facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 13, 2012, 01:51 PM
Test Cricketer

Default Only in Bangladesh the best bowler doesn't get picked in the XI...Shob Murkher dol niye management!

How long can we tolerate this ridiculous blindness of our idiotic team management?

For years they have taken Ashraful in the team knowing that he is a gamble and denied chance for so many other youngsters.

And Now they are doing the same thing with Nazmul Hossain. From what I have seen from the games that he played, he is the best fast bowler in our country. Yet time and time again he is sidelined...

Why is this injustice...Are the all iliterate or murkho like our so called politicians...

Nazmul vs Sri Lanka where he got three top order Batsmen and caught Sri Lanka 6/5

Nazmul against THe Chris Gayle..A maiden over where Gayle looked clueless...First time I ever so Gayle like that...

Nazmul giving us the early breakthrough against WI and they were bowled out for 61!

His wicket of Hafeez after coming back to test after 7 years...

Whenever Nazmul played...More often then not he gave us early wickets which were very crucial for us to restrict the opponents...He can bowl consistently in same area and maintain the pressure by repeating his wonderful line and length...For our bowling line-up that's a rare gem...

But yet time and time again he is ignored by our Murkho?Illiterate, Ignorant management...

Old March 13, 2012, 02:04 PM
Cricket Legend

I think he is a better bowler than Shafiul with both new and old ball . He really deserves more chance
Old March 13, 2012, 02:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Even when he was in the squad, neither Mushy nor Shak picked him. What does that say about their captaincy? Or perhaps they were justified in not picking him? Surely there was a legitimate reason?
Old March 13, 2012, 02:07 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

http://banglacricket.com/alochona/sh...ad.php?t=39593
Old March 13, 2012, 02:21 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
Even when he was in the squad, neither Mushy nor Shak picked him. What does that say about their captaincy? Or perhaps they were justified in not picking him? Surely there was a legitimate reason?
I remember after beating NZ in the first ODI, Shakib said, oh Nazmul bhai is very lucky, we win whenever he plays..

Its not luck, he always gives us breakthrough at the start of the game which is very instrumental in our win...

I didn't expect that kind of answer from Shakib...I guess no matter how smart we all are we all have deficiency.....in case of Shakib and mushfiq's captaincy...its still learning curve for them...
Old March 13, 2012, 02:54 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

i feel for him and our team
Old March 13, 2012, 03:09 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Guys how about this, Whoever is going to watch the 2 games in Asia Cup, take a poster with you saying, "Where is Nazmul?" or "We want to see Nazmul" or "Nazmul we are with you"
Old March 13, 2012, 03:18 PM
Test Cricketer

I would take the poster and fight to bcb if I was in BD
Old March 13, 2012, 03:22 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib al Hasan

Yes, Nazmul has to be given chance instead of Shafiul. Shafiul is not that effective against the top ranked team.
Old March 13, 2012, 03:29 PM
Test Cricketer

One of the bowler will eventually be dropped to make way for nazmul. But why do they take so long to make the right choice. More often than not the fans or the followers understand what needs to be done and who needs to play in the xi better than the management. This is because we do not have right people at right place.
Old March 13, 2012, 08:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Nazmul definitely should get in ahead of Shafiul. While Nazmul's only 24, he's played in the national team for a while now and is a lot more complete then Shafiul. All Shafiul has is pace but even then he's not express. I would rather have Nazmul who has really good control and variations. I do think Shafiul does have potential but feel that he's got a long ways to go still. Have Mash and Nazmul bowl with the new ball and have Shahadat come in the way he did last match. I believe that this would be a good bowling lineup.
Old March 14, 2012, 02:53 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

In BC itself there is no doubt that majority wants Nazmul playing in the team for awhile now. Hopefully it will happen against India.
Old March 14, 2012, 04:13 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

Nazmul seems to be hard working bowler. Id take him over shafiul any day.

Shafiul was 1 of the worst thing that happened to our cricket, his lack of confidence(except in few matches) allowed batsman to get to flying starts, esp. in world cup...Not to mention he has no. 13 on his back.

