facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 29, 2007, 05:42 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Default Enough already, Australia : go away

Australia won world cup cricket 1987 as underdog. Since then only Pakistan (an unconvincing win) and Sri Lanka (1996) have managed to win world cup and the rest is simply Australia.

In fact since 1996, no team is even posing any threat to the mighty Aussies. The fate of the tournament is getting decided from the first round and we all are waiting to see who is gonna meet Australia in final. That's it, winner will be Australia.

Cricket is losing it's unpredictable nature when one of the competing team is Australia, it's getting boring, annoying and a very one-sided affair.

Next world cup is in 2011. A good number of Australian super heroes will not be there to repeat the successes of last three world cup.

McGrath, Gilly, Ponting, Hussey, Hogg, Symonds will not be there. I know they have replacements ready, still enough is enough.

The rest of the teams must take the advantage of the absence of these players.

Australia, you are the finest team of the world cricket, you have proved that over and again.

We are fully convinced, we don't need any more proof, Now please for the sake of cricket, GO AWAY!!
Old April 29, 2007, 08:10 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Don't worry Bangladesh will send them home anyway come next CWC!

Hope in twelve years time you dont have to write a post about BD team in the same manner.
Old April 29, 2007, 08:15 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Ash, Sakib, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
McGrath, Gilly, Ponting, Hussey, Hogg, Symonds will not be there. I know they have replacements ready, still enough is enough.
datz a gud news!! without dem aussies will become slightly weak i thnk..bt still dey preparin more McGraths, Gillys, Pontings etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Don't worry Bangladesh will send them home anyway come next CWC!

Hope in twelve years time you dont have to write a post about BD team in the same manner.
hope so...
Old April 29, 2007, 09:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Miraz bhai: Kinda disagree with what you said. They're not showing that they're better, but they are proving that they're better. And they're proving on those occassions when everyone remain hopeful that they would lose, such as yesterday's final (where many of us wanted SL to win, who was actually putting a big fight). There's nothing wrong with it. It would however be kinda loserish if we say that "plesae for the sake of cricket stop performing", coz we should rather say "for the sake of cricket, other teams should start performing".
Old April 29, 2007, 09:35 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Miraz bhai: Kinda disagree with what you said. They're not showing that they're better, but they are proving that they're better.
, have I said anything different? Why you disagree?

Quote:
Australia, you are the finest team of the world cricket, you have proved that over and again.

Quote:
It would however be kinda loserish if we say that "plesae for the sake of cricket stop performing", coz we should rather say "for the sake of cricket, other teams should start performing".
You missed the whole context of the post. I'm not saying them to stop performing. It's not the performance, it's lack of human touch.

Australians are so professional and perfect, it's really boring to watch their domination. It's like "Auto Pilot" said by Ponting himself.

I think you completely misunderstood what I meant by "for the sake of cricket".
Old April 29, 2007, 12:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I'm not saying them to stop performing. It's not the performance, it's lack of human touch.
Australians are so professional and perfect, it's really boring to watch their domination. It's like "Auto Pilot" said by Ponting himself.
Miraz, I disagree. I think it is both entertaining and enlightening to see a team function as a well-oiled machine, day in and day out, and not just depend on one or two superstars to save the day, and then only if they are in form. I believe the Australian style of cricket is what we should try to emulate -- fitness, tight fielding, aggressive but intelligent batting and running (note that I said intelligent; I'm not talking about being just aggressive a la Tamim), and attacking bowling (we are well on the way to this, but we need our fielders to complement the bowling consistently, not just on the day we're playing India).

While it is enjoyable to see a sublime innings from an excellent batsman, that only wins you one or two matches; it doesn't make you one of the dominant teams.
Old April 29, 2007, 12:22 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaad
Miraz, I disagree. I think it is both entertaining and enlightening to see a team function as a well-oiled machine, day in and day out, and not just depend on one or two superstars to save the day, and then only if they are in form. I believe the Australian style of cricket is what we should try to emulate -- fitness, tight fielding, aggressive but intelligent batting and running (note that I said intelligent; I'm not talking about being just aggressive a la Tamim), and attacking bowling (we are well on the way to this, but we need our fielders to complement the bowling consistently, not just on the day we're playing India).

While it is enjoyable to see a sublime innings from an excellent batsman, that only wins you one or two matches; it doesn't make you one of the dominant teams.
shaad, everyone has got different perspective.

Never liked the "well oiled machine style" team performance from Australia and that's the whole point in my post. I want more human touch where mistakes should be obvious along with great cricket.

Hopefully, "Robot World Cup Cricket" in near future will be more "entertaining and enlightening".
Old April 29, 2007, 01:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
shaad, everyone has got different perspective.
Never liked the "well oiled machine style" team performance from Australia and that's the whole point in my post. I want more human touch where mistakes should be obvious along with great cricket.
Miraz, I was rooting for the Lankans too.

Quote:
Hopefully, "Robot World Cup Cricket" in near future will be more "entertaining and enlightening".
Well, I don't know about "Robot World Cup Cricket" but Battlebots and Robot Wars (essentially robot gladiatorial combat) were both quite entertaining.
Old April 29, 2007, 07:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
, have I said anything different? Why you disagree?

You missed the whole context of the post. I'm not saying them to stop performing. It's not the performance, it's lack of human touch.

I think you completely misunderstood what I meant by "for the sake of cricket".

I'll say this, its not that Australia's cricket has hit sky high, but it's because world cricket has kinda slumped. India is no longer as powerful and has the same momentum it did during 90s, Pakistan is goner has it's own share of dramas, SL is probably in it's finest form after a slump in in recent years, Bangladesh has definitely gone up but no way near to challenge Australia's position. Zimbabwe has gone down thanks to Mugabe, SA aren't the same as they were with Jonty and Cronje era, although England has serious problems and drop in performance. Same case with Windies.

