facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Which Franchise Owner has the highest Net Worth
Dhaka Galidators ( Europa Group) 4 28.57%
Chittagong Kings ( SQ Sports) 0 0%
Duranto Rajshahi (Digital Auto Care) 1 7.14%
Sylhet Royals ( Conglomerate led by Walton) 3 21.43%
Barisal Burners (Alif Group) 1 7.14%
Rangpur Riders (Flora Telecom) 2 14.29%
Khulna Royal Bengals (Orion Group) 3 21.43%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 24, 2012, 02:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib
Default Highroller BPL owners

So who do you think is the richest owner among all the BPL franchises. This could be conjecture from your part or based on what you know about the owners ( personally or otherwise). I just want to see what the general public opinion is about this issue.

Rabz's comment in another thread made me want to open this where he claimed that one of the franchise owner's are one of the biggest conglomerate in bangladesh.

So please vote away. Dont be shy. Also feel free to give your reasoning.

Old December 24, 2012, 04:31 PM
Cricket Sage

I know Walton is the official owner of Sylhet Royals. But Loitta's daughter is involved with that franchise, and I can't help but think she is probably backed up by her father some how. And we all know how much money that dude's got.
Old December 24, 2012, 05:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Barishal owners are the richest, but they may not be extravagant....expected to be quiet calculative.
Old December 24, 2012, 09:52 PM
Cricket Legend

what !!! only three votes so far !! Come on guys dont be a spoil sport. I need more participation and as you can see i am not a very patient man!
Old December 24, 2012, 09:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
I know Walton is the official owner of Sylhet Royals. But Loitta's daughter is involved with that franchise, and I can't help but think she is probably backed up by her father some how. And we all know how much money that dude's got.
SR is a consortium with Walton as the major shareholder. However during this auction I saw Aziz Mohammed Bhai's son in the auction bidding for walton so I am thinking he is also a part of SR.
Old December 25, 2012, 03:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

This is very nice and interesting thread. Most of the groups use around 30 crore taka per year for their team but i dont have enough idea about them. Most of the groups are are unknown to me.
1. I know a bit about Orion Pharma. Its a medium quality pharmaceuticals in Bangladesh. Probably this pharma have a business of around 200 crore taka per year.
2. Walton is no doubt a big company in Bangladesh now.Though its a new company.
3. Europa group:http://www.bangladeshyellowbook.com/...companies.html
4. Flora Telecom http://www.floratelbd.com/main.php
5. Alif group: They produce Navy and Fivestar cigarette Export, Real Estate, Trading, Poly Fibre .http://www.alifgroup.net/
6. Digital autocare: http://www.dacbd.com/contact-us.php

Though I voted for Orion but it seems Walton is the richest.
Old December 27, 2012, 08:27 AM
Club Cricketer

Definitely Walton
Old December 27, 2012, 08:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiate2000
Definitely Walton
so why do walton spend less @ auction?
Old December 28, 2012, 04:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlafan
so why do walton spend less @ auction?
They surely can't match in profitability and cash spending capacity with a cigarette company....like Alif Group...
Old December 29, 2012, 01:26 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

no idea whatsoever
Old December 29, 2012, 01:42 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Single majority owner, I'd think Orion has more money than anyone.
The Group has business in Agro, Cosmetics (the famous Kohinoor Chemicals), Energy (Two 110+ MW Power Plants), Real Estate (City Center, 37 storey building in Motijheel which is the tallest in the country), Construction (Jatrabari Flyover), Pharmaceuticals etc. They used to own a bank too, but got defunct and was later auctioned to a consortium of foreign investors back in Caretaker Govt days.

But if you considering amongst all owners, minor and major shareholders, no one can probably beat our beloved Bodna Kamal, who has shares in Sylhet Royal. Super genius, the guy has a questionable image as an businessman. Owns over 20 different companies that is registered in Bangladesh and only God knows how much he has in Swiss and other accounts around the world.
Considered an instrumental figure of the TK 20,000 Crore (roughly over USD 3 Billion) that was scammed out of share market during this AL govt's era in 2010-11.
I won't be surprised if SR is actually owned by him and Walton is just a front figure.
Big shareholder of the MLM Neway, the company that sponsored BD jersey during Asia Cup.
Big financier of the AL party.

Digicare, the owners of Rajshahi, actually owns a big chunk of BPL.
They are a big shareholder of the Game On event management that got this BPL rolling.
Infact I won't be surprised if the whole BPL is owned by Lotus Kamal, Mushfiq Mohan and syndicate of few other business men in Bangladesh with Game On (Kolkata based Indian company) is just the front face.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old December 29, 2012, 05:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Single majority owner, I'd think Orion has more money than anyone.
The Group has business in Agro, Cosmetics (the famous Kohinoor Chemicals), Energy (Two 110+ MW Power Plants), Real Estate (City Center, 37 storey building in Motijheel which is the tallest in the country), Construction (Jatrabari Flyover), Pharmaceuticals etc. They used to own a bank too, but got defunct and was later auctioned to a consortium of foreign investors back in Caretaker Govt days.

But if you considering amongst all owners, minor and major shareholders, no one can probably beat our beloved Bodna Kamal, who has shares in Sylhet Royal. Super genius, the guy has a questionable image as an businessman. Owns over 20 different companies that is registered in Bangladesh and only God knows how much he has in Swiss and other accounts around the world.
Considered an instrumental figure of the TK 20,000 Crore (roughly over USD 3 Billion) that was scammed out of share market during this AL govt's era in 2010-11.
I won't be surprised if SR is actually owned by him and Walton is just a front figure.
Big shareholder of the MLM Neway, the company that sponsored BD jersey during Asia Cup.
Big financier of the AL party.

Digicare, the owners of Rajshahi, actually owns a big chunk of BPL.
They are a big shareholder of the Game On event management that got this BPL rolling.
Infact I won't be surprised if the whole BPL is owned by Lotus Kamal, Mushfiq Mohan and syndicate of few other business men in Bangladesh with Game On (Kolkata based Indian company) is just the front face.
Nice....quiet informative..... But then, in BD so much of Black money around, it's pretty hard to measure actual capacity of anyone...
Old December 31, 2012, 12:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Let the owners spend as much as possible...right now there is a cap of 1.5 Million!! of course they should deposit the 50 percent to BCB ahead of the season....
Old January 16, 2013, 01:29 PM
Street Cricketer

I think Orion are the richest,I dont really know about Loitta and others but I do know Flora are loaded with cash. Flora are the pioneers of computer accessories in BD and them and Computer Source are the two giants in that sector.
Old January 16, 2013, 10:26 PM
Cricket Savant

as murad bhai would say... high roller er concept ta kemon bedharmik bedharmik jeno... :p

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles