facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Will the Bangladeshi Team have a batsmen that averages 50+ in ODIs within 5 years time?
Yes 3 15.79%
No 16 84.21%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 26, 2012, 04:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes
Default Your Bangladesh ODI XI in 5 years time.

We are all looking to the future in terms of Bangladesh Cricket and with the recent performances of Soumya Sarkar and Abu Haider why wouldnt we be? What will be the playing XI in 5 years time? Will there be a drastic change to the team? Or will it be similar to the current day team? This might be a similar thread to Tiger1000's thread of '5 years time' but i made a different thread so that everyone can express their specific playing XI in 5 years time.

Who are the youngsters in the domestic circuit that will be a regular member of the Bangladesh team? Will Tamim and Shakib be good enough to stay in the team or will we see a revolution of classy cricketers flooding into the team? Will Mashrafe still be playing in 5 years time? Share your thought as well as your team.

To show you guys an idea of the change that has happened in the Bangladesh team in 5 years i have typed up the Bangladesh team that versued India in the 2007 World Cup.
1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Shahriar Nafees
3. Mushfiqur Rahim
4. Aftab Ahmed
5. Shakib Al Hasan
6. Habibul Bashar
7. Mohammad Ashraful
8. Mohammad Rafique
9. Mashrafe Mortaza
10. Abdur Razzak
11. Syed Rasel

This was the Bangladesh XI in the recent Asia Cup 2012
1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Nazimuddin
3. Jahurul Islam
4. Nasir Hossain
5. Shakib Al Hasan
6. Mushfiqur Rahim
7. Mahmudullah
8. Mashrafe Mortaza
9. Abdur Razzak
10. Shahadat Hossain
11. Nazmul Hossain

It is clear that the team as vastly changed in 5 years time with the only players being both teams are Mushfiq, Tamim, Shakib, Mashrafe and Razzak. Change has certainly come in 5 years. So who do you think will be in the playing XI for Bangladesh in 2017?

Discuss.
Old June 26, 2012, 04:46 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Bangladesh ODI XI in 5 years, that's 2017. Yes I will put a ring on it.

1. Tamim (will average 40+)
2. Shoummo Shaurkar (will average 35+)
3. Bijauy (will average 50)
4. Riyad/Nasir (will average 35)
5. Shakib (will average 40)
6. Mushfique (will average 40)
7. Hom (will average 35)
8. Rumman (will average 30)
9. Roy/Babu (will average 30)
10. KI Rabbi (will average 10)
11. Rubel (will average 10)

Fazle Rabbi may also make it as an opener. If he does, I predict he'll average 35.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 26, 2012, 05:32 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR

7. Hom (will average 35)

Fazle Rabbi may also make it as an opener. If he does, I predict he'll average 35.
Sohel bhaia you seems to be the person who has in-dept knowledge about our cricket but i still dont get it why do you belive bijoy will avg 50..in ODI its out of question IMHO, and i dont think so in test he can do that..to avg 50 in any form of cricket you need skill,Patience and talent combined..i dont think any of our batsmans have the patiences
Old June 27, 2012, 05:05 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Sohel bhaia you seems to be the person who has in-dept knowledge about our cricket but i still dont get it why do you belive bijoy will avg 50..in ODI its out of question IMHO, and i dont think so in test he can do that..to avg 50 in any form of cricket you need skill,Patience and talent combined..i dont think any of our batsmans have the patiences
I try to be thoughtful about my cricket and go to local matches but am neither an expert nor infallible.

Obviously I rate Bijauy VERY highly, higher than other players I also rated highly ever since I started my career here at BC. Some of them -- Mtin, Alk, Aftb, Nfis Iqbal, and to a LESSER extent Imrze, Imrl, Orin and Dhimn -- let me down. Others -- Shakib, Mushfique (batting only), Post-Salahuddin Tamim, Rubel and Nasir -- did not. Although I never thought they were crap, I've been pleasantly surprised by Riyad, Shuhash and nowadays Sunny. That being said, Shuhash has begun to disappoint.

On the other hand, genuinely crappy players like Glla, Rjin, Ribul, MS Shbho and now Nazimddin have never failed me.

So as you can see, it has been a mixed bag of prediction success and there is no reason why things should dramatically tilt one way or another.

I rate Bijauy and Shubhagauto very highly now with Bijauy even higher than Mtin, the one to have received my highest rating before he came along. I'm rating Hom at a slightly lower level at par with Alk, Aftb, and Nfis Iqbal before I was forced to give up on them.

Now, these guys can prove me right, or they may force me to write their names with a "" emoticon, but I love what I've seen in these guys over the last 2-3 years, and strongly feel each has what it takes to succeed at the highest level, and then sustain that success over time. Since they have either just started their ODI career and or would get a shot soon, I reckon they'll get those averages easily through sustained success. They have the intelligence, the desire, hand-eye coordination and the temperament to do just that. Bijauy especially is that special a player and we'll see him at his best soon InshAllah.

