facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 11, 2017, 08:43 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, Fizzy

Oh geez! Is it gonna be Pybus again? Really? This guy will butt heads again and leave in two months without signing anything (i.e. a contract) again. Papon is going gung-ho on Pybus like Lotus Mamu did before he hired Pybus. Wrong coach!

Why not give Whatmore the job again then? He will be more than happy to come back for $300,000 a year. I would rather take Dav backk than Pybus, if you are gonna go the re-hiring route. Heck give me Siddons too then. Ugh

Old November 11, 2017, 10:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Man are these guys so short sighted. There are enough of good coaches out there.

Pybus's stint with WI as director of cricket was criticized by WI fans. Very overrated, and he's already had one negative experience with BD. So why bring him back?
Old November 12, 2017, 12:50 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Whatever zimbabwe is paying Heath just pay double that and poach him
Old November 12, 2017, 12:56 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Thats what I said too... how hard is it to beat Zimbabwean cricket board?
Old November 12, 2017, 01:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
Money is not everything, people will give an arm and a leg to coach their national team.
Something tells me Streak ain't doing it for the money.
Old November 12, 2017, 01:03 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
Thats what I said too... how hard is it to beat Zimbabwean cricket board?
Our board is not paying cricketers at a high level, they are not doing A team tours, no investments in facilities that we have heard of, so where is all the money going?
Old November 12, 2017, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
Money is not everything, people will give an arm and a leg to coach their national team.
Something tells me Streak ain't doing it for the money.
Bhai... that sounds great. But as Vito Corleone said, "I am gonna make him an offer he cant refuse"

And Papon certainly has the cash to pull off a Vito....
And Streak came once, he also left the honor of being an international bowling coach to coach an academy in India for money and potential. So I dont buy this arm and leg theory for him
Old November 12, 2017, 01:17 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Where is Gary Kirsten? Is he still coaching?
Old November 12, 2017, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Our board is not paying cricketers at a high level, they are not doing A team tours, no investments in facilities that we have heard of, so where is all the money going?
deeep deeeep pockettt
Old November 12, 2017, 01:27 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, Fizzy

Hey Everyone,

I think it is about to be official. He's GONE! Look at Hathuru's Twitter account. He has taken off everything that is related to BCB in his bio. Even his profile pic that had him in BCB jersey.

https://twitter.com/chathurusinghe?lang=en
Old November 12, 2017, 01:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
deeep deeeep pockettt
Deep deep pocket?

More like bottomless wormhole.
Old November 12, 2017, 05:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Well who ever comes will be dealing with a mess. First they have to deal with egoistic senior players who think they are untouchable. Then you have the headache with garbage selectors who select nonsense players like Shafiul. And once you get over all that, the coach will have to somehow build a strategy to bring in new players.

Allah save our team.
Old November 12, 2017, 06:40 AM
Cricket Legend

The Academy coach,the Aussie guy.Coached domestically,overseas and now the Academy.
Old November 12, 2017, 06:44 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockley
The Academy coach,the Aussie guy.Coached domestically,overseas and now the Academy.
Troy Cooley? He would be awesome for our bowling unit.
Old November 12, 2017, 06:54 AM
Cricket Legend

I meant the Bangladesh Academy.Simon Helmot.
Troy Cooley would be good,very experienced,is the head coach at the Academy,presently coaching the Cricket Australia xl sides that played on the JLT one day cup,and now CA xl vs England in the Ashes build up.
Old November 12, 2017, 09:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Well who ever comes will be dealing with a mess. First they have to deal with egoistic senior players who think they are untouchable. Then you have the headache with garbage selectors who select nonsense players like Shafiul. And once you get over all that, the coach will have to somehow build a strategy to bring in new players.

Allah save our team.
I think by default even if Sarwar Imran or Khaled Mahmud or Salahuddin takes over, you will see a significant improvement in performance compared to South Africa.

The squad was absolute broken, divided, demotivated in South Africa. It was a case of everything that could go wrong was happening. And clearly Hathurusingha had given up before the first ball of the tour was bowled.

Coaching this team should be much easier than any of our former teams, or even the one Hathurusinghe inherited. Any reasonable coach who can rally the team, motivate them should be able to bring about much improved performance.

But get another politician like Richard Pybus, he can ruin everything in 3-4 months.
Old November 12, 2017, 09:52 PM

Quote:

Allah save our team.
you forgot a bunch of young players with zero brain, temperament and a downward performance curve
Old November 12, 2017, 10:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
I think by default even if Sarwar Imran or Khaled Mahmud or Salahuddin takes over, you will see a significant improvement in performance compared to South Africa.

The squad was absolute broken, divided, demotivated in South Africa. It was a case of everything that could go wrong was happening. And clearly Hathurusingha had given up before the first ball of the tour was bowled.

