facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 29, 2012, 06:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

The fast bowlers and spinners are a big problem for Bangladesh. batting can be improved, but the bowling and fielding need tobe addressed and quickly. When you see the quality of cricket by the other teams, then you realize how weak BD is. The coaching staff has to change this quickly before BD international cricket gets worse.

Old September 29, 2012, 06:29 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

We are too easily satisfied and get complacent. We do not have the hunger to get better continuously. It is too much hard work for most of our players. This is more of a cultural problem.
Old September 29, 2012, 07:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Everyone forget about Asia Cup already?

We were never good at T20, and we are average when playing away from home.
Old September 29, 2012, 07:14 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
We are too easily satisfied and get complacent. We do not have the hunger to get better continuously. It is too much hard work for most of our players. This is more of a cultural problem.
Yes. But those same folks change drastically when they go abroad. Becomes workaholic almost at some point.

For our cricketers, if the same problem persists then the training they are doing by themselves or with a coach is not working. Can't use the brain as well.
Old September 29, 2012, 07:21 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi

Dear Naf,
Can't you not see the difference in players skills? At home everyone can show off. Now soon did it take us to forget the 4-0 NZ blasting which had Kalam bhai and choshma ala? On the other hand,that BD team didn't had Mash, Tamim, Ash. Yet with unknowns we did something that may not be achieved for quite some times. Format is not an issue. Missing braincells they are.

Practicing in the nets for hours. Hitting bowlers at will. However those same hits are out if instead of nets they had fielders around them. eta tho kau bolay na.
Old September 29, 2012, 07:38 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Yes. But those same folks change drastically when they go abroad. Becomes workaholic almost at some point.

For our cricketers, if the same problem persists then the training they are doing by themselves or with a coach is not working. Can't use the brain as well.
Mijan bhai, not everyone. I have first hand experience about this and I sometimes get frustrated by the lack of commitment from our countrymen. I am co-supervising 7 PhD students and 4 of them are from Bangladesh. There is a huge difference in their work ethics and that of other students, and they probably feel that PhD is their divine right while others try to earn it.
Old September 29, 2012, 08:02 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Yes I agree. If you walk around the village side, you will see guys relaxing with torn lungees and no tops. It's not because he is poor, he is lazy. He went out with a fishing net and he got 2/3 fish.... His lunch for the day is arranged, he won't like to work anymore. Or he did an hours of job and got the money for the day, he will relax, or even beggars got the money for the day, he will relax and get involved into unproductive activities ... Ending with quarrels. National characteristics...

Dream of 98 % is to pass and find a govt job.. I have found business people, who are happy to target only a living and they land up in problems when there is a bad time in business or an uncertainty catches him...

98% lacks a proper ambition in life, in anything they do... These beggars already got more than they ever imagined... So it takes some sincere back office efforts by the management to inspire that pride, self respect etc issues... These buggers even don't understand what those things are. I could see Abul, who had no change in attitude or behavior even after missing a lolly pop catch and missing at least 2 boundary line fieldings... He just felt that he has done a great heroic move my showing the people how he rounds like a star...

I'm utterly shocked seeing these guys ... I think we should get back some of the previous players like Rok, Junaid etc... Believe me they were lot more committed. I'm even shocked with Nasir in this tour.

Sometimes I felt, is there any partisan politics within the team again?? Are we again divided inside the team?? I thought Mushy was at least capable of keeping the team motivated at least.... Jey jaye Lanka shey e hoy Raban....?? Why our captains can't keep that momentum or intensity of captaincy all along their tenure? Why can't they just step down when he feels that he can no more take the burden of captaincy?? Why they didn't even learn from the srilankan captains on this regard..??
Old September 29, 2012, 08:29 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi

are you not concern with their attitude? they are not hungry to strive the top places. They dont have mindset to out think the opponent.

Yes we have forgotten the asia cup just like we all have forgotten that kenya played semi final in 2003 WC. would you like to see BD in same state like kenya?
Old September 29, 2012, 09:44 PM
Cricket Savant

But WHY are we not good enough? The same team produces Shakib and Tamim also seems to produce Abul and Shafiul? Why? Jobab din! jobab din doctor shaheb!

