facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old November 15, 2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abid_Khan
there is no need to change the batting lineup as of now, just the bowling
There is. Nafees and Zunaid has no business in the national team - they both not eager to fix their errors and inabilities.

Also, Shahadat has nothing left to offer and Rubel needs to get fully fit.

Old November 15, 2012, 10:49 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful,Tamim T

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahbubH
At least he can tell the batsmen what not to do.
trust me Ash can appear as one of the best coach of the world. He can guide our batsmans well than any other Batting coach's in the world.
Bhai khub bhalo Bujhaite pare but Korte parena.Tips deyar jonno uni best.Experienced:P

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old November 15, 2012, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
NICE - well played Bangladesh!!!
You made my day Roni!
Old November 15, 2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin
The best batting day for Bangladesh in a long long time. Probably ever ?
More to come! It's just a start...

The likes of Anamul, Mominul, Taskin, Gazi will take us at the top and don't have to wait that long either Tintin bhai
Old November 15, 2012, 11:13 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

Tomorrow I have late-hour clinic , can't wait to watch the match late tonight .
Gorom Cha ar Daalpuri niye bosbo .
Old November 15, 2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali007
Tomorrow I have late-hour clinic , can't wait to watch the match late tonight .
Gorom Cha ar Daalpuri niye bosbo .
Jhal muri with chanachur and acher thakbey na shathey?
Old November 15, 2012, 11:37 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Most of these guys didn't play regular NCL... Anamul even hardly face our best bowlers in NCL...coz national team players don't play more than a game or two...difference isn't much...he was exposed in Zim...clearly...
Take a look at this match:-

http://www.espncricinfo.com/bdeshdom...ch/509770.html

Final game of the 2010/2011 NCL season with national players involved. Still Anamul was man of the match. This was a year and a half ago so you would think he has improved since then. Add his success against the SA Academy, U19 cricket and being very consistent in the past few NCL seasons, and the fact that the number 3 batting slot is open; there are simply more than enough reasons for him to get his chance.
I'm sick of people bringing up the unofficial T20 game he failed in, that's his worst format, and it was only 3 games.Why would you choose T20 as a judgement for his ability to play Test cricket? Fine don't pick him for T20 games but don't keep holding that against him in other formats. Imagine if he was playing in this game, you couldn't get a more docile pitch to debut on.
I would delay giving a debut to Mominul as he is a middle order batsmen and there are no slots free, so he will have to wait for his chance and jeep performing in A teams, NCL etc.
Soumya, Asif Ahmed etc can wait even further as they are still too raw. Only Anamul has proven he is ready and there is a slot available for him.
Old November 15, 2012, 11:50 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Good day of cricket for us. I know some guys threw their wkt away. Team run is good and guys who didn't reach the individual milestones has only themselves to blame. But, can't complain too much when we have put up a very good score. Now, we need to add up as much runs as possible. Reach 500 and then possibly go past their score. It will be a psychological boost. I don't think there will be a result in this match, other than a draw ( but you never know with BD and WI , so we just need to keep piling runs and keep them toiling on the field.
Old November 15, 2012, 11:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

News Desk
banglanews24.com

DHAKA: Bangladesh scored responsible 455 runs loosing four wickets after the day-3 of the first Test match in Dhaka on Thursday.

Nasir Hossain and Mahmudullah will resume batting with 33 and 42 runs respectively on Friday at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur.

Naeem Islam, Mushfiqur Rahim, Shakib Al Hasan, Tamim Iqbal, Shahriar Nafees and Junaid Siddique scored 108, 43, 89, 72, 31 and 7 runs before leaving field for pavilion.

Rampaul bagged 3 wickets while Sammy and Permaul picked up two and one respectively.

Earlier the visiting team declared 527 for four in their first innings.

Shivnarine Chanderpaul struck a double century of 203 off 372 that featured 22 boundaries while wicketkeeper-batsman Denesh Ramdin scored 126 off 236 and were remain unbeaten at the crease.

The state-owned Bangladesh Television (BTV), satellite TV channels Channel 9 of Bangladesh and Neo Prime of India are telecasting the match live.

The West Indies cricket team arrived on a month-long tour in Dhaka on November 5 to play a full- fledged series against host Bangladesh.

