facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

View Poll Results: Should marijuana be legalized in US?
Yes 12 36.36%
No 14 42.42%
I am too high to answer this right, will get back shortly. 7 21.21%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 15, 2009, 08:08 AM
Cricket Savant

Default Should marijuana be legalized?

There are lot of Bangladeshis here in California and Arnold has been musing about this legalization of marijuana to save the city's G.M. (.....not the car company) and planning to tax it. Once, it catches on, it may have domino effect to other states. And since we rule the world, it'd have domino effect to all the countries......to all the planets.....to all the particles and strings.... equations.... consciousness.... But I get ahead.

Since, the demographics of BC has a range wider than Shoaib's delivery, just curious how do the older or the conservative members feel about having their child grow up somewhere where weed is legal?

Come'on stoners and potheads. Come out of your shell! And let's have a good discussion going and tear each other up in the good ol' patriotic bc fashion.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Old May 15, 2009, 08:19 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal Bhar
There are lot of Bangladeshis here in California and Arnold has been musing about this legalization of marijuana to save the city's G.M. (.....not the car company) and planning to tax it. Once, it catches on, it may have domino effect to other states. And since we rule the world, it'd have domino effect to all the countries......to all the planets.....to all the particles and strings.... equations.... consciousness.... But I get ahead.

Since, the demographics of BC has a range wider than Shoaib's delivery, just curious how do the older or the conservative members feel about having their child grow up somewhere where weed is legal?

Come'on stoners and potheads. Come out of your shell! And let's have a good discussion going and tear each other up in the good ol' patriotic bc fashion.
LOL! Are you sure about that? That was not even close of an analogy.

About your question of child growth "sound mind, sound body". If a BD kid with all his home and road balance, the street smart sensibility grown in from the early childhood in a land which is his/her own but reamins incomplete as he/she grows and learns it all through his/her life, he /she will actually be a mere cosmopolitan bully with constant push from moms and aunts to attend the Jumma prayer and abandon that recent hottie white company he/she really likes, can survive with friends often on high with bongs and dreaming of sorority dwelling or monaco breaks; I think if one can survive N1H1 one can survive a society full of legal potholders like Nashville downtown.
Old May 15, 2009, 08:25 AM
Cricket Savant

There should be a statisitical graph where it shows the number of wides vs. bowlers. Fast bowlers are guilty of more wides. Al-furqaan vai?

Old May 15, 2009, 08:27 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
If a BD kid with all his home and road balance, the street smart sensibility grown in from the early childhood in a land which is his/her own but reamins incomplete as he/she grows and learns it all through his/her life, he /she will actually be a mere cosmopolitan bully with constant push from moms and aunts to attend the Jumma prayer and abandon that recent hottie white company he/she really likes, can survive with friends often on high with bongs and dreaming of sorority dwelling or monaco breaks; I think if one can survive N1H1 one can survive a society full of legal potholders like Nashville downtown.
I have done forum searches. That is officially the longest sentence written here ever in bc.

Old May 15, 2009, 08:34 AM
Cricket Sage

gopal bhar was shoaib akhtar on your list of top ten people to have dinner with..and did you happen to have dinner with him last night??
Old May 15, 2009, 08:37 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
gopal bhar was shoaib akhtar on your list of top ten people to have dinner with..and did you happen to have dinner with him last night??
No Tendulkar/Jayasuirya is. Speaking of which what would tbe the Ultimate Batting Machine if you were to take genes from 12 players each? :-)

Old May 15, 2009, 08:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Yes it should be legalised and Alcohol should be criminalized.
Old May 15, 2009, 08:45 AM
Cricket Savant

that was your 777 post.

Old May 15, 2009, 09:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal Bhar
that was your 777 post.
Nice catch.....that was also the 7th post in this forum....
Old May 15, 2009, 09:11 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

নেতারা আজকাল এমন সব কমেন্ট করেন যে আমার মাঝে মধ্যে মনে হয়- মানুষের বুদ্ধি-শুদ্ধি কি দিন দিন বাড়ে না কী কমে? মরিজুয়ানা বৈধকরণ-এটা কোন ধরনের প্রস্তাব
Old May 15, 2009, 09:19 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
নেতারা আজকাল এমন সব কমেন্ট করেন যে আমার মাঝে মধ্যে মনে হয়- মানুষের বুদ্ধি-শুদ্ধি কি দিন দিন বাড়ে না কী কমে? মরিজুয়ানা বৈধকরণ-এটা কোন ধরনের প্রস্তাব
I assume that means 'No?'

Old May 15, 2009, 09:54 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

"A friend in need is friend, indeed, but a friend with weed is better"?
Old May 15, 2009, 09:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

I don't see why its criminalized in the first place ... so yeah, legalize it!
Old May 15, 2009, 11:12 AM
Cricket Savant

What I wanna know how does affect it Bangladeshi-American culture? USA has a closet in the past called "the 60s" but we (as in BA (not bad-a$$es)) don't have anything like that. In BA culture, weed is still considered a "drug,"

Old May 15, 2009, 11:40 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

I'm all for legalisation of marijuana...
After all, i dont know about US, but as far as Australia or Bangladesh is concerned ( two places i have lived), its easier to get ganja than cigarrette at times.

Back in the days, i even got caught by cops with ganja in my possession, in Sydney. But as the quantity was just enough for personal consumption, i was laid off with a warning. (Speaking of which, it reminds me of a great personal story involving BD match when we beat Aus, 3 in the winter morning, bunch of mates, ganja and cops. May be i'd share some other time.)

In Dhaka, even "earlier" back in the days, i'm talking late 90's, my teen years, Ganja was available in every corner of the town and the cops will let you go in return of some "gift" for them.

It might as well be legalised, every kid i know have had smoked it.

