facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 11, 2005, 03:53 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default Margin of defeat in Natwest series ... can we limit it to 100 runs ?

There is no denying the fact that Bangladesh will lose all their games if the both sides are allowed to play for 50 overs each.

Now all we want to do is to minimise the margin of defeat within 100 runs.

We allowed Australia to score 256 in Australia but now things aren't the same now. Australian batting line up wants to score 400 and i am not sure if that will happen in this natwest series but since they don't have anyone in the caliber of Afirdi or Lara ( Gilchrist comes close) i would say they may end up scoring 350 runs. For us to score 250 runs while chasing would be very difficult against the Aussies as Lee's pace will prove to be very difficult to negotiate for our batsmen.

I am hoping that we can restrict them inside 300 runs and when we chase we would be able to score 200+ runs.

But the way Aftab, Bashar played against England we may end up doing well against England than against Australia.

I would say if we play according to our potential, we should be able to score 230 against England.

If we perform well against England we can do well against all the Australian bowlers except Lee because to me, all of our batsmen looks to be vulnerable against genuine pace.