facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 21, 2008, 10:37 AM
Cricket Sage

To Fazal (a fan): Go find another game or atleast another team to support. Come back when the BD players, coach, BCB executives all go through an honest soul searching session and then take their jobs more seriously as time is ruuning out. It will save you (Fan's) from heartaches and most likely prolong your (Fan's) life.

Old April 21, 2008, 10:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Get the BCB to arrange multiple individual meetings of each player with every GM and IM of Bangladesh, to talk them about what it takes to win under pressure without losing focus and concentration. The lack of mental toughness under duress is their biggest adversary, more than technical or even physical limitation, and who better to chat to them about it than the Niaz Morshed's or Ziaur Rahman's of the world. Foreign psychologists would be of no use due to the communication barrier. BCB should seek our real heroes to help out the children.

Thats all I have to offer for what its worth. Also, in agreement with basically every poster here who has given tips for every individual player to follow. The lack of mental fortitude or the inability to read situations under different scenarios are their biggest obstacle IMO.
Old April 21, 2008, 10:40 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: who eva plays well

I think Bangladesh has a decent team, not very good but just ok.

A winning team requires a combination of departments.
A. Management
B. Coach
C. Captain
D. Players

A. The management has to start making proper selection of the team and also start looking for new recruits (to groom).

B. Coach is an integral part of any team. Siddons has the right attitude he needs to implement a plan catered towards Bangladeshi players. Obvious he cant use exactly the same tactics that the Australian team uses.He needs to focus on fiedling, running between wickets and shot selection.

C. A coach is the brains of the team. Currently Ashraful doesnt have the character or intelligence to lead or motivate an international team, and some one else should take over.

As for the rest of the team, they need to work harded. Work on thier weakness mainly. they have to have confidence in them. Try to motivate each other.

Inshahallah if we just get the basics right we should not perform as badly as we did at Pakistan and in New Zealand.
Old April 21, 2008, 10:42 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
That is smart!
This is smartest thing ever said in last two days||||||
Old April 21, 2008, 10:47 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
... The lack of mental toughness under duress is their biggest adversary, more than technical or even physical limitation, and who better to chat to them about it than the Niaz Morshed's or Ziaur Rahman's of the world. Foreign psychologists would be of no use due to the communication barrier. BCB should seek our real heroes to help out the children...
This is short but very important for our team specially our captain and other non-performers in the team.
Old April 21, 2008, 11:13 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

My biggest advise: No matter how sad and embarassing it is, stick with the current bunch. For God's sake, do not bring in any more "new brilliant prospects" until they are at least 22/24 and have played sufficient number of matches to actually call them "real talents".

The stamp for "golden boy" should be replaced with a stamp saying "golden man". We don't want "boys" anymore in the team.
Old April 21, 2008, 11:17 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

I thought I gave you an opportunity to understand what you are saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu2abu
BANFAN, do you even understand what I have written? what do you mean by "pura cup or County or any overseas tournaments are not at your disposal"? I'm saying we should make a concerted effort for our players to participate in these events. I'm not pretending I'm the first to think of this, Bashar said as much recently in his recent interview with miraz bhai.
For your info, a place in the Pura cup/County are not on sale. Neither distributed on request. Players of almost all the test playing countries are interested to play in some county team, if any of our players were of that standard, they would have got a call. You probably know, where Ash is going to play next season. Why doesn't Bashar try to play for a county team himself? he is free, he even is not being taken by lower level teams in England. That's what I meant.

Quote:
Overseas players are permitted to play in county cricket (plenty of australians and south africans are doing it now) and the same is true of some Aussie doemestic competitions. I was suggesting individual players be recruited for some of these competitions, not that Bangladesh participate as a team.
You make me laugh. Hope you have understood, if not Don't you think that some proof of one's ability is needed for playing in those teams? They have not opened 'Pathshala' for our players to run 'Food for education'.

Quote:
For the record, even if I were suggesting this, it is not beyond the realms of possibility. bangladesh played as the guest team in the ranji trophy in 2003 and Ireland and scotland participate in the Friends Provident Trophy in England. zimbabwe recently competed (as a country) in a south african doemstic tournament.
Bangladesh played in India and also in Pak, they performed poor in both the tournaments, now they will also not take them anymore. Why should SA or England give such practice to BD? They would Rathar preffer their continental teams. There are more teams than BD in the world, entire world resource can't be booked for BD only, isn't it?

Quote:
If you are unsure as to what i mean, please just ask rather than embarassing yourself with a peurile and poorly-argued response.
I was quiet sure, what I was telling and what you were. That's why I wrote that. We should look for solutions at home and international exposure should come through A team & age group tours. We can try to increase those rathar. We should be able to produce players at home to get a call from interested teams worldwide and they can be more effective by playing overseas. But I'm sorry that, they don't teach basics in county or pura cup teams. Right now it will be more than begging, we are incapable.. please help us. Unfortunately world is used to give money and food to the beggers, not knowledge and skill.

