facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 11, 2012, 02:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Its a catch 22 situation with Bangladesh. Dearth of quality old pros and running the risk of throwing the very young players at the lion's den and, perhaps, losing them forever.

Ideally, I would have prefered, at least, one more season of A tours and FC cricket for someone like Anamul.

Old November 11, 2012, 03:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Unfortunately the opportunities to play 'A' team matches are few and far between. They are now and they always have been. How long will we have to wait to know if he is truly 'ready'?
That's true, but we do have. It's not that we never have. Recently we had a tour of WI HP team, have we utilized that chance? We have one more practice match with WI and we will have matches in the upcoming series. So we must use these guys to check their preparedness. Because its very damaging to debut a talented player and then dropping him.

Quote:
The current candidates for our no. 3 spot, JS, SN, etc. got into the national team after achieving far, far less than Anamul in the U-19 & Academy stage, even in the NCL that you so deplore.
That was a necessity ..... Like many unqualified people were holding top positions after the liberation of BD, that gave rise to sick organizations and teams... But there was no option. That's also the reason why these players didn't develop as expected. If you auto promote a guy coming first in class 5 to tenth grade, he might complete his education, but he will do it as a sick student...had he been allowed his natural progression, he could be the topper of his batch...we can't keep doing it, I'm sure it won't hurt, if we delay them an year or two and prepare them for this level.

Quote:
At the end of the day, if someone like Junaid, who has 4 centuries in 99 innings and Nafees, who has 5 centuries in 107 innings in our 'picnic-like' NCL are able to go and score centuries against England and Australia respectively, then there is reason to believe that someone who has 7 centuries in 42 innings will be able to acquit himself well.
They are obviously talented, but that doesn't mean that they will do considerably well in the national team. Remember, whenever the national team player play NCL, he faces quality national team players on the other team as well, while the others have a chance to play NCL matches while none of the top players are playing NCL. So, that's supposed to influence their stats. Even one more quality bowler in the opponent team, can really make a lots of difference. That's why, I said that, NCL performance is very deceptive and we really can't make such straight forward comparison.
Old November 11, 2012, 03:10 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Though, Taskin was injured as he was not playing current round of NCL.

But he was with the Nats team training and injuring Nats batsman....Not good But good to see him with the nats practicing even tho he is not in the squad

নির্বাচকদের দৃষ্টিতে তিনি বাংলাদেশের পেস বোলিংয়ের ভবিষ্যৎ। কিন্তু গতকাল সকালে সেই ভবিষ্যতের হাতেই নিকেশ হতে বসেছিল ব্যাটিংয়ের 'বর্তমান'! শেরেবাংলা জাতীয় স্টেডিয়ামের সেন্টার উইকেটে তাসকিন আহমেদের বলে প্রথমে হাঁটুতে চোট নিয়ে মাটিতে গড়াগড়ি খান নাসির হোসেন। দু'বল পর ব্যাট ফেলে আঙ্গুলের যত্ন নিতে হয় নাঈম ইসলামকে
http://www.kalerkantho.com/?view=det...e_id=1&index=1
Old November 11, 2012, 04:49 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Love it when a pace bowler terrorise batsmen.
Old November 11, 2012, 06:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Glad to see Sylhet playing with 3 fast bowlers- Tapash, Abu Jayed and Nazmul. That's not something we are used to seeing in our cricket. I really want to see this Jayed kid's bowling. He killed it last season. I hope he will do the same again this season. If he can keep this up, he should make the A team sometime soon.

Anyone know if we have any A team or HP home or away tours coming up?
Old November 11, 2012, 07:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

sajidul with 2 4fers is great to see.
Old November 11, 2012, 10:31 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Do you think the franchise based league (if it comes to fruition) will be any better?
It all depends on the details. If the franchised based league entails all of the traditionally neglected things essential to developing our cricket, it would indeed be a qualitative improvement. If not, then we'll see more style but the same pitiful substance.

