facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old February 12, 2018, 03:26 PM
Cricket Savant

Default Generating internet revenue

hey idumb,

since i can't contact you via wall post or dm, do you have any ideas on how to generate revenues from my links below? how can i maximize profit and build a 90 billion dollar corporation and an EMPIRE!???????

I am actually serious. If cricket takes 90% chunk of my life, then might as well focus there.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Old February 12, 2018, 08:06 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
hey idumb,

since i can't contact you via wall post or dm, do you have any ideas on how to generate revenues from my links below? how can i maximize profit and build a 90 billion dollar corporation and an EMPIRE!???????

I am actually serious. If cricket takes 90% chunk of my life, then might as well focus there.
I know I wasn't asked, but if I can interject with a few quick things.

1. I dunno if it's just my screen, but the layout is messy. I think you can do a lot more with design- use space efficiently, not just links line by line. It took me a while before I realised the video appeared at the bottom of the page.
2. A search function would be handy- tags/categories?
3. Maybe you can use your writing ability to set some context behind each video or whatever curious case you're showing...
4. Compile a mailing list and send them periodic blogs/videos etc

there's more things you can do to give this a leg up. interesting page..not bad for time killing stuff...if you have some spare cash there's plenty you can do...

remember AMZN was just a 18$ stock...there's no reason why "cricket curiosities" can't become "sports curiosities"
Old February 12, 2018, 08:19 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-man
I know I wasn't asked, but if I can interject with a few quick things.

1. I dunno if it's just my screen, but the layout is messy. I think you can do a lot more with design- use space efficiently, not just links line by line. It took me a while before I realised the video appeared at the bottom of the page.
2. A search function would be handy- tags/categories?
3. Maybe you can use your writing ability to set some context behind each video or whatever curious case you're showing...
4. Compile a mailing list and send them periodic blogs/videos etc

there's more things you can do to give this a leg up. interesting page..not bad for time killing stuff...if you have some spare cash there's plenty you can do...

remember AMZN was just a 18$ stock...there's no reason why "cricket curiosities" can't become "sports curiosities"
Thanks G-Man for the response. Yes, the mobile layout -well not messy but ambiguous. Looks great on desktop though! My dad said to number them, but lol I shot back this is not a laundry list. Kinda want to give an artistic museum vibe.

He also suggested to put a blurb. But that will stall productivity. To upload 1 video it takes roughly a minute, but I want minimal interference and let the videos do the talking. Plus keeping it simple without adding additional content as blurb helps me to get in the zone and add stuffs at rapid rate.

The search bar and mailing list are fantastic ideas. Will definitely try to implement them. Do you know if I monetize my website it would be beneficial?

Thanks for the inspirational memo at the end.

Yeah, I envision where my company's hand and reach would be over anything and everything related to cricket curiosities. (My ultimate dream is to see Cricket Curiosities is a sponsor for an ICC game!! :P )I am even planning to make 365 rollo desk calendar or flashcards or even an app where after I gamefy it when one can keep track of the stuffs such as 1/10000 as one reloads the cricket curiosities factoids. And after reading 10000 or so one can 'unlock' and contribute on their own.

Some random haphazard ideas.

I spent about less than 20 bucks in 4 days and already reached past 1000 likes for cricket curiosities. So I know there is market and potential. Then again, don't know what would "meaningless" Fb likes can help to generate revenue.

Thanks again for your feedback. (Mods: can you please take the discussion to other website such as "side hustle" or "business ideas"?) Thanks!

Old February 12, 2018, 10:20 PM
ODI Cricketer

well yeah if you can monetise it i'm sure it'll be beneficial. not sure what you mean by prouctivity...but from user experience point of view..I would say every video you put up needs as many touch points as possible e.g. webpage link > video > scorecard > social media reacts to that event > news articles about that event > back to your page showing them other videos similar to that.

start at point 1, take them full circle and poitn them to watch another click.

get a viewer - retain a viewer. that way your webpage is 'sticky' - once people come, they stay. the longer someone engages with the webpage, the better is for you...esp if you want to sell advertisement opps!
Old February 12, 2018, 11:21 PM
Cricket Savant

Thank you mods.

Old February 12, 2018, 11:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-man
well yeah if you can monetise it i'm sure it'll be beneficial. not sure what you mean by prouctivity...but from user experience point of view..I would say every video you put up needs as many touch points as possible e.g. webpage link > video > scorecard > social media reacts to that event > news articles about that event > back to your page showing them other videos similar to that.

start at point 1, take them full circle and poitn them to watch another click.

get a viewer - retain a viewer. that way your webpage is 'sticky' - once people come, they stay. the longer someone engages with the webpage, the better is for you...esp if you want to sell advertisement opps!
You are dead right to fix the mobile layout. Or else I will lose interest fast. But I am reluctant to add any verbal contents. I am not doing this for audience but also me too, primarily. And just spamming on my own website is a great way to kill time lol...

