facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old May 8, 2014, 04:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Default Eating Healthy

We have had multiple threads here on great delicious bangalee food but most of the time they are unhealthy. Over the years, I have always eaten very unhealthy, only went for great taste and convenience. Past 1 year since I moved, I frequented pretty much all the fast food/other food restaurants here on daily basis. Unfortunately, there is not a single "healthy" oriented restaurant here. Fried chicken, pizza, Nasty Gyro, all sorts of biriyani, All other oily curry food.... that's all i been eating every day.

Today after work, i got some friend chicken and when was eating it in breakfast time, it hit me, wtf am I doing?

I have seen too many people (a lot of bangali people) in their 40s to have multiple heart attack, diabetes, high blood pressure.... Many are not lucky to have intervention on time. Some not lucky to have died when early intervention was missed are lying as a vegetable at some nursing home. I know bangali people always say what's life if you can't enjoy good food, well there are lot to life than just food and there are a lot of good food that are healthy.

So dear Banglacricket members, I wants all of us to do it together, from today - that we will all eat healthy.... So this thread is to come up with good healthy food ideas - preferably quick, convenient.

Obviously I don't have much experience in what would be good, so I come here for suggestions... Let's go.

NO MORE GREASY FOOD, no more fried food.

Other more difficult things to change: no smoking, increase exercise.

Lets live till 90s and contract HIV in later part of years..at least it's treatable.

Old May 8, 2014, 04:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Over the next week, I will come up with a menu for the week...and change it every month...
I also have to go see a doctor for some routine lab work. Haven't been to a doctor for over 12 years.
Old May 8, 2014, 04:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Orphy, did you move to Dhaka?
Old May 8, 2014, 04:33 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Oatmeal. That's quick and healthy and what I have for breakfast or lunch these days.

Old May 8, 2014, 05:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaad
Orphy, did you move to Dhaka?
lol no but might as well be, i moved close to my parents in a very densely bangali area...
Old May 8, 2014, 06:00 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Papa John's tripple cheese.
Khashi'r biriani.
chomchom with doi.
Old May 8, 2014, 06:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Papa John's tripple cheese.
Khashi'r biriani.
chomchom with doi.
shalar bangali....this is the healthiest we will ever get..... sad.
Old May 9, 2014, 08:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Tuna. Protein Isolate. Eggs.

Eat big, lift big.
Old May 9, 2014, 11:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Very good thread. I actually talked about this with my dad the other day that why Bangladeshis end up getting things like heart attack, diabetes and high blood pressure. I'm no expert but I'd list some of the observations that I've seen.

1. Being fat and meaty is healthy while skinny means your not eating enough, A lot of times I get made fun of by Bangladeshis due to the fact that I'm so skinny. I'm about 125 pounds and 25 years old but many people think my health is not good and they'd point out my friend or cousin's health was good because he's meaty. Again I might be wrong but I've heard this a lot from Bangladeshis and this mentality really needs to go. Being fat is bad in all different ways. It puts pressure on your body and especially on your heart which is why many Bangladeshis die of heart attacks.

2. Bangladeshis rarely exercise. Again I could be wrong but from what I've seen, I hardly see Bangladeshis doing any type of exercise. Exercising gets your body active, blood running and in the end makes your metabolism faster. Without exercising or doing enough of it and eating bad will obviously make you gain fat. Just 15-20 minutes of treadmill running every other day can really help burn those calories and fat.

3. Finally, I feel Bangladeshis neglect going to the doctor. It's important to see how your body is doing and if you don't check up. Your body is like a machine. If you don't know what's wrong with it or don't feed it the necessary fuel, chances are your not maintaining your body the way your supposed to.

So this is the foods I recommend eating

Eat lots of fruits and vegetables. Make it a habit to eat fruits 2-3 times a day. Apples, bananas, oranges, berries etc. These fruits are packed with vitamins, fiber and antioxidants. Likewise with vegetables. Make sure to eat 1-2 times a day. Again they are packed with nutrients and make you feel great day to day.

Carbs: Bangladeshis think of one thing and that's bhat, bhat and more bhat which is actually good. Rice is a good carb source but what can your bhat even better is adding brown rice. Brown rice is great again in fiber and bran. Brown rice makes you fuller fast which makes you eat less and therefore less calories. As Mufi bhai said, oatmeal is also great for you but get rolled or steel oats rather than instant or quick oats since the latter is more processed and less nutritious.

