facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 12, 2007, 11:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Knockout_U
Thanks miraz bhai for spending your valuable time for us.

I second this.

If BD can score 150 runs against these 2 strong batting teams, then in my eyes, they have done well, even if they lose.

Young and reckless are the right words to describe them. I hope Ashraful can lead somewhat by example, so far he has failed and looking like another Bashar.

Old September 12, 2007, 11:40 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Thanks zainab.

It's now on the front page.

Preview : New look Bangladesh face stiff challenge in Twenty20 World Cup
Khondaker Mirazur Rahman
Bangladesh have raised the expectations of its well wishers after the historic success in the last world cup but failed to live up to the expectation. Despite the recent failures, Bangladesh is one of the most exciting teams of the Twenty20 world cup and they are expected to entertain the proteas crowd. Now to make it more than entertainment against oppositions with proven match-winners, the young Tigers must get their acts right and perform as a team. Otherwise, Twenty20 world cup will be yet another learning experience for a talented team who achieved lot less than their potential.
Read article »
Old September 12, 2007, 06:45 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

And here's cricnfo's take on tomorrows game. Cricinfo is hardly giving us any chance.

Quote:
Bangladesh v West Indies, Group A, Johannesburg
West Indies look to tighten up their act
Cricinfo staff
September 12, 2007

Chris Gayle already has the only Twenty20 hundred. What's next? © Getty Images

After Chris Gayle murdered the South African bowling for the first Twenty20 century, West Indies bowled with such indiscipline against a rampant Herschelle Gibbs that a game that should have been won was lost. They need to sort out their catching, and their bowling, and the Bangladesh game could well be the chance to do it. On the other hand, already with one loss, and Bangladesh having some batsmen who can do some serious damage over short periods of time, West Indies can't afford to take the result for granted.
Bat play: Mohammad Ashraful's biggest problem in Test and ODI cricket has been his inability to curb his natural stroke-making tendencies. There will, however, be no need to hold back in the Twenty20s and in Aftab Ahmed he has another batsman capable of hitting the ball clean and long.

Read full
Old September 12, 2007, 07:07 PM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
I second this.

If BD can score 150 runs against these 2 strong batting teams, then in my eyes, they have done well, even if they lose.

Young and reckless are the right words to describe them. I hope Ashraful can lead somewhat by example, so far he has failed and looking like another Bashar.
You still didnt get it zainab. Ashraful never perform against minnows or warm up match. He just do 1 innings per tournament to knock big one out.
Old September 12, 2007, 08:04 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
You still didnt get it zainab. Ashraful never perform against minnows or warm up match. He just do 1 innings per tournament to knock big one out.
lolz..

i hope he doest it tomorrow..
Old September 12, 2007, 08:28 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Bangladesh bowling will offer lot more varieties and it will be difficult to score freely especially against Rasel and Razzak.

Everything will depend on our batsmen.
I wish Ashraful does not bowl his full quota. It might be scary.
Old September 13, 2007, 08:24 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Difficult, but not impossible. Variation in bowling is important. And in Twenty20, my honest opinion is that such variation is missing from our team at the moment. I hope our boys prove me wrong, however.
The main problem is in our batting. At current form we have no chance to post even 150+ score against our group opponents.

If batsmen can post 160+ score, bowlers have the ability to take the match to wire.
First, thanks to the boys for proving me wrong. This is the first time in my life that I was happy to be wrong.

Second, yes, you're right about the batting problems. But that's nothing new. I was just stressing more on the bowling, since our bowling is under quite a bit of threat at the moment.

Congrats BD
Old September 14, 2007, 07:37 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally posted in Preview
Bangladesh have raised the expectations of its well wishers after the historic success in the last world cup but failed to live up to the expectation. Despite the recent failures, Bangladesh is one of the most exciting teams of the Twenty20 world cup and they are expected to entertain the proteas crowd. Now to make it more than entertainment against oppositions with proven match-winners, the young Tigers must get their acts right and perform as a team. Otherwise, Twenty20 world cup will be yet another learning experience for a talented team who achieved lot less than their potential.
Our boys are proving the preview wrong. They are entertaining the crowds and haven't faced stiff challenge from West Indies. Hopefully they will prove wrong again tomorrow.
Old September 14, 2007, 07:52 PM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by muradnyc
lolz..

i hope he doest it tomorrow..
Didnt he????

তার মধ্যে আবার রমজানের চাদ দেখা গিয়েছিল সেদিন। ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজ আর যায় কোথায়???
Old September 14, 2007, 07:53 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Let's just see how well they fare tomorrow.... or today, technically.