facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 16, 2016, 12:11 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default Problem with our batsmen!

When I see the way the likes of Chris Gayle, Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli bat, I can clear see the difference between our batsmen and them.

These aforementioned players try to play straight. Look at the innings Gayle played today against England. In majority of his shots he tries to play as much straight possible. Today I saw how Sabbir and Tamim got out, how Shakib and Mushfiq struggled. They all have a very high tendency of playing square to the wicket and cross batted shots.

It was an unbelievable shot Sabbir played, the ball didn't spin much, he didn't even have much room to play it as a square cut, it was pretty much as straight as it comes, and he ends playing a square cut.

I don't understand the reason behind this problem. Playing straight is supposed to be the very basic technique. Most of our batsmen don't have proper technique. If Indian batsmen can have such proper technique, why can't ours?

Old March 16, 2016, 12:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

if indian batsman had proper technique they would be scoring more than 79 surely?
Old March 16, 2016, 12:31 PM
Banned

Don't have POWER HITTER! That's about it.
Old March 16, 2016, 12:33 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
if indian batsman had proper technique they would be scoring more than 79 surely?
It was an one off match. Their batsmen regularly score 50s in T20 and hundreds in other formats. They whitewashed Australia in Australia and chased 200s in T20.
Old March 16, 2016, 12:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_realist
When I see the way the likes of Chris Gayle, Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli bat, I can clear see the difference between our batsmen and them.

These aforementioned players try to play straight. Look at the innings Gayle played today against England. In majority of his shots he tries to play as much straight possible. Today I saw how Sabbir and Tamim got out, how Shakib and Mushfiq struggled. They all have a very high tendency of playing square to the wicket and cross batted shots.

It was an unbelievable shot Sabbir played, the ball didn't spin much, he didn't even have much room to play it as a square cut, it was pretty much as straight as it comes, and he ends playing a square cut.

I don't understand the reason behind this problem. Playing straight is supposed to be the very basic technique. Most of our batsmen don't have proper technique. If Indian batsmen can have such proper technique, why can't ours?
Pakistani batsmen played mostly square of the wicket.
Old March 16, 2016, 12:41 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Pakistani batsmen played mostly square of the wicket.
I never talked about Pakistani batsmen in my post. They were allowed to play square because our bowlers gave them a lot of space to free their arms. Our batsmen didn't face such rubbish bowling, Pakistanis bowled much better.
Old March 16, 2016, 01:01 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
This. India scored 79. Bangladesh scored 146.

Bangladesh's batsmen are better than India's.
Old March 16, 2016, 01:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

One loss now seems like some people lost total faith on our team. come on guys, first of of all our bowlers were practicing in dharmasala whereas pakistan were practicing in kolkata, even had their practice match in kolkata. Pakistani batsman made out of the pitch most where our bowlers didn't have any clue what typy of assit they will get from the pitch. Poor display mostly from our bowlers which let the batting down. Have faith on our team guys. Not everyday you will win, sometime your turn to loose too. Look at formidable india they collapsed in their own made pitch.
Old March 16, 2016, 01:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Quote:
lol
Old March 16, 2016, 01:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahroone

On the evidence of runs scored in both their respective opening games. Yes, BD is better
Old March 16, 2016, 01:21 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Orange juice drinks kom kora hoy idaning. etai problem
Old March 16, 2016, 01:26 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan
One loss now seems like some people lost total faith on our team. come on guys, first of of all our bowlers were practicing in dharmasala whereas pakistan were practicing in kolkata, even had their practice match in kolkata. Pakistani batsman made out of the pitch most where our bowlers didn't have any clue what typy of assit they will get from the pitch. Poor display mostly from our bowlers which let the batting down. Have faith on our team guys. Not everyday you will win, sometime your turn to loose too. Look at formidable india they collapsed in their own made pitch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahroone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
On the evidence of runs scored in both their respective opening games. Yes, BD is better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna
Absolutely we are better than Indian Crap batting line up. Aha feeling Proud .
We lost against an ordinary team whereas India lost to the current World Cup runners-ups. Even then the margin of our loss is higher than India. Just because India lost, doesn't mean we should our loss. India won 10 out of their last 11 T20s, how many did we win?
Old March 16, 2016, 01:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Soumya - Lack of footwork and confidence, very limited shots ( either slicing the ball towards 3rd man or playing across leg side)

Shakib - can't rotate regularly, waste too many balls early in the innings

Mushy - totally out of form. management should give him a rest

Mithun -

Only Tamim & Shabbir is playing well in this World cup !
Old March 16, 2016, 01:29 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Since our batsmen are not Chris Gayle or even Maxwell/Warner/Watson we can't afford to have dot balls.

DOT ball.

That is what our problem is.

Mushi is a master of that. Sarkar following his path. Couldn't do the damage today and got out before that. Shakib use to be a singles machine. Now he is trying to hit every ball out of the park and thus turning in to dot ball montri. I have no problem of Tamim, Shabbir having few dot balls cause they can make it up for it. The rest including Riyad must rotate the strike.
Old March 16, 2016, 01:58 PM
Cricket Guru

What T_E said...

I've said before our players are not big hitters, but at the very least emulate Kohlis approach to this format. Tamim and Sabbir has got the right idea and I thought Rahim would be the perfect batsman to as well.
Old March 16, 2016, 02:06 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadim
Orange juice drinks kom kora hoy idaning. etai problem
Stadium a to komola sundori chilo vai
Old March 16, 2016, 02:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Since our batsmen are not Chris Gayle or even Maxwell/Warner/Watson we can't afford to have dot balls.

DOT ball.

That is what our problem is.

Mushi is a master of that. Sarkar following his path. Couldn't do the damage today and got out before that. Shakib use to be a singles machine. Now he is trying to hit every ball out of the park and thus turning in to dot ball montri. I have no problem of Tamim, Shabbir having few dot balls cause they can make it up for it. The rest including Riyad must rotate the strike.
"Dot ball montri"! Heehee. I like. I'm going to use it in conversation more often.
Old March 16, 2016, 02:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_realist
We lost against an ordinary team whereas India lost to the current World Cup runners-ups. Even then the margin of our loss is higher than India. Just because India lost, doesn't mean we should our loss. India won 10 out of their last 11 T20s, how many did we win?
bro, Pakistan bowling attack is not an ordinary, Aamir, Irfan, Wahab all of them are 140kp+ bowlers, no toher team has same time three bowlers bowling 140kp+, those guys have varioations. more than 160 runs agaisnt those bowling are not easy.