The NCL will continue to be farcical and a mockery of the FC category until and unless it:

1) Invests in quality infrastructure outside Dhaka in a sustainable way. This means stadiums, a variety of pitches, practice and fitness facilities etc.

2) Invests in quality scouts and coaches. I suggest foreign scouts and coaches mentoring local ones for each one of the 8 teams.

3) Invests in quality players eager to learn from those coaches and work hard on their own to improve.

4) Invests in age-based teams for each one of the 8 NCL teams. This would create not only a healthy pipeline, but also a big enough roster to play all year around.

5) Invests in performance bonuses and pays everyone on time.

Such investment in quality will naturally create better more competitive cricket worthy of being called FC and List A. Prestige based on actual quality rather than simply better marketing is more sustainable.

A lot of people, including MANY BCB decision makers, passionately follow cricket here because of national pride. Sadly they don't understand what's really happening in front of them. They wouldn't recognize quality if it bit them in the @$$. Ego, ignorance, pretension, misguided perception, arbitrary preconceptions and plain old nepotism guide their decisions more than anything else. Stats are easily decontextualized in light of the overall pathology and used in intellectually dishonest ways to justify their decisions.

So it is actually better not to watch any of the games and fantasize how the quality really ain't that bad. Only not being subjected to the casual atrocity known as the NCL will allow us call it FC.

I'll end with a comment about this year's atrocity from a successful NCL batsman. He put up the numbers to justify his reentry into the senior side although by his own admission, successful lobbying had more to do with that.

"This year's NCL still isn't nearly as competitive as the DPL, but more players are being more cautious about staying on the wicket and scoring runs because these numbers look good to selectors who hardly attend the matches. Staying on the wicket isn't really hard when the bowling is toothless and flat the way it has been on pretty much dead pitches. You don't have to move your feet to block and score as long as you're determined not to get out. There are good strike bowlers like Enam and others, but they represent a very small percentage of guys bowling out there."
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; November 12, 2012 at 01:54 AM..
Old November 11, 2012, 10:53 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Love it when a pace bowler terrorise batsmen.
Tazza! alongside Rubel are the only pacers with that wonderfully nasty intent. The young, pre-injury Talha from a decade ago was the first.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old November 11, 2012, 11:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Sohel bhai, who was that player?

#OneTeam1Dream

Last edited by al Furqaan; November 12, 2012 at 01:50 AM..
Old November 11, 2012, 11:13 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Sohel bhai, was that player SN or was it Big Z?
I cannot post his name here, he'll get in trouble. But will PM you the name provided you maintain absolute confidentiality.
Old November 11, 2012, 11:13 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Enam cleans up the tail. Dhaka avoided innings defeat.

Sylhet need 2 to win their first game.
Old November 11, 2012, 11:21 PM
Cricket Savant

Honorable defeat and moral victory of sorts for Rocky and his DHD

With their veterans firing on all cylinders, SYL should keep winning.
Old November 12, 2012, 01:19 AM
BC Editorial Team

BTW if that national team batter said that and has executed that then I say fair game. At least he is exhibiting some level of discipline. Regardless of the level of opposition, crease occupation requires focus AND stamina. Is it selfish and not team-oriented? Sure. But an effective, obdurate batter can be handy to have.
Old November 12, 2012, 01:24 AM
Cricket Savant

^I'd like to see how he does against better bowlers under significantly greater pressure brought on by International cricket. I doubt we'll see anything different but he won't survive the way he did in the NCL against an International attack. Sporting wickets outside this country will simply murder him. As much as I like him as a person and his honesty and hard work, I won't put my money on him and he knows it.

Temperament alone doesn't do much when poor technique and ability get exposed at the highest level. I believe that the NCL, while providing the opportunity for some to improve their temperament, is a league where you actually get worse as a cricketer because you constantly get away with things that will finish you off at the highest level against better players and under more challenging physical and psychological conditions.