Last edited by BANFAN; April 21, 2008 at 11:30 AM..
Old April 21, 2008, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovik
it strictly has to be pineapple
Great choice.

Old April 21, 2008, 12:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Great choice.

Please give me a glass. Looks really delicious.
Old April 21, 2008, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Zobair bhai and Mijan uncle - front-page material, really
Old April 21, 2008, 12:40 PM
Cricket Legend

this thread need Miraz Vai's contribution. Where is he?
Old April 21, 2008, 01:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
this thread need Miraz Vai's contribution. Where is he?
Sin city'tey jiya lapatta. Shob'i Doc'er fault.
Old April 21, 2008, 01:11 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

With the kind of literary power that Miraz bhai has in his possession, I don't see why he wouldn't be able to chat it up and pick up left and right, every night that he's in Sin City.

Miraz bhai - you're the source of inspiration for your choto bhais and bhaignas and bhatijas.
Old April 21, 2008, 01:12 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Can we make an article out of this and send it to the Daily Star?? I'm sure they will publish it.

Our players, coach and the board officials all read this newspaper. I think it will be better if they get to read this. This will help them all.
Old April 21, 2008, 01:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Quote:
Great choice.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old April 21, 2008, 03:37 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

We are below standard. Pure and simple. People tend to fool us when they say we have lots of talents. Our cricketers lack basics of cricket. Other wise how come they repeat the mistakes over and over again. Our players don't do these mistakes intentionally. They do it because they lack skills beside they don't seem to have right intelligence needed for cricket. Look how they bat and bowl. They need to adopt to the situations. They bat and bowl same when they are under pressure or not.

We need time to get to international level. We were not playing cricket seriously for a long time. Just after independence it was neglected big time. We have to infuse cricket early in our youths. Catch them early when they are at school. Hunt for talent. I know we are doing that but we need to refine the process. Find good fast bowlers and nurture them so that they are of international standard when get to international arena.

Infrastructure needs to be overhauled. The current people are simply incapable of running the show. Bangladesh lacks quality business leaders. You will see lots of foreigners heading the top business houses in Bangladesh. We need to hire good administrators. If we cant find them in the country go to other countries. They will run the business of cricket and at the same time will be respobsible for grooming Bangladeshi adminstrators. Like all business houses it will have a result driven program.

We have to create accountabilty for coach,players and selectors. Selection process should be transparent. Player selection would be on merit of last 25 or so games played. There should be room for inclusion of new players based on the performance in the domestic cricket.

If needed hire coach for fast bowlers and make the work with our current and potential fast bowlers. We need to improve a lot in this department to be competive.

Create pitches based on the conditions of different countries. Have domestic matches played on these kinds of picthes by rotation. This will give exposure to our players of international conditions.

Repeat bad performers need to go even if he is Captain of the team. Let them know if you can't perform you don't have a job! Money is the greatest motivator. Pay them according to their performance. They will leave the balls outside the off staumps if you tie their performance with money.
Old April 21, 2008, 03:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Zia bhai,
Khek!! natural game!! Khek!! kheltey diben na? Khek!!

Accountibility tho player'der dictionary'tey nai. er maney ki?

I always loved performance based payscale.

Good post by the way.
Old April 21, 2008, 05:22 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
I thought I gave you an opportunity to understand what you are saying.

For your info, a place in the Pura cup/County are not on sale. Neither distributed on request. Players of almost all the test playing countries are interested to play in some county team, if any of our players were of that standard, they would have got a call. You probably know, where Ash is going to play next season. Why doesn't Bashar try to play for a county team himself? he is free, he even is not being taken by lower level teams in England. That's what I meant.

You make me laugh. Hope you have understood, if not Don't you think that some proof of one's ability is needed for playing in those teams? They have not opened 'Pathshala' for our players to run 'Food for education'.

Bangladesh played in India and also in Pak, they performed poor in both the tournaments, now they will also not take them anymore. Why should SA or England give such practice to BD? They would Rathar preffer their continental teams. There are more teams than BD in the world, entire world resource can't be booked for BD only, isn't it?

I was quiet sure, what I was telling and what you were. That's why I wrote that. We should look for solutions at home and international exposure should come through A team & age group tours. We can try to increase those rathar. We should be able to produce players at home to get a call from interested teams worldwide and they can be more effective by playing overseas. But I'm sorry that, they don't teach basics in county or pura cup teams. Right now it will be more than begging, we are incapable.. please help us. Unfortunately world is used to give money and food to the beggers, not knowledge and skill.
Sir, I take your point. you are saying we are not yet good enough. You are right. I think I may have misunderstood your meaning and you mine.
Old April 21, 2008, 05:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

my advice to the selectors are stop this droping and picking. these are all 9 and 10. so it won't matter. trust me there is no wasim akram or tendu hidding anywhere in bangladesh.

