facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 11, 2013, 07:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes
Default Australia's Selectors

This been a talking point in Aussie Cricket. Australia's selectors have been contradicting in everything they say. They dont include Mike Hussey in the ODIs and say that they are looking towards the 2015 World Cup. If thats the case then why is a 35 year old in the name of Brad Haddin in the XI? True idiocricy in my opinion.

Dubious calls like that have really shocked everyone. Selectors have made it clear that the two keepers for the Australia are Wade and Haddin. Haddin is getting old and the keeper that they should be looking at is Tim Paine and Matty Wade. Haddin shouldnt be there anymore. The times he was a regular in the test team he had shown glimpses that he can hit the ball cleanly but is has proven to be too inconsistent. Selectors are truly stupid if they are 'looking to the future' with a 35 year old.

Not including Mike Hussey in the ODI team has dissapointed Aussie followers and also the fact that they selected a second rate Aussie team to versue Sri Lanka.
Old January 11, 2013, 10:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

yeah mike hussey should have been there. was disappointed to read ian healy's comments about wade, haddin has had to work very hard on his keeping, i remember a couple of summers back he had a horrible time behind the stumps. as it is now wade and haddin are pretty much equal in ability and output but wade has a lot more time to grow being 10 years younger, and i also think wade has a higher ceiling than haddin.
Old January 12, 2013, 06:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
yeah mike hussey should have been there. was disappointed to read ian healy's comments about wade, haddin has had to work very hard on his keeping, i remember a couple of summers back he had a horrible time behind the stumps. as it is now wade and haddin are pretty much equal in ability and output but wade has a lot more time to grow being 10 years younger, and i also think wade has a higher ceiling than haddin.
I reckon in terms of batting talent Wade is much better of a player. He has a wide variety of shots whereas Haddin can only hit down the ground nothing else.
Old January 12, 2013, 07:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
I reckon in terms of batting talent Wade is much better of a player. He has a wide variety of shots whereas Haddin can only hit down the ground nothing else.
yeah agree, haddin was a decent bat but wade has more talent and he was consistent with the bat before selection. i think healy has some issue with keepers who can bat better than he could, i mean sure keeping standards have gone down but first of all i don't think haddin is any better than wade with the gloves and secondly healy just can't handle that gilchrist was pretty much equal to healy with the gloves but a better batsman 100 times over. poor wadey did a pretty decent job with the bat so far in tests, his keeping is no worse than any other aussie keeper after gilchrist, the up side is he's still only 25 and has a lot of time to work on his flaws. he surely has the talent to be a quality gloveman, in fact wadey imo has the potential to become the 2nd/3rd best keeper batsman of all time in the longer format. you have gilchrist then probably flower as the 2 best ever to date but i truly believe that wadey has the potential to be mentioned with those 2 by the end of his career.
Old January 12, 2013, 08:32 PM
Cricket Legend

^^ completely agree. Healy is an interesting figure as he was good with the gloves but pretty poor with the bat to say the least. And certainly times have changed and keepers take more priority with the bat than the gloves. I think Healy doesnt understand that which lead him to lash out at Wade. Yes i clearly remember when Haddin had a woeful test series 2/3 years back on Aussie soil and that was when his place in the team was scrutinised. Haddin aint that much better than Wade with the gloves.

I think Wade catches my attention by his stylish batting play. With the batting ability that he possesses he can bat anywhere in the order imo. I remember whe he opened the batting for Australia in a T20 and made a 68 odd with a really good strike rate. It really showcased his batting ability. Haddin in terms of batting is too one dimensional. He hits the straighter, pitched up balls for six and if its a bit wider he either leaves or works it for a single. Ive never seen him cover drive a boundary or really pulling a ball for boundaries. Wade has huge potential when it comes to batting. Can play in any situation and really is a classy batsmen when he gets going.

As you said Wade has lots of time to take his game to a whole new level so ive got high hopes for him. Dont know why but Tim Paine is getting ignored with the selectors. He is another player with good potential. I think its time selectors looked away from Haddin.
Old January 12, 2013, 09:52 AM
ODI Cricketer

People just criticize everything, even when they were the top team some people were still busy criticizing.
Old January 12, 2013, 09:36 PM
Cricket Guru

yes it's time to look to the future with the keeping spot, tim paine is a good prospect, always has been. unless i'm getting mixed up with someone else when wade was playing age group cricket he was scoring a lot of runs and being compared to ponting so aside from what he's shown us on field, he obviously was thought of as a highly talented prospect with the bat as a youngster and he still looks to be now.