That's why I'd love to see players with genuine ability and potential develop their game at the highest level. That has worked with some like Mashrafe, Shakib, Tamim, Rubel and to a lesser extent, Mushfiq. It didn't with Ashraful, Aftab, Nafees Iqbal, Rokon, Alok, Zunaed, Dhiman and Imrul. Some less talented players like Riyad and Nasir also got better at the higher level, while Nazza!, Rocky, Shahriar Nafees, Jahurul and many others didn't. I'm comfortable with trying out new players to see what works over a reasonable period of time.

Last edited by Sohel; November 12, 2012 at 04:26 AM..
Old November 12, 2012, 01:42 AM
BC Editorial Team

Hence my "can be handy to have" comment. Hardly a "we got a winner!" We have proven ourselves unable to bat out a day on shirt-fronts. In local condition on the 4th day, if he can summon up the same obduracy and use the slowness of the pitch to play late and shore up one end, I won't quibble.
Old November 12, 2012, 01:44 AM
Cricket Savant

^I hear you
Old November 12, 2012, 01:48 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Though, Taskin was injured as he was not playing current round of NCL.

But he was with the Nats team training and injuring Nats batsman....Not good But good to see him with the nats practicing even tho he is not in the squad

নির্বাচকদের দৃষ্টিতে তিনি বাংলাদেশের পেস বোলিংয়ের ভবিষ্যৎ। কিন্তু গতকাল সকালে সেই ভবিষ্যতের হাতেই নিকেশ হতে বসেছিল ব্যাটিংয়ের 'বর্তমান'! শেরেবাংলা জাতীয় স্টেডিয়ামের সেন্টার উইকেটে তাসকিন আহমেদের বলে প্রথমে হাঁটুতে চোট নিয়ে মাটিতে গড়াগড়ি খান নাসির হোসেন। দু'বল পর ব্যাট ফেলে আঙ্গুলের যত্ন নিতে হয় নাঈম ইসলামকে
http://www.kalerkantho.com/?view=det...e_id=1&index=1
Coach McInns also have high hopes on Taskin.
But as per his words, 'still raw talent, not ready just yet'.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old November 12, 2012, 02:05 AM
Cricket Savant

So emphatic wins from KHL, RAJ, SYL and DHM. CTG, RAN, DHD and BAR got blown away.
Old November 12, 2012, 04:34 AM
Banned

Key Points for Anamul Haque

1) Bowling attack that has pace around 75 MPH to 85 MPH - Anamul easily scores 50+.
2) Pacers Bowling around 86 MPH+ Anamul struggles to reach 20 or 30.

the first thing would be to do well in the upcoming franchise based First class league.

If anamul does well for Bangladesh A team, I am pretty happy to see him in National Colours.
Old November 12, 2012, 09:26 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar89
Key Points for Anamul Haque

1) Bowling attack that has pace around 75 MPH to 85 MPH - Anamul easily scores 50+.
2) Pacers Bowling around 86 MPH+ Anamul struggles to reach 20 or 30.

the first thing would be to do well in the upcoming franchise based First class league.

If anamul does well for Bangladesh A team, I am pretty happy to see him in National Colours.
Could we have some names of bowlers and the speed gun readings to validate this most rectal of claims?

Ever heard of a merchant de lange? Pretty sure he bowls faster than "86 mph" and that 169 runs is more than "20-30".

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 12, 2012, 10:09 AM
Cricket Savant

Not advisable to go anywhere with a gun. Much less on speed.
Old November 12, 2012, 12:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

This year Khulna Division has got 100% success still. No other team can show it.
Old November 15, 2012, 09:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Could we have some names of bowlers and the speed gun readings to validate this most rectal of claims?

Ever heard of a merchant de lange? Pretty sure he bowls faster than "86 mph" and that 169 runs is more than "20-30".

He clearly struggled against pace when facing the SA bowlers at T20... Infact he missed a straight half volley on pads and was out lbw... the bowl had 4 written all over it but he got our for pace only.....
Old November 15, 2012, 09:45 AM

Dhaka Metro vs Khulna tomorrow!!!

Can't wait to see Taskin vs Anamul
Old November 15, 2012, 02:50 PM

Mash will play for khulna tomorrow

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)