facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 22, 2009, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box
Default Crowe's proposal to save Test cricket

Quote:
MCC news
Crowe unveils plans to save Tests
Cricinfo staff
September 22, 2009

Former New Zealand captain Martin Crowe has come up with an idea to reinvigorate Test cricket: a knockout Test championship to be held every year with a final to be played at Lord's. Crowe, who is also a member of the MCC's World Cricket Committee, said the games would ideally eventually become day-night Tests.

Crowe will present his plan to the ICC in November and also sent his idea to the Sydney Morning Herald, in which he mentioned the potential danger to the longest format. His idea was specifically designed to lift the flagging interest in contests between lower-ranked teams, as their games would become elimination matches.
Source

My opinion - people are stressing for no reason. Test cricket will survive; there's no need to go cuckoo over it.

Old September 22, 2009, 11:11 AM
Cricket Legend

it will be a great idea
Old September 22, 2009, 11:44 AM
Cricket Savant

Have you guys seen what ATMR has ingeniously done there? Crow leaves their fledgelings in cuckoo's nest and ATMR has tied both of them together in one post. Kothin.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old September 22, 2009, 12:13 PM
ODI Cricketer

"knockout Test championship to be held every year with a final to be played at Lord's"

Why in Lords ..may I ask ?
Old September 22, 2009, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat
"knockout Test championship to be held every year with a final to be played at Lord's"

Why in Lords ..may I ask ?
Why not in SBNCS...may I ask?!
and Test championship every year?!!
Old September 22, 2009, 03:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Why not in SBNCS...may I ask?!
Crowe's proposal does not include Bangladesh, if you have not noticed. He wants to have the championship only for top 8 teams.

BCCI will shoot down the proposal for sure.
Old September 22, 2009, 03:57 PM
Cricket Guru

'NZ, Pak may get relegated to Div II'

http://sify.com/sports/fullstory.php...tegory=cricket

WELLINGTON: New Zealand might be relegated to Division Two of Test playing nations, according to a Sunday Star-Times report, which referred to a draft plan for cricket's Future Tours Programme (FTP).

In the worst-case scenario for New Zealand, it could be that the top four nations Australia, England, India and South Africa making the top tier, with New Zealand left to play Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Pakistan and the West Indies at the bottom half of the table.

Tim May, the chief executive of cricket's international players' association (FICA), told the Star-Times: "There is a model up for discussion which features two divisions and promotion-relegation. Whether it has the backing of anyone, I'm not sure.

Speaking from his home in Texas, May says cricket's planned schedule for the eight years from 2012 to 2020 is so jam-packed that something has to give. May said it was still not good news for cricket's lesser powers. The draft plan most likely to glean favour features the bigger nations playing each other more often than they play the less powerful countries.
Old September 22, 2009, 07:27 PM
Cricket Sage

pretty soon we'll seeing matches like Division 1 All Star vs. Division 2 All Star. and then there will be threads about why bangladesh players are not included in the Division 2 All Star team.
Old September 22, 2009, 09:48 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Napoleon Einstein

so from the look of it the tiers would be

tier 1: the counties which have resources andmoney (England, Australia, South Africa and India)

tier 2: The countries who lack the resources and money(New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Pakistan, West Indies and ZImbabwe)
Old September 22, 2009, 10:05 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib.Ash.Mash.Shahriar

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzfan
so from the look of it the tiers would be

tier 1: the counties which have resources andmoney (England, Australia, South Africa and India)

tier 2: The countries who lack the resources and money(New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Pakistan, West Indies and ZImbabwe)
Haha that's a good way to put it.
Old September 22, 2009, 11:27 PM
ODI Cricketer

This idea will not fly with BCCI or even ICC..

Think about a scenario where India (very possible) would be pushed down to Tier-2 ..ICC will be in the danger of loosing a big chunk of 75% of its revenue from India..

ICC (nor BCCI) will risk it !

Frankly I dont see a problem with the current setup..too much experimentation might do the opposite
Old September 22, 2009, 11:32 PM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
knockout Test championship
The result will probably be decided on first innings lead in the case of draws. Plenty of incentive for teams not to try to win matches.
Old September 23, 2009, 01:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Not a Bad Idea.
Old September 24, 2009, 05:19 PM
Cricket Guru

PCB opposes two-tier international calendar

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/s...ow/5047927.cms

KARACHI: The Pakistan Cricket Board has made it clear that it would not support the proposal to have a two-tier international calendar that would
be discussed by the ICC committees next week in Johannesburg.

Rumors have been strong that the big four Test-playing nations, India, Australia, England and even South Africa are supporting a two-tier system of competitions in the new Future Tours Program that runs from 2012 to 2020.

In the proposed system, which would have a relegation and promotion system, Pakistan has been put in the lower tier alongside New Zealand, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and the West Indies.

"We have seen no such proposal coming from anyone but even if does come up for discussion during the ICC meetings we will reject it outright," PCB Chief Operating Officer Wasim Bari said on Wednesday.

Bari, who will be attending the ICC meetings with Chairman Ejaz Butt, said there was no question of Pakistan accepting to be in a second tier.

"First of all we don't support having two systems in the FTP calendar and secondly there is no way anyone can justify putting Pakistan in the second tier," Bari said.
Old September 25, 2009, 08:53 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

England in the top tier, wow!! Hashtey Hashtey Shesh. A slap on the face of SLans. I wouldn't mind as long as there is a promotion-demotion involved. Would wait till Eng get demoted and no Ashes. Woohoo!!

Also no Ind-Pak series, no Aus-NZ series, no so many other series. I am loving the development. Waiting everything to be squashed.

As long as ICC is spineless, nothing will happen.