Let the current 15 play and they will not bring us the stuff that we need but at least stop the killing of the future.

To the players. You are the best we have. go out there and have fun. you don't have to win anything. when batting try to get 50 (team score not yours) first then 100 and then 150 and so on. you will see you score will also be big. Respect the old players. they didn't had talent but they still scored. so go back to them and ask them what r tricks. now since you have the talent with theirs knowledge you can prosper too. If a guy like golaa can stick to the ground without any talent then why can't you do the same and start hitting after 40 overs (in ODI ) and never in TEST...

And to Ash. Stop thinking that you are a big shot. you are not. go to Shujon, bashar and ask them to teach you some of the tricks. I can give teach you one right now. In the 5th odi when the top 2 were going great and 1st wicket fell then why didn't you attack the new batter and get his wicket? instead you let him take singles and get set and stuff. don't you know that other than bd batsmen no other player will try to hit in first 5/10 balls and thats where you have to attack him and may be try to get his wicket too. Shujon was best at this. you had a great opportunity to get these information from pakistan but i doubt if you even tried to do anything other than batting for longer time in the nets...
And for the Fans. Dela with it this is number 9 team with a short history. so we will get beating like this. You don't have to like it but too much complaining is not good either
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old April 21, 2008, 05:46 PM
Club Cricketer

My advice is to take captaincy away from Ashraful. u can't be a good captain just cuz u r a good batsman. Tendulkar is the biggest example. Keep him just as a batsman. Make Shakib or Razzak the captain. They got the brains IMO. Also, i don't like Siddon's tactics. Before he came as the coach our batting sucked but bowling and fielding was ok. Now batting, bowling, and fielding sucks.
Old April 21, 2008, 05:52 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Again for the umpteenth time please stop this "talent" verbage. Who invented joke anyway?
Old April 21, 2008, 05:59 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Chanderpaul, Amla

Gadha ke pitiye ghura banano jaina.

Too harsh... but i'll wait 'till they prove me wrong.
Old April 21, 2008, 06:06 PM
First Class Cricketer

Continue playing these same guys for the next couple of years. That's the only way we'll know who's good who's bad. It's tough but since our local system isn't really a dependable barometer for international success, we have to play the guys they produce for an extended amount of time to determine who has real talent. The last thing this team needs is more unproven & overhyped player to come up and fail consistently until that player's career is over. With that said I think we're starting to find out some answers about some of the players who've now been playing for a while. These players mainly being guys like M.Ashraful, S.Nafees, M.Mortaza, and Aftab Ahmed. As much as I dislike Ashraful I think the captaincy is really screwing with his already screwed up head. Anyway, that's my 2 cents.
Old April 23, 2008, 01:03 PM
BC Editorial Team

Ok, good thread though some people clearly are not able to follow instructions and still went off into rant mode.

My দুই আনা:

1) Siddons: if you have decided that tough love is the way you are going to do it then temper it. Not everyone responds to tough love; gradually work up to it. Also please stop taking so much vacations. You should be spending this time going to dinner with Ashraful and plotting up new things for the team.
2) Ashraful: Captain like you want to bat - instinctively and no holds barred. Do NOT let your batting impact your instincts as a captain. Also, spend more time doing homework on your opponents. Figure out what opponent batter's favorite shots are - and then put them under pressure on them. Target the top bowlers of the opposition and find out what gets them out of rhythm (e.g. for an impatient person like Afridi, be V-E-R-Y deliberate in taking strike, in walking away in between balls, or gardening, etc., for someone like Asif who has a bit of a mongrel in him, come down the wicket a few times to get him all riled up and move away from the length at which he's lethal). Now the bowling stuff - apply that to your batting too.

3) Aftab - play straight for a bit dude

4) Tamim - watch videos of Lara batting. You obviously have the gift of timing. That's আল্লাহর দান. Now use it to learn how to dab the annoying singles. Heck watch Ashraful do it - he's pretty good at it.

More to come later ...
Old April 23, 2008, 01:11 PM
Cricket Savant

lol, @ Razab bhaijan!!
(the top players are replying) "I thought cricket was a game, a fun, furti, mowuz. home work jodi kortey'i hoi taholey cricket khelbo kano? School'a jabo. Amra tho homework na korar jonney cricket khela suru korsi. Amader brain cell'a apnar ei shob kotha register hoi na, future'ao hobey na."