facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: How important NCL is for national players?
10 - Most important 7 28.00%
9 - very very important 5 20.00%
8 - very important 4 16.00%
7 - important 5 20.00%
6 - View 3 0 0%
5 - View 3 3 12.00%
4 - Not important 0 0%
3 - other things are important 0 0%
2 - false security 1 4.00%
1 - Not at all important 0 0%
0 - I don't care 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 9, 2008, 02:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Default National players in NCL - Poll Question

BCB just concluded their 2007-08 National Cricket League. While this is still fresh in our memories, I had to ask you guys a very important question. Your participation is a must. (I humbly request)

View 1:
National players were absent for a fair amount of rounds this year. That had diminished the standard and competition of NCL somewhat. Cheated the non-national players of a better competition. Most of our national cricket players are still under 25. They need these domestic cricket matches to improve their skills, understand the game, regain form and correct flaws.

View 2:
We are not there yet. These games are meaningless for the national players. With these kind of dead pitches, faltu umpiring these games negatively impact them. After a decent knock, some may think "Ki honu ray". False security to some. Domestic Cricket is for selected few. Those who can not make it to the top level ever.

View 3:
In the middle. Better umpiring and pitches are more important than making sure the national players gets to play the game.

How important it is for the national players to participate in NCL?

Answer wisely. 10 - 7 would be under view 1 being the most important, 4 to 1 would be in line with view 2 being the least and 6 - 5 would be under view 3. Explain why you chose the number. 0 is 'I don't care'.
Old January 9, 2008, 03:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Very Important.

I will give it a 9 if not 10. Doesn't matter whether the pitch is dead or not, our players need to build up the temperament of playing a long innings. National league can help them build that habit. We haven't seen a double century in this NCL which is quite disappointing specially when our national team players played 5-6 rounds of cricket. Quality can be an issue but most of our players to quite talented to overcome this issue. Players like Ashraful, Aftab or Tamim look quite comfortable while playing but still loses their wicket not because they are not good enough but because they don't have the temperament to play a long calculated innings.
Old January 9, 2008, 03:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Most Important. At least for next 2/3 years so that the league gets more popularity and other players get serious about it. After that I don't think they will be required to play in the league.
Old January 9, 2008, 03:10 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Most important, obviously !!! Cricket is not learned by osmosis and it's the only FC and List-A domestic we've got irrespective of the quality offered right now. That said, that quality is improving although the pitches are not.

Besides, all those who did well in the NCL this season, meaning batting-wise scored at least one ton or in Farhad's case came close to it, also did reasonably well during the course of this difficult tour, Tushar and Shakib being the exceptions. Ash is Ash and that rule really don't seem to apply to our only closest-to-world-class batsman. Aftab and HaBa did not do well in the NCL and just look at what they're doing.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; January 9, 2008 at 08:55 PM..
Old January 9, 2008, 03:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

NCL will prosper if NTL player play all the time. cause what ash says got a value then what jodu modu says. so if ash says ump needs to improve than bcb will act...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old January 9, 2008, 04:48 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

This is true that the standard of the NCL at the moment is below par. Still I think that participation of national players in NCL is very very important. WHY? Considering the current standard, if they do not participate, the standard will degrade further; else it will improve gradually with time.
Old January 9, 2008, 04:52 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

it should be most important thing to them
Old January 9, 2008, 06:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

national players are important but another big problem with the NCL is lack of direction for players. in most domestic leagues the goal for a player is simple, perform well consistently and you'll be considered for the national side. this isn't the case in the NCL, in the NCL talent comes first and performance is somewhat ignored. which means the most talented NCL players know they don't have to perform that consistently to be considered for the national team. which means they don't work hard to improve which is why the standard isn't as good as it could be.

imo the selectors should start selecting on merit, select consistency first then talent, pretty soon the players who are getting free rides or players who think that they're so talented they don't need to work that hard to get a national call up will realise they do have to work hard to get a call up.

as for national players playing in the comp, i think they got a decent run this year, in australia the national players don't get that many games either in the domestic comps. but it definately does help the standard and does give the national players a chance to work on their skills. i think if the national players can play 5 or 6 rounds of NCL every season then the NCL should count themselves lucky because in other countries national players can play even less in the domestic comps than the BD national players do (and in other countries domestic comps are often longer than the NCL), 5 or 6 rounds is pretty good.
Old January 9, 2008, 06:32 PM
Cricket Guru

It is definately most important.

Im not sure if this has been said by any member, but i think our legue cricket can be better if we can get players from ireland or Zim to join. we can have two or three so called bdeshi players with us. I think this will help us improve a lot. Even though this might mean some Bangladeshi players wont get a chance, but our cricket needs to be competative. If someone scores a century in NCL they automatically get chosen for the national team. This is not right. There should be more competition.
Old January 10, 2008, 01:08 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

i voted important, option 7.

well, it should not be taken as seriously as international matches but it should be a place where you learn to play cricket and learn it properly, work on form and technique, remember, all the international matches count more than domestic matches...

if you are the type of player who likes to save the real stuff for tougher opponents, take NCL lightly and perform just above average to keep your national spot, your overall goal in NCL is to come out by the end of it a better player, and you should focus on that. but do not die for it as i have already repeated that international matches are far too important.

however, do not take it so lightly that you end up skipping three to four matches(like Rafique), if you need serious rest, consult BCB first and i am sure they will understand and work something out.
Old January 10, 2008, 01:30 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

i voted for important.

it is most important for the non-national team players that the national teamers play. this is so that they get the highest level of competition possible. for the national teamers, its more about them being amongst the runs and wickets and for the batters to learn how to play a long innings.

however, i feel that the coach, Siddons will be able to achieve more in one month with the boys than the NCL can in one complete season.

#OneTeam1Dream