But jokes aside, nazmul is a hard working bowler who will perform at any level and I blame shane jurgesen and Pont to stop saying BD pace attack is crap and start saying why they never picked nazmul
Old March 14, 2012, 07:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker
Nazmul seems to be hard working bowler. Id take him over shafiul any day.

Shafiul was 1 of the worst thing that happened to our cricket, his lack of confidence(except in few matches) allowed batsman to get to flying starts, esp. in world cup...Not to mention he has no. 13 on his back.

But jokes aside, nazmul is a hard working bowler who will perform at any level and I blame shane jurgesen and Pont to stop saying BD pace attack is crap and start saying why they never picked nazmul
being superstitious much??!

And fyi, neither nor Shane has ever mentioned that BD pace attack's crap....in fact, Pont himself has claimed that Shahadat's bowling has very impressive pace and he always bowled amazing in the nets. Even Shane mentioned that he's impressed with the quality of BD bowling.

Anyways, yes, it's true Nazmul should get more chances to play!!
Old March 14, 2012, 08:09 AM
Cricket Legend

bad luck for Nazmul...but he is not the best bowler in BD
Old March 14, 2012, 08:45 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinatf

And fyi, neither nor Shane has ever mentioned that BD pace attack's crap....in fact, Pont himself has claimed that Shahadat's bowling has very impressive pace and he always bowled amazing in the nets. Even Shane mentioned that he's impressed with the quality of BD bowling.

was a joke really
Old March 14, 2012, 09:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikss
bad luck for Nazmul...but he is not the best bowler in BD
Nope. We shouldn't go overboard with that. Nazmul has a long ways to go before he can prove himself as the best bowler. Problem is he doesn't get enough chances to even showcase his skills.
Old March 14, 2012, 09:21 AM
MLC World Series I

Nazmul/Elias in, Shafiul out against the Indians
Old March 14, 2012, 12:44 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma_o_mati
One of the bowler will eventually be dropped to make way for nazmul. But why do they take so long to make the right choice. More often than not the fans or the followers understand what needs to be done and who needs to play in the xi better than the management. This is because we do not have right people at right place.
That's what I hoped for in the past, but if someone gets dropped another dummy gets picked.
Old March 14, 2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinatf

I believe Ian Pont said many times that Nazmul is our most impressive pacer. Unfortunately, he did not have have the authority to pick the team. Whenever given an opportunity, Nazmul produced. But, he would be dropped for Shahadat, etc in the next match.
Old March 14, 2012, 01:17 PM
Test Cricketer

whenever Nazmul played he turned out to be the best bowler...Regardless of his performance, he was not picked. Which is ridiculous.
Old March 14, 2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Nope. We shouldn't go overboard with that. Nazmul has a long ways to go before he can prove himself as the best bowler. Problem is he doesn't get enough chances to even showcase his skills.
He has done very well the few times he was lucky to be selected. But as you said, they forget him quickly!
Old March 14, 2012, 02:14 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, De Villiers.

After seeing the clips above. I really am speechless. Seriously, Why do they treat Nazmul like this? Why?

I do hope he'll be played against India. Seriously, I'm tired of seeing him neglected without any obvious reasons. Nazmul has been neglected for too long. That's totally UNFAIR!!!!
Old March 14, 2012, 02:51 PM
Test Cricketer

Stuart Mcgill was sidelined because of Shane Warne through out his career. But for us we don't have a Shane Warne in the team. Nazmul being a better bowler than Shafiul and Sahadat, isnt getting the chance he deserves and that really bothers me.
Old March 14, 2012, 03:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma_o_mati
Stuart Mcgill was sidelined because of Shane Warne through out his career. But for us we don't have a Shane Warne in the team. Nazmul being a better bowler than Shafiul and Sahadat, isnt getting the chance he deserves and that really bothers me.
Well Shahadat to his credit made it count but Shafiul is the 1 whose not performing despite getting many chances. I believe the main reason Shafiul gets chances ahead of Nazmul is because he has more pace but again he's not express and his control isn't as good as Nazmul. Also pace doesn't matter as much in the subcontinent unless your express. So Nazmul in BD conditions would prove handy I believe.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)