facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 14, 2002, 07:54 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default New officials

The Physio and the shrink is coming over today or tomorrow. Let's hope they can help us turn it around before the World Cup.

Old December 14, 2002, 09:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Thank goodness...

About time something happened on that front. The shrink is necessary, absolutely vital. By the way, is this a psychologist or a psychiatrist or what? And could one of you erudite fellows explain what the difference is! I'm 23 years old, have a university education, and still don't know!

Also, I hope the physio is better than that moron Gavin Benjafield.
Old December 14, 2002, 09:47 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default difference...

As far as I know, the only real difference between a psychologist and a psychiatrist is that the latter is legally allowed to dispense prescription drugs while the former is not.
...Not that the disticntion matters for the purpose of our cricketers .....
Old December 14, 2002, 09:58 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Default What is the difference between a Psychologist and a Psychiatrist?

While there is considerable overlap between the services offered by Psychologists and Psychiatrists, there are some differences in training and services.

Similarities

Both Clinical Psychologists and Psychiatrists can provide psychotherapy and counselling services.

Both Clinical Psychologists and Psychiatrists are trained to diagnose neuropsychological disorders and dysfunctions plus psychotic, neurotic and personality disorders and dysfunctions. Both professionals are granted the right to make such diagnoses by law while other health care providers cannot.

Both Clinical Psychologists and Psychiatrists help people maintain and enhance their physical, intellectual, emotional, social and interpersonal functioning.

Differences

Psychologists have earned a doctoral level degree (Ph.D., Psy.D., or D.Ed.) in Psychology, after having obtained a Bachelors degree and a Masters degree in Psychology. This amounts to at least nine years of university education and training in psychology. Psychiatrists have a general medical degree first (4 years at the undergraduate level) and then advanced training in psychiatry (usually 4 years residency after the M.D. degree).

Psychologists can do psychological testing with well-researched tests. Psychiatrists typically do not do psychological testing.

Psychiatrists can prescribe medication, while Psychologists cannot.
Old December 14, 2002, 11:06 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Default I say

I say we ban this guy Rajputro or turn him back into a posting freak. What do you say ?

Subho, after reading your post I have come to a conclusion. Under no circumstances will I let any of my kids go to a public/private school/college in Austria. You'd think Arnie (terminator) would have convinced me of that but know, you did. (khek)

In case you were wondering, NO, I don't know what exactly makes them different but it's always easy to point at others and laugh while being completely oblivious to your own capabilities (hint - recent posts by a few fans at a certain website about newbie test team and then getting stinged by their own team miserable performance after almost half a century worth of cricket - I just realized I gave away the whole plot so the *hint* is pretty much ............)
Old December 14, 2002, 11:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Austrian education

I was at an international school in Austria. It was pretty good then. Now it's crap.

My cousin is at Scholastica in Dhaka.

Food for thought?
Old December 15, 2002, 12:40 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Default Me

I'm a Placidian from Chittagong.
Old December 15, 2002, 01:07 PM
Cricket Legend

I have two things to say:

Scholastica SUX!!

Sunbeams RULES!!!!!
Old December 15, 2002, 04:56 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Default Scholastica

We had a Scholastica right across the street. It was the GIRL's school.
Old November 8, 2005, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

which explains a lot about Sham's liking for men.

sorry, couldn't resist. was googling scholastica msn groups and came across this thread.
Old November 8, 2005, 02:28 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Are their any CC gradutes who are BC members? (Except MoinK - atlanta).

MECA member here.

Since we were talking about schools thought this would be a perfect time to ask.
Old November 8, 2005, 02:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Mahmood

Psychologists have earned a doctoral level degree (Ph.D., Psy.D., or D.Ed.) in Psychology, after having obtained a Bachelors degree and a Masters degree in Psychology. This amounts to at least nine years of university education and training in psychology. Psychiatrists have a general medical degree first (4 years at the undergraduate level) and then advanced training in psychiatry (usually 4 years residency after the M.D. degree).
it depends on in which country psychologists are registered. in the UK if you have BSc + MSc. in psychology +2 years under supervision work, you can practice as a psychologist (although it depends on which discipline you choose such as occupational psychology, clinical,forensic, etc.) .however, if you want to become chartered psychologist , you need a doctoral degree. it could be different in the usa.

Edited on, November 8, 2005, 7:57 PM GMT, by banglar_dorbesh.
Reason: typo
Old November 8, 2005, 10:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

From Phsychologits to Scholastica... What did i miss?

I think we ought to think about a team phsychologist for longer term. Possibly one who had experience with the Sub-Continental culture ( who doesnt allow, "Kopaley thakley run hobey", "Allah'r kachey Dowa chai for Taibu's out... etc.) But moreover, we should have this in our U17/U19 squad as its more effective then,,,
Old November 11, 2005, 04:34 PM
BC Editorial Team

All this scholastica, sunbeam non-sense. We all know that in the late 80s, Willes ruled, especially in cricket and A-levels. I hear we are forming a strong team this year.

So there!
Old November 11, 2005, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

come on, man. you're talking like those bangladeshi buira betas who boast about having zamidars as ancestors whereas they themselves are jobless today. :P

scholasticans made up around 50% of the national U-19 team once upon a time; however, after they all forfeited a career in cricket for higher education and money (leaving the country in the process), we were left with losers like myself, and got thrashed every now and then. the nirman champs were (and still are) constantly kicked out in the first round; i hear they have grade 4 kids playing for them ATM.
Old November 12, 2005, 10:29 PM
BanglaCricket Multimedia

Well Dhanmondi Tutorial never had a good time at Nirman... not when i played for the team atleast. We practised 2 weeks prior to the tournament and the bigshot kids who could affod the coolest gear were in the team (or so i like to believe)... i have no idea how I made the team in grade 9. Anyways... we used to loose the first game that we played and all the hype abt Nirman would go away to return again the next year. When I was in grade 11 or 12... DT won 2 matches in a row in Nirman (by then called the Standard chartered school cricket tournament) and created sensation. The players shot to fame in a jolt... much like our BD national team... dunno what happened to them after that.