I do echo about the cultural problems of poor work ethics. And Miraz bhai, tell those students who think that PhD is divine right: (tetaye tetaye) Oh chehara dekhe tomake digree dibo naa? alladir aar jaiga pau na. Jau buckhim ham palace giye darowan er kaaj koro...kintu hometaskk na kore A pabar asha koiro an
Old September 29, 2012, 09:57 PM
Administrator

There is a thing called professional development. A professional is always working on improving - be it in sports or any other career.

Michael Jordan spoke to journalist about working overtime on his free throws. This was the season before he retired. He never stopped trying to be better than he was.

I'm no Michael J, but even I'm trying to improve myself. I completed my PhD in the late 90s, worked at IBM's Watson Research Center, have 20 plus publications and patents but I'm also taking online college courses. For example, I'm taking a course in Social Network Analysis from Stanford. I have my homework due this Friday. I'm also relearning how to play the guitar with my daughter.
Old September 29, 2012, 10:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
But WHY are we not good enough? The same team produces Shakib and Tamim also seems to produce Abul and Shafiul? Why? Jobab din! jobab din doctor shaheb!

I do echo about the cultural problems of poor work ethics. And Miraz bhai, tell those students who think that PhD is divine right: (tetaye tetaye) Oh chehara dekhe tomake digree dibo naa? alladir aar jaiga pau na. Jau buckhim ham palace giye darowan er kaaj koro...kintu hometaskk na kore A pabar asha koiro an
Yeah quite possibly due to work ethic. As others have said professionals are always trying to improve in their area's. shakib's recent comments kind of explains the weak mental area in BD cricket.
Old September 30, 2012, 09:51 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Attitude starts at the top.

When Jamie Siddons tried to bring in stronger discipline, some senior players ran to the committee/president and complained they were being worked too hard.

Until and unless that sort of thing stops, nothing will really change. You have to understand why you need to work hard to compete with the Top 8 teams. To be honest, if that has to be even pointed out, you have lost the battle.

This is what REALLY stops BD cricket progressing - desire - and not just talking about it.
Old September 30, 2012, 12:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
Attitude starts at the top.

When Jamie Siddons tried to bring in stronger discipline, some senior players ran to the committee/president and complained they were being worked too hard.

Until and unless that sort of thing stops, nothing will really change. You have to understand why you need to work hard to compete with the Top 8 teams. To be honest, if that has to be even pointed out, you have lost the battle.

This is what REALLY stops BD cricket progressing - desire - and not just talking about it.

This is really shame for national team, representing your own country and complain about working hard, this is really unacceptable, that shows how much they care about playing for the country.
Old September 30, 2012, 12:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Boyz will remain Boyz... Until they are under the right guidance. Give this very team to Khaled Mahmud Sujan, and see instant progress...with an average team in DPL, he showed what a good coach can do!
Old September 30, 2012, 01:46 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

তাল গাছের আড়াই হাত...

হ্যাঁ...এই প্রবাদটাই মনে পড়ে বারবার আমাদের ক্রীকেটের বারবার হোঁচট খাওয়া দেখে। হয়তো শুনেছেন অনেকেই প্রবাদটা...অর্থটাও জানেন ভালই। তবুও যাদের কাছে এটা অপরিচিত, তাদের জন্য একটু ব্যখ্যা করি। তুলনাটা দিয়েছিলেন নটরডেম কলেজের একজন অংকের শিক্ষক...৮০% নম্বর পাওয়া ছাত্র আর ১০০% নম্বর পাওয়া ছাত্রের মধ্যে পার্থক্য বুঝাতে। এই দুজন ছাত্রের মধ্যে নম্বরের পার্থক্য মাত্র ২০, কিন্তু এই দুজনের ডিটারমিনেশন এবং পরিশ্রমের পার্থক্য আসলে প্রায় আকাশ-পাতাল।কারন ১০০ তে ৮০ পেতে যত পরিশ্রম করতে হয়...১০০ তে ১০০ পেতে পরিশ্রম করতে হয় প্রায় তার দ্বিগুন! কিন্তু তার সাথে তাল গাছের কি সম্পর্ক?! অবশ্যই আছে সম্পর্ক। কারন তাল গাছের শেষ মাথায় যে আড়াই হাত পথ...ওই শেষ ২০ নম্বরের মতই তা অতি দূরাতিক্রম্য!

