have already scheduled tours (South Africa in India, West Indies play Sri Lanka, and England/New Zealand have a home-n-home series during this period)

Old February 15, 2008, 03:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

No disrespect to Pakistan but we can give them a good run for their money. Remember Multan?
Old February 15, 2008, 04:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

PCB are talking with the BCB about this ... lets see if our board can get this done
Old February 15, 2008, 05:02 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
PCB are talking with the BCB about this ... lets see if our board can get this done
They're already in talks ? Source ? I thought it was only us discussing the possibilities here at BC!
Old February 15, 2008, 05:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahir
They're already in talks ? Source ? I thought it was only us discussing the possibilities here at BC!
India is the 1st choice, but i don't think they'll do it. There Schedule it to ectic ... PCB talking with SLC and BCB about Pakistans gaps in the FTP

Quote:
There have been informal discussions with the BCCI but nothing has been firmed up. Things will become clearer in a day or so," the source said. "The first priority is still to get Australia to come over but if they don't come, options have to be and are being examined."

Two PCB officials, including the chief operating officer Shafqat Naghmi are currently touring India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh for bilateral board talks regarding scheduling ahead of an ICC meeting to devise the Future Tours Programme (FTP) till 2013. The ostensible purpose of the mission is to fill the gaps in Pakistan's schedule in the current FTP.
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/pakv...ry/337363.html
Old February 15, 2008, 05:16 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Thanks, read the article on CI but missed the PCB officials touring Bangladesh and SL part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
India is the 1st choice, but i don't think they'll do it. There Schedule it to ectic ... PCB talking with SLC and BCB about Pakistans gaps in the FTP
Sri Lanka has a series booked with West Indies in April, as I mentioned in my previous post. That leaves us as the only choice, unless they want to play Zimbabwe again!
Old February 15, 2008, 08:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

from my understanding the PCB is talking to the BCB about gaps in the FTP quite a bit in the future (around 2011-2013). it would be great if they talk about gaps occuring in 2008 or 2009. 09 is a particularily important one since we have a bunch of scheduled series against zimbabwe, IIRC.

at the moment, i would not want BCB to accept a tour to pakistan in near future. their country is in utter shambles with a suicide bombing every other day.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 15, 2008, 10:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Apprehending Australia may pull out of the forthcoming tour of Pakistan on security grounds, the Cricket Board is thinking of arranging a short-term one-day series with India in the free period.

A Pakistan Cricket Board source said talks had been initiated with some boards whose teams had free time in March-April.

"Yes, there have been some discussions with the Indian board to arrange a three or five match one-day series before they host South Africa at home. But nothing is concrete as yet," the source said.

He said informal talks had also been held with Bangladesh who are free during that period.
http://www.expressindia.com/latest-n...ll-out/273353/
Old February 15, 2008, 10:30 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

I don't think BCB will agree. They are bunch of losers. They care about what the Local Clubs says. If BCB agree then the national crickets will not be able to take any part in the premier league.

Because of the requests from the clubs, BCB cancelled the two 4 day matches against the Ireland team, which was supposed to be played after the 3 ODI series. Some of the boys would have benifitted from these 2 matches. Ireland have some good bowlers.

Our losers care too much about club crickets and do whatever they say. And some of the officials are from different clubs as well.

I hope they agree and play with the Pakistan team. I think we could win some of the matches against this new team.
Old February 15, 2008, 10:39 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram

we can go, but Pakistan have to ensure invincible security
Old February 17, 2008, 01:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Australia dont want to tour Pak cos they will not be able to play the dispirited sport they are playing in their own backyard against India and Srilanka. PAK is trying to get India in a series. If that happens that would be fun for Sub-continent fans.
Old February 17, 2008, 11:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Pakistan wants to play with Srilanka.

Quote:
Although Cricket Australia are due to inspect the situation in Pakistan only after the polls, a three-member PCB delegation has already visited Colombo to discuss matters, AFP quoted a report from the Nation. The report stated that Sri Lanka has been asked to play either a five-match ODI series or three Tests. Sri Lankans, presently playing the CB Series in Australia, are slated to visit the West Indies in March-April.
Cricinfo
Old February 18, 2008, 04:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

God why dont they do the right thing, and get the tri-series back on
Old February 18, 2008, 08:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I dont think that Sri lanka is physically able to play any matches after the CB series in Australia, they go home for a few weeks rest and training, then they re off to West Indies.
Bangladesh should not dream of touring Pakistan, not in that volatile situation. Anyhow, the national players will be playing for their respective clubs until the Asia Cup, and trying to improve their overall cricketing skills to play Australia.
Old February 19, 2008, 08:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

i just read on cricinfo that the tour has been shortened and will be pushed back a month or so. looks like it might happen, but the players don't want to go anyway so i think it's still up in the air. there's talk they might have to send a 2nd string team, but what's to say the players selected for the 2nd string team will want to go anyway?
http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/pakv...ry/337887.html
Old February 27, 2008, 08:25 AM
Club Cricketer

Update

Bangladesh set for PCB invite
2 hours ago

The Pakistan Cricket Board are hoping to invite Bangladesh to the country for a short one-day series next month after India turned down a similar offer.

The PCB are looking to fill the void left in their calendar after Cricket Australia delayed their team's tour to Pakistan for security reasons, and the PCB's chief operating officer Shafqat Naghmi is now set to approach the Bangladesh Cricket Board with the offer of a one-day series next month.

Naghmi told the News: "The problem is that almost all the Test-playing nations are already too busy at the moment. But there is a possibility that Bangladesh could be available. We can explore that option."

Bangladesh are currently hosting South Africa in a two-match Test series followed by three one-day internationals, with the last ODI scheduled for March 14.
Old February 27, 2008, 11:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Why would PCB spend money to lose more money? Man,, they are really dumb, arent they?
Old February 27, 2008, 12:36 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
Why would PCB spend money to lose more money? Man,, they are really dumb, arent they?
They are desperate.
We are an easy bait.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]