facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 12, 2005, 10:29 PM
Club Cricketer

Abahani had 4 players from Canada not 7 and one of them was a sub. From the 4 players 2 came to watch the game hearing about Bashar and Golla bhai. They played just because Bashar and Golla wasn't playing. But in all fairness Club 40 put up a good fight and if I am not wrong they also brought 2 players from other state.

Old July 12, 2005, 11:07 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally posted by cricket_er
Farukh-Bhai himself played for Abahani last year and Is comming to play for them this year.
As far as I remember, Faruk last played for City Club, not Abahoni. Then he became the Cheif selector.
Old July 12, 2005, 11:20 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Mahmood
Quote:
Originally posted by cricket_er
Farukh-Bhai himself played for Abahani last year and Is comming to play for them this year.
As far as I remember, Faruk last played for City Club, not Abahoni. Then he became the Cheif selector.
I think cricket_er meant Faruk played for NY Abahani last year, NOT Dhaka Abahani in his post.
Old July 13, 2005, 10:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

NY politics r kotha shunsi onek ekhon ektu dekhlamo.... NY tey BD Assosiation 2 ta onusthan hoy du ta.. eid shunsi hoy dui din (diff date that is) now new addition 2 that.. plyr nea tanatani... i think both should have played in both team i mean golla for 40 (as sadi bhai says best batsman!!! looks like they like him more) and shumon for Abahani but instead no one played and who is the looser from this???? ALL BD People for not be able to ply with them....
Old July 13, 2005, 11:41 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Saeed Anwar

Quote:
Originally posted by Mithu
I played for club 40. And we lost the match againts abahani, they made 143/10 we made 119/10.Btw abahani had 7 players who came from canada.. They own as a strong team. But as a cricketer i would like to play with bangladesh captain bashar and best batsman javed bhai, dont matter they r in my againts team or in my team. I missed it and we all missed their bating. Politics and jealousy kills everything =) .. anyway i specially thanks SADi for inviting. Guys whoever live in new york, plz come on every saturday to kissena blvd/ both memorial to watch bd cricket matches. Thanks.
Great. I will drop by.
Old July 13, 2005, 11:42 PM
Street Cricketer

- The score board says, 7 players came from canada eventhough im nah complaining =). and ya Club 40 put up a good fight,
also if the umpire wouldnt give stumped out on noball..
it might changed the result of the match. Its all good though. Anything can happen on cricket.
- [akabir77] loll you right bro.. as i said we missed their batting..
- [ dawah.tabligh ] =) holla brother. sure drop by, there will be 4 matches on this saturday which is july 16th. First 2 matchs will starts at 8.am and other 2 matches at 2.pm.
Old July 14, 2005, 01:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

lol...sorry cricket_er... i just provided u the news... watever i heard and i think thats wat i wrote in my post also... anyways by the way i dun play for club forty... I play for the vipers... anyways u seem like a strong abahoni fan.... good luck in coming matches...
Old July 14, 2005, 09:23 AM
Club Cricketer

Sadi,

Sorry if I sounded little diffensive. I was very disapointed with the way everyone conducted ( Sumon, Golla as well as officials who were getting them to play ) . But once I got to the gorund I was actually happy that they didn't play. You see they are assets of our country and if they played and got injured (You know the condition of the ground and pitch) we would have had only ourselves to blame. There are many ex-national players who plays in this legue thats great but we shouldn't risk playing our current national players in case of injury resulting from the ground or the pitch. Again thats only my point of view. Once again sorry for the diffensive tone, I liked the guys from both team a lot. Hope we can all live in harmony in the coming days.
Old July 14, 2005, 09:53 AM
Cricket Legend

well thanks for the reply....actually yeah I totally get ur point and agree with you.... however playing with such a player is also a great experience we all dont want to miss... anyways... did u hear about the news that shahriar hussain biddhut is coming??
Old July 14, 2005, 11:16 AM
Club Cricketer

I didn't know about biddhut, I only know about people who comes to play for Abahani. And we are expecting to see some big names in the comming week. Not sure if I am allowed to give out the names. But thats why I like the NewYork legue so much, you get to play for or against these players.
Old July 14, 2005, 09:40 PM
Cricket Legend

do u play for abahoni??