এদেশের ক্রীকেট তাল গাছের ওই শেষ আড়াই হাতে এসে খাবি খাওয়া শুরু করেছে। কারন গোঁজামিল দিয়ে যদিওবা কোনভাবে ৮০ নম্বর পর্যন্ত যাওয়া যায়...পরের ২০ তো আর এত সোজা না রে ভাই!

সত্যি কথা হল...এই পুরো দেশটাই আটকে যাচ্ছে আড়াই হাতের চক্করে দিনে দিনে। কেন ভাইয়েরা খামাখা শুধু ক্রীকেটারদেরকে দোষ দেন? সাকিবের অন্তর্জ্বালার দিকে একবার ভাল করে দেখুন! এই ছেলেটা সত্যি সত্যিই যুগের চেয়ে অনেক আগানো এক ব্যক্তিত্ব। খুবই সরল ভাষায় বলে ফেলেছে সে কোথায় আসল গলদ। সেটা হল পারিপার্শ্বিকতা! নট এনাফ কোয়ালিটি প্লেয়ার্‌স ইন পাইপলাইন টু মেক ইউ টেক দা এক্সট্রা স্টেপ্‌স!

এবার আসেন ভাইয়েরা পাইপলাইনের সমস্যায়। নিষ্ঠুর সত্যি কথা হল...শক্ত প্রথম শ্রেনীর কাঠামো ছাড়া আজকে এদেশের ক্রীকেট যেখানে এসেছে, প্রত্যেক বাংলাদেশীর উচিৎ তাকে শতবার কূর্নীশ করা! কারন এটা একটা মিরাকেল্‌ ছাড়া আর কিছুই না! কেবলমাত্র খেলোয়াড়দের আর সমর্থকদের প্রচন্ড নেশা আর আবেগের জোরেই এসেছে এতদূর বাংলাদেশের ক্রীকেট! নয়তো এত দূর্বল প্রশাসন আর কাঠামো নিয়ে এত স্বপ্ন দাঁড়াবার কথাই না মোটেও!

আমরা আজকে খেলোয়াড়দের পেশাদারীত্ব, দেশপ্রেম, এদেশের মানুষের নীতিবোধ...চিত্তের দূর্বলতা ...এসব নিয়ে ভয়াবহ আত্ম-সমালোচনায় মুখর। কিন্তু টেস্ট স্ট্যাটাসের দশক পার হবার পরও রাজনৈতিক কামড়াকামড়ি আর আমলাতান্ত্রিক স্থবিরতায় জর্জরিত ক্রীকেট প্রশাসকরা দিতে পারেনি কোন পেশাদারী মেরুদন্ড এদেশের ক্রীকেটকে। দেশের মানুষের ক্রীকেট প্রেম আর কিছু পাগলা খেলোয়াড়ের (সাকিব তার মধ্যে বোধকরি এক নম্বর) উজাড় করা প্রচেষ্টা খেলাটাকে ৮০ নম্বরের কাছাকাছি তো এনেছে। কিন্তু ওই শেষ আড়াই হাত পার করবে কে? বিদেশী কোচ? বরফ-পানিতে চোবানো 'হাই-পারফর্মেন্স স্কোয়াড'?? নাকি কর্পোরেট স্পন্সর্‌শিপের 'প্লেয়ার হান্ট' প্রোগ্রামে খুঁজে পাওয়া কোন রত্ন???

