facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 19, 2018, 04:57 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: sarkar
Default One more shot to sabbir & taskin

As the tours go by, I certainly feel both sabbir and taskin is discarded from the national picture. With new names emerging I am sure the chances of them coming back will be soon forgotten if not already in the books.

But they are still young. Some mistakes some growing pains yet so much potential going down the drain playing in empty fields for the last year or more.

Give them a proper shot in a series, preferably New Zealand. Taskin might be useful in those conditions. And we could use a proper finisher with experience like sabbir behind Mullah. Need a genuine hitter, not a 4th opener at no.7

Otherwise... they will fade out like the 50 other guys in the last few years whose careers were done before 30. It’s already looking like a sad ending.

Give it one last shot.

Old December 19, 2018, 06:23 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Both of them should have atleast 10 years of cricket left in their cricket life. Nothing to hurry. Let them earn their comebacks.
Old December 19, 2018, 07:45 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Yep, need them to perform domestically first. If they get chances for the A team or BCB xi then they also need to perform in those matches.
Old December 19, 2018, 07:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Let them have strong domestic performances first, especially Taskin.

I would plug Sabbir into the T20 team and just let him concentrate on that in the national level.

But the big picture is this, because most fans only care about the internationals, that notion has also somewhat been drilled into the players that it is all national team or nothing. Does not have to be that way. If we can develop better domestics program marketing wise and also infra-structurally, that should provide motivation to all current and former prospects to stay relevant. Getting a call up to the national side should be a mere formality from there on.
Old December 20, 2018, 09:14 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ziya

They had enough chances. No more please.
I would rather have performers unexpectedly dropped due to coach favoritisms to come back such as Zia, Robiul or Md Shahid
Old December 20, 2018, 10:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
Let them have strong domestic performances first, especially Taskin.

I would plug Sabbir into the T20 team and just let him concentrate on that in the national level.

But the big picture is this, because most fans only care about the internationals, that notion has also somewhat been drilled into the players that it is all national team or nothing. Does not have to be that way. If we can develop better domestics program marketing wise and also infra-structurally, that should provide motivation to all current and former prospects to stay relevant. Getting a call up to the national side should be a mere formality from there on.
but I heard domestic performance doesn't mean anything. its not helping tushar, shuvagoto, naeem, junaed or Arafat sunny. how it will help them?

according to BD policy, we will give u chance when u are raw and not proven. if u are lucky and perform--u will stay and if u don't perform first few matches--u will be out forever. Then when u are matured and need to be in the team-ur door is shut forever
Old December 20, 2018, 12:46 PM
Cricket Legend

^ Oh boy, that is not good at all from the board's perspective.

But even from the player's perspective, their heads are totally down once ejected from national side. Let the goal be to be domestic stars first,and for many years, and when the cameras are on them! Replicate the int flavor in domestics. Max, I don't mean to be plugging my stuff, but please do check out the Domestic Marketing Issues episode that me and Rinat did. We talked about how we can make the domestics more attractive whereby the players will strive to be stars there.
Old December 20, 2018, 04:27 PM
ODI Cricketer

No. Why reward them and not those who performed well in domestic cricket? Taskin bowled slower than Mustafizur in Sri Lanka, he lost his pace a long time ago. Khaled would be much useful in New Zealand tests with his ability to generate bounce and Abu Jayed is very good swing bowler. As for ODI, our pace attack in the format is quite good already.
Old December 20, 2018, 04:55 PM
Cricket Guru

Taskin, sure.

Sabbir, no. Don't need scum like him near the national team.
Old December 20, 2018, 04:59 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Nope.

Beside Mash, Fizz, Rubel -- we have Saifuddin, Abu Hider, Abu Jayed, Ebadat, Khaled. Only after that Taskin.

ODI/T20 batting looks very solid too. I would give Mithun more chances than Sabbir at this point.
Old December 20, 2018, 04:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Mashrafee

Shabbir is a player that will cause more trouble in the dressing room. Loud HELL NO for him.