Conclusion? Given everyone one has some sort of problem, hardly anyone can stand up and challenge Australia on the face. But since it's my second favourite team, I got no regrets either Although I would have preferred SL to win yesterday.
Old April 29, 2007, 10:34 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Before the world cup started, Australia did not seem to have that good of a chance. Most good bowlers absent, except McGrath. Bad performence before WC as Australia lost 2 series. Majortiy of the people actually thought Australia will not win it.

It is their full credit that they have bounced back and played so well. Last world cup, we all knew Australia will win, and they did, it was lame. This one, it was great, I am simply impressed.
Old April 29, 2007, 11:25 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

It is not only the cricket spectators who are bored to see the Aussie dominance, even Australian players themselves are also bored. If you observe carefully, then I am sure you would find that this time, even after winning the World Cup, OZ players have failed to celebrate the way they did in 2003. What is their fault? If winning world cup becomes a typical phenomena in your life, then you can't celebrate everytime with a-life-time zest.

We have been waiting for many other teams to come up and snatch the trophy from the OZs. But they have failed. Now, I don't want to look far. Tigers! Plz do something to stop the Aussies. I know that I am asking too much from you, but you have to believe that nothing is impossible. If the Ozs can win the WC three times in a row, then you can win atleast once. Meanawhile, you have once proved that if you roar, then the mighty Aussies also find themselves in hapless situation. So, get ready for '11 show.

GO Tigers
Old April 29, 2007, 11:48 AM
Cricket Legend

in 1999 it was Paki, in 2003 it was India, in 2007 it was Sri Lanka - find any similiarities? Insha Allah it will be BD who will play in 2011 Final but this time they will beat Australia and become the first team to beat them in WC after Pakistan in 1999

The law of average work always and Australia bound to come down to earth sometime soon in near future.
Old April 29, 2007, 11:56 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

The problem is, we don't know if the replacements for these players won't become just as good. May be not so soon, but good enough to beat the other major teams who are also going lose a lot of key players. Fortunately, we have the most to gain because our young players should be matured by next WC and we will have the home conditions to our advantage.
Old April 29, 2007, 12:06 PM
Cricket Legend

haha.... thread title dekhe bujhlam Miraz bhai gotokal onek dukkho paise...
Old April 29, 2007, 12:38 PM
Administrator

I too have to disagree with Miraz here. Like Shaad, I find it entertaining and enlightning to watch a flawless performance -all executed with clinical precision. There is nothing robotic about such performances - there is sublime artistry to the way they dominate when they do. That is why I go to watch professional sports. That is why I pay to watch professional sports.
Old April 29, 2007, 12:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
That is why I go to watch professional sports. That is why I pay to watch professional sports.
Boss, I'll be glad if you pay for me too...coz I completely agree with you
Old April 29, 2007, 12:51 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Quote:
Boss, I'll be glad if you pay for me too...coz I completely agree with you
Hahaha cheeky one aren't you.
Old April 29, 2007, 01:10 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
I too have to disagree with Miraz here. Like Shaad, I find it entertaining and enlightning to watch a flawless performance -all executed with clinical precision. There is nothing robotic about such performances - there is sublime artistry to the way they dominate when they do. That is why I go to watch professional sports. That is why I pay to watch professional sports.
Fair call.
That's the ideal situation where professional sportsman will excel to their best to entertain us. This is happening in NBA, Spanish La League or English Premier league. I agree. Now, it's getting entertaining as most of the teams are acheving that level and are able to challenge the others or force others to do mistakes.

Now, what's happening in Cricket is completely different. Australia has made a daylight difference with others and they are winning without any sort of stretching or competition. I am not willing to pay to watch this.

I am rather more willing to pay to watch matches like England vs West Indies (of this WC) or Sri Lanka vs South Africa where teams make mistakes, play some great cricket and at the end entertain us.
Old April 29, 2007, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
ditto.

and if you want australia out, get on top of their game and bring them down to submission. as fair as that.
Old April 29, 2007, 06:35 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
ditto.

and if you want australia out, get on top of their game and bring them down to submission. as fair as that.
It's more entertaining when two teams are both playing "clinical and flawless" cricket. I certainly don't enjoy matches like Australia vs. Ireland.
Old April 29, 2007, 07:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
That's why I dont pay to watch professional sports so I can witness those clinical precisions with better camera angles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbar
It's more entertaining when two teams are both playing "clinical and flawless" cricket. I certainly don't enjoy matches like Australia vs. Ireland.
True, Its more of a contest of who can break the stumps, Lee or Tait.
Old April 30, 2007, 01:04 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

West Indies will be emerging soon with raw talent and not professionalism, with their flambuoyance and enigma. Srilanka has better players than their current team in the pipeline. Compared to Australia these two teams would be much stronger in near future. Cricket is more art than science. And despite mathematics and physics, a cover drive is always picture perfect when its played with raw Talent.
Old September 13, 2007, 04:06 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
... I find it entertaining and enlightning to watch a flawless performance -all executed with clinical precision. There is nothing robotic about such performances - there is sublime artistry to the way they dominate when they do. That is why I go to watch professional sports. That is why I pay to watch professional sports ...
Exactly ... GO OZ !!!
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old September 13, 2007, 04:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Exactly ... GO OZ !!!
I wanna play Mugabe ughh I mean Zimbabwe on the 16th
Old September 13, 2007, 04:29 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
I wanna play Mugabe ughh I mean Zimbabwe on the 16th
Ain't gonna happen bro ...

Don't worry, we'll beat the mighty OZ ... again ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)