facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 17, 2009, 03:11 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello
BDFlag Save our women's cricket, Remove the craps! by BC's Kathbirali

Guys it's our very own BC member Kathbirali's own voice, she wrote this anonymously and she wants to maintain it! This is absolutely outragious that BD women's cricket is in the process of being ruins when we once not too long ago shone highly in Women's Asia Cup and other tournaments! As per ICC we, a full member nation is required to maintain top competitive women's cricket/league/comp in the country!
I am posting it with her permission!
This is her own personal experience and account! I believe her thoroughly and I have the highest of respect for her and what she means to the BD women's cricket team and the development of the women's cricket in BD! Brave Kathbirali is our own Joan d'Arc.
A few things to note is that at the very bottom of this post you see the long signature 'Long live BD Women's Cricket...." this is 'Kathbirali's own standard personal signature!

Today, 06:40 AM
Kathbirali
Club Cricketer Join Date: April 28, 2008
Favorite Player: Ricky Ponting

Re: need ur help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Save our women's cricket, remove the craps

After National Divisional Women's Cricket League and Club Cup Tournament held in Dec '08 and April '09 respectively, BCB selected 35 players including the earlier main squad of 18 players who played in Tri-nation series. The selection camp started on the 5th of June in Dhanmondi Women's Complex and still continuing. I wondered when came to know that there were more than 100 other players from different sports section residing at the same place. 5 players in a room with nothing other than a bed for each one to sleep only!!!; one single ground is being used for 4-5 different games i.e. cricket, football, kabadi, volleyball etc. Therefore, it is easily assumable that how the quality of food and living condition can be in such a place. They say, cricket is a royal game, while the cricket players are being treated as the poor peasants with no decent facility to stay there. This is a matter of disgrace for our women's cricket that a national camp is being run like this!!!

The players still can manage with this situation but what will they do with the (so called) lady coach (though she has completed level-2 training) who is unable to train the girls? Though, she is not the main coach, in no way she should be treated even as an asst. coach. With due respect, I would like to ask the authority that WHO HAS GIVEN HER THE CERTIFICATE OF PASSING LEVEL-A, LEVEL-1 & LEVEL-2????? Is cricket a matter of joke? Our girls do not need any lady coach if there is no capable one. Why this lady is appointed to the national squad? Only because it’s the women’s team and that she is a lady? Then appoint her as something else but not asst. coach. I have no personal conflict with anyone, but I love the BD Women’s team. Therefore, I want this team to have fair and essential supports. They need quality coaching, food, living atmosphere and of course mental tranquility.

Has our men’s team ever been treated like this? BCB hasn’t even paid the players the match fee and player of the match prize money in these latest tournaments (National league and club cup)!! Why our girls are being neglected to this extent? Most of the players are not from well-off families; in that case, why will a girl play cricket and why will the parents allow them if they see no benefit? Is women’s cricket only a show-off to ICC?? For heaven’s sake, promote these girls!

The primary selection of players for this camp is another farce. They got such player(s) who had not even played any match in the tournaments mentioned earlier. How she/they got primary selection then? If recommendations and phone calls start so early, no one should expect anything good from this team.

However, good news is that school tournament for girls is on and hopefully we will get new faces, new talents in near future if they are well patronized.

Therefore, it’s a request to BCB authority, please do not ruin our achievements, and do not let our women’s team down. Our girls have lots of potentialities, please utilize them. Be fair in your judgments and let the nation be proud of our women’s team. Treat them well and I am sure they will not disappoint us. Please do not get biased; Judge the players according to their merits, don’t be partial.

Please save our women’s cricket; remove the craps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Absolutely kathbirali apu! Go right ahead...if you don't do it nobody else would! It needs to be exposed at least to BC and then the world of BD cricket! ICC has a very strong commitment to women's cricket in all of it's full memebr nations, so even Pakistan being a hardlined Islamic country has to invest in women's cricket! And here we are, IN BD, where one would expect even more postive result of tournaments/leagues /age level you name it, etc. But no, sh!t never happens with BCB...even if you look deeply and that Bangladesh AL is in power, supposebly a pro-women's rights party, and the head of the state and the party chief is a woman, the ex-PM was a woman, so, I don't understand why women's cricket is highly neglected and discouraged in BD and we are not keeping our part of the commitment as a full member nation of ICC to do the basic minimum to prove that we are indeed take this seriously and are not dpriving our BD women of better cricket! It is a big mistake we are doing by not promoting women's cricket harder in BD, because clearly, The over-all country's cricket culture changes for the better if both my mother and father played cricket!
Kathbiriali apu, the best of luck to you and do your journalism and in exposing BD women's cricket's real situation and interview the ladies of cricket and write..!I am very proud of you!!
Go Bengali Tigress!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathbirali
BK bhaia, i need ur help to reveal the craps of our women's cricket. plz respond to my msg and let me know ur opinion.

twitter.com/bujheekom

Last edited by bujhee kom; June 17, 2009 at 03:26 PM..

Old June 17, 2009, 03:15 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I request to put it in the front page as a letter/prayer. People will notice then. BCB officials will read.

Concerns are legit.
Old June 17, 2009, 03:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

What happened to their match fees? Kar pocket e gese oi taka?
Old June 17, 2009, 04:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

কঠিন জ্বালাও পোড়াও ছাড়া এই দেশে উপায় নাই।
এথলেটিকস ফেডারেশনের কিতাব আলী ছাটাই এবং প্রত্যাবর্তন কাহিনী তো দেখেছেন।
এই হলো আমাদের দেশের কর্মকর্তা।

Last edited by auntu; June 17, 2009 at 05:28 PM..
Old June 17, 2009, 04:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
লঠিন জ্বালাও পোড়াও ছাড়া এই দেশে উপায় নাই।
এথলেটিকস ফেডারেশনের কিতাব আলী ছাটাই এবং প্রত্যাবর্তন কাহিনী তো দেখেছেন।
এই হলো আমাদের দেশের কর্মকর্তা।
Some times I feel that we the fans in BC are too much civilized. Jemon kukur temon gugur dorkar.

ki kora jai ei gulan re
Old June 17, 2009, 06:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Pathetic situation. It just became a norm, dammit! Whenever there is a chance of indiscipline, it's used to the fullest; and same is happening to our women's cricket. Serious things need to be done to resolve all these bullcrappings.
Old June 17, 2009, 08:23 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=Purbasha T;887438]Pathetic situation. It just became a norm, dammit! Whenever there is a chance of indiscipline, it's used to the fullest; and same is happening to our women's cricket. Serious things need to be done to resolve all these bullcrappings. [/QU

mia mone hoi beshi bujjso???? tomar chul cera lab nai....parle help koro???
Old June 17, 2009, 10:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
I request to put it in the front page as a letter/prayer. People will notice then. BCB officials will read.

Concerns are legit.
I second this. I'm losing more and more respect for BCB with each passing day.
Old June 17, 2009, 11:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib
I second this. I'm losing more and more respect for BCB with each passing day.
LOL.. not me, cause i never had respect for them.. i hate them from the time i know them..
Old June 18, 2009, 03:24 AM
First Class Cricketer

Its good to see you guys responding. I don't know if this attempt will bring any change but I want everyone to know how our girls are being treated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
What happened to their match fees? Kar pocket e gese oi taka?
@Warwolf: only the concerned persons know. The players haven't got the explanation yet and our girls are not courageous enough to ask them. Though in newspapers it was mentioned that every player will get 2000/- for every match played, let's make it 1000/- and then the calculation is- 14girls X 1000.00 X 5 matches X 6 teams = BDT 420000.00 !!!

Now who will explain about this!!!???!!! Is it acceptable that they didn't have any budget or something like this? I don't know!
Old June 18, 2009, 04:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

The way a number of players in the Women team perform, I think they are more mature than the likes of Ashraful. Players like Panna or Salma are simply class act. They are already good enough to be selected in any team in the world. With some proper management, we can do wonder.
Old June 18, 2009, 04:45 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
The way a number of players in the Women team perform, I think they are more mature than the likes of Ashraful. Players like Panna or Salma are simply class act. They are already good enough to be selected in any team in the world. With some proper management, we can do wonder.
I agree.....
Old June 18, 2009, 10:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

How they have not paid the match fees? That is pathetic.
I support all the concerns that are expressed here and needs to take care of; Specially the favoritism in team selection.