But it would take years before BD govt can legalise it publicly.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old May 15, 2009, 11:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
I'm all for legalisation of marijuana...
After all, i dont know about US, but as far as Australia or Bangladesh is concerned ( two places i have lived), its easier to get ganja than cigarrette at times.

Back in the days, i even got caught by cops with ganja in my possession, in Sydney. But as the quantity was just enough for personal consumption, i was laid off with a warning. (Speaking of which, it reminds me of a great personal story involving BD match when we beat Aus, 3 in the winter morning, bunch of mates, ganja and cops. May be i'd share some other time.)

In Dhaka, even "earlier" back in the days, i'm talking late 90's, my teen years, Ganja was available in every corner of the town and the cops will let you go in return of some "gift" for them.

It might as well be legalised, every kid i know have had smoked it.

But it would take years before BD govt can legalise it publicly.
Forget abt legalizing it in bangladesh. Our government would have to leave the office the very next day. It can only happen once US, Australia, UK and rest of Eurpe legalises it.

Marijuana is much less harmful than alcohol or cigarrete.
Old May 15, 2009, 12:05 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
You need to do more of these sorta experience, Rabz bhai, for the sole sake and purpose of Bangladesh winning more matches. Infact, it's your patriotic duty to serve the country like that. :Salutes:

Old May 15, 2009, 12:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Although, weed might not be as dangerous drug as alcohol or otherwise but still has significant health, social and economic consequences! Therefore, I would not be joining the "legalize it" revolution. Neither, will I condemn once-in-a-blue-moon smoker as a drug addict. I would rather join the "criminalize alcohol and tobacco" march!

But, Islamically speaking, it would be prohibited outright. Unless, prescribed by a qualified physician, of course :-)
Old May 15, 2009, 12:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

truth be told: things are only lucrative once they are forbidden... if we legalize it you will see people in the streets, Marijuana? big deal? i think US government kept it illegal for economic reasons more-so than social reasons...
Old May 15, 2009, 02:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Although, weed might not be as dangerous drug as alcohol or otherwise but still has significant health, social and economic consequences! Therefore, I would not be joining the "legalize it" revolution. Neither, will I condemn once-in-a-blue-moon smoker as a drug addict. I would rather join the "criminalize alcohol and tobacco" march!

But, Islamically speaking, it would be prohibited outright. Unless, prescribed by a qualified physician, of course :-)
Actually marijuana posess no significant health risk. Two myths about marijuana is that "it increases the chances of lung cancer" " It damages brain cells"... Neither of them are PROVEN as of yet. Bad part abt marijuana may be the smell and the discomfort that it may cause to the passive smokers. And a person high on marijuana is the least likely to commit a crime since it numbs your reflexes.

Islamically speaking, someone once told me that having anything that can cause damage to your body is haram. It the statement is true than marijuana should not be haram, but smoking and drinking should be haram. Even smoking shisha should be haram.
Old May 15, 2009, 02:28 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

HWG, yes, anything causes damage to body is haram. And Ganja should be haram too.
It is an artificial stimulant that causes the one to lose control over themselves.
Whether you are drunk,stoned or having a trip, you are not in your true self and thus might commit to an action that could have drastic effect.

In that category, Ganja is haram too.

Imagine if ganja is permitted and well practised in the society, now imagine its time to pray either of the five daily prayers. You will not be able to perform your duties properly and in social gatherings like mosque, it could give rise to unwanted circumstances.

Just picture this, what if the Imam is a stoner too!
A 4 rakat namaz would need 40 minutes to finish.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old May 15, 2009, 02:43 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Whether you are drunk,stoned or having a trip, you are not in your true self and thus might commit to an action that could have drastic effect.
Rabz bhai, I am not agreeing or disagreeing with you but what does "your true self" mean? Are you saying that ganja brings out your uglier side of nature? Most of my stoner buddies were very compassionate, kind, had good creativity and imagination, and Bob Marley's one love. I am not advocating use of marijuana and it's funny no matter how far we evolve some of the basic sayings of the ancient sages remain true. Aristotle in Nichomenean Ethics advocated moderation and I still think everything should be done in moderation even moderation itself.

Hitler had an IQ of 140 yet he was a barbar. On the other hand, some street kids have talent enhanced by smoking weed yet are bums in nature. We need both creativity and logic in our life. Marijuana provides that escape but if someone is - they dont use the word addicted rather- dependent on it, then we have a problem.

Today, I was watching excerpts of Fomula 1. I personally think after having a supercomputer brainpower for those kinds driving execution it'd would be greatly impaired if he takes hit every too often. Thus, imo although it's not a case of ethics, but if it is put in a utliitarian concept of having optimal perforamance in any field whether making strategic national affairs decision, violin playing, or exceling in any kinesthetic abilities it's advisable to the pupil to stray away from weed.

I think we may see a great shift of user drops if we promote people to be a perfect shot in their chosen affairs of life.

Just my two pence.

Hard work will take you very far. Weed after that may take you so far. But to be a true genius, one has to transcend all.

Old May 16, 2009, 12:47 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Many years have past since Marijuana been legalized in all 48 contiguous states, One morning in a White Castle under the hill two young person at their early twenties were found gulping gigantic number of hamburger shots,

Great-Great-Great Grand Child of Harold : Kumar I want to move to Uni. of Alaska
Great-Great-Great Grand Child of Kumar : Why not Hawaii? You can get high illegaly wih bikini as bonus while still in the US like our ancestors did.
Great-Great-Great Grand Child of Harold : You are right, those dudes were over fortunate.
Old May 16, 2009, 01:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Why do people even take it.. jeez waste of money
Old May 16, 2009, 01:36 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Canada should legalise it soon then we can all move to BC and happily live ever after!