কেও পারবে না এরা। কারন আমাদের দরকার সারা দেশ থেকে প্রতিযোগীতা করার মত মানের ১১১ জন...যার মাঝে বেছে বেছে নেওয়া হবে ১১ জন! এই মানসম্পন্ন ১১১ জনকে তৈরী করতে পারে কেবলমাত্র এবং কেবলমাত্র একটা উচ্চ মানের প্রথম শ্রেনীর কাঠামো।

শুনে রাখো বিসিবি...তোমরাই আজ আসল কালপ্রীট্‌! শুনে রাখো হে দেশের নোংরা রাজনীতির ধারক ও বাহকেরা... শুধু ক্রীকেট নয়, দেশের প্রতিটা সেক্টরকে আড়াই হাতের চক্করে আটকে দেবার সর্বৈব দায়ভার তোমাদেরই। যত দিন যাবে...সময়ের সাথে এই সত্যই বারবার সামনে আসবে। তোমাদের এই কুম্ভকর্ণের ঘুমের মাঝে দেশের খেলা...কিম্বা অন্য কোন পথে আসা সকল সাফল্য...তার সব কিছুকেই আমি অন্তর থেকে কূর্নিশ করি!!

আর তোমাদের দেই অন্তর থেকে ধিক্কার!!!...
Old September 30, 2012, 01:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_B
তাল গাছের আড়াই হাত...

হ্যাঁ...এই প্রবাদটাই মনে পড়ে বারবার আমাদের ক্রীকেটের বারবার হোঁচট খাওয়া দেখে। হয়তো শুনেছেন অনেকেই প্রবাদটা...অর্থটাও জানেন ভালই। তবুও যাদের কাছে এটা অপরিচিত, তাদের জন্য একটু ব্যখ্যা করি। তুলনাটা দিয়েছিলেন নটরডেম কলেজের একজন অংকের শিক্ষক...৮০% নম্বর পাওয়া ছাত্র আর ১০০% নম্বর পাওয়া ছাত্রের মধ্যে পার্থক্য বুঝাতে। এই দুজন ছাত্রের মধ্যে নম্বরের পার্থক্য মাত্র ২০, কিন্তু এই দুজনের ডিটারমিনেশন এবং পরিশ্রমের পার্থক্য আসলে প্রায় আকাশ-পাতাল।কারন ১০০ তে ৮০ পেতে যত পরিশ্রম করতে হয়...১০০ তে ১০০ পেতে পরিশ্রম করতে হয় প্রায় তার দ্বিগুন! কিন্তু তার সাথে তাল গাছের কি সম্পর্ক?! অবশ্যই আছে সম্পর্ক। কারন তাল গাছের শেষ মাথায় যে আড়াই হাত পথ...ওই শেষ ২০ নম্বরের মতই তা অতি দূরাতিক্রম্য!

এদেশের ক্রীকেট তাল গাছের ওই শেষ আড়াই হাতে এসে খাবি খাওয়া শুরু করেছে। কারন গোঁজামিল দিয়ে যদিওবা কোনভাবে ৮০ নম্বর পর্যন্ত যাওয়া যায়...পরের ২০ তো আর এত সোজা না রে ভাই!

সত্যি কথা হল...এই পুরো দেশটাই আটকে যাচ্ছে আড়াই হাতের চক্করে দিনে দিনে। কেন ভাইয়েরা খামাখা শুধু ক্রীকেটারদেরকে দোষ দেন? সাকিবের অন্তর্জ্বালার দিকে একবার ভাল করে দেখুন! এই ছেলেটা সত্যি সত্যিই যুগের চেয়ে অনেক আগানো এক ব্যক্তিত্ব। খুবই সরল ভাষায় বলে ফেলেছে সে কোথায় আসল গলদ। সেটা হল পারিপার্শ্বিকতা! নট এনাফ কোয়ালিটি প্লেয়ার্‌স ইন পাইপলাইন টু মেক ইউ টেক দা এক্সট্রা স্টেপ্‌স!