My main concern is copyright issues so I better get hold of a good internet lawyer. LOL I mean copyright internet lawyer.

Don't want to make this thread about my issue only rather a general tone. So anyone have any experience making money online either from Youtube or websites? I know Sovik's Brian Lara video got like a frikkin million views man.

Old February 12, 2018, 11:31 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Do it for the love, nah for the likes.
Old February 13, 2018, 12:49 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Do it for the love, nah for the likes.
I love you. It really cooled my dil. Wisest, sage advice ever. Thanks! I was straying way far off from Taoist virtue of "out of pure love" mindset.

Dude I'd love to meet you someday in real life. You seem like a very chill dude.

Old February 13, 2018, 04:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

What is your unique selling point?

I click the website, some links comes up. I click those link some videos come up.

What is unique in this?

Why should I (user/audience/customer) visit your website?
Old February 13, 2018, 05:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD

I click the website, some links comes up. I click those link some videos come up.

What is unique in this?

Agreed, sportskeeda, does the sane thing, not hating but include more sports
Old February 13, 2018, 05:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
Agreed, sportskeeda, does the sane thing, not hating but include more sports
I want Zeeshan to make a success of this. Guy is a brilliant writer! Talented.

Someone like me have nearly 1500 followers on twitter and don’t have the extensive writing skills like Zeeshan.! Imagine having Zeeshans writing skills! Atleast a minimum of 10-k followers on twitter. In this social media era, it’s like a crime not making your talent count.

That’s why I want to understand his website/his idea/business etc
Old February 13, 2018, 06:12 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:

What is unique in this?

Well you don't have to. I am not competing with anyone. Merely showcasing my selection and selling my "taste". As I said, it is primarily for me. If someone loves it, then sure be on board. No coercion. Kinda like creating a damn Rothko and inviting others to see it, hate it or love it.

Let us be very clear (and emboldened by aklemalp): I am really doing it for myself and not compromising my style, content or layout for appeasement of mass.

I don't really need ideas about style and taste from you guys, rather business perspective and financial growth. Then again both facets are intertwined.

And I am not being blunt either.

Old February 13, 2018, 06:19 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
I want Zeeshan to make a success of this. Guy is a brilliant writer! Talented.

Someone like me have nearly 1500 followers on twitter and don’t have the extensive writing skills like Zeeshan.! Imagine having Zeeshans writing skills! Atleast a minimum of 10-k followers on twitter. In this social media era, it’s like a crime not making your talent count.

That’s why I want to understand his website/his idea/business etc
You don't have to be a Proustian author to make splash in this modern world. Make a damn cat video and see the likes roll in. Of course, I am saying this from a marketing perspective, while my stickiness to my core integrity and ideals of my personal taste remains the same to be honored.

For instance, ZERO people will actually read Pynchon or even Wallace word by word cover to cover. The skill of marketing is to IGNORE content and even sell water and air by magic.

That magic is what I am seeking from you!

For instance, look at this post:

https://9gag.com/gag/aR3eOvA?ref=w.upvotenoti

I did jacks--- yet kinda made it to trending. Before I could painstakingly create sth. original and still not get attention. Luck has to do with it too, but...

"Brevity is the soul of wit" anyone?

Old February 13, 2018, 06:22 AM
Cricket Legend

The website looks very cool, I like it. But the question is how do you get users?

Without users, advertisers won’t pay anything.

So the next question becomes what is unique that users would visit the site?

If you want to grow (financial growth) you need advertisers. And they will only come when they see your website has solid traffic.
Old February 13, 2018, 01:49 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
I love you. It really cooled my dil. Wisest, sage advice ever. Thanks! I was straying way far off from Taoist virtue of "out of pure love" mindset.

Dude I'd love to meet you someday in real life. You seem like a very chill dude.
Success don't come overnight.

Okay, so that was nice of you to say that. Sometimes I say things that my mouth can't handle. In this case, both my mouth and mind agreed.

You, your own self should be sagacious in the end...or matter of fact, throughout this journey of yours.

Thanks again,
Peace and Love
Old February 13, 2018, 05:14 PM
Cricket Savant

Found the answer guys! See... it wasn't that hard. lol

https://websitesetup.org/33-ways-to-monetize-website/

Braces for mufi bhai to shoot back: "ta beri jodi korte paro tayle abar jigao kano?" NOT jay z jigga what! NOT kano from mortal kombaT!

Ami recoils and c--cks and fires: "arrey mia tayle to bola jay keu kono proshnoi korte parbe na bc te"

meh blame it on chess to see 8 zillion moves ahead :p