Also want to add that, women cricketers need to be patient as well. This is early days for them and they have shown lots of promise. But comparing with the Men's team in accordance with facility should not be case. If we see the actual scenario of facility/benefits in other sports in Bangladesh, its rather far below compare to Cricket. Shooting, Athletics, Swimming; in this areas both Men and Women had tremendous international success. But still the facility like food, accomodation they get in training camp is horrible. These are practical scenario really.
Old June 18, 2009, 12:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

What would you say about this?

Quote:
Thursday, June 18, 2009
'Extra' festival in girls' cricket

Sports Reporter
Viqarunnissa Noon School and College 'A' team outplayed Rahmatullah Model High School by seven wickets in a 'battle of extras' in the girls' school cricket tournament at the Azimpur Girls' High School ground yesterday.
Batting first after winning the toss, Rahmatullah Model scored 35-9 in stipulated 20 overs with 31 runs coming from extras.
Chasing the easy target, Viqarunnissa Noon 'A' team had to fight hard as they reached 36 for 3 in 19.3 overs with 34 runs coming from extras.
In another match, Amzad Ali Sarker Girls' High School 'B' team earned a facile seven-wicket victory over Par Gandaria Primary and Junior High School at the Gulshan Youth Club ground.
Put into bat, Par Gandaria scored 60 for 7 in their 20 overs with 49 runs coming in as extras.
In reply, Amzad Ali Sarker 'B' team reached their target of 61 runs losing 3 wickets in 14.3 overs with as many as 42 runs from extras.
Bangladesh Krira Shikkha Protishthan earned a huge 10-wicket victory over Amzad Ali Sarker Girls' High School 'A' team, also at the Gulshan
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig....php?nid=93052
Old June 18, 2009, 11:25 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseer
How they have not paid the match fees? That is pathetic.
I support all the concerns that are expressed here and needs to take care of; Specially the favoritism in team selection.

Also want to add that, women cricketers need to be patient as well. This is early days for them and they have shown lots of promise. But comparing with the Men's team in accordance with facility should not be case. If we see the actual scenario of facility/benefits in other sports in Bangladesh, its rather far below compare to Cricket. Shooting, Athletics, Swimming; in this areas both Men and Women had tremendous international success. But still the facility like food, accomodation they get in training camp is horrible. These are practical scenario really.
Not comparing with men's team, bro, not at all. Its been 2 years, still there is no planning for our girls' team. This is disappointing.
Old June 18, 2009, 11:36 PM
First Class Cricketer

btw, this post is not in the list in home page.. seems its no more important for BC. if so, delete the entire post and i will bury my effort to let everyone know the scenario of women's cricket.
Old June 19, 2009, 12:13 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
btw, this post is not in the list in home page.. seems its no more important for BC. if so, delete the entire post and i will bury my effort to let everyone know the scenario of women's cricket.
Withdrawing this post........
Old June 19, 2009, 12:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Not comparing with men's team, bro, not at all. Its been 2 years, still there is no planning for our girls' team. This is disappointing.
Bangladesh sport in general is disorganised. To be honest, we're not going to produce decent female players if our 'men' keep failing the way they are.

The sports administration need to organise themselves before we get anywhere with the teams.
Old June 24, 2009, 04:33 PM
Cricket Savant

Dear Kathbirali apu, this is a great opportunity and you must go to this meeting/get together in Dhaka and speak your mind and talk to all the members face to face with the likes of Rabz bhai, Miraz bhai, Auntu bhai, Warwolf(Sadi) bhai, thebest bhai(Shakil), SohelNR bhai, Jisaan bhai and many more other good souls about the mistreatment and utter misery in BD women's cricket! You need to get these people pissed off and then Inshallah success will come!!! Please contact Rabz bahi for all the info! Also go to this thread for a lot of info about it, thank you apu and best of luck and all my prayers are with you and the team!...http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...t=30007&page=2
Old August 4, 2009, 09:41 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: imran khan
Default Save our women's cricket, Remove the craps! by BC's Kathbirali