এবার আসেন ভাইয়েরা পাইপলাইনের সমস্যায়। নিষ্ঠুর সত্যি কথা হল...শক্ত প্রথম শ্রেনীর কাঠামো ছাড়া আজকে এদেশের ক্রীকেট যেখানে এসেছে, প্রত্যেক বাংলাদেশীর উচিৎ তাকে শতবার কূর্নীশ করা! কারন এটা একটা মিরাকেল্‌ ছাড়া আর কিছুই না! কেবলমাত্র খেলোয়াড়দের আর সমর্থকদের প্রচন্ড নেশা আর আবেগের জোরেই এসেছে এতদূর বাংলাদেশের ক্রীকেট! নয়তো এত দূর্বল প্রশাসন আর কাঠামো নিয়ে এত স্বপ্ন দাঁড়াবার কথাই না মোটেও!

আমরা আজকে খেলোয়াড়দের পেশাদারীত্ব, দেশপ্রেম, এদেশের মানুষের নীতিবোধ...চিত্তের দূর্বলতা ...এসব নিয়ে ভয়াবহ আত্ম-সমালোচনায় মুখর। কিন্তু টেস্ট স্ট্যাটাসের দশক পার হবার পরও রাজনৈতিক কামড়াকামড়ি আর আমলাতান্ত্রিক স্থবিরতায় জর্জরিত ক্রীকেট প্রশাসকরা দিতে পারেনি কোন পেশাদারী মেরুদন্ড এদেশের ক্রীকেটকে। দেশের মানুষের ক্রীকেট প্রেম আর কিছু পাগলা খেলোয়াড়ের (সাকিব তার মধ্যে বোধকরি এক নম্বর) উজাড় করা প্রচেষ্টা খেলাটাকে ৮০ নম্বরের কাছাকাছি তো এনেছে। কিন্তু ওই শেষ আড়াই হাত পার করবে কে? বিদেশী কোচ? বরফ-পানিতে চোবানো 'হাই-পারফর্মেন্স স্কোয়াড'?? নাকি কর্পোরেট স্পন্সর্‌শিপের 'প্লেয়ার হান্ট' প্রোগ্রামে খুঁজে পাওয়া কোন রত্ন???

কেও পারবে না এরা। কারন আমাদের দরকার সারা দেশ থেকে প্রতিযোগীতা করার মত মানের ১১১ জন...যার মাঝে বেছে বেছে নেওয়া হবে ১১ জন! এই মানসম্পন্ন ১১১ জনকে তৈরী করতে পারে কেবলমাত্র এবং কেবলমাত্র একটা উচ্চ মানের প্রথম শ্রেনীর কাঠামো।

শুনে রাখো বিসিবি...তোমরাই আজ আসল কালপ্রীট্‌! শুনে রাখো হে দেশের নোংরা রাজনীতির ধারক ও বাহকেরা... শুধু ক্রীকেট নয়, দেশের প্রতিটা সেক্টরকে আড়াই হাতের চক্করে আটকে দেবার সর্বৈব দায়ভার তোমাদেরই। যত দিন যাবে...সময়ের সাথে এই সত্যই বারবার সামনে আসবে। তোমাদের এই কুম্ভকর্ণের ঘুমের মাঝে দেশের খেলা...কিম্বা অন্য কোন পথে আসা সকল সাফল্য...তার সব কিছুকেই আমি অন্তর থেকে কূর্নিশ করি!!

Old September 30, 2012, 01:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
তাল গাছের আড়াই হাত...

Very well said...and we'll written...
Old October 1, 2012, 09:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
তাল গাছের আড়াই হাত...

Awesome post Bashir Vai. One of the best post of this year i have gone through.
Old October 1, 2012, 09:48 AM
Administrator

Bravo Bashir!
Old October 1, 2012, 09:50 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Superb Bashir bhai. Why don't you post frequently nowadays? Always have enjoyed your posts
Old October 1, 2012, 10:14 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

I said that BD were and still are minnows. I kept reminding that Asia cup was a fluke and people said that anyone who thinks like that has no respect for the team.

and where are the lullah supporters? Where are they?

Yeah BC Public talk nah