Protein: Another good thing Bangladeshis eat is lots of fish. Fish is great since they have fish oils that ensure a healthy heart and blood and packed with lean protein without much fat or cholesterol. Chicken is also a great source of lean protein. Whole eggs and nuts are great as well. If you have high cholosterol, eat less whole eggs and more egg whites.

It's hard to stay disciplined all the time of course so having a burger, pizza or fried chicken every once in a while won't hurt but don't make it a habit.

Now I finally want to talk about beef vs goat. The two favorite red meats for Bangladeshis. Goat is far more superior in having less calories, total and saturated fats, and in the mean time has more potassium, and more iron. So my suggestion, substitute goat with beef. Have beef but careful not to eat too much of it. https://www.google.com/#q=beef+vs+goat+meat&safe=off
Sorry for my very long post. Hope this helps.
Old May 9, 2014, 12:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Question: If you are refused to get healthy eating regularly will it be considered a healthy beating from the other-half or the maid?
Old May 9, 2014, 01:48 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Question: If you are refused to get healthy eating regularly will it be considered a healthy beating from the other-half or the maid?
...a healthy beating from the other-half or the maid?...
UnoW mama, neither! He is gonna get a good mair from khalamma (his mom)!! - Ohh, for NOT eating his Veggies and for his Cigarette fuka!
Old May 9, 2014, 02:21 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

This is my advice for all of you and you Orpheus...

7 days a week eat 5 short meals a day, and very controlled amounts and elements. - Total 35 meals.

*Almost Zero salt - a little bit of sea-salt with no more than 2 meals/day.

*Zero Sugar - A few drops of Agave necture with green tea in the afternoon/evening per day only.

*Red meat - Only one meal out of the 35 meals and no more than 7 cubes (3/4" cubes). 100% USDA super lean, if beef. Let's avoid lamb, like Tiger444 says, go to the Caribbean, moslem butcher shop and get goat meat will do better. Get Venison if you can connect with a hunter from the catskill, upstate mountains or PA. Buy small amount, and don't eat too much, try not to go over the 7 (1")cubes rule.

*Eat chicken, turkey, Cornish hen, fowl, game birds. Avoid pork.

*Eat Eggs - 4 a day. (just the white part, throw away the yolk)

*Drink half a gallon soy-milk/day. Get rid of milk.

*Drink 2 gallons water/day - must.

*Eat 3 lbs of almost raw or steamed is fine - mixed vegetables/day.
Separate between "green" leafy vegetable and colorful bright "fleshy" vegetables. And make sure you HAVE at least 60%-40% ratio respectively.
Find Beet when it is in the market. And although it can be vomit inducing, eat it sliced and raw with glasses of H2O.
Very little potatoes. No more than 2/day (3 inch cubic size potatoes, and white or red ones, not those baking ones)

*1 cup of long grained rice/day, as Tiger444 says brown would be better.

*6 slices of rye or whole grain bread/day...control bread too, chapatti, naan, roti all are good, no parathas.

*2 lbs of fresh fruits/day - Different color fruits...let the less sweeter fruits over-ride the more sweeter ones when you go pick them. Choose carefully.

*Get rid of ghee, butter, coconut oil, dalda etc. Have a little cheese instead - Hard extra sharp Vermont cheddar or grated Romano.

*Eat crackers for snacks, not cookies.

*Try to eat nuts, peanuts every day.

*I can't eat fish, but as Tiger444 says, he is very right, Orpheus, eat a lot of both fresh water fish and seafood.

*Do Not eat Onion. Get rid of it.

*Eat Turmeric. It's good for scrotum cancer I heard, so it very important fro all male humans.

*Eat Garlic.

*Eat Ginger.

*When eating chicken, eat the bone marrow and the cartilage.

*Get rid of smoking.

* Get rid of Gin.
Old May 9, 2014, 03:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

^Great great post Javed bhai, couldn't have listed these better myself
Old May 9, 2014, 04:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
shalar bangali....this is the healthiest we will ever get..... sad.
Zabiha Halal. All good.
Old May 9, 2014, 06:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Very good thread. I actually talked about this with my dad the other day that why Bangladeshis end up getting things like heart attack, diabetes and high blood pressure. I'm no expert but I'd list some of the observations that I've seen.

