facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 14, 2015, 12:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Could zimbabwe lose test staus again.

They lost test status when Heath streak had a walk out and they never recovered after being smashed by srilanka.
They have lost Jarvis,Cremer and now Taylor.

They lost to Bangladesh 8 zip,they moved below ireland here,Ireland 3 wins to Zimbabwe 1 with 1 game to go,they have in nearly in all matches gone for 300 or close to it,Mpfo was their best bowler and he has disappeared.Lost against a weakened India side,Indiia B.They we're beaten by Holland to a place in the T20 world cup.
Whilst they have a few good batsmen Mazakadza and Williams not enough to be competitive,and their rumours Williams is gone.Their bowling is a major concern outside Chatara and Panyangara their is nothing,no spinner to speak of,and those 2 are not up 2 international standard.They badly miss Cremer and Jarvis.

I see the writing on the wall,that again they will be another sri lanka series,they have 2 series against Pakistan and Ireland,if they lose this and are weak at home,see that their a good chance they will withdraw from test cricket again under pressure from the ICC like last time.They maybe forced to play the intercontinental cup again which starts in junemunless they are too late.Losing Taylor is the last straw.

Old March 14, 2015, 02:10 PM

In the current political turmoil, test status is a luxury for them.
Old March 14, 2015, 02:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Zimbabwe's decline is not a good news for BD either. We used to play most of our matches against them. But now it seems playing against them when they are such a depleted side will be a waste of our time. Then who are we going to play against? Ireland maybe?
Old March 14, 2015, 02:24 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
Zimbabwe's decline is not a good news for BD either. We used to play most of our matches against them. But now it seems playing against them when they are such a depleted side will be a waste of our time. Then who are we going to play against? Ireland maybe?
You can invite England for a 7 match series after this WC
Old March 14, 2015, 03:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

ZIM's struggles directly affect Bangladesh...negatively. A stronger ZIM is essential to our development since we play them so often. In that light, we need both ZIM and IRE to get test status. IRE should be favorites to beat ZIM in the test challenge, and that will be a good thing for BD.

Granted I think this world cup has been another "boost" in our baseline progress curve.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 14, 2015, 03:52 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

Cremers returning to Zim apparently.

Everything hinges on Williams. If he stays they may still do well. If he leaves though its curtains. Just look at how heavily they relied on Taylor and Williams in this WC, losing both would be a death blow.

Also, Whatmore's contract is up soon. He could leave as well
Old March 14, 2015, 03:56 PM
Banned

I think I said this in some other thread.

BCB should not and In Sha Allah will not look down ICC ranking teams in odi test. but t20, no prob.

I said again, We should look for West Indies from now on. At least it is my believe we should go back and forth between the countries and I am sure success will come In Sha Allah.
Old March 15, 2015, 03:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Zimbabwe are on the way out,taylor apprently took the decision after the 8 nil whitewash from bangladesh,he did not see a future for zimbabwean cricket.The performance of zimbabwe at the world cup is laudable 1 of their worst efforts.Taylor was 1 of the best paid,so i see the lesser 1's leaving,whatmore was hired too late,and magongo did irreperable damage.
Old March 15, 2015, 06:10 PM
Cricket Legend

I think Taylor left because of money reasons, whilst he was probably the best paid Zim player, he wouldn't have been getting the money his ability deserves, I do believe it was to have a cash reserve for his family once he retires, I don't think its to do with the future of Zim cricket directly, he just was in his prime and this was his last chance to make some money, he will make a good living in county and on top of that, england are bringing in a T20 tournament, which will mean big money for players involved and Taylor will most definitely be involved. Good player and lead by example.

Old March 15, 2015, 10:13 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

ICC will not increase test teams beyond 10. So for Ireland to get test status Zim (10th team) must lose it.

That system has already been approved by ICC.

If Ireland can't beat Zim at home and away series, Zim retains their test status no matter how WEAK they are.
Old March 17, 2015, 08:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

^yes but the system will be revamped soon given the rise of Irish cricket

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old March 17, 2015, 08:59 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar & Jonty Rhodes

^ I doubt if any full member nation would welcome that because that only means lowering your share of the revenues. It is like the expansion of UNSC, everyone endorses India's bid but no one knows when the security council will be revamped.

However, if Ireland has something to offer in return, added revenues, they might just get a test status.