During the month-long tour, the ICC World T20 winners will play a lone T20, five one-dayers and two Test matches with Bangladesh. . . . . . . . http://www.banglanews24.com/English/...57816&toppos=1
Old November 15, 2012, 12:02 PM
Cricket Savant

i am confused as to whether we should aim for 700 or 800 or a win or a draw...
Old November 15, 2012, 12:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

A great effort by our boys today. Batting pitch or not, our boys showed a far better temperament than in recent past. 300 even on batting pitches were tough to get let alone 400 before. So it's relieving to see that our batting is improving.

Now we need Riyad and Nasir to try and stay there and score centuries. Won't be easy but they need to convert their starts.
Old November 15, 2012, 12:19 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

BBC acting like an idiot. day 3 gone and they yet to write anything about this test match.

Mind you before the test, they posted this article Does the Bangladesh cricket team deserve its Test status?, and now nowhere to be seen.
āĻšā§‹āĻāĻšāĻŸ āĻ–ā§‡ā§Ÿā§‡āĻ›āĻŋ āĻ…āĻ¨ā§‡āĻ•āĻŦāĻžāĻ°, āĻ¤āĻŦā§āĻ“ āĻšāĻžāĻ° āĻŽāĻžāĻ¨āĻŋāĻ¨āĻŋāĨ¤ āĻŦāĻžāĻāĻ§āĻž āĻāĻ¸ā§‡āĻ›ā§‡ āĻŦāĻžāĻ°āĻŦāĻžāĻ°, āĻ¤āĻŦā§āĻ“ āĻĨā§‡āĻŽā§‡ āĻĨāĻžāĻ•āĻŋāĻ¨āĻŋāĨ¤ āĻŦāĻžāĻ˜ā§‡āĻ°āĻž āĻœāĻžāĻ¨ā§‡ āĻ•āĻŋāĻ­āĻžāĻŦā§‡ āĻ˜ā§āĻ°ā§‡ āĻĻāĻžāĻā§œāĻžāĻ¤ā§‡ āĻšā§ŸāĨ¤ āĻ†āĻĒāĻ¨āĻžāĻ°āĻž āĻ†āĻŽāĻžāĻĻā§‡āĻ° āĻ¸āĻžāĻĨā§‡āĻ‡ āĻĨāĻžāĻ•ā§āĻ¨... āĻ‡āĻ¨āĻļāĻžāĻ˛ā§āĻ˛āĻžāĻš āĻ†āĻ˛ā§āĻ˛āĻžāĻš āĻ“ āĻ†āĻŽāĻžāĻĻā§‡āĻ° āĻ¸āĻšāĻžā§Ÿ āĻšāĻŦā§‡āĻ¨āĨ¤ āĻšāĻ˛ā§‹ āĻŦāĻžāĻ‚āĻ˛āĻžāĻĻā§‡āĻļ!
Old November 15, 2012, 12:39 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
i am confused as to whether we should aim for 700 or 800 or a win or a draw...
What is the confusion? 700/8d and win.
Old November 15, 2012, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
BBC acting like an idiot. day 3 gone and they yet to write anything about this test match.

Mind you before the test, they posted this article Does the Bangladesh cricket team deserve its Test status?, and now nowhere to be seen.
The 1st inning notwithstanding, the criticisms are valid. We need to be more consistent before criticisms disappear.
Old November 15, 2012, 12:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