Now, I don't like using the "" emoticon any more than you enjoy seeing it in my posts, so I've become a lot more careful about my predictions. For example, I need more time before making any prediction of Shoummo, Munna, Shaujeeb, Shouraubh, Ratul, Shubhashish, KI Rabbi and Fazle Rabbi although from what I've seen of them with my own eyes, they all have tremendous promise because each appears a class apart in the domestics. I'm talking about at least 2-3 years of actual, not purely statistical observation here. Now I'm looking forward to observing Raju, Rony and Shoikot from the scapegoated U19s.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; June 27, 2012 at 05:38 AM..
Old June 26, 2012, 10:13 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

Quote:

7. Hom (will average 35)

Bhaijan eita ki jatir pitar shopno??? ;p
Old June 27, 2012, 03:12 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Warne McGrath and S Waugh

Quote:
Excuse my ignorance. Who is Bijauy?
Old June 27, 2012, 03:14 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla & Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAus
Excuse my ignorance. Who is Bijauy?
Young Anamul Hoque.
Old June 26, 2012, 04:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol

Discuss.
Bhai, don't you get tired by all those XI's. If i am mistaken we have already made at least 15 different combination of players.

Lets not focus on things which are far away rather think about present time. People who think too much for future, miss out opportunities of today's.
Old June 26, 2012, 04:58 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Bd XI in 5 years

1.Shakib al hasan
2.Shakib al hasan's 2 year old son
3. Ram
4. Sam
5. jodu
6. modu
7-11. put random names it doesn't matter
Old June 26, 2012, 05:26 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Yet Another Your XI thread
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old June 26, 2012, 05:29 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Yet Another Your XI thread
YAYXT? almost sounds like a yacht!
Old June 26, 2012, 05:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

An average of 50 in ODIs? How many batsmen in world cricket have that and are able to sustain it till the end of their careers? Averages and even SRs don't mean a whole lot in ODIs; it's the number of game changing innings one has played and their ability to win matches which counts when judging an ODI player. Regardless, since OP is asking for it:

Tamim Iqbal (Average: 35+)
Anamul Haque (Average: 30+)
Mahmudullah (Average 35+)
Shakib Al Hasan (Average: 40+) (Bowling Average: ~25)
Mushfiqur Rahim (WK) (Average 30+)
Nasir Hossain (Average 35+)
Mominul Haque (Average 30+)
Shohag Gazi (Bowling average: 27 - 30)
Nazmul Hossain/Shafiul Islam/Abul Hasan/Elias Sunny/Arafat Sunny
Rubel Hossain (Bowling average: 30 - 32)
Al-Amin Hossain (Bowling average: 28 - 30)
Old June 26, 2012, 06:19 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Lol..another one

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old June 26, 2012, 08:06 AM
MLC World Series I

This made me chuckle, NO! Many of them may average 30-35 and perhaps a couple of them may touch 40, but 50 in 5 years time, is being way too optimistic, considering our progression.
Old June 26, 2012, 04:35 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

its interesting to see no Mashrafe in any squad even though he is clearly the best right now. Face it folks, even in next 5 years we wont have a seamer better than Mashrafe. There is Shafiul and Rubel but both are very inconsistent (way more than Mash) so they wont come through. We are left with Nazmul who will always be a stepson in BD cricket. About Babu, Al Amin, Rabbi.... forget it guys. You bring them in next 5 years and u might see their international career ending earlier than you think. there wont be much changes in terms of seamers... It will be the top order, lower order batsmen that will be shuffled and might see couple of new SLAs replacing the rusty ones.
Old June 26, 2012, 07:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

it's really really hard to average over 40 in ODIs, even kevin pietersen only averaged 41 (nearly 42) and he's considered one of the best ODI batsmen ever, if not then certainly of his generation. we might find one that can average over 40 if we are lucky but most will average around 35 probably, somewhere between 30-40 will be the norm (the better ones just over 35 and the rest just under) in 5 years for BD imo.

in tests it's a bit different, i think we have a few players that can get around the 40 mark and one or two that can go above it.

as far as bowling goes, it probably won't be to different, i think elias will be a respected spinner by all teams, but as far as pace goes they'll just be reasonable. i just don't see any of the current pace prospects being any better than solid international pacers, i think our best chance is rubel though. i think abul, babu and al amin are good prospects but we don't have any malinga's or steyn's or anyone like that coming through.
Old June 27, 2012, 01:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Our pace bowlers will be the weakest link in 5 years. I highly doubt Mashrafe will make it to 5 years. Nazmul might be the next option. Rubel and Shafiul will be there. Abul Hasan is being groomed for the international stage. So there is 4 options left. Echoing on what rinathq has said all these random names of bowlers i keep hearing in the domestic circuit Al Amin, Alauddin, Rabbi, Kazi Kamrul, Abu Jayed etc. From this bunch who is the real standout? Dont think any of them are. Is there a person who takes the five wicket hauls or is an intimidating bowler to face? They will be lost and we will be banking on our youngsters yet again to produce something.