1. Being fat and meaty is healthy while skinny means your not eating enough, A lot of times I get made fun of by Bangladeshis due to the fact that I'm so skinny. I'm about 125 pounds and 25 years old but many people think my health is not good and they'd point out my friend or cousin's health was good because he's meaty. Again I might be wrong but I've heard this a lot from Bangladeshis and this mentality really needs to go. Being fat is bad in all different ways. It puts pressure on your body and especially on your heart which is why many Bangladeshis die of heart attacks.
I had an funny experience similar to this during my time in Bangladesh. My dad who is 55 years old is healthy for his age. He 6 feet (weighs about 75kg), eats healthy and does treadmill almost every day. When our family went to Bangladesh all our relatives were saying stuff "tumi kawa dawa koro na?", "ki tomar eating disorder ache?", "asho aro mangsho kete hobe". And one of my relatives who is about 20kg more than my dad does not get questioned about being overweight. Instead the person who is healthy gets questioned for being healthy. Bangladesh at its finest.
Old May 9, 2014, 07:24 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
...a healthy beating from the other-half or the maid?...
UnoW mama, neither! He is gonna get a good mair from khalamma (his mom)!! - Ohh, for NOT eating his Veggies and for his Cigarette fuka!
One can only co-relate based on the information available, I guess this is one of those moments when we gloat by echoing "Ignorance is a bliss".

:
Old May 9, 2014, 07:40 PM
Banned

You are what you eat

-Your stomach is the size of your fist. Eat more and it expands. Eat only to fill your stomach and satisfy your hunger - a sandwich is enough for lunch, you don't need to eat 2 plates or even a plate of biriyani.
-Eat less , your portions at meals should be smaller
-Don't skip breakfast. Have Kelloggs corn flakes with milk or Egg bhaji with a roti
-DO NOT EAT ANY Beef / lamb / pastry / cakes / juices( they contain excessive sugar )
-DO NOT EAT ANY food with excess fat or sugar
-EAT Chicken or veggies on alternate days.
-NO COKE!
-Start drinking freshly squeezed juices made by yourself
-Eat half a plate of rice at lunch or dinner with a vegetable bhaji, chicken/veggie curry and dal
-Cook food with red chillies. This heats up your body and also burns fat!
-Exercise as much as you can. Even swinging your arms around is an exercise.
Old May 12, 2014, 07:24 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

to eat healthy one needs to eat a variety of food at a time, during lunch or dinner have more than 5 items ,2-3 vegetable dishes, one non veg dish,little bit of rice or bread or spaghetti ,little bit of dessert, a fruit.
The problem is if you are not in Bangladesh which means you don't have a kajer bua, so it becomes difficult to make 5/6 items every day, otherwise eating healthy is all about having a little bit of everything, and that way there is not one thing you overeat except vegetables which is fine.
Our body needs everything so it would be wrong to strictly avoid meat or any other item.
Old May 12, 2014, 07:38 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

I would love to see some healthy deshi meal recipes here.
Old May 12, 2014, 04:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
I would love to see some healthy deshi meal recipes here.
Aloo bhorta
Shutki
Lal morich bhorta
Old May 12, 2014, 05:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Online has a lot of info and easily made charts that I don't have to do anything beside some dedication.

I am thinking going into paleolithic diet.

anyways, without a plan, i started randomly eating stuff that I feel are healthy and avoiding things that i feel unhelathy currently.

Just spent 25 dollars in panera bread for lunch today, however, still feeling hungry. I need a cheaper, fuller and healthy plan. This eating of salad and baked and grilled food will only leave me hungry and broke
Old May 12, 2014, 06:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vua
Aloo bhorta
Shutki
Lal morich bhorta
ektu KHATI shorira'r tel na hoiley ki hoi? Value-added with lots of mmmm, hahaha!!
Old May 12, 2014, 06:52 PM
Cricket Savant

I really do not like this thread. To me it is if the input > output, you will be in trouble in due course of time.

Do more hagu!! lol.
Old May 12, 2014, 07:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
I really do not like this thread. To me it is if the input > output, you will be in trouble in due course of time.

Do more hagu!! lol.
I think you should stay out of this thread and do what you do best, figuring out medicare fraud ok...

apnar prothom post poirai buzzi apnar contribution koto tuku valuable hobe ei thread e.

Bhalo jinish bhalo laage na bangaalir.. that's the problem.

A healthy body starts with a healthy state of mind, let's get there first..
Old May 12, 2014, 07:07 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
I think you should stay out of this thread and do what you do best, figuring out medicare fraud ok...

apnar prothom post poirai buzzi apnar contribution koto tuku valuable hobe ei thread e.

Bhalo jinish bhalo laage na bangaalir.. that's the problem.

A healthy body starts with a healthy state of mind, let's get there first..
Bhul bhujisss naaa!!!

Exercise!!!!!