I think we should declare at 650, and then try to bundle out W.I. (no pun intended); the thing is it's not going to be easy batting in late 4th day and 5th day and also a reminder that W.I. is playing one batsman short as Sammy is coming at no 7.
Old November 15, 2012, 12:44 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
I think we should declare at 650, and then try to bundle out W.I. (no pun intended); the thing is it's not going to be easy batting in late 4th day and 5th day and also a reminder that W.I. is playing one batsman short as Sammy is coming at no 7.
and Chanderpul can't come out to bat in top 7 as he was out of the field for whole day due to stomach upset...so few early wickets and i don't think Ramdin and sammy will have any answers to our spinners if we see some turn tomorrow.
āĻšā§‹āĻāĻšāĻŸ āĻ–ā§‡ā§Ÿā§‡āĻ›āĻŋ āĻ…āĻ¨ā§‡āĻ•āĻŦāĻžāĻ°, āĻ¤āĻŦā§āĻ“ āĻšāĻžāĻ° āĻŽāĻžāĻ¨āĻŋāĻ¨āĻŋāĨ¤ āĻŦāĻžāĻāĻ§āĻž āĻāĻ¸ā§‡āĻ›ā§‡ āĻŦāĻžāĻ°āĻŦāĻžāĻ°, āĻ¤āĻŦā§āĻ“ āĻĨā§‡āĻŽā§‡ āĻĨāĻžāĻ•āĻŋāĻ¨āĻŋāĨ¤ āĻŦāĻžāĻ˜ā§‡āĻ°āĻž āĻœāĻžāĻ¨ā§‡ āĻ•āĻŋāĻ­āĻžāĻŦā§‡ āĻ˜ā§āĻ°ā§‡ āĻĻāĻžāĻā§œāĻžāĻ¤ā§‡ āĻšā§ŸāĨ¤ āĻ†āĻĒāĻ¨āĻžāĻ°āĻž āĻ†āĻŽāĻžāĻĻā§‡āĻ° āĻ¸āĻžāĻĨā§‡āĻ‡ āĻĨāĻžāĻ•ā§āĻ¨... āĻ‡āĻ¨āĻļāĻžāĻ˛ā§āĻ˛āĻžāĻš āĻ†āĻ˛ā§āĻ˛āĻžāĻš āĻ“ āĻ†āĻŽāĻžāĻĻā§‡āĻ° āĻ¸āĻšāĻžā§Ÿ āĻšāĻŦā§‡āĻ¨āĨ¤ āĻšāĻ˛ā§‹ āĻŦāĻžāĻ‚āĻ˛āĻžāĻĻā§‡āĻļ!
Old November 15, 2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
and Chanderpul can't come out to bat in top 7 as he was out of the field for whole day due to stomach upset...so few early wickets and i don't think Ramdin and sammy will have any answers to our spinners if we see some turn tomorrow.
What did Shiv eat?
Old November 15, 2012, 01:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

Today is a great day in our cricket history. Today our batsmen scored 291 runs and they lost only 3 wickets against it. It is really more than expectation. We our batsmen can gain confidence and can believe nothing is impossible for them. I won't be surprised if they score 600+ runs.
Old November 15, 2012, 01:08 PM
Cricket Guru

My dear fellow BCites please hold your horses and have reasonable expectations as you may know this is only last pair recognized batsmen and I doubt they will be lucky like day 3...especially about our batters you never know...If you look at WI pacers and captain they set up trap intelligently and was able to get 6 wickets and most them due to batsmen error...but you gota give credit to clever tactics too...Riyad and Nasir are middle order batsmen and were playing lots of shots so you never know what will happen in the morning of 4th day...i guess a small goal would be good like get your 50 and carry on reach 500 and carry on and then reach WI score and try to carry on...I doubt the first session will be good like 3rd day but if I am wrong I will be happy too
Old November 15, 2012, 01:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

i am not too hopeful, we can still lose this game based on our previous nature of losing.

but why not to live in present and enjoy the happy moment for now. wish mahmudullah and nasir make another 100 partnership. i will be super happy then

a draw wont be bad.i am aiming draw
Old November 15, 2012, 01:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMan
I told you all you were still in the game. But you guys insisted on insulting your batsmen before they even bat a single ball.
You told us so many things

You are the one who also brought up the question "whether BD deserve test status or not"

Let's see how the game goes along now.. open for both side..
Old November 15, 2012, 01:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
I was at the stadium today. Thoroughly enjoyed BD batting and Gayle's funny moves
ishhh apnar signature ta translate kore ei forum er boideshi kopale jodi likhe diye ashte partam ..
Old November 15, 2012, 01:54 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
You told us so many things

You are the one who also brought up the question "whether BD deserve test status or not"

Let's see how the game goes along now.. open for both side..
I simply posted what the BBC article said, I never meant to incite it as a personal opinion.
Old November 15, 2012, 01:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
We are not celebrating... we are simply appreciating our commitment and desire to match the WI total after the hammering we received for the first two days. There are still six more sessions to go and anything is still possible.

South Africa and Australia just finished a test where the first innings scores were 450 and 565/5 respectively. Considering the strength of South Africa's pace attack and the fact that they could manage just 5 wickets in think the world's flattest track award should go to Australia for now.
Eitai amader niyoti.. Jokhon amra bishal score kori kinba amader player kono milestone reach kore tokhon bola hoi o eitato flat pitch chhilo r same score onno desh korle kinba onno desher player ra korle oita hoye jai outstanding display of cricket..

ekhon amra draw korleo oita naki most boring draw of cricket history hobe..
Old November 15, 2012, 01:58 PM
Test Cricketer

A draw is in the works.
From here on if we fail to draw the game, something gotta be wrong.