As much as i hate to say it but Imrul will be lost as well as the Junaids, the Nazim's and other fringe players. Razzak might retire by 5 years. Ashraful will always be that fringe player of the team. Selectors will continue to neglect Nazmul. Hopefully Tamim hangs on and doesnt become an Alok or Aftab because you never know anything could happen in 5 years. So realistically speaking this will probably be the team.
1. Tamim Iqbal
3. Anamul Haque
4. Mushfiqur Rahim
5. Shakib Al Hasan
6. Nasir Hossain
7. Mahmudullah
9. Elias Sunny
10. Abul Hasan
11. Rubel Hossain

fringe: Shuvagata Hom, Asif Ahmed, Enamul Haque, Arafat Sunny, Mominul Haque, Sabbir Rahman, Nazmul Hossain, Shafiul Islam, Ziaur Rahman, Soumya Sarkar

Who will be the opening batsmen and the spinner/pacer?
Old June 27, 2012, 01:32 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
it's really really hard to average over 40 in ODIs, even kevin pietersen only averaged 41 (nearly 42)...
It's not as hard if you bat at 5-6-7 as you have both the chance of making a decent amount of runs AND staying not out at the end of the innings. An opener or No.3 will hardly ever play through the innings, so he can't rely on not outs to boost his average and will have to make a significant number of runs on a regular basis to compensate. That is really tough. (Hence why a player of Sangakarra's class averages less than 40.)
Old June 27, 2012, 01:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
It's not as hard if you bat at 5-6-7 as you have both the chance of making a decent amount of runs AND staying not out at the end of the innings. An opener or No.3 will hardly ever play through the innings, so he can't rely on not outs to boost his average and will have to make a significant number of runs on a regular basis to compensate. That is really tough. (Hence why a player of Sangakarra's class averages less than 40.)
Remaining Not Out is a factor right which is why probably only two players in ODI history of average 50- Michael Bevan and MS Dhoni- both are mostly finishers
Old June 27, 2012, 03:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
Remaining Not Out is a factor right which is why probably only two players in ODI history of average 50- Michael Bevan and MS Dhoni- both are mostly finishers
Amla averages 56.49 after 57 matches, strike rate of 91.43. kohli is averaging 50 after 85 matches, troot is at 49 after 46. de villiers is the next averaging 49 with a strike rate of 93 after 127 matches then hussey was still averaged over 50 when he passed the 100 matches mark but now has dropped to 48.

ten Doeschate has the highest average of 67 after 33 matches but obviously the quality of opponent isn't as high.
even if someone bats at 6/7/8/9 wherever it is still ridiculously hard to average 50 in ODI cricket, dhoni and bevan are way ahead of the pack still averaging over 50 after 200+ matches each. i reckon if someone else is to be up their then de villiers will do it, amla might hold onto a 50+ aveage with such a great start to his ODI career and kohli is there to.
Old June 27, 2012, 03:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Amla averages 56.49 after 57 matches, strike rate of 91.43. kohli is averaging 50 after 85 matches, troot is at 49 after 46. de villiers is the next averaging 49 with a strike rate of 93 after 127 matches then hussey was still averaged over 50 when he passed the 100 matches mark but now has dropped to 48.

ten Doeschate has the highest average of 67 after 33 matches but obviously the quality of opponent isn't as high.
even if someone bats at 6/7/8/9 wherever it is still ridiculously hard to average 50 in ODI cricket, dhoni and bevan are way ahead of the pack still averaging over 50 after 200+ matches each. i reckon if someone else is to be up their then de villiers will do it, amla might hold onto a 50+ aveage with such a great start to his ODI career and kohli is there to.
Apologies for not mentioning high amount of ODIs being played; AB De Villiers is the one next who has the highest possibility to be around 50 after 200 matches; Hussey's average is falling very slightly; we have to wait for Amla, Kohli and Trott but all of them also have some high chances to remain there about 50 (as they are Ponting, Dravid and Kallis-esque I would say by the time they finish they will end around average of 42-45)
Old June 27, 2012, 01:30 AM
Cricket Legend

I would like to see Ashraful becoming Dilshan-esque within 5 years. Not high possibility but a possibility nevertheless.
Old June 27, 2012, 01:46 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Shakib and Mahmudullah have also benefited from the not out rule =p
Old June 27, 2012, 02:59 AM
Cricket Legend

I always thought that Tamim would be a much better test cricketer then an ODI cricketer. His technique suits test cricket. But not enough test matches are being played to justify my hypothesis.
Old June 27, 2012, 03:09 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla & Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
I always thought that Tamim would be a much better test cricketer then an ODI cricketer. His technique suits test cricket. But not enough test matches are being played to justify my hypothesis.
Dude it's all about temperament in test cricket. Which Tamim lacks. But now a days, he is totally different. His last 50 in test vs the WI was really a solid 1. He's still improving. A lot more to give.