Coaching this team should be much easier than any of our former teams, or even the one Hathurusinghe inherited. Any reasonable coach who can rally the team, motivate them should be able to bring about much improved performance.

But get another politician like Richard Pybus, he can ruin everything in 3-4 months.
Yep, even Sujon will be an improvement from whatever was happening in SA. But bringing in Pybus will be jumping from the frying into the fire!!!
Old November 12, 2017, 11:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:

Allah save our team.
Exactly. Without that the next coach will bound to be a failure. And a strict/disciplinarian coach is not going to survive with the current attitude of our senior citizen players.

Haturu daa needs to go? Great. Then its time to clean up the house. Cry babies as leader needs to go, complaining against management by captain in public needs to go, snitch/betrayer players who leaks in the media needs to go, senior players privileged mentality need to go.

And yes BCB need to change back to old selection system. You need to give full power to the selection team and only then you can make them accountable. current Hodge podge system only help to divert the accountability when things goes wrong. head coach should provide feedback to the selection team what kind of player he needs, but should not play as a chief selector.

Unless they address all these problems, just changing the head coach will not bring any better result.
Old November 13, 2017, 04:09 AM
Cricket Legend

It is possible to be a strict disciplinarian and yet be flexible.

I am not vindicating any of our players, but Hathurusingha wasnt willing to be flexible with players, selectors, management. I guess thats where much of the trouble started.
Old November 13, 2017, 05:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
you forgot a bunch of young players with zero brain, temperament and a downward performance curve
I think it was included in the "building a strategy to bring in new players" so I didnt actually forget it. I think our new players have a brain but dont have mentors to guide them.

Pilot and Bashar might not have been our best players but were mature enough to guide the polapines like Shakib, Mushfiq and Tamim when they made the team. Now the polapines are now the seniors but dont act with much maturity. They are not ideal role models either.
Old November 13, 2017, 09:23 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
It is possible to be a strict disciplinarian and yet be flexible.

I am not vindicating any of our players, but Hathurusingha wasnt willing to be flexible with players, selectors, management. I guess thats where much of the trouble started.
Yes Hathurusingha's inflexibility in multiple end created trouble.But we all know that Hathurusingha is part of the problem but not all the root cause of all the problems. The current senior players are here for a while and their lack of common sense, dedication, leadership and mentor quality (in general) are very well known and part of the problem that goes in the past even before Hathurusingha and Papon came to picture. Also it is well known that current senior players thinks they are an exclusive group and deserve unconditional support from management regardless of their performance. it is also well known that they often lobby to BCB president for their senior comrades even when their senior comrade is out of form.

BCB screwed up the selection process and now there is no accountability as with this hudge-puge process nobody knows for sure who is making some hard to justify selection.

Don't you think that as we are making a big change, this is the time to address all the known problems instead of changing one and hoping for miracle.

I don't think strict disciplinarian and yet be flexible, will do the job for us unless we address other problems. He will be frustrated and then he will cut loss and leave prematurely. Nobody want to a babysit whiny adults who never shows any indication to learn and grow.
Old November 13, 2017, 11:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Yeah selection system needs to go back to the old system. Captain and coach should be able to make requests/give suggestions, but ultimate decision should rest on a panel of three selectors.

Captaincy issue is also critical. My brother in law who knows ppl close to SLC said one of the differences Hathurusinghe had with BCB was Mashrafe. BCB wanted Mashrafe until 2019, whereas our coach wanted a change.

The captaincy issue is also a major part of the problem. There should be one captain for all formats, otherwise we tend to over complicate things.
Old November 13, 2017, 11:52 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Captaincy issue is also critical. My brother in law who knows ppl close to SLC said one of the differences Hathurusinghe had with BCB was Mashrafe. BCB wanted Mashrafe until 2019, whereas our coach wanted a change.
This summer in a private gathering BCB Prsident mentioned he asked Mashrafee to pick time-frame when he plan to retire. It didn't looked like he wanted him to stay until 2019. It looked like he wanted him to retire much sooner. mashrafee's performance is diminishing pretty quickly and it looked like Papon is well aware of that.

If BCB wanted Mashrafee until 2019, its a big news to me. I thought they were already in process of phasing him out.
Old November 13, 2017, 12:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
This summer in a private gathering BCB Prsident mentioned he asked Mashrafee to pick time-frame when he plan to retire. It didn't looked like he wanted him to stay until 2019. It looked like he wanted him to retire much sooner. mashrafee's performance is diminishing pretty quickly and it looked like Papon is well aware of that.

If BCB wanted Mashrafee until 2019, its a big news to me. I thought they were already in process of phasing him out.
I also dont think he could last till 2019 either in any format for international cricket. Wonder who will make Capt and VP once he is gone. Shakib and Tamim?