Taskin after correcting his action has lost his edge and it has been a downhill for him. Better to nurture Hider and Saifuddin instead.
Old December 20, 2018, 05:22 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

yea the national team is not a charity organization that hands out chances for no reason. Here is a list of players that deserves a call before Taskin:

Abu Hider
Mohammed Saifuddin
Aby Jayed
Al Amin Hossain
Ibadat Hossain
Rubel Hossain
Shuvashish Roy
Mohammad Shahid
Shoriful Islam
Yasin Arafat Mishu
Shahidul Islam
Mohor Sheik
Forhad Reza

Let us go through this list first... then he will call up the guy who cant seem to get his head around bowling proper line and length after 50+ international games

And for Sabbir,

Let me score some runs in Clemon Indoor tournament first. I heard he is a failure there too. Maybe if he succeeds in some Praan Daaber Pani Tournament in Nilfamari, we can reconsider him. Mind you, the entire Nilfamari district may call him "Abba" if he stays there too long

Last edited by Rinathq; December 20, 2018 at 06:23 PM..
Old December 20, 2018, 10:06 PM

Favorite Player: Mash

looks like ebadat is the new BC hype.
Old December 20, 2018, 10:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq

And for Sabbir,

Let me score some runs in Clemon Indoor tournament first. I heard he is a failure there too. Maybe if he succeeds in some Praan Daaber Pani Tournament in Nilfamari, we can reconsider him. Mind you, the entire Nilfamari district may call him "Abba" if he stays there too long
LOL. Sabbir is your Mushfiq.
Old December 20, 2018, 10:57 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
LOL. Sabbir is your Mushfiq.
Haha.. even if it was... I have it way easier then you. There is only so much you can rant about mushfiqs keeping...
Old December 21, 2018, 01:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Sabbir is still yet to really be consistent in any format at any level, liton and soumya at least have some claim of consistency at some level in some format. Liton has been consistent at every level except for international cricket, soumya averages almost 36 in ODIs, plus has shown periods of consistency at the domestic level, don’t remember sabbir ever doing more than an innings here and an innings there. Sabbir’s most consistent run was his first few ODIs as a lower order hitter.

If soumya and liton are starting to mature and be more consistent at the international level then it means Sabbir can probably be slotted back into the lower order in ODIs. That would mean tamim can anchor, firepower at the top with liton and soumya then some solid batting in the middle with mushy and shakib and then riyad who can be solid for the middle overs but also be a good finisher (mushy can as well) with Sabbir doing the hitting down the order.

But that’s reliant on especially liton and soumya maturing and being more reliable.

At this point I don’t see much choice other than to back liton and soumya, need to groom some batsmen for when tamim, mushy, riyad and shakib retire and these two are ahead atm. I still rate Sabbir up there talent wise with those two but liton and soumya could well be the building blocks of the future BD team.
Old December 21, 2018, 08:52 AM
Cricket Sage

What kind of shot they need? Bonduker guli? Naki vodka?
Old December 21, 2018, 09:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Mashrafee

Shabbir needs a shot to protect him from STDs

Taskin needs to stop taking shots of him to post on Instagraam
Old December 21, 2018, 09:26 AM

Sabbir can still target that number 7 spot in ODI. For World cup our top 6 is pretty much settled with tamim,liton,sarkar,mushy,shakib and mullah. number 7 is still anyone's game
Old December 21, 2018, 10:07 AM
Cricket Legend

^ I think they are leaning towards Saifuddin. Second best all rounder in the side after Shakib. Miraz has been treated like a tail, and has battled like a tail too unless pushed up the order. I was in favor of experimenting a bit with Miraz, moving him up, but then that would unsettle other batsmen I was told.
Old December 21, 2018, 10:29 AM

^number 7 needs to be a proper finisher. Bcaz of shakib we can easily play 1 spinner and 3 pace bowler..we dont need a fast bowling allrounder at 7..WC pitches will be pancakes and saif will be taken to the cleaners with his medium pace. Saif's batting isnt that good to give him the number 7 spot
Old December 21, 2018, 12:31 PM
Cricket Sage

personally I am not that sure how good or bad Saif is as a batsman. he haven't batted much. Plus he is young, given chance, he may improve. Also I want to see how he improve as a bowler in limited over games.

Sabbir should not be forgotten, because he is very talented and fun to watch. But at this point I see no reason to give him his slot replacing Saif.
Old December 22, 2018, 04:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Sabbir should play t20 only imo can't do worse than Ariful.. but ariful needs a few more t20 series imo.
Old December 22, 2018, 04:13 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ziya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
yea the national team is not a charity organization that hands out chances for no reason. Here is a list of players that deserves a call before Taskin:

Abu Hider
Mohammed Saifuddin
Aby Jayed
Al Amin Hossain
Ibadat Hossain
Rubel Hossain
Shuvashish Roy
Mohammad Shahid
Shoriful Islam
Yasin Arafat Mishu
Shahidul Islam
Mohor Sheik
Forhad Reza

Let us go through this list first... then he will call up the guy who cant seem to get his head around bowling proper line and length after 50+ international games

And for Sabbir,

Don't forget Zia and Robiul
Old December 22, 2018, 01:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Taskin is coming back from back injury