facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 10, 2009, 12:00 AM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Now that we all have your permission, the discussion can finally go on. I think Sangakkara should retire and coach our wicket-keepers.
Incorrigible!!! You're like a diabetic at a sweet shop, can't resist!

Old March 10, 2009, 12:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

There will be no changes in the team... Mushfique, as bad of a wicketkeeper as he is, is still going to be in the squad. Yes, MD. Mithun will be in the preliminary squad and should be starting to be in the circle of potentials but he is not going to be in the final XI for the time being. And besides, as much as I personally dont like Mushfique as a WicketKeeper, I think any new Wicketkeeper will take time to adjust with the team now. Be it Mithun or Roni or whoever, they have to be playing with A teams first. Unfortunately, there arent any A team tours planned that we are aware of soon... Mushfique wont get any better,, he is what he is, a mediocre WicketKeeper. But he is no doubt a good batsman at 5 and perhaps better than Saqib. Nevertheless, Neither the board nor the selectors have any plans to replace Mushfique. But competition wont be bad and having an altrenative, specially in 20/20, would be the best thing they can do to compete for his space than getting into the mold of "automatic choice"...
Old March 10, 2009, 12:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

mithun can be tested in t20 cricket imo, as for rahim being better than shakib at #5, maybe in tests but certainly not in ODIs. as for rahim being a bad keeper, it's interesting that fairly recently i've heard people on other forums say that rahim is actually a decent keeper.
Old March 10, 2009, 12:36 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
mithun can be tested in t20 cricket imo, as for rahim being better than shakib at #5, maybe in tests but certainly not in ODIs. as for rahim being a bad keeper, it's interesting that fairly recently i've heard people on other forums say that rahim is actually a decent keeper.
well maybe they got distracted with his constant scream that they forget to look at his actual skill as a wicket keeper
Old March 10, 2009, 12:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
He's on the Ramdin and Prior Level of Keeping ... Way to many Drops at this level. Really hurts Bowlers Moral, He did make a nice catch on Mahela? in the Tri Series Final
Old March 10, 2009, 12:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

I think bring Mithun on 20/20 against Pakis.... in that way.. MR will know that he has competition.... If Mithun is a better keeper... and MR is good TEST batsman... I dont see any problem with both of them playing (2/3 year down the line) on the same team....
Old March 10, 2009, 03:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Since the board already declared that he could be the next captain,, there is no doubt that he is going to be there for a long time... One thing about Mushfique is, he does seem to have the penchant to learn from his mistakes, he is young and can improve. All that is about his batting. WK skills is such that even in the domestic leagues, he is not the best perfomer.. let alone international scene. There arent any known statistics of his dropped catches or stumping.. but he does try his best despite his limitations.

I think Mithun does need to be closely observed, kept in loop and given the attention he deserves. He probably should get some advise from the national coach or Heera,so that he does get the motivation to improve his skills and start to think of himself as a potential replacement. However, if he can keep up the momentum as he has been since his U19, I think he could be in the team for ODIs soon to play side by side with Mushfique.
Old March 23, 2009, 09:16 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

Quote:
saghir hossain must get frustrated alot, whenever he becomes the clear back-up keeper for the national team some young up-start bursts onto the scene e.g. rahim, dhiman, mithun. he's a guy who's always around but not quite there.
There's a reason for that, pavel flatters to deceive. if he'd scored half as many runs as Mithun, everyone would be talking about him as BD's next keeper. So far he's played some good knocks for his club side (in T20 and one dayers) but failed to kick on.

The truth is we need a keeper who can contribute with the bat, Sahaghir has failed to prove he can do this, which is why the young and inexperienced mithun is being touted. Our last best chance? Perhaps, but such is the state of BD cricket...
Old March 23, 2009, 09:17 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
right, thank you gowza!
i think i remembered the other young keeper's name: it's ashikur rahman i think! still need to check!
also who is pavel? isn't he a keeper-batsman as well?
Sahaghir Hossain is Pavel. Like all bangladeshi's he has an alias...
Old March 23, 2009, 03:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
Since the board already declared that he could be the next captain,, there is no doubt that he is going to be there for a long time... One thing about Mushfique is, he does seem to have the penchant to learn from his mistakes, he is young and can improve. All that is about his batting. WK skills is such that even in the domestic leagues, he is not the best perfomer.. let alone international scene. There arent any known statistics of his dropped catches or stumping.. but he does try his best despite his limitations.

I think Mithun does need to be closely observed, kept in loop and given the attention he deserves. He probably should get some advise from the national coach or Heera,so that he does get the motivation to improve his skills and start to think of himself as a potential replacement. However, if he can keep up the momentum as he has been since his U19, I think he could be in the team for ODIs soon to play side by side with Mushfique.