Islam doesn't talk specifically about women in sport but those are the basic rules that makes it so controversial:

1. Women must not adorn themselves for the purpose of being seen by men.

2. They must not unveil any of their private parts that Islam orders them to cover.

3. They must not intermingle with men in any way that brings them physically close together.

and from here to forbid women participating at sports , it's a matter of terminology.
Old August 4, 2009, 09:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty wom
Islam doesn't talk specifically about women in sport but those are the basic rules that makes it so controversial:

1. Women must not adorn themselves for the purpose of being seen by men.

2. They must not unveil any of their private parts that Islam orders them to cover.

3. They must not intermingle with men in any way that brings them physically close together.

and from here to forbid women participating at sports , it's a matter of terminology.
What do you want to say exactly? Be clear.
Old August 4, 2009, 04:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
What do you want to say exactly? Be clear.
I got her. She meant that Islam doesn't necessarily have a problem with women playing sports. It's a few of the issues related with women sports which Islam is concerned about; e.g.- dress code etc. Is that what you asked?
Old August 4, 2009, 04:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
I got her. She meant that Islam doesn't necessarily have a problem with women playing sports. It's a few of the issues related with women sports which Islam is concerned about; e.g.- dress code etc.
So what exactly does it mean?

For example, with its current dress-code, is Beach Volleyball ok or "not ok"? How about Tennis or Syncronized swimming or Ice skating or even gymnastics?

If all of them are "not OK",then does modifying dress code (like for example wearing Hijab or Burka) will make it ok to play all those sports?
Old August 4, 2009, 04:51 PM
Cricket Savant

Dear shongrami apas and bros,

I am really glad that the thread got bumped up again. I have been feeling extremely bad for my dearest Kathbirali apu and our dear beloved, forever respectable, most honorable, national women's team that we are so proud of. I sincerely feel that I and we let Kathbirali apu down when she actually came here and revealed the truth about the unthinkable, unimaginable misjustice over old due match fee payment and overall extremely bad uncaring treatment by BCB to the BD national women's cricketers. BCB is simply violating the ICC code and regulation and the promise that they have to live by of building women's cricket and infrastructure as a full mamber nation!

Please bhais and apas, voice it, get angry about it, help the progress of the game of cricket in our beloved Bangladesh! I strongly beleive if both of my mother and father were good cricketers then I have the best chance to be a better cricketer! A true sense of the sport can only generate and flourish when we genuinely have proper healthy, competitive cricket in our whole family, whole blood line!

Long live our mothers, fufus, khalas, dadi-ammas, nani-ammas, aunts, grandmas, sisters and daughters of Bangladesh cricket!

P.S. Pretty woman sister, thank you for your kind support, please contuinue to support us and your fellow cricketers! Also, your genuine support for BD women's cricket can only help BD to flourish and develop players like Sana Mir, Urooj Mumtaz and Bismah Maroof of Pakistan someday Inshallah! Long live the spirit of the great Imran Khan!

P.S. Dear Miraz bhaiya, Sohel Nadim bhaiya, Billah bhaiya, Tiger-eyes Mijan bhiaya, Kalpurush bhaiya, Dr. Zunaid bhaiya, Warwolf bhiaya, Auntu bhiaya, Jishaan bhaiya, SMHasan bhaiya, Rabz bhaiya, Kabir bhaiya, Munshi bhaiya, SS bhaiya, Asif bhaiya, Yaseer bhaia, Rabeed Imam bhiaya, thebest bhaiya, Fazal mama, FagunerAgun mama, Poorfan bahiya and all my BC admin bhaiyas and all my BC family please please help in this matter! Please do not get mad at me for not mentioning all of us by individual names, as I mean this for all of us, each and every soul here! By those few names I called out the senior/older bhais who I am begging for help!

Last edited by bujhee kom; August 4, 2009 at 06:26 PM..
Old August 4, 2009, 05:10 PM
Cricket Guru

I thought we got few committees and cricket organizers...what happened to them....
Anyone can go to Madam's door with plea and request...